Comparison of Lahore Metro, Islamabad Metro & Trans Peshawar

pti007

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Re: Peshawar Mass Transit Cost vs Lahore Mass Transit Cost

Even if it is a proposal and it is worth 57 billion. It will service all Peshawar and take care of the whole transport issue for good 25 years. On the other hand PMLN will keep building routes in Lahore every 5 years and still the transportation issue will not be solved after 25 years. And at the end of the day the total cost of mass transit system in Lahore will be well over 1000 billion when all the routes get completed.

pti007

Peshawar project must be dirt cheap because it is only on paper, and there are no signs that it will be built.

All over the world, most of the time is spent on planning to make sure that public money is not wasted. Only in Lahore showbaz builds one road 5 times in a matter of 8 years and then calls boosts about it.

Talwar Gujjar

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

All over the world, most of the time is spent on planning to make sure that public money is not wasted. Only in Lahore showbaz builds one road 5 times in a matter of 8 years and then calls boosts about it.

G haan planning jaree raxein, 2018 k election mein awam xud he project ko mukammil ker dein g.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Come on man what personal attacks. Is it not your duty to be responsible on what you say. You always throw things at my face wether it makes sense or not. Come on even if i take your hilarious manhatton population daytime swelling out of equation. Where did you come up with idea of daily flocking in peshawer and not in lahore.
And another one that Pubjab govt. Reports total capacity while Kpk is not.
I just want you to be a bit sensibe in what you say. Not asking you to stop talking.

First of all, i have numerous times rejected the fallacy of these numbers/comparisons. None of them are true. Even for Lahore.
Secondly, there is a remarkable difference between Peshawar and Lahore/Karachi. Lahore and Karachi are metropolitan cities, with a bit of every thing for everyone. People from the outskirts of Lahore, who work in Lahore, prefer to stay in Lahore, as opposed to commuting every day. Same goes for Karachi. That doesnt mean that noone commutes into these 2 cities.

But Peshawar is not comparable to Lahore and Karachi. Peshawar has a huge refugee population that lives on the outskirts, that commutes in daily.

I always take it as a huge compliment to Peshawar when PMLN starts comparing Lahore to Peshawar. Its like David compared to Goliath, and still having to make a argument to prove that Lahore is er, inches better than Peshawar.

Is Lahore that hollow that PMLN has to compare a massively funded city like Lahore, to Peshawar, which, till 2013, was extremely terrorism hit, corruption riddled and backward?

My bottom line point is, comparison means nothing. Even if Peshawar achieves half of what they are claiming, they would still trump Lahore or Karachi, in terms of relative progress.

RajaRawal111

You always start filling in the arguments with a thing from here and thing from there. And that is what you do when you talk on the financial matters. I tend to stay back as I try to understand what you mean to say. It always sounds something.

Just like your Peshawar. What the heck you are talking about man. Is Peshawar and industrial area where thousands of Mazdoors come from out side in the morning and leave in the night. Yes that happens with every city but what makes it so peculiar for Peshawar that it stand above all other cities.
First of all, i have numerous times rejected the fallacy of these numbers/comparisons. None of them are true. Even for Lahore.
Secondly, there is a remarkable difference between Peshawar and Lahore/Karachi. Lahore and Karachi are metropolitan cities, with a bit of every thing for everyone. People from the outskirts of Lahore, who work in Lahore, prefer to stay in Lahore, as opposed to commuting every day. Same goes for Karachi. That doesn't mean that no one commutes into these 2 cities.
No you are talking about the refuge colonies and banking on them. Are they goint to last for ever. ?????

But Peshawar is not comparable to Lahore and Karachi. Peshawar has a huge refugee population that lives on the outskirts, that commutes in daily.

I always take it as a huge compliment to Peshawar when PMLN starts comparing Lahore to Peshawar. Its like David compared to Goliath, and still having to make a argument to prove that Lahore is er, inches better than Peshawar.

Is Lahore that hollow that PMLN has to compare a massively funded city like Lahore, to Peshawar, which, till 2013, was extremely terrorism hit, corruption riddled and backward?

My bottom line point is, comparison means nothing. Even if Peshawar achieves half of what they are claiming, they would still trump Lahore or Karachi, in terms of relative progress.

pti007

G haan planning jaree raxein, 2018 k election mein awam xud he project ko mukammil ker dein g.

Ji bilkul planning imporant hai. Jo infrastructure kai dahaion tak kaim rehna hai us mai showbazi se ijtinab krna chahiye. Mai tau heran hn kay 8 transport kay route sirf 57 billion rupay mai. Jab kay Lahore mai Loharon ne 2 route banay pe 300 billion kharach kar diye. Had hoti hai pesa khanay ki b

Talwar Gujjar

Ji bilkul planning imporant hai. Jo infrastructure kai dahaion tak kaim rehna hai us mai showbazi se ijtinab krna chahiye. Mai tau heran hn kay 8 transport kay route sirf 57 billion rupay mai. Jab kay Lahore mai Loharon ne 2 route banay pe 300 billion kharach kar diye. Had hoti hai pesa khanay ki b

Kaam na kernay k koi xarcha nahein hauta, koi project banaein tab h xarcha hauta ha. Vesey b Lahore, Lahore ha, vehan her baat k xarcha zra ziada ha aur Lahori kisi achay kaam p xarchay ko welcome kertay hein.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
1104093190-1.jpg

1104093190-2.gif

feeder-map.jpg

Yee kis Saal ki khabar hay Mr Hafiz? In initial plane there was no such service in any of Metros and its cost would increase many folds.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
I read news 10 days ago that Punjab Govt has designated 200 buses for Feeding the Metro Lines.

150 Bus stops!? How many exist at the moment? ;)
In Lahore LTC operates 650 Buses. Why don't we act like the KPK people and just add that number to the BRT buses number? And while we are at it, why don't we also call these Feeder buses? lol. Yaar... Pakistani Propaganda bhi Pakistani maiyaar ka hi hota hai. haha.

In initial plane there was no such thing....In Ganju ku kaam kaay baad yaad aata hay kay kia miss hu gaya. This shows complete lack of proper planning and managment. They were in hurry just to complete it before 2013 elections.

lurker

I don't know why we all can't agree that the Lahore Metro didn't live up to its costs, the Islamabad Metro didn't and since Peshawar is also part of pakistan and filled with Pakistanis it won't either. PTI is Not PMLN, but PTI is just as Pakistani as anyone else in Pakistan. ;) awein ki tawaqo lagaee hoti hai. Awein ki class banaee hoti hai. Aakhir mein Rulna awaam ne hi hota hai. Doesn't matter honest Khan ke hatthon ya Chor nawaz ke haathon. Ya Army ke Danday se. Subha hoti hai Shaam hoti hai, Zindagi Pooray Pakistan mein Youn hi tamaam hoti hai.

Will_Bite

You always start filling in the arguments with a thing from here and thing from there. And that is what you do when you talk on the financial matters. I tend to stay back as I try to understand what you mean to say. It always sounds something.

Just like your Peshawar. What the heck you are talking about man. Is Peshawar and industrial area where thousands of Mazdoors come from out side in the morning and leave in the night. Yes that happens with every city but what makes it so peculiar for Peshawar that it stand above all other cities.

err..its the largest city in KPK, and did I mention the afghan refugees? Peshawar has massive refugee camps in its surroundings....nasir bagh, badaber, etc. More than 3 million afghan refugees came to Pakistan in the 70s and 80s.....their population more than doubled while here. They dont sit around and chew naswar all day. They go to work/run businesses in Peshawar. Instead of being so hapless, put your brain to good use.

As for splitting hairs on my arguments, I guess most of it is alien to you because 1) you are not associated with the financial industry, and 2) you accept whatever Ishaq Dar says. Well, if the words of a self confessed money launderer are holy to you, who am I to argue.

lurker

In initial plane there was no such thing....In Ganju ku kaam kaay baad yaad aata hay kay kia miss hu gaya. This shows complete lack of proper planning and managment. They were in hurry just to complete it before 2013 elections.
Oh yaar.. Aakhir hum Pakistani hain. We aren't good planners from the beginning of this country, do you think we can make a proper planned anything? lol. Pakistani ho to Pakistani maiyar se cheezon ki tawaqo rakha kero. lol.

RajaRawal111

Yar I can only talk with you when you are reasonable. You have this esteem thing in you in which you will never back off. A perfect Imrani disorder. Whether it makes sense or not you have to stand on top. Go ahead stand on top and also imagin me saluting you. Yes Peshawar is a financial hub of south asia where 480,000 people come in for generate the economy like hell and at the end of the day do back to their low level residential dens because it is so expansive to live is. Only mice can afford to live in the Newyork of south asia.
Khush sir jee.

Did it satisfy your something which ordinary jelous and uneducated people call as "complex".

err..its the largest city in KPK, and did I mention the afghan refugees? Peshawar has massive refugee camps in its surroundings....nasir bagh, badaber, etc. More than 3 million afghan refugees came to Pakistan in the 70s and 80s.....their population more than doubled while here. They dont sit around and chew naswar all day. They go to work/run businesses in Peshawar. Instead of being so hapless, put your brain to good use.

As for splitting hairs on my arguments, I guess most of it is alien to you because 1) you are not associated with the financial industry, and 2) you accept whatever Ishaq Dar says. Well, if the words of a self confessed money launderer are holy to you, who am I to argue.

Will_Bite

Yar I can only talk with you when you are reasonable. You have this esteem thing in you in which you will never back off. A perfect Imrani disorder. Whether it makes sense or not you have to stand on top. Go ahead stand on top and also imagin me saluting you. Yes Peshawar is a financial hub of south asia where 480,000 people come in for generate the economy like hell and at the end of the day do back to their low level residential dens because it is so expansive to live is. Only mice can afford to live in the Newyork of south asia.
Khush sir jee.

Did it satisfy your something which ordinary jelous and uneducated people call as "complex".

Your response was pretty patwaristic, and sounded despondent, since you made it a point to take my statement out of context.

Where did I say that Peshawar was a financial hub? I specifically mentioned that there are at least 5 or 6 afghan refugee camps within a 50km radius of Peshawar. All those migrants travel to Peshawar for their work/business on a daily basis. Most of them are laborers, roadside sellers, shop owners or own tea stalls. The comparison with Manhattan was to highlight the daily influx and out-flux of commuters, as opposed to cities like Lahore, where a lot of people tend to settle.

Stop being a loser for a change, and try to understand the argument before you go on a patwari rant. Every now and then you come in with supposedly intelligent threads, even though the subtle hints hidden inside those threads are quite obvious. But I always tend to humor you on these issues.

As for myself, no, Im not always right, and I dont pretend to be. Just that you never bother to acknowledge or highlight the times where I criticize PTI and certain actions it takes. You just pounce on threads that make your (pay)day.

PS. Yes. Illiterate and uneducated people are not a problem. But illiterates and ignorants who believe they know everything ARE Pakistan's biggest problem.

RajaRawal111

For your information It never bothers me if you criticize PMLN or PTI. Most of the times you are absolutely right. But I get into trouble when you start pushing things from here and their which make no sense. Dont know where are you getting this "comparison", that people from all over come to Peshawer and that does not happen in Lahore.
You are painting a very beautiful picture that i just dont want to make messy. So I told you please go ahead.
This is not first time I am giving up. I just cant compete when you get into this mode.

Your response was pretty patwaristic, and sounded despondent, since you made it a point to take my statement out of context.

Where did I say that Peshawar was a financial hub? I specifically mentioned that there are at least 5 or 6 afghan refugee camps within a 50km radius of Peshawar. All those migrants travel to Peshawar for their work/business on a daily basis. Most of them are laborers, roadside sellers, shop owners or own tea stalls. The comparison with Manhattan was to highlight the daily influx and out-flux of commuters, as opposed to cities like Lahore, where a lot of people tend to settle.

Stop being a loser for a change, and try to understand the argument before you go on a patwari rant. Every now and then you come in with supposedly intelligent threads, even though the subtle hints hidden inside those threads are quite obvious. But I always tend to humor you on these issues.

As for myself, no, Im not always right, and I dont pretend to be. Just that you never bother to acknowledge or highlight the times where I criticize PTI and certain actions it takes. You just pounce on threads that make your (pay)day.

PS. Yes. Illiterate and uneducated people are not a problem. But illiterates and ignorants who believe they know everything ARE Pakistan's biggest problem.

Will_Bite

For your information It never bothers me if you criticize PMLN or PTI. Most of the times you are absolutely right. But I get into trouble when you start pushing things from here and their which make no sense. Dont know where are you getting this "comparison", that people from all over come to Peshawer and that does not happen in Lahore.
You are painting a very beautiful picture that i just dont want to make messy. So I told you please go ahead.
This is not first time I am giving up. I just cant compete when you get into this mode.

Ok. I will turn it into a simple question based on information from UNHCR. Just use common sense and answer.

At its peak, there were more than 11 major refugee camps in Pakistan....most of them, within 50km of Peshawar. Officially, more than 3 million refugees came in the 80s. Unofficially, at least 4 million.
Their population officially swelled to about 5 million (unofficially, no doubt more). Many refugees have been repatriated. Officially, 1.5 million refugees still remain in Pakistan, 80% of whom are in KPK. That translates to 1.2 million. Majority of those are living in the camps on the outskirts of Peshawar, and commute to Peshawar on a daily basis for work. Now are you telling me that out of those 1.2 million, it is impossible to have 300k - 400k refugees coming in to Peshawar daily?

properlogic

So according to your "logic", KPK Government took a $500 million loan from ADB to build Trans Peshawar (Peshawar Metro), purely to cater for "300-400k" Afghan Refugees out of the assumed "1.2 million refugees" living in the outskirts of Peshawar who commute to Peshawar on a daily basis for work. Whattay logic! (bigsmile)

Ok. I will turn it into a simple question based on information from UNHCR. Just use common sense and answer.

At its peak, there were more than 11 major refugee camps in Pakistan....most of them, within 50km of Peshawar. Officially, more than 3 million refugees came in the 80s. Unofficially, at least 4 million.
Their population officially swelled to about 5 million (unofficially, no doubt more). Many refugees have been repatriated. Officially, 1.5 million refugees still remain in Pakistan, 80% of whom are in KPK. That translates to 1.2 million. Majority of those are living in the camps on the outskirts of Peshawar, and commute to Peshawar on a daily basis for work. Now are you telling me that out of those 1.2 million, it is impossible to have 300k - 400k refugees coming in to Peshawar daily?

Will_Bite

So according to your "logic", KPK Government took a $500 million loan from ADB to build Trans Peshawar (Peshawar Metro), purely to cater for "300-400k" Afghan Refugees out of the assumed "1.2 million refugees" living in the outskirts of Peshawar who commute to Peshawar on a daily basis for work. Whattay logic! (bigsmile)
That is your logic......and considering your ID and this being your first post, I assume you are just another patwari who has decided to hide his embarrassment by adopting a new name.

But just to humor you, do your own dirty work and ready the thread before responding to a single post without understanding the concept. The question was about why Peshawar ridership would be high.

properlogic

Is this what you call a level playing field? (omg)

That is your logic......and considering your ID and this being your first post, I assume you are just another patwari who has decided to hide his embarrassment by adopting a new name.

But just to humor you, do your own dirty work and ready the thread before responding to a single post without understanding the concept. The question was about why Peshawar ridership would be high.