BUDGET DISCUSSION, FIGURES, POLICIES AND COMMENTs

Barca, Spain doesn't have sales tax it has VAT. Does it have VAT at 21%? We have 20% increased from 17.5%.

At least sales tax is less regressive. VAT is even more regressive. Even if the VAT is at 20% but it actually costs the end user between 25% to 30%. If you don't understand it I can explain.(bigsmile)

In Nadeem Malik Program at AJJ Dar has admitted that there is no increase in tax net means more burden on same taxpayer.......

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
A question for you and all others and one I have NEVER seen discussed

Maybe even something for you to write about

Pakistan needs some serious funds injected into Government and the economy

Long term we may possess resources beyond our needs and wishes BUT in the short term, is the following feasible

Sell off EVERY bit of Islamabad left to develop to Private developers in Pakistan,

individuals corporations and builders and overseas Pakistanis within a year or two.

ALL of it

How much money could this generate.

The land is lying there for 1/2 a century doing nothing. NO PLOT mafia there I think (Why !!)

The funds generated are from within Pakistan, and not required to be paid back.

How much are we tlking about, anyone know ?

I now it is bloody expensive but how much is left to sell and what can it be sold for ?

What good is for the average Pakistani, it goes to civil servants corrupt politicians, generals and the like

Finish that for once and for all

Looking at a Google image I see so much maybe 1/2 still to be developed !!

Bro, it is Pakistan, how do you think Malik Riaz became a multi billionaire?
Raja Rental made a fortune too.
Look at the PMLN thug Aqeel Khan, he was a school teacher now worth billions.

The biggest corruption field is the land in Pakistan. The land you see most of it is already sold, the alligators are holding it waiting for the right time to get the highest prices. (bigsmile)

surfer

I would like to know two things..

1) What our PMLN friends on this forum think of the budget? The usual suspects are all absent from this thread.

2) Are we getting the bullet train or not? (bigsmile)

crankthskunk

I can disclose one gimmick by Nawazoo directly.

It is announced that the PM expenses are been slashed. Austerity i.e. "Bachat" started by Prime Minister. Is it true? (bigsmile)

Nope. Nawazoo is up to his usual trick.

We have another news on the forum, where it says that PM and CM secretariat name is changed to offices.
Everyone was asking what is the reason?

Let me explain, the two are linked. What Sharifs have done is that the recycle the expenses, by declaring them as offices, they have taken certain sectors out of the secretariat functions and given it to other departments.
So there would be no actual reduction in expenses. Some expenses are transferred to other offices and heads, because those are taken out of the new offices.

Noora is fooling the nation yet again.
:lol::lol:

crankthskunk

FIGURES ON PAKISTANI GOVERNMENT's LOSS IN WAR ON TERROR

Did anyone notice the speech of Dar didn't mentioned anything on the losses suffered due to the on going war on terror.

The news is the Americans meet the PMLN leadership and requested it to be left out from the Budget and Economic survey.

It is estimated that the losses stand are now $100 billion, but no mention in the economic survey of the figure.

I can disclose one gimmick by Nawazoo directly.

It is announced that the PM expenses are been slashed. Austerity i.e. "Bachat" started by Prime Minister. Is it true? (bigsmile)

Nope. Nawazoo is up to his usual trick.

We have another news on the forum, where it says that PM and CM secretariat name is changed to offices.
Everyone was asking what is the reason?

Let me explain, the two are linked. What Sharifs have done is that the recycle the expenses, by declaring them as offices, they have taken certain sectors out of the secretariat functions and given it to other departments.
So there would be no actual reduction in expenses. Some expenses are transferred to other offices and heads, because those are taken out of the new offices.

Noora is fooling the nation yet again.
:lol::lol:

Interesting news:

On Dunya with malik..... in good mood by laughing Asad Umar asked Malik to check that if there is any company behind the tax exemption on hybrids cars.........

Bani Adam

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: FIGURES ON PAKISTANI GOVERNMENT's LOSS IN WAR ON TERROR

They owe this to their benefactors.... what else can one expect...

btw, Pakistan has not reported officially the cost of WOT after the Economic Survey of 2010-11 when they first reported it to the tune of $68 billion and had to face criticism of the US Embassy...

It's up to PTI/the opposition now to demand answers from Dar. It's not that the opportunity cost/losses of WOT can't be estimated; so Dar's argument that the number was not well-substantiated doesn't sound very plausible... after all, the economists have been doing so since 2010 (or perhaps before)... someone should tell Dar that it's "economic estimate" not a chartered accountant's company statement!

crankthskunk

THE END USERS ARE HIT BY THE NEW BUDGET: THE COMMON MAN's VOWS

A summary of the increases in prices for the common man of Pakistan in the new budget.

1- Increase in the price of dried milk.

2- Increase in the price of Sugar, tax on sugar is increased.

3- Increase in the price of cooking oil, tax increased.

4- Prices of Cigarettes, Pan and Guttka increased, sales tax introduced/increased.

5- Increase in the price of Tea.

6- Even the spices would see a price hike, tax increased.

7- Increase in the tax of the lower thrash hold salaried person. Between Most earning over Rs 100,000 a month would be paying more in comparison, but those earning over Rs 500,000 would be slightly worse off.

Can you show any increases for the well off and businesses who pay no taxes at all?

My advice to poor Pakistanis, they should travel on motor ways, even though they don't have the cars.
It is another thing most of the motorways are not actually built by Sharifs.

Soon bullet train would be available for your enjoyment.

As for eating, I suggest stones would be a good start, we can only improve after that.
And if you were able to educate your children despite having anything to eat, without proper education, schools, no food etc, then your child would get Rs 10,000 a month provided he is able to achieve Masters before he is 25 years old. But even if he pass it when he is 24 years 10 months it still would be worth it.

Last edited:
Re: THE END USERS ARE HIT BY THE NEW BUDGET: THE COMMON MAN's VOWS

پاکستانی اپنے دانت تیز کر لیں اگر روٹی نہ ملی تو موٹروے، میٹرو بس اور بلٹ ٹرین چھبا لیں۔۔۔
نہ تنخواہ میں اضافہ نہ امیروں پر ٹیکس کیا خون چوسنے والی حکومت اہی ہے۔۔۔

sysman8

Councller (250+ posts)

Hum ne thori kaha tha punjab walon ko ke nawaz league ko vote do...punjabi bolne walon ko bara shok tha punjabi leader lane ka....ab bhugto (clap)

ihsangillani

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Danday to kaah liye Noon k aaty hi,,,,,
ab pathar bhi kaah ly gy..... boht jald

210akash

Senator (1k+ posts)
Hum najwano ko phir se wohi lollipop de diya gaya. bas us mai ab qarze ka azfa kar diya gaya. Hame pakistan mai aase adare chaye jo hamare liye jobs ke mawake bana sake , koi ek aasa project nai lagya gaya. is he liye Hum Imran khan ka sath date hai ke wo waki he mai agli nasal ke liye kush kar sake. Ab hum yaha se teleem hasil kar ke dosre mulko mai he jaye ge na. " Naye paksitan ke bagir hamara koi kahwab poora nai ho ga.

430046_384450531656858_964234849_n.jpg

remykhan

Re: FIGURES ON PAKISTANI GOVERNMENT's LOSS IN WAR ON TERROR

Dar, must disclose the losses due to unwarranted war.

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
Budget of the rich, for the rich and by the rich.

This is a budget of the rich, for the rich and by the rich. I do not see anything extraordinary in this budget that would improve living standard of abjectly poor and create jobs. The government has increased sale tax that will rise inflation many folds and its' burden will fall on the poor and they will suffer more than the rich.

The finance minister has taken some bold measures to improve economy; reduce fiscal deficit and circular debts but did not increase basic rate of indirect taxation for the rich and super rich. He did not mention what measures he intends to take to stop tax avoidance and tax evasion and improve revenue receipts that cost billions of rupees to the exchequer. He did not take any measures to increase inheritance tax for the rich and capital gains tax on sale of assets. In fact, the rich and super rich will still prosper whilst the poor man will remain at the bottom of the pile.

There was no mention about improving health and medical services for the poor and increasing number of doctors and nurses, building more hospitals in the country. There was hardly any measures to improve run education system, reconstruct and refurbish dilapidated schools, broken class rooms and colleges and increase teachers shortages. The list goes on.

Hazik

MPA (400+ posts)

Salary wale logon pe to drone gira dia hy, kafi log to sate me agae hn wake me.........atleast raise of 13% is there right as per indication of inflation............Not fair

maksyed

Siasat.pk - Blogger
no increase is Tax net why???? can any noora supporter explain this?????
No Noora supporter could explain it ...... cz their upper chambers are empty to understand it ...... they will always praise kojcaks just to "HALAL" their "Lifaafa or Dayhari" ;)

maksyed

Siasat.pk - Blogger
best part of Budget 2013-14.. :P
Government is planning to impose Tax on International Drama serials and movies...

Per Episode Tax will be Rs 100,000
Tax on International Movie will be 1,000,000
Thank God Is Ajeeb se dubbing wali cheezon sy jan chutt jaye ge...
(bigsmile)

ShakeelAhmed

Councller (250+ posts)
***** is budget par jis ma bahir se paise mulk ma lanay ki koi policy nahi aur na tax ka izaam sahi karnay ki baat bas tax bhara dya lakin tax ka nizam durust nahi kar saktay ya jahil loog aur kam ee kam ujrat 15000 boli thi nawaz shareef ne ab kya hawa nikal gae