BUDGET DISCUSSION, FIGURES, POLICIES AND COMMENTs

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dar is off the podium after delivering his budget speech.

The points,
1- Pension increased from Rs3000 to Rs5000.
2- Sales tax increased from 16% to 17%.
3- Sales tax exemption on dried milk is withdrawn, meaning the milk would be taxed at 17%.
4- Youth training would start, under 25 Master's degree holders would be paid Rsa10000.
5- Loans without mark up to be issued to young, 50% quota for women.

Everything meaning the budget deficit would be increasing and burden on the common man increasing.

942845_501838459887332_544263895_n.jpg

Last edited:

crankthskunk

Dar budged the issue of Agricultural tax and thrown the ball in the court of Provincial government.

The target to keep the inflation at 10%.
Spent spent spent spent, without increasing your income, close your eyes and think you would be ok.:lol::lol:

1600 Trillion deficit. And we are spending more.
Electricity prices increased by 74P.

Last edited:

yasirmaliq

Senator (1k+ posts)
What is there to discuss? All gimmicks as usual Dar has been unable to come up with a solid budget that would include clear cut tax reforms. ALLAH ke hukam se Insha'ALLAH Asad Umar tabeeat saaf karega inki. Wait for two days and PTI will come up with what could have been done with 35 Kharab and 19 Crore. Does PMLN know anything else to do except coming up with more laptops(A Clue: No).

Last edited:

<ChOuDhArY>

You forgot to mention the Lollipop scheme this time which is:

It might be a good project but can a country like Pakistan afford this where trains are not working in bigger cities

6-12-2013_149431_1.gif

crankthskunk

You forgot to mention the Lollipop scheme this time which is:

It might be a good project but can a country like Pakistan afford this where trains are not working in bigger cities

6-12-2013_149431_1.gif

This is bull, he cannot afford to pay for it.
I have already commented yesterday, what he is going to do.
It is once again indirect taxes on the poor.
No increase in the tax net.
All the tough decisions are avoided.
Pakistan can never come out of the problems it faces, unless it makes the tough decision right now.

This is disaster, which I knew and predicted in my post yesterday.

Pak1stani

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Tax reduction on Hybrid car is good step.

But I am disappointed that Govt. once again shied away from imposing agriculture income tax.

@crankthskunk

16 trillion deficit budget r u sure????

if this number is true get ready for the worst inflation crisis in Pakistan....

So there is no tax reform has i was expecting all the burden is on indirect taxes which will effect poors ...... and funny thing is that they are expeting with this kind of budget inflation rate of 10%......
:lol:

crankthskunk

He has budged the issue of increasing the tax net, as we know he would. How can the Nooners touch their friends.

The 1% increase in sales tax with 13% inflation means that the prices would be increased anything between 5% to 10% in coming days. Disaster for the country.

Dar has set a target of over 2500 billions tax collection for the FBR. It represents 26% increase on year to year basis.
Without increase in the income tax net, it is neigh impossible to achieve, I can predict right now.

The prices would increase but there would be no increase in the receipt of sales tax, because the traders never pay the tax anyway. Doesn't matter what percentage is applied. But they would surely increase the prices for the consumers.

No tough decision to increase of tax on stock market and Agricultural TAX and they have thrown Agriculture Tax on provinces which don't even have proper income tax office and staff like FBR......

crankthskunk

@crankthskunk

16 trillion deficit budget r u sure????

if this number is true get ready for the worst inflation crisis in Pakistan....

So there is no tax reform has i was expecting all the burden is on indirect taxes which will effect poors ...... and funny thing is that they are expeting with this kind of budget inflation rate of 10%......
:lol:

you better believe, it is true.(bigsmile)

<ChOuDhArY>

with these figures I am 100% sure that within few months the same Munshi of Ittefaq foundry will come up with a mini budget and perhaps we will receive regular mini budgets !!

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
I object on sales Tax 17 %.....it is max in the world I think...

It was max in Canada before and it is 13% now , they reduced it....

How Pakistani could afford it....

It is criminal activity actually. and it should not be more than 7 % in Pakistan....

He has budged the issue of increasing the tax net, as we know he would. How can the Nooners touch their friends.

The 1% increase in sales tax with 13% inflation means that the prices would be increased anything between 5% to 10% in coming days. Disaster for the country.

Dar has set a target of over 2500 billions tax collection for the FBR. It represents 26% increase on year to year basis.
Without increase in the income tax net, it is neigh impossible to achieve, I can predict right now.

The prices would increase but there would be no increase in the receipt of sales tax, because the traders never pay the tax anyway. Doesn't matter what percentage is applied. But they would surely increase the prices for the consumers.

This is called Daydreaming......[hilar] apni chaddar itni pahloo k phat na jai or inhoon na chaddar liro lihir kardi hai......:P

UKPakistani

All I see is free money flooding the market without anything productive or solid for it in return.

Loans grants pensions, laptops bullet trains and massive projects which will never get completed

16 Trillion !!!!

It means hyper inflation is around the corner

Watch for the Rupee to start falling. Rs200 to the by the end of the year............

When I came to the UK it was less than 4 rupees to one ..............

How long before the IMF ad Word Bank turn the screw...... and insist on adjustments before they lend anymore.

Where is all this going......................

Did he mention anything about the Electric Crises or Gas ............. or the price of fuel............

Is that Benazir Scheme business still going ?

With this budget i think rupee will decrease its value with speed of bullet train...... :P They are showing gardens with no money in pocket..... khazana khali hai.....[hilar][hilar][hilar]