Brit faces prison after argument with Pakistani in Dubai

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
A BRITON could be jailed for ten years in Dubai after being accused of calling the prophet Mohammed a "terrorist".
Businessman Andrew Graham, 40, had an argument with a Pakistani shopkeeper, who told police he had abused the Muslim faith's most revered figure.
Mr Graham insists he had merely been discussing the Taliban with the trader and fiercely denies his allegations.
But yesterday he appeared at Dubai's Misdemeanours Court to be accused of insulting Islam. It is a serious charge in the strict Islamic state, carrying a maximum penalty of ten years' jail.
The 21-year-old shopkeeper, who works in an electronics store in Dubai's Emirates Mall, claimed Mr Graham told him Pakistani Muslims were murderers.
The trader, who was not identified, said that when he told Mr Graham Muslims were peaceloving, the Briton retorted that he was crazy and Mohammed was a terrorist.
Mr Graham, an expat living in Qatar, told the court: "When I understood from his responses he was a supporter of the Taliban, I told him he was crazy because they were terrorists.
"I did not say anything bad about Muslims or the prophet."
He was granted bail prior to a trial scheduled for June 9.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-prophet-Brit-faces-prison.html#ixzz1Mjad27v6

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Feel sorry for the Brit. It happen's in Muslim countries only

Yes, thank God it happens in MUSLIM countries. By the way...this briton migrated to a MUSLIM country because that Muslim country (Qatar) offered him more opportunities that that pathetic cold island (England) which I understand many of you people on this site would die to reach...

desh1857

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Yes, thank God it happens in MUSLIM countries. By the way...this briton migrated to a MUSLIM country because that Muslim country (Qatar) offered him more opportunities that that pathetic cold island (England) which I understand many of you people on this site would die to reach...

Half of Pakistan is migrated to these western countries U should better know there r better opportunities then Muslim countries
That is main reason u r country men r living legally or illegally in there countries .

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Half of Pakistan is migrated to these western countries U should better know there r better opportunities then Muslim countries
That is main reason u r country men r living legally or illegally in there countries .

Pakistan = 180 million people....half of 180 million = 90 million...so you are trying to say 90 millionn people are migrants?

Go and count the number of Britons in Saudi Arabia, Qatar and UAE....there are over 200,000 british migrants to these Muslim countries. The reason? Better opportunities than what their own conutries could give them. I bet you are also one of those turncoats...what are you doing on a Pakistani site anyways?