Ashoka the Great : Why we are not taught our own History in Pakistan?

2hopeful

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Well hindus are not our heroes muslims are.
He came and gone nearly 1000 yrs before Islam arrived on Indian subcontinent therefore he had no chance of becoming a Muslim. I would have thought heroes belong to land of their birth & work. Not all of us have ancestors who came from Arabia. Religion countries civilisations have disappeared but land remained. Inca in South America, Muslim Spain in Europe is example and work in progress is Palestine being replaced by Israel In our front of our lives.

JBA1234234

MPA (400+ posts)
He came and gone nearly 1000 yrs before Islam arrived on Indian subcontinent therefore he had no chance of becoming a Muslim. I would have thought heroes belong to land of their birth & work. Not all of us have ancestors who came from Arabia. Religion countries civilisations have disappeared but land remained. Inca in South America, Muslim Spain in Europe is example and work in progress is Palestine being replaced by Israel In our front of our lives.
Whoever he was nobody gvz a shit about him.

Green Inside

Senator (1k+ posts)
What is Global level ?

He is Known and respected by half of the world and had left his influence over Half of the Humanity of this World--- Sub-continent, China , Mongolia , Japan and South East Asia

No king in this world has influenced such a big number of People in World History nor Alexander nor Cyrus

It seems that you see this world with European prism --- believe me soon when the story of this King will reach Europe they will too surrender to the legacy of Ashoka
China , Mongolia , Japan and South East Asia were his neighboring countries of mauria empire before ashoka . what else ? he never stepped foot out of subcontinent . he got a huge empire from his ancestors, biggest thing he did was butcher the state of kalinga which was almost 1/20 th in size / population as compared to Mauryan empire (you can see it in east in map) .
Maurya empire before ashoka:
chandragupta-maurya-empire.gif

Maurya empire after shoka:
mauryan-empire-map.gif

no significant difference.

Green Inside

Senator (1k+ posts)
Who cares what was his religion --- He was simply greatest King ever born on Earth and we the people of Indo-Pak should be proud of him from being of our culture & ethnicity
how come he was of same culture and ethnicity ? he was born somewhere in patna bihar . i was born in punjab, i eat beef and i dont think so he ever ate meat and we dont even have same religion . why would i have sympathy with some bihari kallo mattarwa.

stoic

Minister (2k+ posts)
What is Global level ?

He is Known and respected by half of the world and had left his influence over Half of the Humanity of this World--- Sub-continent, China , Mongolia , Japan and South East Asia

No king in this world has influenced such a big number of People in World History nor Alexander nor Cyrus

It seems that you see this world with European prism --- believe me soon when the story of this King will reach Europe they will too surrender to the legacy of Ashoka
joke of the day

Moin123

Citizen
one ruler is also mansioned in Quran i think Zulqarnain? He was greater then Asoka thats why Allah mansioned him.
No dear....Only Allah knows who was greater..... there may be other greater kings ruled the world Allah did not mentioned all in Quran. Allah mentioned Zulqarnain in Quran because the Jews questioned the holy prophet about him. Another reason may be that Zulqarnain is related to one future event i.e. rise of Yajooj & Majooj

RAW AGENT

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
well, before the Asoka movie came out, no one outside india (and some in india) had never heard of Asoka.
And after the movie came out, people wished they had never heard of Asoka lol
you are a blessed pakistani who came to know ashoka by movie .
you must see movie about buddha and takshashila

Liberal 000

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
how come he was of same culture and ethnicity ? he was born somewhere in patna bihar . i was born in punjab, i eat beef and i dont think so he ever ate meat and we dont even have same religion . why would i have sympathy with some bihari kallo mattarwa.

People of Punjab and Bihar are of same ethnicity and of same language --- Later of Hindvi language got divided into Punjab and Hindi?Urdu now spoken in Bihar