Are we a confused Nation?

hawkseye

Voter (50+ posts)
Assalaam-u-Alaikum all,
I read a little while ago that US has injective $$ in Pakistani media (for their propaganda), now after PN Mehran attack whenever I see debates on TV I see mostly aggressive and devastated panel guests criticizing Pak forces. To me they are changing mind sets of Pakistani public (or at least trying to change) to anti Pakistan forces. I am not pro Army or armed forces person, they should be punished accordingly but I feel our political leaders are playing dual game here, firstly they are shifting criticism from them to Pak forces and secondly they are leveling their score with Pak forces (for what politicians have faced through their hands for last 40 years or so).

My point is here is a triangle Politicians, Pak forces and People of Pakistan. Have you thought that in this debate that, who is worse, politicians or Pak Forces who is the sufferer....??? People of Pakistan. Bhaii why are we beggars and pan handlers in the world right now because of both of them so please my suggestion is while criticizing Pak forces we shouldn't forget our corrupt political elite too.

If Nation stood now and get rid of corrupt politicians and penalize the responsible for lapses in Pak forces defenses then we could be a successful nation otherwise we will be confused by the web created by our media.

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
:welcome:

Get ready for attack from moles:chilli: and pseudo-intellectuals :crazy:, you have initiated a 'Taboo' thread

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
Assalaam-u-Alaikum all,

If Nation stood now and get rid of corrupt politicians and penalize the responsible for lapses in Pak forces defenses then we could be a successful nation otherwise we will be confused by the web created by our media.

Question is : How this web can be broken? and by whom this can be broken? who will do accountability when all are corrupt. ?

PkRevolution

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
There is no confusion anymore. I am not Pakistan Army fan but i don't hate them. There are many things need to be transparent and reformed. One thing is for sure, In this critical time we will not leave Army and Pakistan Forces alone. What ever Media propagate, ISI and Pakistan Army go ahead. Your enemies are very much worried of you.

Destroy CIA, RAW and Mosad. After achieving this aim, we will ask you few questions.

khawaja86

Banned
yes apart from military establishment we should penalize politicians too, but then question arises that who creates political alliances and parts? its off course our honorable establishment, and if u think they are doing wrong and raise ur voice then either u r promoting 'foreign agenda' or being tortured, so dont say anything against them they are above law and have every right to make and decide our fate and accept that whether its bad or worse

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
Its gone way passed confusion.

It may be true at this stage, but let me tell you that it is just a matter of time, as soon as US moves its wounded aass from Afghanistan, I think ISI is going to serve India with 3 course spicy meal, first starter, then the meal and finally sweet to sooth India's burning taste buds.
:133::banana:

khawaja86

Banned
navel chief said that terrorists were highly trained so i reckon that pakistan could make a new army of talibans, as this army is busy in businesses and politics, they can improve the economic situation in country as they currently running and expanding many businesses across the country by grabbing lands of pakistan allocated for defense purposes and for politics they r famous in making new parties and alliances

Unicorn

Banned

Just like India is not confused about their secularism
They are gone way past Hindu Extremism when RSS Savek Sanghs are in full control

You are right there is no confusion about secularism state does not have anything to do with religion, I present our prime minister Manmohan Singh (Sikh) as an evidence.

Hindu Extremists only pose a threat to India, they are not blowing up anyone in Pakistan or anyone ells in the world.

GeoG

You are right there is no confusion about secularism state does not have anything to do with religion, I present our prime minister Manmohan Singh (Sikh) as an evidence.

Hindu Extremists only pose a threat to India, they are not blowing up anyone in Pakistan or anyone ells in the world.

Sonia Gandhi did not find any better Yes Man than YesManMohan, nothing to do with his Sikh religion.
It was her mother in law who sent troops inside Golden Temple, so your logic goes down the drain.

If we would have been sitting on your land, you would not be able to say that, Hindu would be blowing themselves up in Pakistan
As you are sitting on our land, so we see the extremists elements targeting you.

Unicorn

Banned

Sonia Gandhi did not find any better Yes Man than YesManMohan, nothing to do with his Sikh religion.
It was her mother in law who sent troops inside Golden Temple, so your logic goes down the drain.

If we would have been sitting on your land, you would not be able to say that, Hindu would be blowing themselves up in Pakistan
As you are sitting on our land, so we see the extremists elements targeting you.

Army should have sent to Amritsar to flush out terrorist much sooner. Mr. Manmohan Singh was in the congress at the time of operation.

simple_and_peacefull

no dear we are not confused nation we are greedy people. i don't say everyone but most of us are. we don't want leave our lavish life which push us to do anything for extra money. very less people think about others. its same for our leaders. once they stop thinking for them self then we will be best nation on this earth.

GeoG

Army should have sent to Amritsar to flush out terrorist much sooner. Mr. Manmohan Singh was in the congress at the time of operation.

Think before you write
You are advocating using Army against Religious Uprising and continue to Claim Secularism at the same time...

Unicorn

Banned

Think before you write
You are advocating using Army against Religious Uprising and continue to Claim Secularism at the same time...

I am talking about coward terrorists using a religious place as a sanctuary and engage in act of murders let there be a message for the terrorists that there is no safe place for them.

The situation is a little different in Pakistan where the terrorists were invited to safe training grounds and are still protected.

GeoG

I am talking about coward terrorists using a religious place as a sanctuary and engage in act of murders let there be a message for the terrorists that there is no safe place for them.

The situation is a little different in Pakistan where the terrorists were invited to safe training grounds and are still protected.

We are debating about Secularism and treatment of various religion in secularism
Why could you not flush out Bhindrawala and ask your courts to Punish him, this is what would be expected of Secular State, not run a Full Army Operation on a Religious Shrine, We did the same in Lal Masjid but you don't regard us as Secular state so no debate on it, lets resolve Golden Temple first...

Unicorn

Banned

We are debating about Secularism and treatment of various religion in secularism
Why could you not flush out Bhindrawala and ask your courts to Punish him, this is what would be expected of Secular State, not run a Full Army Operation on a Religious Shrine, We did the same in Lal Masjid but you don't regard us as Secular state so no debate on it, lets resolve Golden Temple first...

Secularism only means that the state will treat all citizens equally and religion will not play any part in a relationship between a state and citizen thats all. It is the duty of every citizen to up hold this tenant.

If the people in the state are discriminatory you can not blame the state its the people who make up the State.

Conflict with Bhindranwala started as a political alliance with the congress party and ended in a political conflict. How do you flush out armed people alive and take them to court?

GeoG

Secularism only means that the state will treat all citizens equally and religion will not play any part in a relationship between a state and citizen thats all. It is the duty of every citizen to up hold this tenant.

If the people in the state are discriminatory you can not blame the state its the people who make up the State.

Conflict with Bhindranwala started as a political alliance with the congress party and ended in a political conflict. How do you flush out armed people alive and take them to court?

That probably is the narrowest definition of secularism. It includes respect for all religion and avoid use of excessive force.
Do you think this kind of force would have been used in a Mandar, surely not.

There is not much difference in approach between Bhindranwala and Sri Lankan uprising,
You killed Bindranwala but mourned killing of a Hindu separatist in Sri Lanka,
Your Secularism applies to minorities but not Hindus, I am sure you will agree with that..