Amendment in siasat.pk policy to control Quality of Forum

A

abbasiali

Dear honorable and highly regarded forum members,

We have amend siasat.pk policy in order to control the quality of forum, as we have noticed, lots of members who have joined forum, and poured a lot of lengthy cut and paste threads, which have create no space except occupying space on home page, where our core information about sisai video got removed and our regular members found no clue, how to locate their required video and that results their migarations towards other competators website, we don't want to discourage our ameatures and on the contrary, we don't want to loose our traffic as well.

In order to avoid above mentioned situation, we have create a queue for thread approvals and those members who are creating a lot of threads, their ID will be add to that queue, and once moderator available will look into the thread and will find it reasonable to post will approve, otherwise that thread will be deleted.

I personally appreciate in behalf of sisat.pk team to all of yours contributions and I am sure those who are excessive in creating threads or creating abusive thread or replies will not be surprised, if they will not see their threads and replies immediately.

My apologies in advance if this thread cause any of you any inconvenience.

Regards.

Team

Admin
Adeel
Abbasiali
Foqia Khan
Commander

G

this is the opposite the freedom of speach , and no one have write to contrrol our feelings and what we want to say, how you can be incharge of what is meaningless or not , evry one have diffrent mind and thoughts, may be some one find some thing intresting and you think its not suit for u , so i dont think so its fair,
i m totly agree if some one use bad languge or abusive behavior then you have right to remove post or ban after warning , but if u want to contrrol like this i think this is not realy place for me so after this thread i will write one last for to say goodbye to all members and hope fully u let me post last one
thanks all of you for ur good time with me ,
pakipowerboy

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Never too late, Abbasi Sahib,

I would also like to suggest to limit the length of responses as well. Once a thread is created, you should only allow members own responses not what the whole world has said about it. If someone wants to create a link, you should allow the link, not download of 20 pages with pictures.

If the reader finds the response intersting, he can go on the link, like you can play the youtube, awaz, etc from within the resonse but copy pasting a very long standard pre saved response in every thread makes it uninteresting, even though the subject is good.

Secondly I would like to suggest to show the warning level with the name of the member and a warning should be spent in two months. Like, if I have written some rude words, any moderator on the forum can issue me a warning, appealable to the senior most moderator. But that warning should be removed after 60 days.
For example if I was issued a warning in Jan, one in Feb so on 27th Feb, my warning level would be 2 but on 28th Feb, it should go to level 1 as my first warning is waived after two months. Anyone with 3 warning should be suspended for 2 weeks and anyone with 3 suspension should banned permanently.

This will create long term following of the forum and my response score will be 3456 :lol: .

Finally I must congratulate you for this addictive forum.

There are couple of other suggestions but this would make response too long and I risk of diluting the weight of my suggestion.

Kind Regards.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
Dear honorable and highly regarded forum members,

We have amend siasat.pk policy in order to control the quality of forum, as we have noticed, lots of members who have joined forum, and poured a lot of lengthy cut and paste threads, which have create no space except occupying space on home page, I did not get it....

where our core information about sisai video got removed and our regular members found no clue, how to locate their required video and that results their migarations towards other competators website, we don't want to discourage our ameatures and on the contrary, we don't want to loose our traffic as well.

In order to avoid above mentioned situation, we have create a queue for thread approvals and those members who are creating a lot of threads,

their ID will be add to that queue, and once moderator available will look into the thread and will find it reasonable to post will approve, Not a very smart idea. You will create a bottleneck, a worst problem, and it could adversely affect your site cuasing delays in posting unless you have some one constantly and 24/7 reading each and every post.

otherwise that thread will be deleted.

I personally appreciate in behalf of sisat.pk team to all of yours contributions and I am sure those who are excessive in creating threads or creating abusive thread or replies will not be surprised, if they will not see their threads and replies immediately. :(

My apologies in advance if this thread cause any of you any inconvenience.

Regards.

Team

Admin
Adeel
Abbasiali
Foqia Khan
Commander

yeh siasat ka dhaga bara kachha hota hai, sanbhal key chalna, kaheen toot hi na jaye :lol: :lol:

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am not exactly clear from reading your post as to what caused a change in the policy. If space is the problem then you could reduce the # of characters allowed, but to aprove the content of the post other than the checking for abusive language is not within the ambit of freedom of speech or purpose of the siasy discussions.
you have right to change the policy I respect and understand that the forum should also understand the needs of its members. I have enjoyed it so far and hope to continue to do so.

gazoomartian

sobia403 said:
I am not exactly clear from reading your post as to what caused a change in the policy. If space is the problem then you could reduce the # of characters allowed, but to aprove the content of the post other than the checking for abusive language is not within the ambit of freedom of speech or purpose of the siasy discussions.
you have right to change the policy I respect and understand that the forum should also understand the needs of its members. I have enjoyed it so far and hope to continue to do so.

well said sister

MPA (400+ posts)
agreed with pakipowerboy & sis sobia403, this is not the way 2 tackle the problom...
mismanagement its all about mismanagement,,, if u r gud in IT it doesn't mean u ev a gud political sense aswl....
& am 100% sure i would b the first victim of the new policy.... am already facin hard time here, smbdy (from modrators) merges my posts with my older post without judging either they r relevant or not..... the new policy would make things worse..
not fair at all

longliveIK

MPA (400+ posts)
wowwwww what a new policy ,i think ur new policy has not seen accepted with much more pleasure.i,m 100% agree with sis,Sobia403 u should reduce the # of characters allowed.Diminution is better then insult the user.this is not a policy this is a hypothetical story.Legislation should be shown on submitted page.i think u just want to control infinite posts.u can but this is not reasonable way.
okkk nobody can do any thing else without objection.this is ur forum u can do what ever u want.....
Abbasibahi u r very wise person & personally i,m very impressed by u. so i don,t want to say any thing else. :| :|

heyguy

Citizen
786best786 said:
wowwwww what a new policy ,i think ur new policy has not seen accepted with much more pleasure.i,m 100% agree with sis,Sobia403 u should reduce the # of characters allowed.Diminution is better then insult the user.this is not a policy this is a hypothetical story.Legislation should be shown on submitted page.i think u just want to control infinite posts.u can but this is not reasonable way.
okkk nobody can do any thing else without objection.this is ur forum u can do what ever u want.....
Abbasibahi u r very wise person & personally i,m very impressed by u. so i don,t want to say any thing else. :| :|
I also agree with 786Best bhai k aap log kuch aur hal dhoond sakte hain magar is tarah tu aap authors ki discrimination kar rahe hai.pehle aap approval denge phir post available hogi,which result in long delays and sometimes very inconvenient for a member to express his feeilings. as you notice i never posted any thread bcoz i mostly view submitted threads and present my opinion often.So i think u shud not discourage members from posting but u can tackle this problem by creating a video section for video posts and discussions can go well in other section.I guessed you were mentioning that home page section is stuffed with discussions mostly and video posts may not appear up for new visitors on home page,for that reason u can make video posts as sticky posts which were there even if someone post a new thread.there are many other solutions to this problem but not this one.
So please review your poilcy kindly.
reagrds
Numan

Adeel

Founder
We had to take this decision in order to keep the quality up. Lately most of the threads are copy paste and hardly anyone is interested in them as 90% of them don't even get one reply. We are not a news site but a discussion forum.

C

commander

Dear members, let me explain you about this policy.

There are two objectives of this policy

1. Not to let some members to use abusive/filthy language. This is spreading hatred amongst us. And we are not here to divide our nation.

2. To give our members/visitors quality stuff to read or watch.

We want to encourage our members to comment about some really important political issues instead of making irrelevant threads. You are totally free to express you views, there is no restriction about that. But we will request that your comments must be logical and relevant.

Warm Regards

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
Nice try. But I don't think you guys can continue with this policy. Very hard to watch each and every post.
You want to keep this forum clean? Just use word filters as e.g. "pakpatriot1", "MQM" and "ALtaf Hussain". Your forum will shine. Believe me. ;)

Adeel

Founder
PakPatriot1 said:
Nice try. But I don't think you guys can continue with this policy. Very hard to watch each and every post.
You want to keep this forum clean? Just use word filters as e.g. "pakpatriot1", "MQM" and "ALtaf Hussain". Your forum will shine. Believe me. ;)

There are only a few people on this forum who get abusive and post rubbish. Those are the only people will go through moderators. Everyone else will stay the same.

A

abbasiali

commander said:
Dear members, let me explain you about this policy.

There are two objectives of this policy

1. Not to let some members to use abusive/filthy language. This is spreading hatred amongst us. And we are not here to divide our nation.

2. To give our members/visitors quality stuff to read or watch.

We want to encourage our members to comment about some really important political issues instead of making irrelevant threads. You are totally free to express you views, there is no restriction about that. But we will request that your comments must be logical and relevant.

Warm Regards
Dear loving highly regarded members,

Pakipowerboy
Gazoomartin
Sobia403
786best786
heyguy

and last but not least my darling Pakpatriot1

First of all I would like to thanks all of you, for your valued feed back, which have convince me to back and read the revise policy, first common united feedback I got from all of you, was, length of thread, well my request is to go back and read the exact reason of this action,
Its exactly not the reason which you all of guys have picked, lengthy thread its self a issue, but it does not matter to us,
our main core issue is number of threads which are blocking our "HOME PAGE" You guys are good in this forum, because you guys are so frequent, in case of unavailability of any video or reply or thread, you all know how to access the required one, now imagine the first time visitor, what they will found attractive on our main page? and what will be the interest remain in this forum, if they will found most common issue spoken world wide or Pakistan wide, and that is also cut and paste.

So now I would like to hear from all of you, about my issue. and do write me some solutions in order to satisfy you and all other members.

Regards.

gazoomartian

Abbasi bhai wrote: and last but not least my darling Pakpatriot1

thats so discriminatory of you!!! you never called me no darling for no reason. Now I feel so underprevilegded and lonely ! :o :o hehehehehe

shahqais

Councller (250+ posts)
If issue is just the home page. Redirect the articles to SiasiDiscussion forum and only video posts should show up at SiasiVideos and Home page.It should be easy to do that.

A

abbasiali

shahqais said:
If issue is just the home page. Redirect the articles to SiasiDiscussion forum and only video posts should show up at SiasiVideos and Home page.It should be easy to do that.
Dear Adeel,

I feel this could work out, this seems to be a practical option, if you could work out.

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
gazoomartian said:

thats so discriminatory of you!!! you never called me no darling for no reason. Now I feel so underprevilegded and lonely ! :o :o hehehehehe

@Sir gazoomartian

There are few commons between me and Abbasi:
Both of us are in our late 40's.
Both of us belong to Karachi and now in Canada.
Both of us share many common thoughts about Pakistan and international politics.

There are few uncommons also:
He says the glass is half filled, I say the glass is half empty.
He is optimistic about Imran Khan, I am not.
He is rightfully a critic to MQM and I am proudly hard line supporter of MQM.

BUT WE ARE PERSONAL FRIENDS TO EACH OTHER.

Do you like to join our Senior's Club and want to become our darling?
Thanks

gazoomartian

PakPatriot1 said:
gazoomartian said:

@Sir gazoomartian

There are few commons between me and Abbasi:
Both of us are in our late 40's.
Both of us belong to Karachi and now in Canada.
Both of us share many common thoughts about Pakistan and international politics.

There are few uncommons also:
He says the glass is half filled, I say the glass is half empty.
He is optimistic about Imran Khan, I am not.
He is rightfully a critic to MQM and I am proudly hard line supporter of MQM.

BUT WE ARE PERSONAL FRIENDS TO EACH OTHER.

Do you like to join our Senior's Club and want to become our darling?
Thanks

:lol: :lol:

nahee ji, yeh chooha be dum hi bhala.

I am 58 and not readyto join the senior club yet. Even tho its tempting to receive discounts all over
:)