A Letter to Farooq Bhai By a Concern Citizen of Karachi

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
[FONT=&quot]My Dear Farooq Bhai,[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The entire Karachi has been closed to observe the death of a political leader and ex-Member of Assembly. It is indeed sad. However, I shall be most grateful to ask Dr. Farooq Sattar what purpose the peaceful strike / shutter down of the entire Karachi market will serve for highlighting the agony of the grieved family and at the same time what laurels it will bring to the most dominant political party of Karachi MQM. [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Does our popular (so-called, if I may say so) leader have any idea that one push cart poor Pakistani hires a push cart for Rs. 20/- or 30/- per day. After haggling by the buyers coming out of super air-conditioned deluxe cars finally is able to sell 70% of his fruits and vegetables by the midnight. This helpless citizen of this Islamic Republic of Pakistan which is a nuclear power pushes his hand driven cart for 3-4 kilometers before reaching his site where he has booked a space for standing to sell his products after paying a bhatta to probably a policeman, another government organization and possibly a worker of the political party. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]After going through this agony and standing for nearly 12 hours in 40+ temperature this proud and poor of the poorest earns nearly Rs. 200/- to Rs. 250/- with which he goes and feds a family of 4 or 5 members.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]For God's sake, for the sake of elders including our close relatives, friends and parents who have passed away, can we do something that there should be unanimous decision by everyone to whom this communication reaches that starting from 2nd of May onwards we should abandon the so-callled strikes, dharnas, jaloos, etc. and resort to peaceful means of expressing our displeasure through civilized manners. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]For your kind perusal, I invite your attention to the day long coverage of the marriage of the Prince in UK, last Friday. I was astonished that the entire area which was closed for other vehicles was hardly 2-3 square meters. One could see the London buses and cabs running freely just a kilometer away from where the major procession started. More than a million Englishman stood in grace and dignity to watch the entire proceedings without even a small disturbance anywhere whatsoever. Will this event can be revisited and we Pakistani's can learn some lessons how to become civilized in our personal and official behavior. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]At the age of 62, I am a very sad person that whatever bankrupted Pakistan, gifted by Almighty through a great visionary Quaid Mohammad Ali Jinnah to my parents, I am not leaving the same beautiful country in a better shape in any area for my grandchildren.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sharing profound grief and sadness with you on the sad demise of your worker,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name Withheld
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Received an e-mail from a friend. I thought I should share this with my friends @ siasat.pk.
[/FONT]