عمرانیو یہ فرخ سلیم گالاں کڈن جوگا ہویا جے

Kavalier

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Not at all. The petrol price in Mumbai today is 97.55 Indian rupees. One Indian rupee is equal to 2.155 Pak rupee which means the petrol price in Mumbai is 97.55 X 2.155 = 210 Pak rupees.

Again the same :(
Lowest income of an Indian worker is around 35, 000 INR and petrol per litre is about 100 INR. Whereas, the lowest income is Pakistan is 17, 000 PKR and petrol price is around 115 PKR. Now do the mathematics, as per income, petrol should have been around 200 INR to match the prices in Pakistan, or you can say that the price is half the price as per Pakistani economy, which would be around 65-70 PKR.

Shahid Abassi

Again the same :(
Lowest income of an Indian worker is around 35, 000 INR and petrol per litre is about 100 INR. Whereas, the lowest income is Pakistan is 17, 000 PKR and petrol price is around 115 PKR. Now do the mathematics, as per income, petrol should have been around 200 INR to match the prices in Pakistan, or you can say that the price is half the price as per Pakistani economy, which would be around 65-70 PKR.
Kavalier, falsely trying to be smarter.
(1) Farukh Saleem compared prices by quoting some incorrect prices. He did not say anything about the purchasing power of those countries.
(2) Secondly, if we compare prices based on purchasing power and expect us to have the same as in other countries then all countries would be equally rich or poor. That's not possible and no one would ever discuss them this way. Going by your method, the petrol prices then should be 30 rupees in Afghanistan (while they buy it for 80 rupees a litre). How is that possible?
(3) Even if you compare Indian petrol price with Pakistani, our prices are cheaper even if compared to purchasing power.
You don't calculate it on the lowest incomes. ( India's lowest-income is not 35000. Its average income of a salaried man is said to be 32800 which is also not true actually. There are millions in India who live below a dollar a day.)
When you compare purchasing power parity, you take PPP- purchasing power per capita income of both countries in your calculations. India's PPP is 6283 USD and Pakistan's PPP is 5160 USD. Now calculating petrol prices on PPP, India's petrol price is 172.50 compared to Pakistan's 110.
(I am not sure about Pakistan's price as I live abroad)
PS. for your information, the lowest salary in India is about 4500 INR.

Kavalier

Kavalier, falsely trying to be smarter.
(1) Farukh Saleem compared prices by quoting some incorrect prices. He did not say anything about the purchasing power of those countries.
(2) Secondly, if we compare prices based on purchasing power and expect us to have the same as in other countries then all countries would be equally rich or poor. That's not possible and no one would ever discuss them this way. Going by your method, the petrol prices then should be 30 rupees in Afghanistan (while they buy it for 80 rupees a litre). How is that possible?
(3) Even if you compare Indian petrol price with Pakistani, our prices are cheaper even if compared to purchasing power.
You don't calculate it on the lowest incomes. ( India's lowest-income is not 35000. Its average income of a salaried man is said to be 32800 which is also not true actually. There are millions in India who live below a dollar a day.)
When you compare purchasing power parity, you take PPP- purchasing power per capita income of both countries in your calculations. India's PPP is 6283 USD and Pakistan's PPP is 5160 USD. Now calculating petrol prices on PPP, India's petrol price is 172.50 compared to Pakistan's 110.
(I am not sure about Pakistan's price as I live abroad)
PS. for your information, the lowest salary in India is about 4500 INR.

Where did you take the minimum wage of an Indian worker??

Shahid Abassi

Where did you take the minimum wage of an Indian worker??
This is not the issue merey bhai. I took it by visiting different Indian websites.
The minimum wage is not what you use to calculate purchasing-power-based prices for comparison. You use per capita GDP (PPP) and I have quoted that and made the comparison of your choice.

For example, this site below tells that the minimum monthly wage is 4576. I have also seen their government pages and it comes about the same.

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Firstly, I did not compare with India even when our prices are slightly cheaper than theirs. Secondly, you can see that Farukh Saleem is a big liar as always. I have checked his tweets and charts many a time and mostly found them incorrect or tricky. This man calls himself an economist but was found out when as an advisor to the PM, he could not answer a simple question on Shahzeb's show. A student of finance - in his first year of education - could have answered that question and taken Shahzeb Khanzada to defensives. Thirdly, all prices in the link that I attached, are noted in USD and anyone can easily convert them to Pak rupee by multiplying with 155.
Shahid Sahib I agree, he is a total goof and greedy person. He once used to be an Information Icon for Insafis. ANd he was totally irrelevant at the time as well. When IK did not give him any post he is now throwing the Mud on him. I just use him to rub things in faces of Imranis - otherwise, he is nothing for me in terms of political character.

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Patwaris are the worst abusers when you find them on forums where they are in majority.
First-hand experience. ?
I respect your opinion but I do not agree with it in general.
Beleive me I have a big group of friend in my personal circle. 90 % IN THEM AS INSAFIS. There is a general trend of Snobishness in their characters. they have some kind of proudness of being Educated. Half of them are now quiet and half have become an bit aggressive. I just dont bug them anymore. I don't want to damage my personal friendship.

Kavalier

This is not the issue merey bhai. I took it by visiting different Indian websites.
The minimum wage is not what you use to calculate purchasing-power-based prices for comparison. You use per capita GDP (PPP) and I have quoted that and made the comparison of your choice.

For example, this site below tells that the minimum monthly wage is 4576. I have also seen their government pages and it comes about the same.
The official labour commissioner website would have been helpful:

And why not use the lowest wage for comparison? The prices effect 99.9% to people who go out and work and not to 6 month old babies at home. India is about 6 times the population of Pakistan and the spread is obviously broader than Pakistan.

If any other factor should be considered at all, it can be the inflation rate., which was almost double for Pakistan compared to India.

Shahid Abassi

The official labour commissioner website would have been helpful:

And why not use the lowest wage for comparison? The prices effect 99.9% to people who go out and work and not to 6 month old babies at home. India is about 6 times the population of Pakistan and the spread is obviously broader than Pakistan.

If any other factor should be considered at all, it can be the inflation rate., which was almost double for Pakistan compared to India.
First of all, I don't know that why are we discussing the minimum wages. Let's say if the official pages give a better picture of it, even then your figures of NRI 35000 being the minimum wages in India were incorrect. It should have been NRI 11000 and then factored with currency values of both the countries, it becomes PKR. 24000 to Pakistan's PKr.17000. Going by the formula, petrol prices in India are still much more expensive than in Pakistan.
But for your knowledge, let me tell you that no one in Pakistan and India obeys these laws concerning the minimum wages. In both countries, millions of unskilled labour are paid around 7-8000 a month in respective currencies.

Anyway, this thread wad never about weighted prices of wheat or petrol. Secondly, even if you insist on it, then all over the world, the average incomes are used to calculate purchasing power parities. It is an international phenomenon and not created by me. The purchasing power parity between India and Pakistan is 1.22 to 1.00.
Your argument, that the poorest of the poor are most affected by price hikes, wouldn't stand a chance even if we go by the minimum wages. And what about those who live under the poverty line. So talking about the petrol prices, India's PKR 210 a litre is much more expensive than Pakistan's PKR. 110 a litre and it stays so whatever formula you use.

Last edited:

Shahid Abassi

I respect your opinion but I do not agree with it in general.
Beleive me I have a big group of friend in my personal circle. 90 % IN THEM AS INSAFIS. There is a general trend of Snobishness in their characters. they have some kind of proudness of being Educated. Half of them are now quiet and half have become an bit aggressive. I just dont bug them anymore. I don't want to damage my personal friendship.
But I wonder, why 63% of educated ones vote for PTI.

Kavalier

First of all, I don't know that why are we discussing the minimum wages. Let's say if the official pages give a better picture of it, even then your figures of NRI 35000 being the minimum wages in India were incorrect. It should have been NRI 11000 and then factored with currency values of both the countries, it becomes PKR. 24000 to Pakistan's PKr.17000. Going by the formula, petrol prices in India are still much more expensive than in Pakistan.
But for your knowledge, let me tell you that no one in Pakistan and India obeys these laws concerning the minimum wages. In both countries, millions of unskilled labour are paid around 7-8000 a month in respective currencies.

Anyway, this thread wad never about weighted prices of wheat or petrol. Secondly, even if you insist on it, then all over the world, the average incomes are used to calculate purchasing power parities. It is an international phenomenon and not created by me. The purchasing power parity between India and Pakistan is 1.22 to 1.00.
Your argument, that the poorest of the poor are most affected by price hikes, wouldn't stand a chance even if we go by the minimum wages. And what about those who live under the poverty line. So talking about the petrol prices, India's PKR 210 a litre is much more expensive than Pakistan's PKR. 110 a litre and it stays so whatever formula you use.
OK Sir, you won and I lost. Let us agree to disagree.

Shahid Abassi

OK Sir, you won and I lost. Let us agree to disagree.
No, my dear, it is not about winning. I acknowledge that India has a better and fast-growing economy as compared to ours. They are pulling millions out of poverty every year while we go back and forth and stay the same. But that is a different issue than what we had in this thread.
Stay blessed.