تبدیلی کا مجے دار حلوہ - پاکستان تین افریقی معاشی قوتوں سے جیت گیا

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Think of it this way:
- Country running in deficit.
- Import based economy, helps increase services revenues,
- exports are not growing. Loans acquired to balance trade. Interest comes with loans.
- taxes increased to increase revenue.
- Still not enough money to pay back loan+interest
- Further loans acquired. stuck in a loop.

- This govt manages deficit.
- Future loan requirement keeps reducing.
- Increasing industry capability to further reduce trade deficit & turn it into surplus.
- But enough money to setup new industries.
- Starts foreign tours to improve country perception and increase FDI's.
- Once new industries start setting up, income will grow, increase in employment & industrial production.
- Takes few years for new industries to grow and reap rewards in terms of GDP growth.

I don't understand what you mean when you say
"What the heck is your net dollar equivalent benefit we achieved from our Exports in this year compared to 2017"

Is there a specific number that you want to compare with?

The real benefit of the shrinking CAD would be the growing Income of the country, which will translate into the property of the common man's life. Increase in employment and the growing GDP. ---- Right ???
If your shrinking CAD is real than your dollar value of the trade should grow, which will be the result of revenues coming from the Exports, not from the reducing revenues you spend on imports, which you do to support your net industrial production ??? Right

Why don't you give me the simple answer to the question I asked. What the heck is your net dollar equivalent benefit we achieved from our Exports in this year compared to 2017.

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Think of it this way:
- Country running in deficit.
- Import based economy, helps increase services revenues,
- exports are not growing. Loans acquired to balance trade. Interest comes with loans.
- taxes increased to increase revenue.
- Still not enough money to pay back loan+interest
- Further loans acquired. stuck in a loop.

- This govt manages deficit.
- Future loan requirement keeps reducing.
- Increasing industry capability to further reduce trade deficit & turn it into surplus.
- But enough money to setup new industries.
- Starts foreign tours to improve country perception and increase FDI's.
- Once new industries start setting up, income will grow, increase in employment & industrial production.
- Takes few years for new industries to grow and reap rewards in terms of GDP growth.

I don't understand what you mean when you say

Is there a specific number that you want to compare with?
In a consumer society of 220 million. the country self-sufficient to produce its own food and livestock, You have taken the Internal economics and GDP growth totally out of question. The tax revenue that is generated by the internal economics is what supports all that you are crying about.
But you are arguing with me with the assumption that I am against the CID reduction. All I was saying that CID was reduced at the cost of killing the domestic economy and the result is dancing in the streets these days with double-digit inflation.
What I was saying that with reducing CID the dollar value of the trade has not brought anything to the economy so far. Even yesterday IK was bragging only on the remittances which increased only to compensate for the inflation. Not in terms of any investment

AZ1

Minister (2k+ posts)
In a consumer society of 220 million. the country self-sufficient to produce its own food and livestock, You have taken the Internal economics and GDP growth totally out of question. The tax revenue that is generated by the internal economics is what supports all that you are crying about.
But you are arguing with me with the assumption that I am against the CID reduction. All I was saying that CID was reduced at the cost of killing the domestic economy and the result is dancing in the streets these days with double-digit inflation.
What I was saying that with reducing CID the dollar value of the trade has not brought anything to the economy so far. Even yesterday IK was bragging only on the remittances which increased only to compensate for the inflation. Not in terms of any investment

In comparison, the import bill widened 15.1% to $60.9 billion in last fiscal year. It was the highest ever import bill that Pakistan paid in a single year since its creation.

July 12, 2018