PML hypocrisy (PML-N disowns Zafars plea for Musharraf tri)

G

PML-N disowns Zafars plea for Musharraf trial

* PML-N information secretary says party to take issue to court after exhausting all political options

ISLAMABAD: Senior PML-N leader Syed Zafar Ali Shah on Saturday moved the Supreme Court seeking directions to the government to try former president Pervez Musharraf under Article 6, but the party itself disowned the plea.

PML-N Information Secretary Ahsan Iqbal said Senator Zafar had filed the petition in his own capacity.

Talking to a private TV channel, Ahsan said Musharrafs trial was a political issue and the PML-N was trying to build a consensus on the matter, adding that the government did not require a parliamentary resolution for trying Musharraf.

Exercise: Ahsan said it was only a matter of time before his party went to court to take up the issue, but it would explore all political options first.

Earlier, Shah filed the constitutional petition in the SC under Article 184 (3), naming the federation and the former president as respondents.

He submitted that a 14-member bench of the SC, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, had declared the imposition of emergency on November 3, 2007 by Musharraf illegal and unconstitutional.

Therefore, he requested the court direct the federation to act in accordance with the provisions of Article 6 of the constitution to initiate criminal proceedings against Musharraf under the High Treason Act, 1973.

Shah told Daily Times that he had filed a petition on the basis of the SCs July 31 decision.

He said the 14-member bench had held that Musharraf, in the garb of emergency and Provisional Constitutional Order (PCO), had made amendments in the constitution by self-acquired powers which had all been unconstitutional, unauthorised, without legal basis and without any legal consequences.

Shah said the former president had overturned the entire political and democratic system by abrogating the constitution and was liable to be punished under Article 6.

He said he had requested the apex court to direct the federal government to initiate legal proceedings against the former military dictator in line with the SC decision.

Earlier on Wednesday, the PML-N decided not to move a parliamentary resolution seeking Musharrafs trial under Article 6.

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had informed the National Assembly that his government would try Musharraf for high treason only if the parliament adopted a unanimous resolution. staff report/daily times monitor

A

abbasiali

I think we have to find, who is not hypocrate, But this is really good, that by all means, Nawaz league is loosing its credibility, which they had earned by fluke, after participating in Judges movement, So what will happen if new mid term election would held, I am sure Nawaz league will win, because this is the behavior of Pakistanis, (Unfortunate)

Regards.

Jury

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
I think we have to find, who is not hypocrate, But this is really good, that by all means, Nawaz league is loosing its credibility, which they had earned by fluke, after participating in Judges movement, So what will happen if new mid term election would held, I am sure Nawaz league will win, because this is the behavior of Pakistanis, (Unfortunate)
Regards.

MPA Munawar Gill will be Next PM candidate for PML-N.

keamari12

Councller (250+ posts)
I DNT UNDERSTAND WHATS THE ISSUE HERE REGARDLESS OF POLITICLE AFFILIATIONS EVERY BODY HAS HIS OWN VIEWS AND OPINION ABOUT THE DAILY ISSUES BUT WHATS GOOD ABOUT PMLN IS AT LEAST NO KILLER SQUAD OF PMLN WILL BE IN SEARCH OF SHAH LIKE AZEEM AHMED TARIQ KHALID WALID NISHAT MALIK AND RECENTLY IMRAN FAROOQ

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
Did Shah said he has moved the petition on behalf of PML(N)?
I thought other parties have been target of bad propaganda, but now I understand that other parties are the biggest propagators.

A

abbasiali

keamari12 said:
I DNT UNDERSTAND WHATS THE ISSUE HERE REGARDLESS OF POLITICLE AFFILIATIONS EVERY BODY HAS HIS OWN VIEWS AND OPINION ABOUT THE DAILY ISSUES BUT WHATS GOOD ABOUT PMLN IS AT LEAST NO KILLER SQUAD OF PMLN WILL BE IN SEARCH OF SHAH LIKE AZEEM AHMED TARIQ KHALID WALID NISHAT MALIK AND RECENTLY IMRAN FAROOQ
Dear,
Apart from all political affiliations, with due all respect,

We condemn every single culprit, who is involve in any kind of corruption, now when we talk about PML(N) It means now time is for their credibility, and you have to focus on either to support PML(N) or oppose, don't bring any others, we all knew about them, don't give PML(N) a break, they are in mess, what ever had happen in Punjab, you should talk about all those, we already have long threads about good and bad for MQM and MUSHARAF. Now its time for PML(N). Do you want to justify,

Chaudhry whose's nephew got caught while attempting examination paper in his behalf, and then he was protected by Abid Sher Ali ruthlessly, shamelessly, I don't think so, you would like to defend these culprits.

Munawer Gill who rape the lady, who claimed in media and court, and this culprit was absconding, till this lady with draw her case, don't we know how she would have had got threat to get settlement, I am sure you will not defend these culprits,

Chaudhry Ghafoor, who was involve at Lahore airport, and was caught in the media and was suspended by Shahbaz Shareef, I am sure you will not support these culprit,

The most hottest subject, MPA lady who got caught and was brought in front of public her crime, and was well supported by Khawaja Saad rafique, and lately, news was claimaint with draw her complaint, I am sure you will not support these culprits too.

We have lot about PML(N) which we can talk and argue, and this is what now we are trying over here,

My request with you is, if you can contest in this thread, than maintain the temperament of the subject, which will help us good and bad about PML(N)

Regards.

keamari12

Councller (250+ posts)
MR MODERATOR THERES NO QUESTION OF CULPRITS HERE ITS JUST ABOUT SHAHS PERSONNEL ACT WHICH HIS HIS PARTY IS NOT READY TO TAKE IT AS A PARTY ACT SECONDLY U POINTED THAT THE CHAUDRY CASE WHICH WAS NOT THE SUBJECT OF POST AND MUNAWAR GILL AND OTHERS UR REPLY WAS A TOTALLY ANKEE PANKEE Y I MENTION ABOUT ANY OTHER PARTY COZ U LEARN FROM UR SURROUNDING AS I LIVE IN KHI KHI POLITICS IS LIKE THAT WHEN U DO SOME AGAINST THE WILL OF BHAEE THEN MOST LIKELY U END UP IN A BORREE AND LIKE U SAID ITS PMLN TURNS AS MODERATOR U DNT SUPPOSE TO PASS COMMENT LIKE THESE LIKE U PURPOSELY HAVE DECIDE TO TARGET SOME BODY AND AS FAR AS MY COMMENTS ABOUT PMLN IS CONCERN BELIEVE ME IM NOT A SUPPORTER OF PMLN BUT I LOOSES MY TWO IDS (AS SYED ND AND NAZKAZ) FOR CRITICIZING PMLN

butshikan

Councller (250+ posts)
@keemari,

Every one can hear you, why are you shouting!(using caps and ur font size :| )

@abbasiali:

Agreed!

A

abbasiali

keamari12 said:
MR MODERATOR THERES NO QUESTION OF CULPRITS HERE ITS JUST ABOUT SHAHS PERSONNEL ACT WHICH HIS HIS PARTY IS NOT READY TO TAKE IT AS A PARTY ACT SECONDLY U POINTED THAT THE CHAUDRY CASE WHICH WAS NOT THE SUBJECT OF POST AND MUNAWAR GILL AND OTHERS UR REPLY WAS A TOTALLY ANKEE PANKEE Y I MENTION ABOUT ANY OTHER PARTY COZ U LEARN FROM UR SURROUNDING AS I LIVE IN KHI KHI POLITICS IS LIKE THAT WHEN U DO SOME AGAINST THE WILL OF BHAEE THEN MOST LIKELY U END UP IN A BORREE AND LIKE U SAID ITS PMLN TURNS AS MODERATOR U DNT SUPPOSE TO PASS COMMENT LIKE THESE LIKE U PURPOSELY HAVE DECIDE TO TARGET SOME BODY AND AS FAR AS MY COMMENTS ABOUT PMLN IS CONCERN BELIEVE ME IM NOT A SUPPORTER OF PMLN BUT I LOOSES MY TWO IDS (AS SYED ND AND NAZKAZ) FOR CRITICIZING PMLN
My Dear friend,
When I talk or write, I am writing the undeniable facts, which you counted as "HANKY PANKY" I will not say anything in further, As Abid Sher Ali & Saad Rafique type politicians have shown their unresponsible attitude towards us (Pakistani Poor Citizens) Though you have mentioned you are not supporter of PML(N) But unfortunately I didn't find your reply in favor of us (Pakistani Citizens) Or in your opinion Pakistani citizens are "Hanky Panky"

Before trying to make me controversial, please read my threads and replies, and I am sure you will understand, my efforts are to build one consensus among all members apart from their political affiliations. which is, we have to be united to build a greater united Pakistan.

I will advise you to use polite and friendly language, respect every single member and I am sure you will never loose any of your ID again.

Regards.

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
Jury said:
abbasiali said:
Regards.

DO YOU REALIZE, HOW CHILDISH YOU SOUND

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
shaheedchoudry said:
Jury said:
abbasiali said:
Regards.

DO YOU REALIZE, HOW CHILDISH YOU SOUND

THIS IS NOT A CHILDISH SOUND. THIS IS AN EDUCATED AND MATURED TAUNT FROM A BEAUTIFUL MIND.

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
plea was against Musharraf and so also is the subject under discussion. One is every right to drag Musharraf into it.
I will call it very tactical and intelligent move, since it doesn't appear to be a political move to start trial against Musharraf, it's an individual move which has a lot of support from common people, may be not much from few regions of Karachi.
the point is how does it show hypocrisy on the part of PML(N). You expect to develop consensus when you have already made up your mind with subject. Educated people tend to reflect some education when they choose the topic. Not by imposing and publicizing their ideas through the subject. Unfortunately qualification and beauty of mind is reflected through the choice of the subject.

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
HOW ITS HYPOCRACY? ZAFAR ALI SHAH GOES TO COURT ON HIS OWN WHILE PARTY POLICY MAY DIFFER. ITS A DEMOCRATIC PARTY WHERE MEMBERS CAN HAVE THEIR SAY. ITS NOT A CULT LIKE MQM WHERE YOU COULD LOOSE YOUR NECK FOR TAKING A STAND AGAINST PARTY LINE.