PM IK's foreign visits and Our Media's Hypocrisy - Why are we silent about it?

HSiddiqui

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Journalism ethics demand that for unbiased reporting Media shouldn't take benefits from the organizations they are covering in their reports. Otherwise, they need to write "Paid Programming" on top of their footage. However, Nawaz Sharif and Zardari, exploited the lack of any morality in our Media industry and took private media personnel on foreign visits on government expenses to get the news of their liking out in the press here, which the Media always presented as it's position.

Since PM IK has taken over, he has rightly stopped this practice. But our Media houses instead of putting their act together and sending their personals to cover the activities of the chief executive of their country, has now completely boycotted his foreign visits. So the only news we receive about his visits is through foreign media. This blatantly shows that our media doesn't care about giving an unbiased coverage to Chief Executive's activities and giving the people of Pakistan access to unbiased information.

We, as civil society need to step forward and expose our Media's hypocrisy. We need to stop buying the only shit that Media cooks and sells us. They need to start acting professional and spend money to generate quality content! We need to start demanding quality content or else BOYCOTT it!
That's a shame on media, most of them are working as agents for anti Pakistan powers, and they all should be held on accountability of living beyond their means.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
if you see pattern of Pakistan's history; whenever we have done well in international relations and foreign investment; media is crying and impression given is that Pakistan is at its worst
Whenever investment is dry and countries / leaders boycott us; media is happy and gives impression that we are booming
it is really strange but media is not clean at all...probably the worst in the world
action should be taken to close them down asap

shahidsaqi

Senator (1k+ posts)
media ki kya ghalti hai. headlines banti hi aik hai ke loans liye. iske ilawa bole b to kya media. albatta loans liye ko masala lga kr byan krta hai media ke bheek mang ke a gya which is somewhat inappropriate, though reality

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
What else could be done besides boycotting them?

Good Question! And truth is.. I don't know. :unsure: Maybe any student of Media studies can comment best on it. Or share any example from past/another country.

All I know is typically media houses align themselves with different political parties and when their party comes in power they get preferential treatment/tax reliefs etc. So, no matter what, in the US on Fox News, Democrats are Satans and biggest filth on earth and on CNN Republicans are the stupidest people on this planet! :cautious:

I think Ary was hoping the same, but PTI rightly governance wise but wrongly politics wise showed it the hand as well.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Good Question! And truth is.. I don't know. :unsure: Maybe any student of Media studies can comment best on it. Or share any example from past/another country.

All I know is typically media houses align themselves with different political parties and when their party comes in power they get preferential treatment/tax reliefs etc. So, no matter what, in the US on Fox News, Democrats are Satans and biggest filth on earth and on CNN Republicans are the stupidest people on this planet! :cautious:

I think Ary was hoping the same, but PTI rightly governance wise but wrongly politics wise showed it the hand as well.
The obvious would be to boycott of course, second would be to pressure there biggest sponsors to withdraw advertising, in this case it would be the mobile network and cold drink companies not to give them advs or you will boycott their products too.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
The obvious would be to boycott of course, second would be to pressure there biggest sponsors to withdraw advertising, in this case it would be the mobile network and cold drink companies not to give them advs or you will boycott their products too.

So again it comes down to some sort of Civil Society Activism. Now I see another problem here. There is no true civil society / human rights protection activists/leadership here.

People always align themselves either behind their political parties or professional councils (e.g. lawyers, doctors, etc.). PTI can't do activism on such matters especially now since they are in the government :LOL: and Opposition, well let's not go there. If something has to do with human/national development, it's not on opposition's agenda especially if it doesn't fetch them political points or commissions. Similarly, professional councils are only interested in protecting their paiti bhais! :cautious:

I think some aunties in the past under the umbrella of NGOs try to do something on this front but it turned out to be counterproductive! :(

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
So again it comes down to some sort of Civil Society Activism. Now I see another problem here. There is no true civil society / human rights protection activists/leadership here.

People always align themselves either behind their political parties or professional councils (e.g. lawyers, doctors, etc.). PTI can't do activism on such matters especially now since they are in the government :LOL: and Opposition, well let's not go there. If something has to do with human/national development, it's not on opposition's agenda especially if it doesn't fetch them political points or commissions. Similarly, professional councils are only interested in protecting their paiti bhais! :cautious:

I think some aunties in the past under the umbrella of NGOs try to do something on this front but it turned out to be counterproductive! :(
Thats a different story. If you can get enough people on board you can start a social media campaign and promote that we are boycotting so and channel, you have to keep at least one or two channels on your side if you ever want it to get aired, you never know it could go viral.

Second step would be if first succeeds to approach the sponsors and ask them to boycott advs, then if they don't the let them know you will also boycott their channels.

If nothing you will at least registered your protest. As an ordinary citizen there isn't much you can do either staying in the confines of the law.

hamidk

Senator (1k+ posts)
یار سامنے کی بات ہے یہ تمام کے تمام میڈیا والے بھوکے ننگے، بھکاری قسم کے لوگ تھے . پچھلی حکومتوں میں یہ پَھنّے خان بنے پھرتے تھے کیونکہ انہیں دانا پانی اور روٹی سوڈا وزیر اعظم ہاؤس کا بَچا کُھچا جوٹھا کھانا مل جاتا تھا اوپر سے وزیر اعظم کے جہاز میں بارات کی شکل میں گھومتے پھرتے اور عمرے کرتے تھے وہ سب کچھ عمران خان نے بند کر دیا ہے تو یہ اپنی اصلیت اب اس طرح دکھا رہے ہیں

سچ پوچھیں مجھے تو کوئی حیرانگی نہیں ہے ان کی کمینگیؤں پر . انکی اوقات ہی یہی ہے
well said

Steyn

O bhai jaan, He is the PM, not an IG. He has departments here doing their job. He needs to continue doing his job! No Showbazi just for point scoring!

If anyone believes that justice is not being served to him, he needs to go and knock at the doors of the courts and then the courts will do their job!

So then why is imran khan lodging firs against people when it isn't his job?

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/01/ctd-recovers-three-kidnapped-children-in-sahiwal/

Why is he, the Prime Minister doing what departments should be doing.

Kuch sharam hoti hai, kuch haya hoti hai.

When shobaz did this, Imran Khan shouted against it. Today, Imran Khan is doing the same dramabazi and it is okay.

Kuch to sharam karo.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
So then why is imran khan lodging firs against people when it isn't his job?

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/01/ctd-recovers-three-kidnapped-children-in-sahiwal/

Why is he, the Prime Minister doing what departments should be doing.

Kuch sharam hoti hai, kuch haya hoti hai.

When shobaz did this, Imran Khan shouted against it. Today, Imran Khan is doing the same dramabazi and it is okay.

Kuch to sharam karo.

No wonder people say patwaris are brainless. You keep hitting yourself in your foot!

Dear, this is called intervention / supervision / coaching! Which is exactly his job! When you see your departments are not meeting performance expectations, you intervene and direct them/monitor them. But it doesn't mean you start doing their job and stop doing yours!

Only if you had gotten good education, good job, and opportunity to work in good organizations or a civilized country you'd have understood how the hierarchy is supposed to work! Don't worry, we are working hard to make sure that your children get the opportunities that your lords never gave you! So chill their future will be bright Inshallah..!! ;)

Steyn

No wonder people say patwaris are brainless. You keep hitting yourself in your foot!

Dear, this is called intervention / supervision / coaching! Which is exactly his job! When you see your departments are not meeting performance expectations, you intervene and direct them/monitor them. But it doesn't mean you start doing their job and stop doing yours!

Only if you had gotten good education, good job, and opportunity to work in good organizations or a civilized country you'd have understood how the hierarchy is supposed to work! Don't worry, we are working hard to make sure that your children get the opportunities that your lords never gave you! So chill their future will be bright Inshallah..!! ;)

Nawaz sharif also gave people lots of hopes, buddy. Go and ask your elders, there were people who were excited for Benazir and Nawaz Sharif just like they're for Imran Khan.

This power is an addiction and it corrupts people. We see from history that even good Islamic people also abused their power in some way.

Who the hell is Imran Khan? I thought he was different but his lies have shown that he's just another lying scumbag politician.

Every thing he promised and made me vote for him, he has taken a uturn on. I didn't vote for his face, i am not a faggot, i voted for his promises.

He promised no loans, he is even now in Qatar begging.
He promised human development, hospitals and education. Where the fuck is that? In 5 months, what has he done to improve hospitals or make new ones? This shitty country doesn't even have knowledgeable doctors that can do procedures that doctors in other countries can.
He promised he will make KPK model province. It's a model province of pollution. Wallahi, when i go to Islamabad, i can finally see the world without this dirt on my car and I realize how much pollution i live in Peshawar with. The BRT is still in ruins, hospitals are fucked. So much for model province.

These liars and hypocrites sitting in other countries can love Imran Khan because they are enjoying the life of great countries. We Pakistanis are suffering from every decision, every incompetence of this government and the previous governments. Tomorrow, its going to be more taxes and God knows what else in the mini budget.

To me, America is a great country but i have seen Americans complain how shitty their country and how bad their government is because they experience it. I would be a dishonest person if i lecture Americans on how great their government is because i don't live that life. Same way, these dishonest Imran Khan lovers have no right to lecture us Pakistanis on the government being good or bad.

And this forum is riddled with these dishonest people.

I hate Imran Khan, i hate his lying face. He's no Saadiq. My great Islamic leaders didn't lie to get people to elect them, they were afraid of the promises they made and struggled to fullfil them.

When Imran Khan promised no loans then he should make this country work without any loans. Nobody forced him to make these promises. Nobody asked for him to promise himself to be our savior. There is no excuse for his lies.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Nawaz sharif also gave people lots of hopes, buddy. Go and ask your elders, there were people who were excited for Benazir and Nawaz Sharif just like they're for Imran Khan.

This power is an addiction and it corrupts people. We see from history that even good Islamic people also abused their power in some way.

Who the hell is Imran Khan? I thought he was different but his lies have shown that he's just another lying scumbag politician.

Every thing he promised and made me vote for him, he has taken a uturn on. I didn't vote for his face, i am not a faggot, i voted for his promises.

He promised no loans, he is even now in Qatar begging.
He promised human development, hospitals and education. Where the fuck is that? In 5 months, what has he done to improve hospitals or make new ones? This shitty country doesn't even have knowledgeable doctors that can do procedures that doctors in other countries can.
He promised he will make KPK model province. It's a model province of pollution. Wallahi, when i go to Islamabad, i can finally see the world without this dirt on my car and I realize how much pollution i live in Peshawar with. The BRT is still in ruins, hospitals are fucked. So much for model province.

These liars and hypocrites sitting in other countries can love Imran Khan because they are enjoying the life of great countries. We Pakistanis are suffering from every decision, every incompetence of this government and the previous governments. Tomorrow, its going to be more taxes and God knows what else in the mini budget.

To me, America is a great country but i have seen Americans complain how shitty their country and how bad their government is because they experience it. I would be a dishonest person if i lecture Americans on how great their government is because i don't live that life. Same way, these dishonest Imran Khan lovers have no right to lecture us Pakistanis on the government being good or bad.

And this forum is riddled with these dishonest people.

I hate Imran Khan, i hate his lying face. He's no Saadiq. My great Islamic leaders didn't lie to get people to elect them, they were afraid of the promises they made and struggled to fullfil them.

When Imran Khan promised no loans then he should make this country work without any loans. Nobody forced him to make these promises. Nobody asked for him to promise himself to be our savior. There is no excuse for his lies.

Thanks for speaking your mind out. But I don't blame you. Because your perspective is coming from the information you have and you don't have much information. You see a very filtered down image of events.

You don't know how old I am to know the history and how close I am to Benzair & Nawaz. I'm a "Mian". Same Mian, Mian Nawaz Sharif wala. My Grand Father and Mian Sharif migrated together from Amritsar in 1936. They were close friends but my grand father asked his children to stay away from Sharif's Children. They were notoriously famous for being badmaash, raping women, killing mazdoors alive in Bhatti etc. Go and visit their old neighborhood and ask older peeps out there about their reputation! You'll know the truth about their nature which to be honest hasn't changed till today.

Anyways, they are past now, so coming back to Imran Khan. He is neither my father-in-law nor do i intend to make him one. I am a nationalist. And I just want to see Pakistan prosper. And based on what he has done so far, I am 200% confident if he'll be given 10 years, we'll see his pictures on our currency 20 years down the road and you will tell your children that you saw him change Pakistan, just like people who were there during Jinnah later mentioned Jinnah's stories to their children/grandchildren.

Since you mentioned loan, so i'll pick example of economy to show why I am 200% confident in him. A layman has no idea how bad Pakistan's economy was when this government came and how badly it has been raped in the last 10 years. Bankruptcy was imminent and all rating agencies had already rated that Pakistan was definitely going bankrupt. (Check -- All agencies rank Pakistan B something - which means junk/bankrupt). See the cases of Zimbabwe, Veneunzela, Greece etc. to get a reality check what bankruptcy means. Had Pakistan hit Bankruptcy, dollar would have hit close to Rs.800 - 1000/- All prices of items would have increased 100 to 500 times. In zimbabwe, a banana that used to come for say (Zimbabwian dollar) $10 went to $100,000/- in a week!! I'm not joking! Google yourself if you don't know the history.

PM Khan despite knowing that he will be ridiculed for his loan statement decided to put his ego aside and go for it and save the country. I explained to another fellow here that why loans are the only option. Read thread # 96 https://www.siasat.pk/forums/threads/skyfall-of-imran-khan.670690/page-5#post-5203683 if you are interested to know the details.

Then it would have been easier to get loans from IMF. This is what all governments do and have done in the past because it is the easiest option. Opposition kept pressurizing him to go to IMF. But he stayed calm. When you get a bailout package from IMF, it is generally given at 15 - 18% interest rate. He again took a u-turn for the country despite knowing that people will laugh at him. He got on a plane and flew to a few countries to get the money at 2-3% interest rate. Now if Pakistan will go to IMF for investment/more money it'll get it at 3-4% interest rate. You only hear about "bainaami" accounts linked with omni group in the media. But do you know that there are actually 1million + bainaami accounts operating in Pakistan right now? Which are used by all media houses, and even high profile businesses for tax evasion and money laundering! Despite all the criticism, Asad Umar is cracking down on them and PM IK is holding his ground to fix this Jinn once and for all. This practice started in 1993 (when our politicians wanted to buy surrey palace and avenfield apartments etc.) and later other business started joining it. Even Shaukat Aziz under Musharaf's martial law couldn't touch underground economy because it's really really difficult to fix this structure without damaging short-term economy but PM Khan is taking unpopular but right decisions to put the country on the right track for the long-term. For us to payback our loans, we need to increase our tax net. And the best way to increase tax net without putting burden on the poor is by turning our black economy to white economy. Which would mean the rich won't be able to get away without paying tax. And the rich would spend money and try to lobby to avoid coming into tax net. PM Khan is taking that mafia heads on too. FATF grey list is not a small thing and they were going to put Pakistan on black list last month! Now after seeing right measures coming from our MoF, FATF is considering removing Pakistan from Grey list. I can go on and on in economy alone, but you'll just get bored...:)

I think we all come here on this forum to get a different perspective and I hope I've helped you get some. Now, I'm not saying that all is good. A lot needs to be done and a lot could have been done in a better way! But we all know its much easy to watch a match and criticise how someone should have played but much much difficult to actually go and score yourself! Unfortunately, 99% of our public can't understand technicalities in economics, public policy, and other government fields. They never got quality education to do so! It's not a joke that despite being 6th largest country in the world by population we don't have 1 university in top 500!!! It's not a joke that our indicators are at par with Somalia and 10-15 years behind even countries like Nigeria/Kenya.

So i don't expect PM IK or other ministers would come on TV to explain details that everyone would not be able to follow. Also, I doubt if our people who ask the questions even know what they should be asking. So everyone just gives political statements because this is one language everyone understands. Give PM Khan 5yrs for now and trust he is sincere and he is doing the right thing! Because he is! :):)

Last edited:

Steyn

Thanks for speaking your mind out. But I don't blame you. Because your perspective is coming from the information you have and you don't have much information. You see a very filtered down image of events.

You don't know how old I am to know the history and how close I am to Benzair & Nawaz. I'm a "Mian". Same Mian, Mian Nawaz Sharif wala. My Grand Father and Mian Sharif migrated together from Amritsar in 1936. They were close friends but my grand father asked his children to stay away from Sharif's Children. They were notoriously famous for being badmaash, raping women, killing mazdoors alive in Bhatti etc. Go and visit their old neighborhood and ask older peeps out there about their reputation! You'll know the truth about their nature which to be honest hasn't changed till today.

Anyways, they are past now, so coming back to Imran Khan. He is neither my father-in-law nor do i intend to make him one. I am a nationalist. And I just want to see Pakistan prosper. And based on what he has done so far, I am 200% confident if he'll be given 10 years, we'll see his pictures on our currency 20 years down the road and you will tell your children that you saw him change Pakistan, just like people who were there during Jinnah later mentioned Jinnah's stories to their children/grandchildren.

Since you mentioned loan, so i'll pick example of economy to show why I am 200% confident in him. A layman has no idea how bad Pakistan's economy was when this government came and how badly it has been raped in the last 10 years. Bankruptcy was imminent and all rating agencies had already rated that Pakistan was definitely going bankrupt. (Check -- All agencies rank Pakistan B something - which means junk/bankrupt). See the cases of Zimbabwe, Veneunzela, Greece etc. to get a reality check what bankruptcy means. Had Pakistan hit Bankruptcy, dollar would have hit close to Rs.800 - 1000/- All prices of items would have increased 100 to 500 times. In zimbabwe, a banana that used to come for say (Zimbabwian dollar) $10 went to $100,000/- in a week!! I'm not joking! Google yourself if you don't know the history.

PM Khan despite knowing that he will be ridiculed for his loan statement decided to put his ego aside and go for it and save the country. I explained to another fellow here that why loans are the only option. Read thread # 96 https://www.siasat.pk/forums/threads/skyfall-of-imran-khan.670690/page-5#post-5203683 if you are interested to know the details.

Then it would have been easier to get loans from IMF. This is what all governments do and have done in the past because it is the easiest option. Opposition kept pressurizing him to go to IMF. But he stayed calm. When you get a bailout package from IMF, it is generally given at 15 - 18% interest rate. He again took a u-turn for the country despite knowing that people will laugh at him. He got on a plane and flew to a few countries to get the money at 2-3% interest rate. Now if Pakistan will go to IMF for investment/more money it'll get it at 3-4% interest rate. You only hear about "bainaami" accounts linked with omni group in the media. But do you know that there are actually 1million + bainaami accounts operating in Pakistan right now? Which are used by all media houses, and even high profile businesses for tax evasion and money laundering! Despite all the criticism, Asad Umar is cracking down on them and PM IK is holding his ground to fix this Jinn once and for all. This practice started in 1993 (when our politicians wanted to buy surrey palace and avenfield apartments etc.) and later other business started joining it. Even Shaukat Aziz under Musharaf's martial law couldn't touch underground economy because it's really really difficult to fix this structure without damaging short-term economy but PM Khan is taking unpopular but right decisions to put the country on the right track for the long-term. For us to payback our loans, we need to increase our tax net. And the best way to increase tax net without putting burden on the poor is by turning our black economy to white economy. Which would mean the rich won't be able to get away without paying tax. And the rich would spend money and try to lobby to avoid coming into tax net. PM Khan is taking that mafia heads on too. FATF grey list is not a small thing and they were going to put Pakistan on black list last month! Now after seeing right measures coming from our MoF, FATF is considering removing Pakistan from Grey list. I can go on and on in economy alone, but you'll just get bored...:)

I think we all come here on this forum to get a different perspective and I hope I've helped you get some. Now, I'm not saying that all is good. A lot needs to be done and a lot could have been done in a better way! But we all know its much easy to watch a match and criticise how someone should have played but much much difficult to actually go and score yourself! Unfortunately, 99% of our public can't understand technicalities in economics, public policy, and other government fields. They never got quality education to do so! It's not a joke that despite being 6th largest country in the world by population we don't have 1 university in top 500!!! It's not a joke that our indicators are at par with Somalia and 10-15 years behind even countries like Nigeria/Kenya.

So i don't expect PM IK or other ministers would come on TV to explain details that everyone would not be able to follow. Also, I doubt if our people who ask the questions even know what they should be asking. So everyone just gives political statements because this is one language everyone understands. Give PM Khan 5yrs for now and trust he is sincere and he is doing the right thing! Because he is! :):)

I loathe Nawaz Sharif and the whole reason i came on this forum was to vent my anger at him and ask people to vote for Imran Khan because of how badly we need him. So no surprise there but he had people fooled, it was the age of darkness anyway. You can find the reality on social media and google today, at that time, newspapers/radio were the only medium and they were state controlled.

Anyway, honestly it sounds like bullshit to me. I don't blame you, you're still stuck in the mentality of thinking everything Imran Khan is doing has a purpose and is for the good of this country so you will defend him.
https://www.mafialeaks.org/10-reasons-why-everyone-needs-to-support-imran-khan-in-elections-2018/

I pity myself how stupid i was to think Imran Khan would be any different.

I am a microbiologist and a computer programmer and don't know ABC of economy or politics but if you make me PM today, you know what i would do after i get the economy report?. I would run for the loans. It doesn't require any genius to know we need loans.

The next thing would be removing the corrupts from the government, i know just like everyone else knows that Nawaz n Zardari are the KINGs of corruption and they have a whole army of haram khors doing the same thing they're doing. So not news to me.

I don't think you understand. Nobody has an issue with Imran Khan begging for loans and he isn't taking loans for ME or Pakistan, he is taking loans to cover his own lying ass. Because he promised the world to Pakistanis, in his daily ritual of criticising Nawaz Sharif on everything, he promised and lied about everything. Now that he is in power, it is biting him in his ass! because it isn't as easy as he thought and he is surrounded by an army of corrupts that he promised he would correct.

Do you remember he even criticised that Nawaz Sharif destroyed Pakistani cricket and he had great ideas for Pakistani cricket. Can you tell me what has he done about this?.

If i were to take an hour of my time and list all the promises Imran Khan made and they're now not on his agenda, the list is staggering. This is common to every scumbag politician. They make these promises to get people to vote for them and then forget them when they come into power. We expected different from Imran Khan but he's a scumbag too.

I lost all hope when Hassan Nisar gave up on PTI too. Hassan Nisar launched PTI and taught Imran Khan things, was a part of his party when nobody gave a fuck about PTI, if a person like him has given up on PTI then it carries a lot of weight. He doesn't say Imran Khan is corrupt, i don't think Imran Khan is corrupt either but he says that he is incompetent and incompetent people in his cabinet that will lead to his demise.

You seem like a good person and i feel sorry for you, when your bubble of hope will burst like a lot of us ex-pti supporters and it will burst, buddy sooner or later. I don't think Pakistan has any hope left, it will stay a failed state at least in my lifetime. The pre-requistics for a failed state to succeed Imran Khan seriously lacks, the number one thing that is required is to hang all corrupts without mercy and Imran Khan is surrounded by corrupts so how can he do anything against corruption heh. All the loans he is taking are being spent on corruption.

Last edited:

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I loathe Nawaz Sharif and the whole reason i came on this forum was to vent my anger at him and ask people to vote for Imran Khan because of how badly we need him. So no surprise there but he had people fooled, it was the age of darkness anyway. You can find the reality on social media and google today, at that time, newspapers/radio were the only medium and they were state controlled.

Anyway, honestly it sounds like bullshit to me. I don't blame you, you're still stuck in the mentality of thinking everything Imran Khan is doing has a purpose and is for the good of this country so you will defend him. I mean look at me, this is my site and i used to write articles like these
https://www.mafialeaks.org/10-reasons-why-everyone-needs-to-support-imran-khan-in-elections-2018/

I pity myself how stupid i was to think Imran Khan would be any different.

I am a microbiologist and a computer programmer and don't know ABC of economy or politics but if you make me PM today, you know what i would do after i get the economy report?. I would run for the loans. It doesn't require any genius to know we need loans.

The next thing would be removing the corrupts from the government, i know just like everyone else knows that Nawaz n Zardari are the KINGs of corruption and they have a whole army of haram khors doing the same thing they're doing. So not news to me.

I don't think you understand. Nobody has an issue with Imran Khan begging for loans and he isn't taking loans for ME or Pakistan, he is taking loans to cover his own lying ass. Because he promised the world to Pakistanis, in his daily ritual of criticising Nawaz Sharif on everything, he promised and lied about everything. Now that he is in power, it is biting him in his ass! because it isn't as easy as he thought and he is surrounded by an army of corrupts that he promised he would correct.

Do you remember he even criticised that Nawaz Sharif destroyed Pakistani cricket and he had great ideas for Pakistani cricket. Can you tell me what has he done about this?.

If i were to take an hour of my time and list all the promises Imran Khan made and they're now not on his agenda, the list is staggering. This is common to every scumbag politician. They make these promises to get people to vote for them and then forget them when they come into power. We expected different from Imran Khan but he's a scumbag too.

I lost all hope when Hassan Nisar gave up on PTI too. Hassan Nisar launched PTI and taught Imran Khan things, was a part of his party when nobody gave a fuck about PTI, if a person like him has given up on PTI then it carries a lot of weight. He doesn't say Imran Khan is corrupt, i don't think Imran Khan is corrupt either but he says that he is incompetent and incompetent people in his cabinet that will lead to his demise.

You seem like a good person and i feel sorry for you, when your bubble of hope will burst like a lot of us ex-pti supporters and it will burst, buddy sooner or later. I don't think Pakistan has any hope left, it will stay a failed state at least in my lifetime. The pre-requistics for a failed state to succeed Imran Khan seriously lacks, the number one thing that is required is to hang all corrupts without mercy and Imran Khan is surrounded by corrupts so how can he do anything against corruption heh. All the loans he is taking are being spent on corruption.

Thanks for your kind words and concern brother. Don't worry, I am never hopeless:
1) Hopelessness is sin.
2) How dare someone else spoil my mood! There is only one and one person incharge of my mood and that is I! :)

You worked hard your entire life to become a highly qualified microbiologist. Now a biotechnology company has hired you and wants you to develop new medicines. You are talented but it's your first time in the industry and your experiments are not generating the results you'd like. With every failure you are learning something new and you know one day you will hit a jackpot and discover a billion dollar cure for some cancer. But you have Boss "A" who comes and tells you everyday that he is disappointed with you. He hired you because you had impressive credentials and you told him that you will revolutionize this world. But now he is hopeless since he hasn't seen any result. You have another Boss "B". He also took your last interview and was involved in your selection. Though he is not happy seeing you struggle but he comes every day and asks how can he help you? He still motivates you! Solves your problem with you and breaks your barriers with you! Do you think you'd likely succeed with Boss A or Boss B? May be in this example Imran Khan is the microbiologist and I am Boss B. You can chose which Boss you want to be!

And don't take Hasan Nisar seriously! He's an academic not a leader. Haan I'll be concerned if someone like Mahatir Muhammad or Tayyeb Erdogan had said bad things about PM Imran Khan. You trust a commentator's feedback on a player because he has been a successful player once! So he fully understands what a player faces and how great players operate. On the other hand, you might listen to someone like Dr. Tauseef who studies players for living but you know he hasn't been a successful player ever so he hasn't really experienced the match situation and cannot holistically say what goes on in a players mind! It's the same difference between someone who studies leaders and who actually is one!

Steyn

Thanks for your kind words and concern brother. Don't worry, I am never hopeless:
1) Hopelessness is sin.
2) How dare someone else spoil my mood! There is only one and one person incharge of my mood and that is I! :)

You worked hard your entire life to become a highly qualified microbiologist. Now a biotechnology company has hired you and wants you to develop new medicines. You are talented but it's your first time in the industry and your experiments are not generating the results you'd like. With every failure you are learning something new and you know one day you will hit a jackpot and discover a billion dollar cure for some cancer. But you have Boss "A" who comes and tells you everyday that he is disappointed with you. He hired you because you had impressive credentials and you told him that you will revolutionize this world. But now he is hopeless since he hasn't seen any result. You have another Boss "B". He also took your last interview and was involved in your selection. Though he is not happy seeing you struggle but he comes every day and asks how can he help you? He still motivates you! Solves your problem with you and breaks your barriers with you! Do you think you'd likely succeed with Boss A or Boss B? May be in this example Imran Khan is the microbiologist and I am Boss B. You can chose which Boss you want to be!

And don't take Hasan Nisar seriously! He's an academic not a leader. Haan I'll be concerned if someone like Mahatir Muhammad or Tayyeb Erdogan had said bad things about PM Imran Khan. You trust a commentator's feedback on a player because he has been a successful player once! So he fully understands what a player faces and how great players operate. On the other hand, you might listen to someone like Dr. Tauseef who studies players for living but you know he hasn't been a successful player ever so he hasn't really experienced the match situation and cannot holistically say what goes on in a players mind! It's the same difference between someone who studies leaders and who actually is one!

Well in your example, if i had lied about my credentials and said i knew this and can do it and on the job, tried to learn, no boss would be happy huh?

I have complete respect for Hasan Nisar. When i was a little teeny boy in 99 and 2000s, he wrote against the government and that was a time when you didn't hear anything bad about the government because TV/newspapers belonged to government. I felt like am i the only one that thinks the government isn't doing anything good and Hasan Nisar was there as the lone wolf speaking nobody else had the guts to. If he is now not a fan of government then he has a good reason. I don't know or care about Erdogan, ask Turkish people, there are people who think he has imposed himself upon Turkey and only Pakistanis view him in good lights. Turkey doesn't really love him like we do.

In this Sahiwal incident, i had hoped Imran Khan would be different. So much for hopes .

Do you really think these lone policemen had the courage to murder people on their own?. They fired on the orders of a higher up. How can the investigation be free when the people involved in this brutality are the ones investigating.

Now there are news that evidence is being removed. The bullets of victims aren't being semt to forensic, the car is cleaned up. Didn't i say this jit is a joke and a cover up?.

The first person that should have been removed was the head of CTD.

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Well in my opinion, there is not much a viewer can do to influence major media houses, some of which are huge, multi armed to generate income. Yes we can boycott the ones we don't like but not making much difference? They lose some and they gain some. The only impact a boycott would have is on the shows, to alter their ratings, on the basis of which the shows are renewed or cancelled. But then again, we will be punishing the stars of the show and not the network.
The other major tool , beside boycott, to punish or reward a network,, is advertising, a big chunk of which comes from the government.the second from private corporations. Many western governments now have laws to ensure an equitable distribution of advertising budget among the media, print or electronic. Yes off-course they have ways to play with it but not much. Public sector have their own guide-lines to follow, best rates from highly watched shows.
So in the end, I came to the same conclusion as you did, I don't really know how to chain this Giant!:LOL:

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well in your example, if i had lied about my credentials and said i knew this and can do it and on the job, tried to learn, no boss would be happy huh?

I have complete respect for Hasan Nisar. When i was a little teeny boy in 99 and 2000s, he wrote against the government and that was a time when you didn't hear anything bad about the government because TV/newspapers belonged to government. I felt like am i the only one that thinks the government isn't doing anything good and Hasan Nisar was there as the lone wolf speaking nobody else had the guts to. If he is now not a fan of government then he has a good reason. I don't know or care about Erdogan, ask Turkish people, there are people who think he has imposed himself upon Turkey and only Pakistanis view him in good lights. Turkey doesn't really love him like we do.

In this Sahiwal incident, i had hoped Imran Khan would be different. So much for hopes .

Do you really think these lone policemen had the courage to murder people on their own?. They fired on the orders of a higher up. How can the investigation be free when the people involved in this brutality are the ones investigating.

Now there are news that evidence is being removed. The bullets of victims aren't being semt to forensic, the car is cleaned up. Didn't i say this jit is a joke and a cover up?.

The first person that should have been removed was the head of CTD.

Agreed about lying part. But i think our disagreement is you think he's not performing and I think he's not only performing but super performing! I already gave you a sneak peak of economy and what a remarkable job they have done. Pick any other sector. Let's say foreign office. Just a year back, nobody gave any value to Pakistan. Forgot Sharif's humiliation in Saudia and WEF? Now Pakistan has a say in the world forum. It got Holland's cartoon issue resolved. A UN resolution passed on atrocities in Kashmir. You already know about the respect and investment it's getting in every foreign visit. For the first time multiple US representatives have visited Pakistan in a month and none has said DO MORE etc.

Pick Human Rights - For the first time Shelter homes are established for homeless. Woman is given rights to inheritance. Rights of disabled individuals are elevated. Social insurance program for medical is escalated etc. This is despite the fact that on average governments take about a year to present their first bills in the parliament!

If you are talking about fixing police, bureaucracy etc. Then fixing institutions take time! They need atleast 3-4 years. Even 6 months recovery in private sector is unheard of. When Asad Umer took over Engro it took him 4 years to move it from negative profits to positive profit (I don't remember the exact figures but I think it was ~$10 Million) And then it took him just another 4 years to make it a $1billion company. So, things take time. Malaysia toook 25 yrs under Mahatir to become a top 5 economy in Asia. Singapore took 20-25 years to get out of debt. Dubai started development works in late 80's. It has taken it 30years to be where it is now! China's direction was fixed in early 1980's etc...

So patience my friend! Fighting against Mafias is not easy and doesn't happen overnight. Watch Narcos or Godfather if you haven't yet! ;)

Again on the Sahiwal incidence, I think government has done an excellent job. I have never ever seen so speedy and this kind of response! Caught all the gunmen for the charge of murder who are now going to be trialed for phaansi and removed top 5 police officials from their posts within 3 days of the incident. And it was/is an excellent decision to conduct a thorough investigation instead of reacting quickly on media and public sentiments. Because public only sees the world in 2D, while the world is 4D. I know my school class fellow, a son of 22nd grade bureaucrat, a brother of Assistant commissioner of Islamabad, belonging to a wealthy family having petrol pumps all over islamabad was arrested for killing Minister of Minority affairs in PPP's tenure. Nobody in the family knew he was a high ranking official of TTP Punjab. And he confessed that he had murdered the minister. Similarly a son of retd. General was one of the killers of sohrab goth incident in Karachi. Nobody had a clue that it could be even possible! But it was the fact. So, they are doing an excellent job that despite public pressure, they need to investigate if and where they went wrong with this sahiwal thing while providing speedy justice.

Lastly, you are right about Erdogan. He is corrupt to his chin. But there is more to him. I don't know how close you are to Turkey and aware of Erdogan/Gulen history. But Erdogan is not of much interest to us. So i won't spend time on him.

Last edited: