EMAIL sent to CHIEF JUSTICE OF PAKISTAN

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Brothers and Sisters I have once again written an email to CJ highlighting some facts and problems in SC judgement on Karachi Situation. I know it is difficult to change things in Pakistan and it is very frustrating, but at least I try to highlight the problems and do my duty. Rest we can pray to Allah SWT that things change in Pakistan. I have absolutely no trust in people in Pakistan.

Honourable Chief Justice of Pakistan

My Lord I have read your recent judgement on the situation in Karachi with interest and a heavy heart. As I move along the decision my heart sank gradually.

It is so unfortunate that in the Judgement you specifically mentioned security reports and analysis that terrorists and criminals were trained in India and South Africa to commit crimes against the residents of Karachi, who were Pakistani nationals.

In your own words you have implicated two countries to export terrorism to Pakistan. The terrorist and criminal in question here is Ajmal Pahari. It is a common knowledge he belongs to MQM. But surprisingly in your judgement you have failed to apportion the blame on MQM for such subversive activities against the residents of Karachi and treason against the State of Pakistan.

No wonder, MQM politicians including the lawyer who represented MQM in the enquiry have already claimed they have triumphed and SC has accepted their point of view and versions of the events.

Similarly, Senator Faisal Raza Abidi umpteenth time is accusing the honourable court, placing the blame squarely on the shoulder of the Supreme Court of Pakistan for the failure to specify plans of action or the cures for the problems in Karachi.

Mr. Hanif Abbasi of PMLN in the same program “Off the record with Kashif Abbasi (6/10/11)” disclosed not for the first time that Mr. Abidi has to leave Karachi in desperation trying to save his life because his workers were killed by MQM. Mr. Abbasi in the past has also disclosed that Mr. Abidi has left Karachi because he received threats to his life and he cannot return to Karachi.

It is such a serious state of affairs that elected members from both houses of the Parliament are discussing such grave matters of criminal nature openly on national TV and still no action has been taken against anyone. Nor we could expect any action in the future. This is truly shocking, extremely serious, and alarming situation.

In your judgement you have named all the major players in Sind Government i.e. PPP, MQM and ANP. You also directed the Provincial and Federal Governments to take appropriate actions to safeguard the lives and properties of citizens of Pakistan.

My Lord, with greatest respect, the same three parties were responsible for the killings of thousands of citizens of Pakistan according to your comments in the judgement. How could you expect these parties to take any actions against themselves?

What about actions for the murder of thousands of innocent people who have already became victims of these criminals? Who would be doing justice to their families? Who is going to prosecute the culprits? Do you seriously think we should expect these parties you named as perpetrators to instigate actions and proceedings against their own people?

Especially when only a day before, one of the main culprit MQM has once again re-joined the PPP lead coalition Government in Federal and Sind Provincial Governments.

I can list many examples from the judgement but I am sure the point is already made. The sad reality is that thousands of Pakistanis are killed but no one wants to take the responsibilities. Not even the highest court in the land.

I thought we have left the “Doctrine of Necessity” behind. But sadly I was wrong. My heart bleeds for the families of thousands who have lost their lives. I have this sinking feelings all these criminals will go Scott-free as usual.

Pakistan truly has become a laughing stock in the world.

vicahmed99

Now i understand he's also a puppet who saved himself from the curse of MQM, PPP and ANP.

The judgement they have given everybody knows from the beginning.............. Now i understand there's no real justice in pakistan and everybody can be comprised.........Thank you Mr. Chief Justice for saving your valuable life.

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
mujha nahi pata kiss ko umeed thi is SC sai in ki poney teen saal ki performance ka baad bhe umeed hona bawakoofi he kahi ja saktee hai ... ya sab system baacha rahey hain ... woh system jis k through aasan hota hai insanon ko use karna aur ghulam banana kesi ko elite class k leya ... lawyers movement middle class based thi lakin CJ yakeenan elites ka he saath dey ga ... IK ko aaab lar ka he ya govt lani hogi ... SC sai mansoob tammam ummedain kar a abas he kahe ja saktee hain.

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
mujha nahi pata kiss ko umeed thi is SC sai in ki poney teen saal ki performance ka baad bhe umeed hona bawakoofi he kahi ja saktee hai ... ya sab system baacha rahey hain ... woh system jis k through aasan hota hai insanon ko use karna aur ghulam banana kesi ko elite class k leya ... lawyers movement middle class based thi lakin CJ yakeenan elites ka he saath dey ga ... IK ko aaab lar ka he ya govt lani hogi ... SC sai mansoob tammam ummedain kar a abas he kahe ja saktee hain.
na hi koi mantaqi faisla aaya nahi faisley ko na maneney walo par toheen ka case bana kyonke ch.iftikhar ka nazreeya e zaroorat iss corrupt system ko bachana tha aur hai aur nazreeya e zaroorat yeh bhi tha ke apni nokri poori karna .justice muneer 2nd

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Brothers and Sisters I have once again written an email to CJ highlighting some facts and problems in SC judgement on Karachi Situation. I know it is difficult to change things in Pakistan and it is very frustrating, but at least I try to highlight the problems and do my duty. Rest we can pray to Allah SWT that things change in Pakistan. I have absolutely no trust in people in Pakistan.

(clap)

specially ' My Lord, with greatest respect, the same three parties were responsible for the killings of thousands of citizens of Pakistan according to your comments in the judgement. How could you expect these parties to take any actions against themselves?'

wonderful

crankthskunk

Re: EMAIL sent to Haroon Rashid

I have forwarded my email to Haroon Rashid so our sentiments are known to the Journalists. I think we should let the Journalists know what we think about the Politicians, Journalists and Judiciary.

Mr. Rashid,

I write regularly on blogs and Pakistani websites. It is about time I keep constantly in touch with you to express my frustrations and of many like minded people of younger generation.

Today I have emailed CJ after the judgement on Karachisituation was released. You discussed it on Talat's program today. I hope you would find it useful. Please quote it in a TV program if you find it good. This way message could be relayed to Pakistani nation.

UKPakistani

Everyone here who is turning on the Chief Justice.

Let me say in all honesty and from the heart.

There is NO braver Pakistani than the CJ at present

People MUST appreciate that he was between the hardest Place and the biggest rock.
All the judiciary,

If any single Pakistani ANYWHERE in the world can come up with a better judgement using any world language then publish it based on ALL the evidence placed before the CJ in all the hearings, not YOU personal views from what you know have heard or read or seen on TV

So many forces, so much information, so many demands, so little backing or support, so little cooperation, nil honesty, total self interest from all representatives advocates and Counsel, so many expectations, like a magician, a single judgement to sort out all the ills of so many decades of a nation of a mere 180 million ?

Yeah Right ?

I salute you sir, for a judgement which asks for nothing but reconciliation on honourable terms for all, without the loss of a single life.

Mr Chief Justice and the rest of the Pak Judiciary a job well done.

Thank You, may you continue to find it in your hearts to do what your wisdom decides is best for the Country and the People you serve.

Thank you CJ Sir

Please give me a break.

The Court and the CJ are not magicians so expect no magic just honesty. Ask your hearts and souls is there a single INNOCENT PARTY TO THESE PROCEEDINGS ? What would be the point of blaming them all who is left to Govern or Answer ? This is a chance for them all to start again. I know the fools will screw it up, and then who will you all blame.

Last edited:

Zulfi Khan

The verdict did not identify the criminals who killed 5,000 innocent
persons at Karachi.Who is responsible for protecting people?The govt
of Pakistan is responsible for protecting the people of Pakistan.The Supreme
Court must mention in its verdict that Sindh and Federal Govt failed to do
their duties to protect People from criminals.

If the responsible authorities for protecting people are taken to task for
their negligence of their duties, they will identify the criminals.

ishwaq

Minister (2k+ posts)
the main problem is implementation of judgement ,previously SC pass so many judgement but government and other secretariat are not interested to impose judgement if SC pass harsh judgement than SC knows its not going to be impose unless they ask from army.lets hope fot best crankthskunk you did your duty and hope your email wont go to deaf ears.http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?p=546707#post546707

crankthskunk

Everyone here who is turning on the Chief Justice.

Let me say in all honesty and from the heart.

There is NO braver Pakistani than the CJ at present

People MUST appreciate that he was between the hardest Place and the biggest rock.
All the judiciary,

If any single Pakistani ANYWHERE in the world can come up with a better judgement using any world language then publish it based on ALL the evidence placed before the CJ in all the hearings, not YOU personal views from what you know have heard or read or seen on TV

So many forces, so much information, so many demands, so little backing or support, so little cooperation, nil honesty, total self interest from all representatives advocates and Counsel, so many expectations, like a magician, a single judgement to sort out all the ills of so many decades of a nation of a mere 180 million ?

Yeah Right ?

I salute you sir, for a judgement which asks for nothing but reconciliation on honourable terms for all, without the loss of a single life.

Mr Chief Justice and the rest of the Pak Judiciary a job well done.

Thank You, may you continue to find it in your hearts to do what your wisdom decides is best for the Country and the People you serve.

Thank you CJ Sir

Please give me a break.

The Court and the CJ are not magicians so expect no magic just honesty. Ask your hearts and souls is there a single INNOCENT PARTY TO THESE PROCEEDINGS ? What would be the point of blaming them all who is left to Govern or Answer ? This is a chance for them all to start again. I know the fools will screw it up, and then who will you all blame.

Brother, with due respect, I tend to disagree. CJ could be many things, but he is not certainly brave. Let me make my point clearer.

1- Karachi situation had been such for years, this suomoto should have been taken years ago. Why didn't he tackle the issue urgently years ago? Who would be responsible for the death of thousands of people, considering ever since the decision is taken the killings have petty much stopped? If the same decisions was taken few years back, wouldn't it saved the lives of thousands in Karachi?

2- In the judgement CJ has made it clear that he has accepted the reports given by the security agencies during the hearings. He also says that if links of Ajmal Pahari is proven with any party that party could face the prospect of treason charges.

3- He also written that one party is violating section of the Constitution, without naming the party. But in the judgement it is quite obvious he is referring to MQM. So why he didn't specify the name of one Party?

Lets look at some relevant evidence from the Judgement if he is not pointing towards MQM?

28. An impression has been created that on account of demographical reasons, the above issue has its origin on ethnic divides, but Mr. Abdul Hafeez Pirzada, Sr. ASC appearing for the Province of Sindh, and Syed Iftikhar Hussain Gillani, Sr. ASC for ANP vehemently dispelled such an impression and we also tend to agree with them because we feel that it is a turf war between various groups on account of their financial and economic interests in the huge economic, industrial and commercial activities, etc.

Some of the hardened criminals, who associate themselves with the political parties do take support of the powerful groups/political parties as is evident from the reports of the joint investigation team of various intelligence agencies including ISI and others. These reports have been filed by Syed Iftikhar Hussain Gillani, throwing sufficient light on the criminal activities of these heartless criminals such as Ajmal Pahari, Kamran Madhuri and many others. It is to be noted that the aforementioned JIT reports were prepared after causing arrests of various accused persons involved in the commission of offences this year in the month
of March.

29. It goes without saying that if the involvement of above accused persons allegedly aligned with a political party is established, it may entail serious consequences for said political party as well, because a political party cannot be formed or cannot operate in a manner prejudicial to the sovereignty or integrity of Pakistan.

30. It is important to note that the learned counsel representing various political parties have though not categorically denied affiliation of above noted persons with their parties, but have taken exception to the JIT report; on the ground that the same are not admissible in evidence. It is also important to note that during the discussion, it has been informed that two notorious accused persons, namely, Kamran Madhuri and Sohail Commander involved in criminal activities were not nominated in the FIRs, yet on arrest of one of them he has been found in injured condition.

31. 92 police officers/officials disappeared and up till now there is no clue of their whereabouts nor is it known that by whom, and under whose patronage, such persons were abducted
and/or killed.

4- SC wrote it tends to agree with the council for ANP and for Government of Sind i.e. PPP dispelled the impression created that it is communial or racial tension. If ANP and PPP are denying it to be race related troubles and SC agreeing with them, which major part is left out? Which party has its politics in race despite changing its name to "Qoumi"?

5- Then CJ named two hardened criminals i.e. Ajmal Pahari and Kamran Madhuri who are involved in these activities. Which party they belong to?

6- In twenty nine CJ writes if their involvement with a political party is established it would have serious consequences for that party, i.e. MQM, which should face charges of treason being against the sovereignty and integrity of Pakistan. In other words CJ is clearly saying these two people are against the sovereignty and integrity of Pakistan, i.e. traitors. Only thing is to to establish their link to the MQM.

7- But not surprisingly in the next para 30 that political parties have not denied their associations with these people but have only objected to JIT reports on the ground of their inadmissibility. In other words he himself has accepted that these people do belong to MQM and MQM have not denied their connection with the party, but only objected that the evidence is not admissible in a court of Law. But surprisingly SC has accepted the same JIT report. So, why double standards, if you are accepting and relying on these JIT report in your judgement, how could you say you also accept MQM argument on admissibility? If the highest court can accept these reports which other Court in Pakistan can reject these reports?

It is a contradiction. Therefore, CJ is not brave, he has deliberately left the muddle in the report because he didn't wanted to accept the responsibilities. In other words he want to let the murder of thousands of Pakistani nationals buried under the doctrine of necessity. This is the message I have given him in subtle way.

Let me point out another deliberate absurdity in this judgement. In point 31 CJ has raised the murder of 92 Police officers, who are murdered ever since last operation against MQM in Karachi. Everyone knows MQM vowed to take revenge and have killed these 92 officers in cold blood.

It means CJ knew very well the identity of this one party which is flaunting the Constitution and could face prospect of treason, but he is not brave enough to name the party, i.e. MQM.

UKPakistani

Brother, with due respect, I tend to disagree. CJ could be many things, but he is not certainly brave. Let me make my point clearer.

It means CJ knew very well the identity of this one party which is flaunting the Constitution and could face prospect of treason, but he is not brave enough to name the party, i.e. MQM.

I am not going to discuss all you say, but simply ask, is it really up to the CJ to resolve every issue everywhere in Pak, from bottles of alcohol, to murders in Sialkot, to Army Actions everywhere. Every single thing wrong in Pakistan is now to be resolved by ONE man, when those responsible for resolving the issues do nothing but hinder him at every corner in as many ways a possible.

So what happens if he says ALL PARTIES are liars thieves crooks bhatta khor murders, or even that some are. Where does that leave us, him or those parites, the Army the Police, the Rangers. He had to find a way where everyone could move forward. A blame game means death, more death, and even more death. If you were he, could you do that. Remember during Ramadan, when he went to Karachi, it was said senior Judges watched vids of the violence and cried. The weight on his shoulders is greater than any Chief Justice anywhere in the world, thats just a fact

Judges sit in Courts and make legal decisions, they do not run Countries, and fix broken ones, Governments do

crankthskunk

I am not going to discuss all you say, but simply ask, is it really up to the CJ to resolve every issue everywhere in Pak, from bottles of alcohol, to murders in Sialkot, to Army Actions everywhere. Every single thing wrong in Pakistan is now to be resolved by ONE man, when those responsible for resolving the issues do nothing but hinder him at every corner in as many ways a possible.

So what happens if he says ALL PARTIES are liars thieves crooks bhatta khor murders, or even that some are. Where does that leave us, him or those parites, the Army the Police, the Rangers. He had to find a way where everyone could move forward. A blame game means death, more death, and even more death. If you were he, could you do that. Remember during Ramadan, when he went to Karachi, it was said senior Judges watched vids of the violence and cried. The weight on his shoulders is greater than any Chief Justice anywhere in the world, thats just a fact

Judges sit in Courts and make legal decisions, they do not run Countries, and fix broken ones, Governments do

Nobody is asking him to resolve all the issues or take actions on them. But at least he should resolve the issues he take actions on. Is this a unreasonable expectation?

Secondly, read the verdict and specially 4 points I highlighted, CJ has contradicted himself big time in the verdict. So naturally it boils down to the courage to out MQM. Courage he didn't have, so he bottled it.
This is exactly the game of MQM. They bully and intimidate every one by using tactics of fear. If CJ and SC get intimidated from a party and its leaders, then who is going to stand up to these killers?

You mean to say, for the sake of some people or party murder of thousands of people should be forgotten?
This is not exactly the job of Justices to hand out the punishment to the culprits?

Can you say the samething for the judges in the UK? You and I both know we cannot even ignore a judgement of a small town magistrate or we risk going to jail. That's why in my previous email to CJ I compared him to a small town magistrate in the UK, who is not even legally qualified person. I hope he got my drift. Pakistan is truly on a wrong path.

InsafianPTI

Minister (2k+ posts)

1- Karachi situation had been such for years, this suomoto should have been taken years ago. Why didn't he tackle the issue urgently years ago? Who would be responsible for the death of thousands of people, considering ever since the decision is taken the killings have petty much stopped? If the same decisions was taken few years back, wouldn't it saved the lives of thousands in Karachi?

2- In the judgement CJ has made it clear that he has accepted the reports given by the security agencies during the hearings. He also says that if links of Ajmal Pahari is proven with any party that party could face the prospect of treason charges.

3- He also written that one party is violating section of the Constitution, without naming the party. But in the judgement it is quite obvious he is referring to MQM. So why he didn't specify the name of one Party?

Lets look at some relevant evidence from the Judgement if he is not pointing towards MQM?

4- SC wrote it tends to agree with the council for ANP and for Government of Sind i.e. PPP dispelled the impression created that it is communial or racial tension. If ANP and PPP are denying it to be race related troubles and SC agreeing with them, which major part is left out? Which party has its politics in race despite changing its name to "Qoumi"?

5- Then CJ named two hardened criminals i.e. Ajmal Pahari and Kamran Madhuri who are involved in these activities. Which party they belong to?

6- In twenty nine CJ writes if their involvement with a political party is established it would have serious consequences for that party, i.e. MQM, which should face charges of treason being against the sovereignty and integrity of Pakistan. In other words CJ is clearly saying these two people are against the sovereignty and integrity of Pakistan, i.e. traitors. Only thing is to to establish their link to the MQM.

7- But not surprisingly in the next para 30 that political parties have not denied their associations with these people but have only objected to JIT reports on the ground of their inadmissibility. In other words he himself has accepted that these people do belong to MQM and MQM have not denied their connection with the party, but only objected that the evidence is not admissible in a court of Law. But surprisingly SC has accepted the same JIT report. So, why double standards, if you are accepting and relying on these JIT report in your judgement, how could you say you also accept MQM argument on admissibility? If the highest court can accept these reports which other Court in Pakistan can reject these reports?

It is a contradiction. Therefore, CJ is not brave, he has deliberately left the muddle in the report because he didn't wanted to accept the responsibilities. In other words he want to let the murder of thousands of Pakistani nationals buried under the doctrine of necessity. This is the message I have given him in subtle way.

Let me point out another deliberate absurdity in this judgement. In point 31 CJ has raised the murder of 92 Police officers, who are murdered ever since last operation against MQM in Karachi. Everyone knows MQM vowed to take revenge and have killed these 92 officers in cold blood.

brilliant, and point no 7 is the core of your allegation and clearly shows the failure and incomplete judgement by SC.
This judgement is a joke to this nation and a mockery to those who have been killed.

I expected better from CJ and I don't know on what bases Imran Khan praises him so much.
Complete disappointment:(

UKPakistani

Nobody is asking him to resolve all the issues or take actions on them. But at least he should resolve the issues he take actions on. Is this a unreasonable expectation?

Secondly, read the verdict and specially 4 points I highlighted, CJ has contradicted himself big time in the verdict. So naturally it boils down to the courage to out MQM. Courage he didn't have, so he bottled it.
This is exactly the game of MQM. They bully and intimidate every one by using tactics of fear. If CJ and SC get intimidated from a party and its leaders, then who is going to stand up to these killers?

You mean to say, for the sake of some people or party murder of thousands of people should be forgotten?
This is not exactly the job of Justices to hand out the punishment to the culprits?

Can you say the samething for the judges in the UK? You and I both know we cannot even ignore a judgement of a small town magistrate or we risk going to jail. That's why in my previous email to CJ I compared him to a small town magistrate in the UK, who is not even legally qualified person. I hope he got my drift. Pakistan is truly on a wrong path.

I honestly do agree with most of what you say. I am not sure how he can out MQM any more than it is outed already. Whatever he decided people would have taken the best and that which suited them and rejected the rest, and who in all honesty is abiding and enforcing previous decisions ?

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

I have been saying from the day one that SC is totally corrupt, no hope of justice from CJ.

what he actually meant was:

دیکھو بھائی ! میں منے بڑا ہی گول مول رولنگ دی ہے اب تو خوش ہو؟ اب مجھ پر خودکش حملے کی ضرورت نہیں ہے

crankthskunk

I honestly do agree with most of what you say. I am not sure how he can out MQM any more than it is outed already. Whatever he decided people would have taken the best and that which suited them and rejected the rest, and who in all honesty is abiding and enforcing previous decisions ?

ahaan, exactly that's why I compared him to a small town Magistrate in the UK and said he is worst than an unqualified person in the UK. A magistrate would make sure his decisions are implemented or the offenders are sent to the Jail. While our CJ is powerless after passing his Judgments and decisions. [hilar][hilar][hilar]

Who is stopping him to send the culprits who do not implement his decisions to the Jail? I wrote he should call Gilani personally to the SC and send him to Jail for contempt of the Court.
Once Gilani is convicted, he would not be eligible and qualify to hold the office of the PM.
If I was CJ, I would have jailed PM on first disobedience of my decisions.
But now CJ's decisions have not been implemented so many times, he and SC have lost the respect and clout to implement its decisions.

No wonder I call CJ a coward.