Why Mullah Umer had refused the USA handing over Usama

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Non-Pashtuns will not understand the basic tenets of Pushtuns, Melmastia[ which means hospitality]. nanwatai [which means giving protection to any who asks you] Hazrat Mulla Omar was an Pushtun of integrity having a superb belief in Islam and with a superb willpower and belief in way of Pushtuns. He chose the honorable way irespective of the costs. He even asked the Yanks whether the evidence they had could OBL be prosecuted in an American court. The reply was in negative.
I grew up surrounded with pashtoon, worked with them so I know much more about pashtoons and their traditions and culture than your average joe. And to me turning your country into a bombed out shithole over one person, really isn't smart.

And for anyone who really isn't familiar these concepts like nanwati watch an old movie from the 80s called beast of war. One of if not my all time favourite war movie

Respect

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
what i do not understand why Osama was not brought in front of media?

If i were leader of Afghanistan, i would have asked Osama first, if he said NO then i would request him to do a press conference with making promises that he had nothing to do with it, and he denounces these kind of notorious acts