Why India will beat Pakistan too - BY Ian Chappel

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
love1.jpg

There's good reason to believe that India, who conquered Australia yesterday, have sharper tools to triumph over Pakistan in the semi-final on Wednesday

Here's why India are tipped to beat Pakistan in the semi-final at Mohali on Wednesday:

Settled look
First of all, I'd say Pakistan have played two very disciplined games (vs Australia and West Indies) and I am not sure they can string three together. Pakistan's bowling is very good. I thought South Africa and Australia had the best attacks in the competition, but now I will say South Africa and Pakistan have the best attacks.

So, it will be an interesting battle where you will see the strong Indian batting versus the might of the Pakistan bowling.

But ever since India promoted R Ashwin in the side, I feel as though Mahendra Singh Dhoni has his attack lined up so he gets some good match-ups.

The Indian attack has improved enormously with the inclusion of Ashwin.

Bowling vs batting
In the end, it will come down to the two lesser skills each of the two teams have got - i.e India's bowling and Pakistan's batting. India's bowling is stronger than the Pakistan batting which I think is quite wobbly - not just the middle order. The top order as well.
Calm leadership
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a much more calmer leader than Shahid Afridi. You always get the feeling that Afridi is going to do something out of the ordinary and a bit that will damage his team.
I thought Dhoni had a good game in the field against Australia. He summed up the situation very well; kept looking for wickets all the way through. He is a very calming influence and boy, Indian needed some of that on Thursday.
Some of that running between wickets was something that they won't want to repeat against Pakistan. Dhoni is a much more calmer leader than Shahid Afridi.
You always get the feeling that Afridi is going to do something out of the ordinary and a bit that will damage his team. As I said earlier, Pakistan's last two games have been very disciplined but you always feel it won't take much to panic.
Pakistan will have problems because Afridi is not the kind of calming influence as Dhoni is. For me, the danger is that this match will be their final - Pakistan vs India and whichever team wins this, might be absolutely drained going into the final. But that is something to worry about down the line. You have to win the semi-final first, but I think Dhoni's calmness is a big advantage
to India.
Pressure soakers
India is better equipped to deal with the pressure surrounding the India vs Pakistan label to the game. That's mainly because of Dhoni and his calmness is a big advantage to India. Pakistan will have problems because Afridi is not the kind of calming influence as his opposite number.
When you guide your team through tough situations, that builds confidence in the team. Once the team believes that the captain can do some good things, then they (good things) tend to happen.

Smart in the field
The inclusion of Suresh Raina has made a big difference to the Indian fielding. I am not sure which way they'll go in terms of combination for the next game, but Raina has to hold his place with the way he performed against Australia. India did a good job particularly since it was so hot.
There was a lot of talk earlier in the tournament about India's fielding and lack of fitness in hot weather but they showed otherwise yesterday.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
We can give a counter argument on each of his point except calmness of Dhoni vs Afridi but let me just say that Ian Chappel is looking for a position in Indian cricket so what else could he write.

He has a problem with Afridi anyway, he does not like his victory stance and wants him to follow Lee's Kangroo style, wonder what style will India follow if he is employed in Indian cricket, Hanuman probably....

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
Ian Chappel himself loser of 1975 world cup. What chappel's analysis can do, If God decides to give victory to Pakistan.

Pakistani92

Senator (1k+ posts)
I read his article before the world cup and he even didn't mention Pakistan in the top five teams to be in the Semi final or final........

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
We can easily DUMP Ian Chappel's opinion into the garbage bin. He was also the one who did not include Pakistan in the top 5 favourites to reach semi-finals and look what happened. Pakistan was the first team to qualify for semi-finals.

If Allah will, Pakistan Insh'Allah will win the semi-final against India and would also go all the way winning the World Cup 2011.

I would request Pakistani team along with their supporters to stay humble and do not show any arrogance. Pakistani team should give their 100% and then leave rest to Allah.

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
Ian you bet on India and I bet on Pakistan. let's see who wins? how about that buddy. Sometime being calm makes you lady and laidback and being excited makes you motivated. Pakistan is a monkey with a blade in his hand...you watchout...we will either peel our own face or the face of indian team. I am betting, we will peel theirs....lol

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
England, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and Australia are looking good. Form suggests the semis will be India v Sri Lanka and Australia v South Africa "

Said IAN CHAPPEL

http://www.kalam.tv/ur/video/63660/index.html

looks like 3 of the above 5 teams wont make to semis, as NZ is also in good position to beat SA.

He is the same guy who called Afridi, an IDIOT. This so called idiot is the highest wicket taker in the world cup. Go Figure....

Chappel should better keep his mouth shut, because he is making fool of himself.

Last edited:

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Ian Chappel himself loser of 1975 world cup. What chappel's analysis can do, If God decides to give victory to Pakistan.

Would you please explain me WHY Would GOD choose Only Pakistan to give victory? Other nations don't have god? GOD is for every one and not only for Pakistan..
Why do you bring GOD in cricket??????? Why do you want to bring god in any sporting event?????? Keep GOD away from this....Keep religion away from cricket.

As Indian skipper MS Dhoni rightly said yesterday, This is Just another World cup semi final and we all should enjoy watching it. nothing more than that. So stop this now!!!!!!

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
in the initial line Ian Chapel says India has beaten Australia.why did he forgot that because Pakistan had beaten Australia and due to that defeat Australian moral went down and they could not face India. that's why Indian's had an easy victory. rest all other arguments r just assumptions. lets wait and see what comes up on 30.they r just not considering Pakistan bating line.if any 2 or 3 players performed well in batting,it will be very very difficult for Indian's to win.may Allah grant our team, nation and Pakistan more respect and honor by rewarding us victory.Aameen

mmalihk

MPA (400+ posts)
If Allah will, Pakistan Insh'Allah will win the semi-final against India and would also go all the way winning the World Cup 2011.

hassam

MPA (400+ posts)
I am glad he is not expecting much from our team. I hope they do not come up to his expectations as usual.

riverblue

MPA (400+ posts)
regarding pakistan ian chappel is always in attack mode........ its sickening to see his endless tirade against pakistan..... he has the right to give opinions but doesnt have to be malicious about it... he suffers endlessly from malice!

sayeenwada

Councller (250+ posts)
Let the pressure be on India to beat Pakistan....However, let me just say that the way India only tied with England, lost to SA and barely got away with it against Ireland is hardly anything to be proud off. Moreover, had pointing not gotten stuck with Tait, Australia would've won that game....On the other hand, if Kamran Akmal and a few others have not gambled away the game, Pakistan will handsomely beat India as it's really no comparison keeping in mind the bowling and the talent Pakistan posses.

nomi304

Minister (2k+ posts)
we not care any thing we will be win against india and will be prove PAKISTANI NO1 NATION in the world

abidfarooq

Councller (250+ posts)
INSHA ALAH PAKISTAN WILL WIN THIS WORLD CUP NOT ONLY SEMI FINAL. ALHAMMDULILAH PAKISTAN HAVE VERY GOOD BOWLING ATTACK. AND NOW WE ALSO HAVE VERY GOOD BATTING SIDE. WE SHOW YOU ON 30TH MARCH. JUST NEED LITTILE WAIT.Ashwin IS A ORDANARY BOWLER. PAKISTANI BATSMEN PLAY VERY WELL AGAINST SPIN. SO WE MUST WIN THIS SEMI FINAL INSAH ALAH

pakiace

Banned
Ian chappel's reason to give advantage to india are based on captaincy his analysis are depiction of captain vs captain, what more can be said to prove this theory of excellence in captaincy wrong when ricky ponting failed to conquer dhoni and Boom boom, afridi v sangakara still if they want to compare in cricket its not just temperament its RESULTS afridi 21 wickets in 9 matches vs dhoni not even a 100 in 9 simply ridicules IAN'S THEORY :)

I can bet pakistan will restrict india within 200 or 220 which is an excellent chasing score in mohali
and inshAllah we will win - WC was in pakistan only for 13 hours for our players to just see and not even touch, hosting was snatched away from us because of BCCI and ICC

I wish to slap nation of billions when pakistani flag will be raised on indian SOIL - 5 MORE DAYS TO GO - INSHALLAH INSHALLAH

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
We can give a counter argument on each of his point except calmness of Dhoni vs Afridi but let me just say that Ian Chappel is looking for a position in Indian cricket so what else could he write.

He has a problem with Afridi anyway, he does not like his victory stance and wants him to follow Lee's Kangroo style, wonder what style will India follow if he is employed in Indian cricket, Hanuman probably....

:lol::lol:
Lets call it Lee's ballerina style!!
We dont need a defensive Dhoni as captain, we need an aggressive captain as Afridi is and is doing so well.

Chappell is an idiot filled with spite against Pakistan

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Chappel do not see the paper strength, look at today's match and decide who is going to win ........... it is all about the faith in winning the match not the strength .............. and we and our team have faith in ALLAH and in ourselves that Yes we will going to beat damn Indians in the contest ................. It is a battle of DO & DIE .............. and Pakistanis ALWAYS love to play and win in pressures .............. have you forgotten the word cup 1992 ................. and AFRIDI is not patient and he pays with emotions and heart and yes we can fight even without having swords, because we have such hearts and we know how to fight........... you do no win wars and battles with the weapons and equipments but with emotions and hearts and eager to win ....... and do not forget if Pakistanis aim that they have to win no one can beat us except the power of ALLAH .................