WHERE IS IFTIKHAR CHAUDHRY ?

Syd

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Hmm.. just re-visiting this topic for a status check ?

Has Iftikhar Chaudhry done anything yet? .... oh yes he controlled the price of sugar ....

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
Syd said:
People hoped that he would address NRO after being reinstated.... BUT :evil: ..... after all it was all about getting his job back ... what a shame . So many people lost their lives and millions of Rs were lost for what ? one man's job ... Iftikhar Chaudhry's job... justice or NOT

:lol:
YOU ARE STRANGE. YOU NEVER SUPPORTED CJ REINSTATION. AND YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE TO EXPECT JUSTICE FROM HIM. DON'T WORRY, NOV 28 IS NOT FAR. BE PATIENT.

mowlajaat

Voter (50+ posts)
CJ and the pathetic Penguins you call lawyers are virtually all crooks, and, corrupt individuals. Did anyone see that pathetic moron Kurd the other day on the talk show? He admitted that he looks the other way..

Adlyaa is Azaad is horrifically laughable statementThere is no JUSTICE in Pakistan at any level. The constitution is flawed and restricts (thanks to the mullaa brought on with the help of the first Jamhoori dictator Mr. Bhutto) the most basic fundamental human rights Moreover, when you become an ethically corrupt society, appease mullaa and their madrassa terror factories as well as commit fraud on a daily basis---you think you will bring about real jamhooriat or goodness from within?

No Sir! You will continue to suffer as you as a society lack ethics and have no concept of basic fundamental human rights and justice for all. Dont bran this CJ or the Circus in Islamabad jamhooriat look what you have done to yourselves

Chaudhry_1960

Minister (2k+ posts)
Looks like Chief Justice of Pakistan is yet to play any significant role, people are now talking about him as Nawaz Sharif's Chief Justice and some people also say that he is playing a nice guy with govt since he met the Prime Minister Yusuf Raza.

Key characters of Lawyer movement are not supporting CJ anymore except Aitzaz Ahsan who has been the most suspicious person during this whole time.

Chief Justice kab aao gey mulk kay kissi kaam

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Syd said:
People hoped that he would address NRO after being reinstated.... BUT :evil: ..... after all it was all about getting his job back ... what a shame . So many people lost their lives and millions of Rs were lost for what ? one man's job ... Iftikhar Chaudhry's job... justice or NOT

Actually, despite that everybody is dissing you, my heart tells me I must stand with you. I share your comments in that CJ has nothing but been a mauqa parast.

dont forget that he is also a byproduct of this corrupt and lost nation. Whats there to say that he is immune from it. We already know he broken the law few times - he has received lots in Islamabad on his influence, he is abusing his power to obtain automobile that is beyond the govt allowed cc, his vehicles are being used for his family purposes etc. the list goes on.

1. Do you remember the case of murdered Christian young girl (name was Shazia I think) from Lahore. She was an employee at the residence of a famous lawyer. There was so much uproar about it in media - but the CJ did not take any suo moto on this. Why? because the case would have been against one of his cronies - a lawyer. Has the right of a minority been broken?

2. Do you remember that 2 dozen lawyers on the lawn of the supreme court disturbing the peace? One of the lawyer took of his shoe and hit the lone police officer and others joined him?

These are the events that I have witnessed on TV. NO SUO MOTO. But the CJ was very quick in taking suo moto against that woman in KhyberPakhtoonkhwa who is a clerk and stashed illegal money. do you see a bizarre pattern here that sup moto is being applied to only selective cases, depends on which case he doesn't like.

I know some of you will be upset even more by reading this but stop and think and try to refute what I wrote. These are all facts, I watched them on TV. CJ is as corrupt as anybody else. He is no farishata....

if he wanted he could easily asked one of his crony lawyers to file a petition to rule on article 248 - immunity to the president but he hasnt done yet. And dont tell me it would help if he does so 6 months before Zardari term is over

conclusion: the entire panel of judges is totally corrupt with the difference that Pakistanis have invested too much undue trust and respect in them

Sorry if it was contempt of court, but in an Islamic law, khalifa is allowed to be criticized.

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
All for those who talk about "free judiciary" judiciary is not free but judges are reinstated so the movement of judiciary was not about freedom of judiciary but restoration of judges....Free judiciary was just use for politics the reality was they were just reinstating judges for political gains and nothing else...

gazoomartian

YAHYA87 said:
All for those who talk about "free judiciary" judiciary is not free but judges are reinstated so the movement of judiciary was not about freedom of judiciary but restoration of judges....Free judiciary was just use for politics the reality was they were just reinstating judges for political gains and nothing else...
[clap]
well said, totally agreed

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Syd said:
If he "eventually" gets to NRO say after 4-5 years, whats the point then ? people of Pakistan will be so miserable they will not even remember NRO. He should have courage to go after big fish right away after all he is the strongest Chief justice in the history unless he got his job back after making a deal with Zardari and our other friends. No other actions matter untill he goes after NRO because every Dakoo and criminal was benefited from NRO, like Zardari, PPP, MQM, ANP, PML etc etc

In my humble opinion it's a usefull topic to discuss for the people who supported him. :roll:

btw the admin of the board should stay impartial

What, if I may ask will the decisions regarding the NRO do for the benefit of a common man in Pakistan? No doubt they will serve an excellent purpose in the dispensing of justice and maybe retard the rampant corruption among the top echelons of our government, and that matter should be solved with utmost care and indepth study. Hasty decisions do not play the part that we expect from them. I am sure CJ is aware of the expectations but he has to do things in a way so that wrong doers do not get the benefit of doubt.

Pakistani1947

gazoomartian said:
Syd said:

conclusion: the entire panel of judges is totally corrupt with the difference that Pakistanis have invested too much undue trust and respect in them

Gazoo Bhai,

I agree 100% with your analysis!

Pakistanis are the easiest prey (????) and Politicians are aware of it.

gazoomartian

Pakistani1947 said:
gazoomartian said:
Syd said:

Gazoo Bhai,

I agree 100% with your analysis!

Pakistanis are the easiest prey (????) and Politicians are aware of it.

I look at things differently. without bragging, people see satah (surface) I look at the tah (bottom), they look at manzar, I look at the pas-e-manzar. that's the way I am

Chaudhry_1960

Minister (2k+ posts)
One more thing I would like to add is, the reference by Parvez Musharraf against CJ is still alive and has not been cleared, according to that refernce his son was illegally admitted to medical college on foreigner's quota, later hired in health ministry and withing 3 months tranferred to FIA as an assistant director... Assistant Director in FIA could mean atleast Rs 2 to 5 lakh per month in bribes.

[pk flag] btw, as far as I know poor Syd who started this thread was banned from the forum after this thread maybe he still is, Syd are you still in the forum please respond as other members like me would like to know how much freedom of speech is allowed on this forum. [pk flag]

gazoomartian

shaheedchoudry said:
Syd said:

YOU ARE STRANGE. YOU NEVER SUPPORTED CJ REINSTATION. AND YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE TO EXPECT JUSTICE FROM HIM. DON'T WORRY, NOV 28 IS NOT FAR. BE PATIENT.

If i dont vote for a party, I should not expect that party to perform well?

That's ridiculous comment, isnt it?

thepearl

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ Jurry

I know your actual problem, you are worried with 25,000 murder cases against MQM.

Do you think DOGAR was better then Iftikahr Chaudhery????????????????????

1.Who is still fighting against NRO.?????? Iftikahr Chaudhery

2.One Billion Dollars LNG scam case.

3.SCP orders submission of Swiss cases report by 5th April.

4 Supreme Court (SC) approved the appeal filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to restore the reference against Amir Lodhi, an accomplice in Augusta Submarine commission scam,

5The Supreme Court issued on Monday contempt of court notices to five bureaucrats over reinstatement and promotion of NAB convicted official, while it also issued notice to acting NAB chairman and sought clearance from him regarding non-implementation of verdict on NRO today (Tuesday).
Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry said that we will implement the verdict on our own and we do not need to summon other institutions under article-190.

6 The Supreme Court released on Tuesday its detailed judgment on petitions against the controversial National Reconciliation Ordinance.

7 = The Supreme Court has cancelled the lease of five acre land in Karachi and directed Army Welfare Trust to handover this land to the city district government to use it for the children park.A three member bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry in a short order has given three months to the Army Welfare Trust to vacate this land. The court declared that this land was originally allocated for setting up a children park, therefore, it should be used for this purpose.

8 - The Supreme Court has ordered a wholesale giant in Karachi to close down its huge commercial outlet in the Lines Area in three months and restore the 4.9 acres of land on which the structure was built to its original status of a playground.

9 - SC Short Order on NRO Case.
Full text of SC short order on Constitution Petition Nos. 76 to 80 of 2007 & 59/2009 and Civil Appeal No. 1094 of 2009 and HRC Nos.14328-P to 14331-P & 15082-P OF 2009

10. The Supreme Court of Pakistan has declared National reconciliation ordinance (NRO) unconstitutional. Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry announced the verdict of 17 member larger bench of Supreme Court late Wednesday night.

11. Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry said court would announce the short order about NRO cases at 4:30 pm. During hearing of petitions against NRO, Chief Justice said even parliament has no right to change basic structure of constitution. In accordance to oath, we are committed to safeguard constitution. Earlier, chief justice has warned Chairman NAB Naveed Ahsan about stern action if something false detected in the list.

12. Supreme Court (SC) has ordered, that sugar will be sold out at the retail price of Rs 40 per kilogram till final decision is pronounced. .

13: The Supreme Court proposed on Thursday that a separate commission be formed to set the prices of sugar across the country, sought comments from all parties involved, and ordered the sale of sugar at Rs 40 a kilogramme until the final report by the proposed commission.

14: Declaring former president Pervez Musharrafs action of declaring emergency rule on Nov 3, 2007, as not condonable, the Supreme Court has said that illegal acts will always remain illegal even if not challenged in a court, in the streets or in the political arena.

16: The Supreme Court restrained the government on Monday from raising power tariff, pending a decision on a case and summoned a fortnight break-up of energy generation cost.

17: The Supreme Court has taken suo moto notice of the governments decision to raise electricity tariffs despite intermittent supply.

Jury

@thepearl

It is MQM,
by virtue of which, NRO not became a reality.
As far is cases is concerned. NRO didn come because of MQM.
MQM is the hoi polloi of the Pakistan.
If MQM afraid of the fake cases, they would bow in front of all in all of Pakistan, long long time ago.
1) MQM won the Major Kaleem Case.
2) MQM won Hakeem Saeed Case.
3) MQM won Jinnah Pur Case.
Only 10% of cases are remaining.

http://www.dawn.com/2007/03/21/nat2.htm
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkfj2rRENl4[/video]

thepearl

Minister (2k+ posts)
Jury said:
@thepearl

It is MQM,
by virtue of which, NRO not became a reality.
As far is cases is concerned. NRO didn come because of MQM.
MQM is the hoi polloi of the Pakistan.
If MQM afraid of the fake cases, they would bow in front of all in all of Pakistan, long long time ago.
1) MQM won the Major Kaleem Case.
2) MQM won Hakeem Saeed Case.
3) MQM won Jinnah Pur Case.
Only 10% of cases are remaining.

http://www.dawn.com/2007/03/21/nat2.htm
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkfj2rRENl4[/video]

@ JURRY
MQM is opportunist, everybody knows this. When they see it clearly that CJ will declear null & void the NRO they started saying we dont support NRO, But still they are part of a NRO based Government. (Your Actions Do not support your WORDS.) (MUnafiq). clear

2. if NRO was not MQM centered, then why they set a period of 1985-1999. ( We never hear any voice of MQM against NRO when musharrf was planning & issuing this NRO).

3. NRO was issed for 90 days, keep this in mind Benazir never approch any court to claim any relief of NRO, YES IT WAS MQM ONLY WHO APPROCH COURTS TO CLAIM RELIEF OF DIRTY NRO!...........CLEAR..............(AS I SAID YOUR ACTIONS DONT SUPPORT YOUR WORDS, PAKISTANI PEOPLE DO HAVE EYES.)

Chaudhry_1960

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think CJ Iftikhar Chaudhry needs to do more. He has not accomplished any of the expected goals in almost two years. NRO case has no impact if Supreme Court cannot sentence the criminals.

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This thread should be titled "WHERE IS GOVERNANCE?"
Iftikhar Chaudhry is not ruling Pakistan. He is a judge and is doing whatever he can. The courts are not taking any summer vacations.
Can't you see what your president and other government officials are doing with court rulings?
A man is convicted by the court and is pardoned by the president without any delay. Can you imagine any worse governance?

ehsanali

MPA (400+ posts)
He is visiting Taliban leaders in Fata.He taking money to release terrorist captured by army during operation.