When all the Muslim follow one and the same Quran then why are there so many sects and different sch

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Question: When all the Muslim follow one and the same Qur’an then why are there so many sects and different schools of thoughts among Muslims?

Answer:

1. Muslims Should be United

It is a fact that Muslims today, are divided amongst themselves. The tragedy is that such divisions are not endorsed by Islam at all. Islam believes in fostering unity amongst its followers.

The Glorious Qur’an says:
"And hold fast, All together, by the rope Which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;"[Al-Qur'an 3:103]​

Which is the rope of Allah that is being referred to in this verse? It is the Glorious Qur’an. The Glorious Qur’an is the rope of Allah which all Muslims should hold fast together. There is double emphasis in this verse. Besides saying ‘hold fast all together’ it also says, ‘be not divided’.
Qur’an further says,

"Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger"
[Al-Qur'an 4:59]

All the Muslim should follow the Qur’an and authentic Ahadith and be not divided among themselves.

2. It is Prohibited to make sects and divisions in Islam

The Glorious Qur'an says :

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ فَرَّقُوا دِينَهُمْ وَكَانُوا شِيَعًا لَّسْتَ مِنْهُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ ۚ إِنَّمَا أَمْرُهُمْ إِلَى اللَّهِ ثُمَّ يُنَبِّئُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَفْعَلُونَ
Yusuf Ali 159: As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did. [Al-Qur'an 6:159]
جنہوں نے اپنے دین کو ٹکڑے ٹکڑے کر دیا اور کئی جماعتیں بن گئے تیرا ان سے کوئی تعلق نہیں اس کا کام الله ہی کے حوالے ہے پھر وہی انہیں بتلائے گا جو کچھ وہ کرتے تھے

In this verse Allah (swt) says that one should disassociate oneself from those who divide their religion and break it up into sects.
But when one asks a Muslim, "who are you?", the common answer is either ‘I am a Sunni, or ‘I am a Shia’. Some call themselves Hanafi, or Shafi or Maliki or Humbali. Some say ‘I am a Deobandi’, while some others say ‘I am a Barelvi’.

3. Our Prophet was a Muslim
One may ask such Muslims, "Who was our beloved prophet (pbuh)? Was he a Hanafi or a Shafi, or a Humbali or a Maliki?" No! He was a Muslim, like all the other prophets and messengers of Allah before him.
It is mentioned in chapter 3 verse 52 of Al-Qur’an that Jesus (pbuh) was a Muslim.

Further, in chapter 3 verse 67, Al-Qur’an says that Ibrahim (pbuh) was not a Jew or a Christian but was a Muslim.

4. Qur'an says call yourselves Muslim

If anyone poses a Muslim the question who are you, he should say "I am a MUSLIM, not a Hanafi or a Shafi". Surah Fussilat chapter 41 verse 33 says

Who is better in speech Than one who calls (men) To Allah, works righteousness, And says, ‘I am of those Who bow in Islam (Muslim)?"
[Al-Qur'an 41:33]

The Qur'an says "Say I am of those who bow in Islam". In other words, say, "I am a Muslim".

The Prophet (pbuh) dictated letters to non-Muslim kings and rulers inviting them to accept Islam. In these letters he mentioned the verse of the Qur’an from Surah Ali Imran chapter 3 verse 64:

Say ye: "Bear witness That we (at least) Are Muslims (bowing
To Allah's Will)."[Al-Qur'an 3:64]

5. Respect all the Great Scholars of Islam

We must respect all the great scholars of Islam, including the four Imaams, Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Shafi, Imam Humbal and Imam Malik (may Allah be pleased with them all). They were great scholars and may Allah reward them for their research and hardwork. One can have no objection if someone agrees with the views and research of Imam Abu Hanifa or Imam Shafi, etc. But when posed a question, 'who are you?', the reply should only be 'I am a Muslim'.

6. Some may argue by quoting the hadith of our beloved Prophet from Sunan Abu Dawood Hadith No. 4579. In this hadith the prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said, "My community will be split up into seventy-three sects."
This hadith reports that the prophet predicted the emergence of seventy-three sects. He did not say that Muslims should be active in dividing themselves into sects. The Glorious Qur’an commands us not to create sects. Those who follow the teachings of the Qur’an and Sahih Hadith, and do not create sects are the people who are on the true path.
According to Tirmidhi Hadith No. 171, the prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said, "My Ummah will be fragmented into seventy-three sects, and all of them will be in Hell fire except one sect." The companions asked Allah"s messenger which group that would be. Where upon he replied, "It is the one to which I and my companions belong."

The Glorious Qur’an mentions in several verses, "Obey Allah and obey His Messenger". A true Muslim should only follow the Glorious Qur’an and the Sahih Hadith. He can agree with the views of any scholar as long as they conform to the teachings of the Qur'an and Sahih Hadith. If such views go against the Word of Allah, or the Sunnah of His Prophet, then they carry no weight, regardless of how learned the scholar might be.

If only all Muslims read the Qur’an with understanding and adhere to Sahih Hadith, Inshallah most of these differences would be solved and we could be one united Muslim Ummah

Last edited:

Pakistani1947

Next Question: In the light of above Quraanic verses if someone wants to unit Muslim under one flag of Quraan and Sunnat pbuh (authentic Hadeeth), would that be considered as creating sectarianism?

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
same thing i posted in other thread

01_00.gif

student

Senator (1k+ posts)
munafa'at eik hay es kaum ka nuksaan bhee eik
eik hay sab ka nabi deen bhee, eman bhee eik
haram e paak bhee, Allah bhee Quran bhee eik
kuch bari baat thi hotay jo muslman bhee eik
firka bandi hay kahi aur kahi zatain hain
kiya zamanay mai panapnay ki yahi batain hian?
jawab e Shikwa (Allama Iqbal)

میں نے اس بارے بہت سوچا اور پھر عقل سے فیصلہ کیا کہ میرا کوئی فرقہ نہی۔ خاندان میں شرک کو تو ویسے ھی ناپسند کیا جاتا تھا۔ قبروں پر مزاروں پر جانا پیری فقیری مریدی کے سب خلاف تھے۔ جو شرک نہ کرے اسے وھابی کے نام سے پکارا جاتا ھے۔ خیر اگر ھم اپنے ذھن کو استعمال کریں تو اپنے آپ کو صحی راہ پر لا سکتے ھیں۔ وہ راہ جو نبی پاک ھمارے لئے چھوڑ کر گئے۔ جس پر وہ اللہ کے حکم سے خود بھی چلے اور ھمیں بھی چلنا سکھا گئے۔ جس پر چلنا زرا مشکل ھے اسی لئے ھر ایک نے آسان طریقہ ڈھونڈا۔ یہ آسان طریقہ آج کل کے فرقوں کی شکل میں نظر آئے گا۔ کوئی اپنے علماء کے پیچھے چلتا ھے تو کوئی سمجھتا اسے اس کا پیر یوم آخرت میں بچا لے گا۔ لیکن ایسا ھو گا نہی۔ ھر ایک کو اپنا جواب خود دینا ھوگا۔ جب قرآن حدیث سنہ کے ھوتے ھوئے کسی کو بھی رعائت نہی دی جائے گی۔ سب کے سامنے اسلام ھے۔ وہ اسلام جو آج سے چودہ سو سال پہلے تھا وہ اب بھی اسی طرح ھمارے سامنے ھے۔ ھم نہ تو اس سے آنکھیں بند کرسکتے ھیں نہ ھی بھاگ سکتے ھیں۔ یہی وجہ ھے کہ آج کا مسلمان نہ اندر سے مسلمان ھے نہ باھر سے اپنے سے عمل سے نظر آتا ھے۔ نبی پاک کی پیروی تو الگ بات ھم قرآن پر بھی عمل نہی کرتے۔ ھم بہت ھی زیادہ بھٹک چکے ھیں۔ نہ مسجد محفوظ نہ مسجد کو آباد کرنے والا۔ اور بردبادی کا سبب بننے والا بھی بہتتر حوروں کی تلاش میں ھے۔ جب ایک دوسرے کو کافر کہنے والے مکہ مدینہ میں اکھٹے ھوکر ایک ساتھہ نماز پڑھ سکتے ھیں تو کیوں ایک نہی ھو سکتے۔ منافقین کبھی ایک نہی ھو سکتے۔
آپ سوچو میں مسلمان ھوں۔ میرا رب قرآن میں مجھہ سے کیا چاھتا ھے۔ میرے لئے جو راستہ سراتمستقیم ھے کیا میں اس پر چل رھا ھوں یا نہی۔ اس پر چلنے کے لئے ظاھر ھے اس پر عمل کرنا پڑھے گا۔ کیا میں اس طرح عمل کررھا ھوں جس طرح میرے نبی نے بتایا۔
لیکن میں عمل کررھا ھوں تو اس طرح جس طرح میرے علماء نے بتایا۔ جس ظرح میرے پیر نے بتایا۔ اب ھر ایک کا عالم الگ پیر الگ تو پھر ھر ایک کا اپنا اپنا اسلام۔ یہی بن گئی فرقوں میں بٹی اس مسلمان کی پہچان۔ جو کہتا ھے میں ھوں اصلی مسلمان۔ مگر حقیقت مٰیں ھے یہ نام کا مسلمان۔ ایمان سے خالی۔ ھم اسلام تو لے آئے کلمہ پڑھ کر لیکن ایمان نہی لا سکے عمل کر کے۔ اور ایمان تب ھی مکمل ھو گا جب ھم قرآن و سنہ حدیث پر سچے دل سے عمل کریں گے۔ جس طرح نبی پاک اور صحابہ اکرام نے کر کے دکھایا۔
اللہ ھم سب کو ھدایت دے۔ آمین​

Pakistani1947

میں نے اس بارے بہت سوچا اور پھر عقل سے فیصلہ کیا کہ میرا کوئی فرقہ نہی۔ خاندان میں شرک کو تو ویسے ھی ناپسند کیا جاتا تھا۔ قبروں پر مزاروں پر جانا پیری فقیری مریدی کے سب خلاف تھے۔ جو شرک نہ کرے اسے وھابی کے نام سے پکارا جاتا ھے۔ خیر اگر ھم اپنے ذھن کو استعمال کریں تو اپنے آپ کو صحی راہ پر لا سکتے ھیں۔ وہ راہ جو نبی پاک ھمارے لئے چھوڑ کر گئے۔ جس پر وہ اللہ کے حکم سے خود بھی چلے اور ھمیں بھی چلنا سکھا گئے۔ جس پر چلنا زرا مشکل ھے اسی لئے ھر ایک نے آسان طریقہ ڈھونڈا۔ یہ آسان طریقہ آج کل کے فرقوں کی شکل میں نظر آئے گا۔ کوئی اپنے علماء کے پیچھے چلتا ھے تو کوئی سمجھتا اسے اس کا پیر یوم آخرت میں بچا لے گا۔ لیکن ایسا ھو گا نہی۔ ھر ایک کو اپنا جواب خود دینا ھوگا۔ جب قرآن حدیث سنہ کے ھوتے ھوئے کسی کو بھی رعائت نہی دی جائے گی۔ سب کے سامنے اسلام ھے۔ وہ اسلام جو آج سے چودہ سو سال پہلے تھا وہ اب بھی اسی طرح ھمارے سامنے ھے۔ ھم نہ تو اس سے آنکھیں بند کرسکتے ھیں نہ ھی بھاگ سکتے ھیں۔ یہی وجہ ھے کہ آج کا مسلمان نہ اندر سے مسلمان ھے نہ باھر سے اپنے سے عمل سے نظر آتا ھے۔ نبی پاک کی پیروی تو الگ بات ھم قرآن پر بھی عمل نہی کرتے۔ ھم بہت ھی زیادہ بھٹک چکے ھیں۔ نہ مسجد محفوظ نہ مسجد کو آباد کرنے والا۔ اور بردبادی کا سبب بننے والا بھی بہتتر حوروں کی تلاش میں ھے۔ جب ایک دوسرے کو کافر کہنے والے مکہ مدینہ میں اکھٹے ھوکر ایک ساتھہ نماز پڑھ سکتے ھیں تو کیوں ایک نہی ھو سکتے۔ منافقین کبھی ایک نہی ھو سکتے۔
آپ سوچو میں مسلمان ھوں۔ میرا رب قرآن میں مجھہ سے کیا چاھتا ھے۔ میرے لئے جو راستہ سراتمستقیم ھے کیا میں اس پر چل رھا ھوں یا نہی۔ اس پر چلنے کے لئے ظاھر ھے اس پر عمل کرنا پڑھے گا۔ کیا میں اس طرح عمل کررھا ھوں جس طرح میرے نبی نے بتایا۔
لیکن میں عمل کررھا ھوں تو اس طرح جس طرح میرے علماء نے بتایا۔ جس ظرح میرے پیر نے بتایا۔ اب ھر ایک کا عالم الگ پیر الگ تو پھر ھر ایک کا اپنا اپنا اسلام۔ یہی بن گئی فرقوں میں بٹی اس مسلمان کی پہچان۔ جو کہتا ھے میں ھوں اصلی مسلمان۔ مگر حقیقت مٰیں ھے یہ نام کا مسلمان۔ ایمان سے خالی۔ ھم اسلام تو لے آئے کلمہ پڑھ کر لیکن ایمان نہی لا سکے عمل کر کے۔ اور ایمان تب ھی مکمل ھو گا جب ھم قرآن و سنہ حدیث پر سچے دل سے عمل کریں گے۔ جس طرح نبی پاک اور صحابہ اکرام نے کر کے دکھایا۔

اللہ ھم سب کو ھدایت دے۔ آمین

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
Have a simple question if some body can help. Can a woman lead prayers of women only. If yes then do we have any Sahih Hadees for support. I want to learn Quran and Hadees about this issue so that we can be united.

FaisalKh

:jazak: brother columbus and the thread starter. Unity is the backbone of survival (from my point of view). Brother columbus aap ki sab batain bohot hi achi hain lekin jo baat sab se aham hai us ko aap ne itne chotay font mai likh diya hai halankay sab se zarori to mere khayal mai wahi hai...:)

Pakistani1947

Have a simple question if some body can help. Can a woman lead prayers of women only. If yes then do we have any Sahih Hadees for support. I want to learn Quran and Hadees about this issue so that we can be united.

Dear Cheeko, Please do not turn this thread into sectarianism debate. The moderators are very prompt to close Islamic threads. Please stay focus to the topic. JizakAllah.

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Cheeko, Please do not turn this thread into sectarianism debate. The moderators are very prompt to close Islamic threads. Please stay focus to the topic. JizakAllah.

What is the sectarian part in my question. I asked a simple question. If you have an answer then reply and if not then move on.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
a) Why there are so many sects:
Because of mutual hate and dislike and such people bring
the institution of religion into it.
b) Why there are different school of thoughts:
Because of survival which is dependent upon, financial,
recognition and sense of dominance of others.

Sects and "different school of thoughts" have no standing
or base if screened through Quran.

d) how the unity can be achieved:
We have to take into account the elements of unity available
in this world with a question that on what basis people unite,
it can be language, race, colour, nationality, an institution,
religion, and so on so on.
Believers should understand that "Ye were at the brink of the
fire and Allah saved you and you became with his nehmat brethern".
Allah has already supplied that very much basis. but again people do not
wish to accept that.

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
a) Why there are so many sects:
Because of mutual hate and dislike and such people bring
the institution of religion into it.
b) Why there are different school of thoughts:
Because of survival which is dependent upon, financial,
recognition and sense of dominance of others.

Sects and "different school of thoughts" have no standing
or base if screened through Quran.

d) how the unity can be achieved:
We have to take into account the elements of unity available
in this world with a question that on what basis people unite,
it can be language, race, colour, nationality, an institution,
religion, and so on so on.
Believers should understand that "Ye were at the brink of the
fire and Allah saved you and you became with his nehmat brethern".
Allah has already supplied that very much basis. but again people do not
wish to accept that.

My favourite Babaji has arrived. Good reply. Can you guide me. Can a woman lead prayers of women only. If yes then do we have any Sahih Hadees for support. I want to learn Quran and Hadees about this issue.

Pakistani1947

My favourite Babaji has arrived. Good reply. Can you guide me. Can a woman lead prayers of women only. If yes then do we have any Sahih Hadees for support. I want to learn Quran and Hadees about this issue.

Dear Cheeko, Again, please do not turn this thread into sectarianism debate. The moderators are very prompt to close Islamic threads. Please stay focus to the topic. You may start another thread for your question if want an answer. JizakAllah.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)

@Cheeko jee,
I am not well conversed with "Hadiths" (Sahih or whatever) (no knowledge etc). So I cannot Quote it.
In Quran there is no indication of this. Although a woman can give advice to the head of family on
matters of importance. But what is your need of such question, women always pray slaat in different
section of mosque and behind a male imam. I cannot understand what u r digging in?

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Next Question: In the light of above Quraanic verses if someone wants to unit Muslim under one flag of Quraan and Sunnat pbuh (authentic Hadeeth), would that be considered as creating sectarianism?

Dear Brother,
For the unity there is only and only one thing and that is Quran. People can unite on this:
"whatever is written in Quran is final and absolute, anything goes against it or its teachings, be it
one's own sect, school of thought, hadith, rawat whatsoever, should be rejected"
On the basis of "Quran and Hadith", no unity had ever become feasible and neither it will.
The reasons are obvious. This senario of Saih and Dhaeef has ruined the unity. You may accept
it or not, all the differences in Ummat are due to Hadiths. So as long as people are sticking to
anything other Quran will never unite. All solutions are available in Quran, the need is sincereity
and good intention, that is all.

Pakistani1947

Just think about it ... neither any of he four Imams were follower of a particular sect nor they instructed Muslims to follow any particular sect. They were actually follower of Quraan and authentic Hadeeths. Amazingly they did not follow each other but followed the source i.e., Quraan and authentic Hadeeths.

All the four great Imams said that if any of their Fatwas or teachings contradict Allahs word, i.e. the Quran, or the sayings of the Prophet (pbuh) i.e. authentic Hadith, then that particulars Fatwa of theirs should be rejected, and the Sunnah of the Prophet should be followed.

Refer:
a. Eeqaadh al-Himam, Al Fulaanee (Imam Abu Hanifa)
b. Al-Majmoo of an-Nawawee (1/63) (Imam Shafi)
c. Jaami Bayan al-Ilm, Ibn Abdul-Barr (Imam Malik)
d. Eeqaadh al-Himam (Imam Hanbal)

fauzia

Banned
Question: When all the Muslim follow one and the same Quran then why are there so many sects and different schools of thoughts among Muslims?

Answer from me: Because humans are arrogant and think they always know beter then others. Just like some Pakistani's think they are better then Indians for example.