What is Indian Navy up too? it has captured more than 106 Somali Muslims.

hans

Banned
Indian Navy nabs 61 pirates after intercepting their vessel

KOCHI: In a breakthrough in anti-piracy operations, the Indian Navy intercepted a mother vessel of Somali pirates in the Arabian Sea about 00 nautical miles off Kochi and rescued 13 crew members apart from nabbing 61 pirates.

Naval ships and aircraft are presently in the area and are still carrying out search operations for missing fishermen or pirates. The nabbing of 61 pirates in a single operation is the most significant success against the piracy so far, the Navy said in an official release here on Monday.

The operation was executed by the fast attack craft INS Kalpeni based at the Southern Naval Command, Kochi and was completed on last Saturday night (March 12), the officials of the public relations wing of the Indian Navy told TOI here.

The intercepted vessel called Vega 5 is a 24-metre-long trawler owned by the Mozambican company Efripel, and it was hijacked by the Somali pirates on December 28. They were using this fishing vessel as the mother vessel for carrying out piracy operations since. The vessel has been destroyed in the anti-piracy operations.

According to naval officials, the operation began when they received a distress call from MV Vancouver Bridge which was under pirate attack on Friday last. A naval Dornier maritime recce aircraft located Vega 5 in the area. Seeing the naval aircraft, the pirates abandoned their attack and tried to flee. While the Dornier continued to track the pirate mother vessel Vega 5, the Navy's missile corvette Khukri and FAC Kalpeni, which had been deployed in the area for anti-piracy patrol, were diverted to intercept and investigate Vega 5, the Navy said.

The pirate mother vessel launched two skiffs which fired at Kalpeni, which was closing in on Vega 5 in Saturday night. INS Kalpeni responded with limited firing. By then it was observed that a fire had broken out on Vega 5, apparently originating from the additional fuel drums that the mother vessels of the pirates are known to be carrying to fuel the skiffs.

Personnel were also seen jumping overboard. INS Kalpeni along with INS Khukri nabbed 74 men, including 61 pirates and 13 members of the original crew of the fishing vessel. Preliminary investigations revealed that the pirates were carrying about 80 to 90 small arms and rifles and a few heavier weapons likely to be RPGs, the release said. Indian Navy has already apprehended two pirate mother ships on January 28 and February 11 and had nabbed 43 pirates in those two operations.

P.S. Headline is supposed to be a
Cynical joke for you know who.

"What is Indian Navy up too? it has captured more than 106 Somali Muslims"
It should be read as ...
What is Indian Navy up too? it has captured more than 106 Somali Bandits"

salaam

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
somali pirates are now infamous around the world for highjacking & holding for ransom any kind of ship or boat they can lay their hands on. I've got no sympathy for such thiefs.

fzqpk

Voter (50+ posts)
it has captured more than 106 Somali Muslims.

I did not understand, why did u use the word "Muslims" here dear. Somalia is a muslim country we all know this.
Pirates should be captured and brought to justice. Is that right ?
Piracy is a curse, shame on pirates. Agree ?
Then get to know that in Pakistan, most of us use pirated softwares all the time, and have no shame on it.
We should not have double standards. Agree ?

Imranpak

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The Indian's are doing what the Zionist Israel are telling them to as they're the brains behind it all!. Have to deal with the disease that is Zionism not symptoms that is India because when the root problem is eradicated the Indian's will be easily taken care off.

shahzadss

Citizen
give me the name of single shop in mardan where i can buy Company original software?
Show me the single franchise of software developers in KPK?
If they r not investing on us then why i feel shame on it.

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
give me the name of single shop in mardan where i can buy Company original software?

The question is...

If there is a shop selling a software for 5000 Rs and another shop selling it for just 50 Rs... Where will you go and buy it???

Are you using a genuine windows with genuine office and antivirus softwares?

Sellers open shops only if they can find buyers...

دوسروں پر الزام نہ لگائیں اپنے گریبان میں بھی جھانكیں۔۔۔۔

fzqpk

Voter (50+ posts)
The question is...

If there is a shop selling a software for 5000 Rs and another shop selling it for just 50 Rs... Where will you go and buy it???

Are you using a genuine windows with genuine office and antivirus softwares?

Sellers open shops only if they can find buyers...

دوسروں پر الزام نہ لگائیں اپنے گریبان میں بھی جھانكیں۔۔۔۔

Dear Salik, I have original windows 7 software, original norton antivirus and original office 2010 licence. I did not blame anybody. Just asked a few questions. Just elaborated the word Piracy without being offencive or personal.

Now if somebody captures pirates, as they were doing something wrong, then my dear, i am of a view to stop screaming and stop using the word "Muslim" to spread hate. They were pirates as far as we know, and justice should be done. Rule of law is superior and should be for everybody, whether Muslim or Non-Muslim. right ?

Again, no offence plz... its just my views

Last edited:

fzqpk

Voter (50+ posts)

Dear shahzadss,you can buy software licence online. you dont need to goto market or shop. Please dont give bad reasons to justify our ignorance. We have a problem, whatever we do, we are justified!
Also dear, its not the matter of their investment. How can we ask for their investment when we are not worthy of it. I dont want to go in details, but at least we should accept it wrong whenever we do something wrong. Just want to say in the end that If pirates are caught, they should be punished according to law. Thats all.

fzqpk

Voter (50+ posts)
The Indian's are doing what the Zionist Israel are telling them to as they're the brains behind it all!. Have to deal with the disease that is Zionism not symptoms that is India because when the root problem is eradicated the Indian's will be easily taken care off.

Sorry, no offence.... My dear, catching pirates is nothing to do with Zionist Israel. Pirates were caught for breaking the law and should be brought to justice.
These kind of messages just spread hate my dear. Saying something not logical may harm our community.

Apologies if you got hurt, I did not get personal, just said something about the tye of message.

Imranpak

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Sorry, no offence.... My dear, catching pirates is nothing to do with Zionist Israel. Pirates were caught for breaking the law and should be brought to justice.
These kind of messages just spread hate my dear. Saying something not logical may harm our community.

Apologies if you got hurt, I did not get personal, just said something about the tye of message.

Stop calling me "dear" that is so very irratating as if you're gay or something!!!. How do you know that the pirates and not the Indian's were breaking the law??. These pirates just like the Taliban are a media creation to scare individuals of the bogeyman that doesn't exist so that certain people and groups can further their own agenda.

fzqpk

Voter (50+ posts)
Stop calling me "dear" that is so very irratating as if you're gay or something!!!. How do you know that the pirates and not the Indian's were breaking the law??. These pirates just like the Taliban are a media creation to scare individuals of the bogeyman that doesn't exist so that certain people and groups can further their own agenda.

"Dear" word does not relate to gay or something, i just tried to be friendly and tried to give you some respect, nevermind.
Ok, may be I am unaware that Indians probably broke the law, but amazed and impressed on your knowledge and confidence that these pirates are just media creation like Taliban.
And Imranpak, "patience is a virtue."
Have a good day.