What Do You Think Of the Siasat.Pk?

What do you think of the new Siasat.Pk layout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adeel

Founder
It is the fact that people do not like change but we had to move on. Maybe we will loose a few but thousands new will come. Inshallah :)

We will be able to offer more because It is arguably the most powerful and secure software out there. It has a complete content management system.

We are still working on it and will keep it as simple as possible just like we had it before.

Don't worry guys, You will eventually get used to it :).

Please give out your suggestions. What do you like and what you don't like? Is there anything you would like to see on the forum?

I will make a list of your suggestions and forward it to the webmaster

Look forward to hear from you

Last edited:

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
It is fine now. past two days seemed like a mess. now navigation is fine. I like the theme, especially how posts appear in a thread:)

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
It looks magnificent... but for a bit old chap like me... it seems difficult to use.... though I will Inshallah get used to it again...

If you remember my earlier suggestion .... I had requested to add words like Sallallah o Alaihi wassalam and Radiallah Unho like smilies so that we dont have to use short forms ....

I think there should be a specific Islamic forum as well...

I dont think I would like something I consider really important in "TIMEPASS" section... because that is the main theme of our life... If we would learn something only when we have time to pass... we are playing with fire ..... or I would say the name "RANDOM VIDEOS" was a bit better... as putting anything to do with religion TIMEPASS is a bit "offensive" to me... Others may have their point of view...

Last edited:

Jury

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It is the fact that people do not like change but we had to move on. Maybe we will loose a few but thousands new will come. Inshallah :)

We will be able to offer more because It is arguably the most powerful and secure software out there. It has a complete content management system.

We are still working on it and will keep it as simple as possible just like we had it before.

Don't worry guys, You will eventually get used to it :).

Please give out your suggestions. What do you like and what you don't like? Is there anything you would like to see on the forum?

I will make a list of your suggestions and forward it to the webmaster

Look forward to hear from you
My humble request is,
you & other moderators, are also need to change in terms of accepting new post. Which is against you people thoughts.

I don't know, why my post was locked, regarding Abdul Sattar Edhi statement, in which he said Imran tried to pursue him to topple Benazir Govt.

Also, my VIDEO POST, in which Son of Allama Iqbal confirmed that, Allama didn't talk about an Independent Pakistan. The post was, either merged or deleted, I still don't know.

I post a video of BBC Urdu documentary, regarding Nawaz Sharif scandal, but, after few hours, it was merged in some other post.

Since yesterday, I've watched three videos, of Point Blank, in which ADMINISTRATOR Karachi is drunk. But, no merge, no delete, till now. Even today, a same video was posted.

If someone does abusive comments, delete that post rather than block the post of delete the post.

Also, moderators should be open minded, if some post they think are against there political support or thinking. Like, Partition of India was not done because, Muslim wanted an independent state because of religion.

Only time will tell, only Look of forum change or attitude too.

Last edited:

imemyself89

MPA (400+ posts)
My humble request is,
you & other moderators, are also need to change in terms of accepting new post. Which is against you people thoughts.

I don't know, why my post was locked, regarding Abdul Sattar Edhi statement, in which he said Imran tried to pursue him to topple Benazir Govt.

Also, my VIDEO POST, in which Son of Allama Iqbal confirmed that, Allama didn't talk about an Independent Pakistan. The post was, either merged or deleted, I still don't know.

I post a video of BBC Urdu documentary, regarding Nawaz Sharif scandal, but, after few hours, it was merged in some other post.

Since yesterday, I've watched three videos, of Point Blank, in which ADMINISTRATOR Karachi is drunk. But, no merge, no delete, till now. Even today, a same video was posted.

If someone does abusive comments, delete that post rather than block the post of delete the post.

Also, moderators should be open minded, if some post they think are against there political support or thinking. Like, Partition of India was not done because, Muslim wanted an independent state because of religion.

Only time will tell, only Look of forum change or attitude too.

Hello Jury,

This system is very powerful. Now noone can just delete your post and disappear. Everytime a moderator delete a post or a thread, he will have to give out a proper reason and It will be recorded in our database. If you have a problem, contact Abbasi Ali or Admin with the title of your thread or url If it's a post. They can check the reasoning. That way your thread or post can be reinstated If you were right at that instace.

Adeel

Founder
It looks magnificent... but for a bit old chap like me... it seems difficult to use.... though I will Inshallah get used to it again...

If you remember my earlier suggestion .... I had requested to add words like Sallallah o Alaihi wassalam and Radiallah Unho like smilies so that we dont have to use short forms ....

I think there should be a specific Islamic forum as well...

I dont think I would like something I consider really important in "TIMEPASS" section... because that is the main theme of our life... If we would learn something only when we have time to pass... we are playing with fire ..... or I would say the name "RANDOM VIDEOS" was a bit better... as putting anything to do with religion TIMEPASS is a bit "offensive" to me... Others may have their point of view...

Thank you brother Salik for your suggestions. I have them written down and will make sure those emoticons get added. We are trying to stick to politics only on siasat.pk. Maybe we will have another sister forum coming out in the future called "Islam.pk"? Inshallah :)

scary

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Hey Adeel, Awesome work.

I was a trundler before, only watched videos. Now I will try to participate here and there.

The site looks great. Look forward to see more improvements.

Great work!!

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
1. It looks alright but a major problem. You have reduced the time limit in the Time-out. Many a times, it logs me off while i am still writing the post. After learning the lesson hard way, I now copy in the clipboard before attempting to post. In the old version it never happe.

2. I love our green color Pak but you have to much green here, its terrible on eyes. When click on Forum/SiasiDiscussin you get the list of threads. here again too much green, put some blue, brown(chocolate) etc. Each line is the same, and bugs eyes.

3. I can not find the emoticons. Where are the laughing man, or banging head on a wall etc?

Room for some improvements.

Gazoo

imemyself89

MPA (400+ posts)
1. It looks alright but a major problem. You have reduced the time limit in the Time-out. Many a times, it logs me off while i am still writing the post. After learning the lesson hard way, I now copy in the clipboard before attempting to post. In the old version it never happe.

2. I love our green color Pak but you have to much green here, its terrible on eyes. When click on Forum/SiasiDiscussin you get the list of threads. here again too much green, put some blue, brown(chocolate) etc. Each line is the same, and bugs eyes.

3. I can not find the emoticons. Where are the laughing man, or banging head on a wall etc?

Room for some improvements.

Gazoo

Dear Gazoo,

Thank you for pointing out this problem. I fixed the session time out. It'll only log you out after 5000 seconds If you stay inactive for that long.

I thought that the green that we have on the forum is extremely easy on eyes. The majority of the space uses very light green color. I think you just need to get used to it:).

Please give us a little time, you will see everything and even more added eventually. The work is still in progress.

Please keep pointing out the problems to help us make this site better and better.

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
@Adeel

Thank you brother Salik for your suggestions. I have them written down and will make sure those emoticons get added. We are trying to stick to politics only on siasat.pk. Maybe we will have another sister forum coming out in the future called "Islam.pk"? Inshallah

You are most welcome... :)

جدا ہو دین سیا ست سے تو رہ جاتی ہے چنگیزی
علامہ اقبال رح۔۔۔

Coming up with Islam pk .... is not a bad idea but then people would be asking you to make new forums for different sects... so in my humble opinion it would be better stick to this one with optional Islamic content.......

You are the boss though... its up to you...

Last edited:

capre786

Minister (2k+ posts)
Thanks God you changed the paindo look of site. Now it looks very nice and color combination is also ok.