What about GEO?

alihaider

Citizen
What u people think about GEO? I think its "Pro-Indian", showing Indian culture, their movies, actor and actresses etc. About Pakistan they only show the bad things. They are disturbing the mind of people only showing bad things. Recently they have shown a video that was claimed that it is made in swat showing a girl was flogged without any research whether it is true or a propaganda and many more like that.

I also admire their efforts in the restoration of Judiciary. but they are creating hype...

Now one of Geo's sports channel is showing Indian IPL, I can understand their problem of business, to earn money through IPL. But on the other hand their is an ongoing series of Pakistan vs Australia. They didn't broadcast even a single match as for as I know.

If someone hurts from my comments, I apologize, its my point of view.

Regards

sagaciouscorpion

MPA (400+ posts)
Well I dare to disagree....

Yes they are creating hype.. no doubts about it... they and other channels should abstain from showing corpses and charred bodies and other things like that... but still they are showing what the reality is...

On Indian stuff... Well... these Indian movies and songs and mcuh more is available in CD shops in all the gali muhallahs.. what is the harm if Geo shows it?

I dont like this yalghaar of Indian culture so I have skipped these channels from my TV!!!! but how many people are ready to do so? If Geo shows it ... we object on it... but we like to watch stupid star plus dramas at our homes day and night??? Isnt it hypocrisy?

amina

Voter (50+ posts)
I AGREE WITH U ALL TV NEWS CHANNELS SHOW NO INTEREST WITH PAKISTAN JUST PROPAGANDA GEO IS NO 1

jawad_jd

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Now a days GEO is representing USA and indian interests ... I really hate GEO for doing this...

In my personal opinion, EXPRESS NEWS and NEWS 1 are doing a better job by exposing AMERICAN GAME PLAN ...

takjhank

Councller (250+ posts)
I am 100% agree with alihaider. but I think their are only two reasons, what GEO is doing like that.

1- They are not recognizing that what they are doing. Especially they are getting down our nation's moral.
2- They are the people jin k baray may one American General said "Pakistani's are that nation, who can sale their mother's only in front of dollars................................

And there is not only GEO, you can add it, Pervez Musharraf, SHOUKAT AZIZ, Asif Ali Zardari, Rehman Malik, Dr. Babar Awan, Altaf Hussain, Asfand Yaar Wali, Molana Fazlur Rehman (is ko to sharam nahi aati, moonh par daarhi rakhi hui hay or kam islam dushman... huh), and all of those who r involved to break the pakistan. allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll peoples are involved in para 2.

But not pakistani people. I know, they are most progressive, inergetic and gherat mand qoum. Who can bear their lives for Pakistan.

bubye.....

rufntuf

Voter (50+ posts)
salam everybody,

i dont blame any news channel, whether its geo or any indian news channel. the problem lies within us. i dont know how much of u know that, every single Pakistani channel either news or entertainment is bloked by indian govt in india. now tell me where do we stand.
and about the news channels their sole purpose is earning money, nothing more. dont expect any patriotism from our so-called free media.

may Allah give us hadaith and show right path.. ameen!

sohaiil

Citizen
WELL IM AGREE WITH ALI.....

GEO IS JUST ONLY SHOWING BAD THINGS ABOUT PAKISTAN..... IN THIS TIME OF TENSION.. THEY MAY ALSO SHOW SOME PROGRESS IN PAKISTAN.. I HAVE READ THE POST ABOUT DR. ATTA-UR-REHMAN SOME ONE POST THERE THAT HOW MUCH PAKISTAN GOT SCHOLARSHIPS IN OTHER COUNTRIES.... EVEN MORE THEN 4000 STUDENTS WENT FOR HIGHER STUDIES... SO I THINK THEY MUST SHOW OFF THE PROGRESS & PATRIOTISM IN PAKISTAN RATHER THEN DISCOURAGING AND PROPAGATING ABOUT PAKISTAN....

I also claim 'inaddition to all those coments of my friends that GEO not only performing the duties as Pro-Indians But IT Actiive TO PROMOTE THE CULTURE OF HINDUISM.I quoute on Example

"There is no highlight of "1ST URDU ISLAMIC PEACE CONFERANCE HELD IN SUMYYA GROUND BOMBAY" held on 26th November 2008, under the presidency of "Dr. ZAKIR NAIK." In which so many people accept ISLAM LIVE in front of Media.

But Whether it is permitted or not permitted in Islam or in our culture, it "The Devil" will show Each and Every activity hapening in Bollywood, Hollywood, Fation Gallaries and Miss World Competitions.

PROMOTTING HINSUISM AND JEWISM WEAPONS OF NUDISM TO DESTROY THE BASIC CONCEPT OF ISLAM IN PAKISTAN AND ALSO IN WORLD.
SHAMMMMMMMMMMMMM......................... GEO THE DAVIL SHAMMMMMMMMMMMM.............

farazkhii

MPA (400+ posts)
I think weather its GEO TV, ARY ONE WORLD or AAJ these channels they just show the real and fact things, weather its about USA or INDIA, what i don't like in my channels is showing indian songs, movies, or any kinda their programmes.
Jahan tak Geo Entertainment channel ki baat hai, inhain pakistani culture ka khayal rakhna chahiye, na keh actor or actress ko hath pakartay dikhain ya goud mein uthatay hoay( yeh Geo keh he channel peh dekha tha). Educated hone ka yeh matlab nahe keh aap Drinking karain ya kam kapre pehnain. Hum achi story aur direction apni culture ko dekhte hoay bhi kar sakte hain, na keh indian or US culture dekhte hoay koi kaam karain.
Thts it for now.

aBis

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
takjhank said:
And there is not only GEO, you can add it, Pervez Musharraf, SHOUKAT AZIZ, Asif Ali Zardari, Rehman Malik, Dr. Babar Awan, Altaf Hussain, Asfand Yaar Wali, Molana Fazlur Rehman (is ko to sharam nahi aati, moonh par daarhi rakhi hui hay or kam islam dushman... huh), and all of those who r involved to break the pakistan. allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll peoples are involved in para 2.

you forgot nawaz sharif and shahbaz sharif, salman taseer