What a Shame ! Earth Hour, Lights off at Mazar-e-Quaid and Mazar-e-Iqbal

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
Tonight Geo news at 9 pm showed a report about earth hour. I am shaken by listening when they specially focused on two important places. Lights switched off at Mazar-e-Quaid and Tomb of Allama Iqbal (Mazar-e-Iqbal) and made them Dark. What a shame for our Nation. I couldn't find the clip of that news which showed total darkness at both tombs.

Quaid and Iqbal who enlightened and illuminated our lives with their vision. Govt. responded by darkening their holy places.What message they are giving to us?

Hell to this earth hour when whole country is facing hours of loadshedding.

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME

shah5ap

Senator (1k+ posts)
Ab kiya hoga. Shahid hi Allah hamari Ye Gunaa Maaf Farmayen gay. Baqi Muamelaat may tu ham bare Neek aur Parsa hen. Ab ye jo Guna e Kabira ham say anjane may sarzad ho gayee. Quaid aur Allama k Mazaron k chiraag poree eek Gahnte Gul Raknee k liyee Tu Mafi ki koi gunjaish hi nahi.

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Lights out: Pakistan to participate in Earth Hour

Lights out: Pakistan to participate in Earth Hour
By AFP / Express
Published: March 26, 2011
Bulb-640x480.jpg

A record 134 countries and territories are on board for Earth Hour 2011.

Pakistan will join the international community in observing Earth Hour by switching off lights and appliances for an hour from 8:30pm to 9:30pm today (Saturday).

A record 134 countries and territories are on board for Earth Hour 2011, a campaign which started four years ago in Sydney. The initiative aims at making joint efforts to tackle climate change and create awareness about the impact of excessive energy consumption on the environment.

Prime Minister Syed Yusaf Raza Gilani said that the Government of Pakistan officially endorsed Earth Hour and believes that it provides an opportunity for collective symbolic action across the country.

Gillani invited countrymen to observe Earth Hour by switching off all unnecessary lights and appliances from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm today and show their commitment to make the planet a better place to live in.

Australias Opera House was the first of many global landmarks to go dark on Saturday as Earth Hour got underway with hundreds of millions of people around the world set to switch off their lights.

The Eiffel Tower in Paris and the worlds tallest building in Dubai will also have their lights turned off for 60 minutes as part of the remarkable event.

http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Bulb-640x480.jpg

basim973

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Tonight Geo news at 9 pm showed a report about earth hour. I am shaken by listening when they specially focused on two important places. Lights switched off at Mazar-e-Quaid and Tomb of Allama Iqbal (Mazar-e-Iqbal) and made them Dark. What a shame for our Nation. I couldn't find the clip of that news which showed total darkness at both tombs.

Quaid and Iqbal who enlightened and illuminated our lives with their vision. Govt. responded by darkening their holy places.What message they are giving to us?

Hell to this earth hour when whole country is facing hours of loadshedding.

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME

Shame on the reason for SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME

The shame on following the sunnah of non-muslisms blindly not because of no lights of graves!!!!!!!!!
These lights wont enlighten the graves but the deads of the person lying in the grave........get the principles right in your head and faith

May Allah open our eyes and hearts for his deen

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Assalam-o-alaikum
Brothers dont fight on this issue.
Point is we karachites are celebrating this EARTH HOUR for 9 hours daily from today...
Whats the use of it. They should be closing all nuclear plants for producing electricity.. Which is actual threat to every living thing after japan incident..
Where is WWF on this???

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
@shah5ap and basim973, Plz dont take it towards religious side. Basically my point was, why media is highlighting Quaid and Iqbal's places dark. whereas there can be hundreds of other places where lights can be switched off to celebrate funny earth hour. Whether their hidden agenda is to weaken the Quaid and Iqbal's ideologies by painting them black at top media level and degrading their dignity in public's mind by showing them dark.