The one and only...Javed Miandad

Humble

MPA (400+ posts)
Following analysis is based on the data dump taken from http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/ website.
The rankings change on daily basis, the dump has been taken on Dec 31 of every year from 1970 - 2013, hence greats like Sobers and Bradman are not present in this list. This will definitely have an impact on the results/analysis but I believe that there will be little over all change.
The list only includes players who have secured one of the top ten rankings at least 5 times.

Disclaimer:
I am neither a DBA nor a statistician, therefore, the analysis is definitely prone to errors/misunderstanding, feel free to point out any errors.

Findings:

1. The great Javed Miandad appeared 16 times (highest) in the list. It took him merely two years to get into top 10 list and since then he was never out of the list. This too me is a great achievement.
  2. Although the Malala of Cricket (Tendulkar) has a much bigger cricketing span yet he only appeared 14 times in the list and there are many years in which he was out of the top 10 list. TO his credit though, he secured No.1 spot three times.
  3. King Richard's domination is pretty eminent as he was No.1 on 7 occasions.
  4. None of the Pakistani batsman other than Inzamam secured No.1 spot.
  5. Javed appeared 10 times in the top 5 rankings which is 2nd to only Richards who appeared 13 times.

The numbers 1-10 (in red color) indicate the Rankings.

K0d6rrU.jpg

Last edited:

maverick78

Citizen
There is no doubt Miandad was gem of Pakistan cricket. He was dependable and reliable. He was player of strong nerves who used to take much of batting responsibilities on his shoulders. . In Pakistan, usually fast bowlers take all the press. Even then we produced great batting legends like Hanif Mohammad, Javed, Zaheer, Saeed Anwar, Inzi and Younis Khan.