Ufone and Mobilink have increased 3G prices by 19.5% due to new tax that is imposed by Punjab government that it once agreed to take back but then backed off from the stance.
Since Punjab government is not issuing the reversal notification for internet taxes and situation has remained ambiguous since the announcement of withdrawal of taxes by Punjab Finance Minister in her budget speech, operators have decided to increase the tariffs for mobile internet so that they dont have to pay the taxes from their own pockets.
Telenor, Zong and Warid are likely to increase their 3G, 2G, 4G tariffs with similar rate as well. Announcement for increase in tariffs from remaining operators is expected with-in next couple of days.
Press ad from UfoneNew increased tariffs will be applicable country-wide, despite the fact that taxes on internet in Sindh and KPK are on hold due to court orders.
Telcos told ProPakistani that despite mobile internet taxes are on stay in Sindh and KPK, they will charge customers for the data services as courts may decide the matter either way and they might have to pay taxes for whole withheld duration if cases are decided against them.
Mobile users shouldnt complain telcos for this increase in 3G rates, but yes they can go to the government and protest against newly imposed taxes
This is why new tax by Punjab has tuned out to be very crucial as our fight against taxes has only widened and it has become hard for us to litigate three provinces against internet taxes, said one official of a cellular company.
He said that customers shouldnt complain telcos for this increase in 3G rates, but yes they can go to their government and protest against newly imposed taxes which are the main reason behind this revised tariffs.
SMS Broadcast to Customers from MobilinkAfter increased tariffs, new rates for 3G services will be as following:
- Daily Lite 3G Bucket: Rs. 11.95 (Old price: Rs. 10)
- Daily Heavy 3G Bucket: Rs. 17.93 (Old Price: Rs. 15)
- Daily Special 3G Bucket: Rs. 5.93 (Old Price: Rs. 5)
- Mega Internet 3G Bucket: Rs. 7.17 (Old Price: Rs. 6)
- 3 Day 3G Bucket: Rs. 29.88 (Old price: Rs. 25)
- Weekly Lite 3G Bucket: Rs. 59.75 (Old Price: Rs. 50)
- Weekly Heavy 3G Bucket: Rs. 149.38 (Old Price: Rs. 125)
- Monthly 1GB 3G Bucket: Rs. 298.75 (Old Price: Rs. 250)
- Monthly 3GB 3G Bucket: Rs. 597.50 (Old Price: Rs. 500)
- Monthly 10GB 3G Bucket: Rs. 1,195 (Old Price: Rs. 1,000)
- Social Daily Bucket: Rs. 5.98 (Old Price: Rs. 5)
- Social Monthly Bucket: Rs. 59.75 (Old Price: Rs. 50)
- Default Tariff: Rs. 23.90 per MB (Old Price: Rs. 20 per MB)
- Applicable from: August 4th, 2015
- Daily Lite Internet: Rs. 9.56 (Old Price: Rs. 8)
- 3G Daily: Rs. 17.925 (Old Price: Rs. 15)
- 3G Daily Super: Rs. 29.875 (Old price: Rs. 25)
- 3G 3-Day: Rs. 41.825 (Old Price: Rs.35)
- 3G Weekly: Rs. 71.7 (Old Price: Rs.60)
- 3G Weekly Super: Rs. 119.5 (Old Price: Rs. 100)
- 3G Monthly 2GB: Rs. 239 (Old Price: Rs. 200)
- 3G Monthly 4500MB: Rs. 478 (Old Price: Rs. 400)
- 3G Monthly 12000MB: Rs. 1195 (Old Price: Rs. 1,000)
- 3G Hybrid Monthly: Rs. 478 (Old Price: Rs. 400)
- Default Base Rate: Rs. 21.51 per MB (Old Rate: Rs. 18 per MB)
- Applicable from July 24th, 2015