Science, Arts, Belief, Right & Wrong...

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am not talking about evidence. I am talking about teach children in Pakistan how to think rather than what to think. Logic and reasoning should be made part of the curriculum rather than Islamiat. Instead of brainwashing children we should equip them with the ability to use their own brain, question everything and be able to think critically.

intelligence and progress does not necessarily requires you to be an atheist..
Newton was a firm believer to a point that many would say he wasted a lot of his time on religious literature

and sorry for laughing..im really a part of this discussion to understand and be educated

Iconoclast

Its a pitty that Pakistan schools dont teach us how to think business what to think. We can laugh at other people all we want because of our ignorance but we will remain a low class nation of superstitious and unintelligent people while rest of the world progresses.
First up I've been school in and outside Pakistan. Second I have shat far more intelligent and knowledgeable turds than you. Third, I will and I have made you look like a fucking vegetable. Fourth seeing how you are a triple thread moron, tone deaf, ignorant and proud about it. I'm hereby putting you on permanent ignore for being a dunce with delusions of possessing intellectual faculties.

Vitamin_C

That embryology is outdated by over 1000 years. I doesn't talk about sperm as Arabs didnt know sperm existed. They talked about Semen or male ejaculate which turns into a clot. Neither the semen turns into a clot, nor is an embryo a clot at in stage of its embryological process.

This whole verse is a plagiarism of Galens embryology as Greek embryology was being taught in middle east at the time. But Galen was wrong and Quran which copies Galen is also wrong.

I don't read dawkins. Tools bore me and perhaps it's down to my introversion and my lack of interest in human beans and the sciences about them.
And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay.
Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.
Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah, the best of creators.
Then indeed, after that you are to die.

(Quran 23:12 to 23:15)
That right there is one of the signs of His existence and the validity of Quran. No man on earth could have described it in such detail and order without access to a microscope and video recording.
This dude is probably an ahmadi or something. He gives off those vibes. And if he is, then expecting him to be logical is like expecting Trump to actually build the wall and have mexico pay for it.
What if there is God after all and what the Quran tells me is the truth? Will this idiot suffer in my stead? An atheist wants to see the death of religion, based on his belief that he came to based on half baked scientific theories. Unless he has answer for everything which his best saints are far from, they shut keep their traps shut and disbelieve in private. No need to project their opinions on us. I know I'm all over the place trying to touch upon multiple things. It's early morning and I haven't slept in day(s). lol

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
I am not talking about evidence. I am talking about teach children in Pakistan how to think rather than what to think. Logic and reasoning should be made part of the curriculum rather than Islamiat. Instead of brainwashing children we should equip them with the ability to use their own brain, question everything and be able to think critically.
That is a valid point but again not part of this discussion..u skipped many point that were raised..

The debate of theism and atheism is not that of religion but of humans..
it is certainly not a debate of scientists as well..scientist should focus on their work though science can provide great deal of input in this debate

Vitamin_C

I doubt you passed critical thinking class as you cannot tell the difference between belief and disbelief. Which country did you study in and was it a religious school?

First up I've been school in and outside Pakistan. Second I have shat far more intelligent and knowledgeable turds than you. Third, I will and I have made you look like a fucking vegetable. Fourth seeing how you are a triple thread moron, tone deaf, ignorant and proud about it. I'm hereby putting you on permanent ignore for being a dunce with delusions of possessing intellectual faculties.

Vitamin_C

Even if you leave academic science out. There is still a system that we have to analyse arguments and use logic. That system should be taught in our school, its the main reason why I cannot communicate with majority of people here because they do not even understand the basics of an argument.

We should be talking about arguments, not teaching each other basic rules of logic. This is why there is a huge disconnect between us and the scientific community outside of Pakistan and also a reason why technology and Science in this country is going down the drain.

Instead of being taught how to think, we are being brainwashed what to think. Human brain is the most complex thing in the universe, I think its extremely important that we teach critical thinking and logic and reasoning in our schools. What are we afraid of?

That is a valid point but again not part of this discussion..u skipped many point that were raised..

The debate of theism and atheism is not that of religion but of humans..
it is certainly not a debate of scientists as well..scientist should focus on their work though science can provide great deal of input in this debate

Iconoclast

That embryology is outdated by over 1000 years. I doesn't talk about sperm as Arabs didnt know sperm existed. They talked about Semen or male ejaculate which turns into a clot. Neither the semen turns into a clot, nor is an embryo a clot at in stage of its embryological process.

This whole verse is a plagiarism of Galens embryology as Greek embryology was being taught in middle east at the time. But Galen was wrong and Quran which copies Galen is also wrong.
Before I put you on ignore for being a moron, I'll tell you this. The quora page you copied your retort from is highly flawed itself. Arabs weren't introduced to greek literature back then.
Islam did expand upon greek and hindu wisdom but that was during the golden age.
Name a single arab scientists predating Muhammad ( PBUH).
The mention of iron and metals raining down on earth is also a fluke. So is the mention of fingertips (fingerprints).
Also God's sent his message to every tribe. Even the aborigines of Australia has a word for their god, Atnatu. Someone who doesn't eat, doesn't beget and all that. So I suppose the Quran plagiarized that as well.

Have fun. Ignorance is a bliss and I expect you to cherish it.

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
Even if you leave academic science out. There is still a system that we have to analyse arguments and use logic. That system should be taught in our school, its the main reason why I cannot communicate with majority of people here because they do not even understand the basics of an argument.

We should be talking about arguments, not teaching each other basic rules of logic. This is why there is a huge disconnect between us and the scientific community outside of Pakistan and also a reason why technology and Science in this country is going down the drain.

Instead of being taught how to think, we are being brainwashed what to think. Human brain is the most complex thing in the universe, I think its extremely important that we teach critical thinking and logic and reasoning in our schools. What are we afraid of?

that is a conventional statement ur throwing..we are being brainwashed and cant think logically..i have heard it a dozen of times from hoodboy i think

athiesm is growing in this country like fire..and this is because people are thinking logically(wether right or wrong)
we are living in the times of internet..
we dont have open discussion about these things but the fact that we are having this discussion means we want it

Vitamin_C

I didnt copy it from Quora, I did my own research as I have argued on this topic on this topic with many people before you.

For hundreds of years after Muhammad, Muslims believed Earth was center of universe until scientists in Baghdad discovered that wasnt true. Those scientists were threatened with blasphemy. Do your research how tafsirs were changed after scientific discoveries were made that conflict with Quran. Your religion is based on dishonest and lies.

Before I put you on ignore for being a moron, I'll tell you this. The quora page you copied your retort from is highly flawed itself. Arabs weren't introduced to greek literature back then.
Islam did expand upon greek and hindu wisdom but that was during the golden age.
Name a single arab scientists predating Muhammad ( PBUH).
The mention of iron and metals raining down on earth is also a fluke. So is the mention of fingertips (fingerprints).
Also God's sent his message to every tribe. Even the aborigines of Australia has a word for their god, Atnatu. Someone who doesn't eat, doesn't beget and all that. So I suppose the Quran plagiarized that as well.

Have fun. Ignorance is a bliss and I expect you to cherish it.

Iconoclast

While Europe burned the likes of Bruno, muslims were operating on the eye in basra. It was the center of knowledge for everyone, Muslims, christians, jews.

Vitamin_C

You need to take actual philosophy courses to be able to think logically, its not always something that comes intuitively, even for the most intelligent people. Even Oxford has a pre requisite that you take critical thinking in your O/A levels before applying for admission.

that is a conventional statement ur throwing..we are being brainwashed and cant think logically..i have heard it a dozen of times from hoodboy i think

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)

we cannot get ahead in science and technology bcz we dont have system and opportunity..

Pakitanis when go for masters and doctorate have done wonders..
the fact that we have stayed behind is massively affected by int politics as well..

but what has this todo with this discussion ?

Vitamin_C

The thread/discussion is on Science?

we cannot get ahead in science and technology bcz we dont have system and opportunity..

Pakitanis when go for masters and doctorate have done wonders..
the fact that we have stayed behind is massively affected by int politics as well..

but what has this todo with this discussion ?

Vitamin_C

So was China and India at some time and this time it was Basra and Baghdad so what? Same scientists were threatened with blasphemy by Muslims when they discovered Earth is not center of universe.

The contents of Quran is limited to what arabs knew 1,400 years ago. There is no mention of anything that was not known to man at that time. There is no mention of any planet that requires telescope to see. There is no mention of the actual scope of the universe. Its just a collection of myths and some knowledge that was already known.

It copies Moses and Jesus from Jewish and Christian Bibles. Now scientists saying there is no evidence of Jesus existence. Israeli archaeologists roamed all over Sinai peninsula from 1967 to 1982 while Israel was occupying. They concluded that Moses never existed as a real person. Imagine Israelis saying this while the premise of their country is based on the mythology of Moses.

While Europe burned the likes of Bruno, muslims were operating on the eye in basra. It was the center of knowledge for everyone, Muslims, christians, jews.

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
You need to take actual philosophy courses to be able to think logically, its not always something that comes intuitively, even for the most intelligent people. Even Oxford has a pre requisite that you take critical thinking in your O/A levels before applying for admission.
funny..
that is what creation apologist tells to atheist scientist ?

Iconoclast

I doubt you passed critical thinking class as you cannot tell the difference between belief and disbelief. Which country did you study in and was it a religious school?
Go felch pricks behind walmart and try to impress a redneck with your nonsense. Work on your comprehension and hopefully one day you will be half as intelligent as a monkey.
Don't worry about me, you wouldn't pass for my janitor. I'm pretty certain about it based on the number of times I've schooled you on various issues.
Good luck.

Iconoclast

For us it's the center of the universe. Unless you come up with an alien for a fuckbuddy. I'll be the first to denounce my faith. Where does it say everything revolves around the sun. You've mixed up European and Islamic history. I don't blame you. You're a moron.
Ok enough of this bs, no more arguing with an idiot for me. Ignored you are as Jedi would say.
So was China and India at some time and this time it was Basra and Baghdad so what? Same scientists were threatened with blasphemy by Muslims when they discovered Earth is not center of universe.

The contents of Quran is limited to what arabs knew 1,400 years ago. There is no mention of anything that was not known to man at that time. There is no mention of any planet that requires telescope to see. There is no mention of the actual scope of the universe. Its just a collection of myths and some knowledge that was already known.

It copies Moses and Jesus from Jewish and Christian Bibles. Now scientists saying there is no evidence of Jesus existence. Israeli archaeologists roamed all over Sinai peninsula from 1967 to 1982 while Israel was occupying. They concluded that Moses never existed as a real person. Imagine Israelis saying this while the premise of their country is based on the mythology of Moses.

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
so u want to bring the Creator to a labortory ? one hell of a Creator He must be
Let him work one kind of experiment in lab, just one. Repeat it 500 times. Over a span of his choosing. If he gets two identical results, I'll eat my beanie.
No one, no one has that sort of perfect lab journals. In his creations you find occasional aberrations, in perfectly controlled scientific setups, you find occasional similarities. I'm talking biology. You realize when you try repeatedly to reproduce results and you fail. The presence, power and potency of the Designer.