Resurgent Balaji hails Wasim Akram's role

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Kolkata Knight Riders' pacer Laxmipathy Balaji credited bowling coach Wasim Akram for his resurgence, saying the iconic ex-Pakistan captain is passing all his tricks of the trade to him. Balaji took an impressive three for 15 against Rajasthan Royals here last night to help Knight Riders bundle out

the visitors for a paltry 81 in 15.2 overs after being sent into bat. "We all know what is he (Akram) capable of. Definitely it's an education for each and every member of the team. We all are learning every bit of what he does.
Like how to attack and all. All these things are very important for a bowler. The next generation of players will gain a lot (from him)," Balaji said of Akram after KKR's eight-wicket triumph.

With this win, the Knight Riders completed their second victory over Rajasthan in a period of three days to climb to the top of the IPL standings. "It's a process.

It's not over yet. We have still 10 more matches to go. It has to be planned like a ladder. We have to have a rhythm to go into the next level," the lanky pacer insisted. Balaji gave the first breakthrough to the Knight Riders, cleaning up in-form Shane Watson with a classic outswinger and the former India seamer said it was a dream ball.

"It was a really good ball, something that I used to bowl some seven eight years ago. It was really thrilling to see the batsmen beaten. I would like to bowl similar bowls again and again," he said. "Watson was a very important wicket. We needed the wicket very badly in the first six overs.

His breakthrough gave me immense pleasure." Balaji added. Balaji said the Eden Gardens wicket was on the slower side. "It was a little bit on the slower side. But you can't help conditions. Our batsmen really applied themselves well. (Gautam) Gambhir, (Manoj) Tiwary and (Manvinder) Bisla played sensibly," he said. "There is a long way to go. We will just take it match by match. We got to have a relaxed mind.

We have got a good initiative," Balaji said about their approach for the upcoming matches in the tournament. Asked whether Knight Riders performances in the previous seasons affected the team in any way, Balaji said, "It's a completely new team with a new captain. We all get together very well and play as unit. It's a new season, whatever happened in the past is history."

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Wasim Akram is a legend ...... unfortunate to say here that we have such a legend but we have a different bowling coach .. Though I never suspect of Waqar's class he is an excellent bowler of his times though not a legend .......... Wasim Akram also have helped Zaheer Khan as Zaheer also admitted that on several occasions and you can compare his performance from his past performance ... The the change is tremendous .... We are selling our weapons to our enemies :(

awan4ever

F**k!

Fatwa issue ho jai ga against Wasim!!
Traitor!! Ahm mulki raaz hunood kay hawalay ker raha hay!!

**********!!!!

Yakeen Keejeaye! Ye aik sazish hay. Hum nay pehlay he apko bataya tha meray bacho keh hamaray beech aisay asteen kay saanp mojood hein jo koi moka nahi janay detay hum per war kernay ka! Wasim Akram ko aik sochi samjhi sazish kay teht ghaira gaya hay aur is kaam kay leaye RAW ke MOSSAD trained agent Sushmita Sen ko istimaal kia gya hay jis nay apni qatil sift adaon say hamaray hero ko zair ker lia aur usko 5th generation warfare kay zareeaye brainwash ker dia hay.
Laikin boht jald hamari bahadur fauj aur ISI is kay khilaaf operation kernay walay hein aur ap dekh lejeaye ga keh jald he hum Delhi per Pakistan ka jhanda lehrain gay aur phir Tendulkar Pakistani team ke taraf say khelnay per majboor ho jai ga!
Yaqeen keejeaye!!

:P(bigsmile)

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
F**k!

**********!!!!

Yakeen Keejeaye! Ye aik sazish hay. Hum nay pehlay he apko bataya tha meray bacho keh hamaray beech aisay asteen kay saanp mojood hein jo koi moka nahi janay detay hum per war kernay ka! Wasim Akram ko aik sochi samjhi sazish kay teht ghaira gaya hay aur is kaam kay leaye RAW ke MOSSAD trained agent Sushmita Sen ko istimaal kia gya hay jis nay apni qatil sift adaon say hamaray hero ko zair ker lia aur usko 5th generation warfare kay zareeaye brainwash ker dia hay.
Laikin boht jald hamari bahadur fauj aur ISI is kay khilaaf operation kernay walay hein aur ap dekh lejeaye ga keh jald he hum Delhi per Pakistan ka jhanda lehrain gay aur phir Tendulkar Pakistani team ke taraf say khelnay per majboor ho jai ga!
Yaqeen keejeaye!!

you are very funny man...I don't see anything wrong if Wasim is helping India bowlers.This is cricket and we welcome any fitful and meaningful input from anywhere( even pakistan).

awan4ever

you are very funny man...I don't see anything wrong if Wasim is helping India bowlers.This is cricket and we welcome any fitful and meaningful input from anywhere( even pakistan).

Ahm mulki raaz that Wasim possesses are nothing to joke about!!!
Bas ab sirf India fatah ker kay he badla utray ga!
See you in Delhi.
Yaqeen keejeaye! :P

baaghi01

Senator (1k+ posts)
Waqar working for the country and wasim for himself as usual. simple....
Wasim was offered this job before waqar but he didnt wanna work full time coz he is more into party life.
PCB is in talks with zaheer abbas and greg chappell for the batting coach. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

awan4ever

Waqar working for the country and wasim for himself as usual. simple....
Wasim was offered this job before waqar but he didnt wanna work full time coz he is more into party life.
PCB is in talks with zaheer abbas and greg chappell for the batting coach. Fingers crossed.

He isnt a full time coach for anyone. He offered the same to PCB that he would be available to coach before tours or he can coach at the young cricketrs academy but he declined the national team job as he said he isnt someone who can do the job.
WTF is wrong if he is being honest? Their are so many dic ks sitting in PCB who are doing nothing and making money like for example Javed Miandad!

Unbelievable!
Someone tells you honestly that he isnt upto the task and you bash him!

Way to go on the 'hes more into party life"!

Last edited:

desicad

F**k!

**********!!!!

Yaqeen keejeaye!!

(clap) (clap) too good.

Imranpak

If we don't utilise the talent of our former players then someone else will!. Wasim though a great cricketer has always had a soft spot for India where he seems to spend most of his time these days!. I have much greater respect for Javed Miandad and Waqar Younis who are much more Pakistani then Waim seems to be!

awan4ever

If we don't utilise the talent of our former players then someone else will!. Wasim though a great cricketer has always had a soft spot for India where he seems to spend most of his time these days!. I have much greater respect for Javed Miandad and Waqar Younis who are much more Pakistani then Waim seems to be!

Javed is taking lacs of rupees from PCB for doing what exactly?
Wasim Akram works mostly in an advicory role not as a coach, same thing he offered to PCB, but what abt Mushtaq? Is he a lesser Pakistani for coaching England fulltime?
What about Bob Woolmer? Is he a lesser South African for 'dying' in service as Pakistans coach?

Amazes me the way we think!!

Imranpak

Javed is taking lacs of rupees from PCB for doing what exactly?
Wasim Akram works mostly in an advicory role not as a coach, same thing he offered to PCB, but what abt Mushtaq? Is he a lesser Pakistani for coaching England fulltime?
What about Bob Woolmer? Is he a lesser South African for 'dying' in service as Pakistans coach?

Amazes me the way we think!!

....and it amazes me how people like you miss the facts!
Javed is taking money because the PCB is handing it to him for doing nothing! Atleast unlike Wasim he's not constantly on Indian chatshow's or coaching their batsmen!. Yeah i know his son is married to an Indian chick before you point it out!

Wasim often give tips to Indian's like Zaheer Khan who are our arch rivals in how to defeat us where as Woolmer was a South African and Mushy is coaching the English not the Indian's. I hope you can see the obvious difference!?

It angers me when a Pakistani advises or gives tips to Indian players who then go on and perform so well against us!. Rightfully, the Indian's would never allow a Tendulkar to coach our pathetic batters!!

awan4ever

....and it amazes me how people like you miss the facts!
Javed is taking money because the PCB is handing it to him for doing nothing! Atleast unlike Wasim he's not constantly on Indian chatshow's or coaching their batsmen!. Yeah i know his son is married to an Indian chick before you point it out!

Wasim often give tips to Indian's like Zaheer Khan who are our arch rivals in how to defeat us where as Woolmer was a South African and Mushy is coaching the English not the Indian's. I hope you can see the obvious difference!?

It angers me when a Pakistani advises or gives tips to Indian players who then go on and perform so well against us!. Rightfully, the Indian's would never allow a Tendulkar to coach our pathetic batters!!

Fact: Javed Miandad costs the Pakistan board money while Wasim Akram EARNS money off the Indians.

Fact: We want to play the IPL so badly and earn money from there but if Wasim does it its wrong.

Fact: The whole Pakistani team played in the now defunct ICL and made **** loads of money but that is okay, only Wasim Akram making money in India is wrong.

Fact: If our players play in the IPL they will have Indian team mates and automatically tips will be transfered. We dont see anything wrong in that scenario but Wasim tipping a few players is treason.

Fact: The Indians 'would never allow' Tendulkar is a supposition. Maybe we should invite him to coach and see what his response is before making that assumption.

Imranpak

Fact: Javed Miandad costs the Pakistan board money while Wasim Akram EARNS money off the Indians.

Fact: We want to play the IPL so badly and earn money from there but if Wasim does it its wrong.

Fact: The whole Pakistani team played in the now defunct ICL and made **** loads of money but that is okay, only Wasim Akram making money in India is wrong.

Fact: If our players play in the IPL they will have Indian team mates and automatically tips will be transfered. We dont see anything wrong in that scenario but Wasim tipping a few players is treason.

Fact: The Indians 'would never allow' Tendulkar is a supposition. Maybe we should invite him to coach and see what his response is before making that assumption.

Javed may cost us money so the PCB should get rid off him where as Wasim is always kissing Indian ass giving his secrets away to the likes of Zaheer.! Next he'll join RAW and start earning money that way!!

But the Indian's don't allow us to play in the IPL and earn our money yet have no problem in employing WA!!!

The point is that playing in India is different to coaching their players, in the case of WA he's assisting the Indian players to develope their skills that may very well be used against Pak in a future series.

No i disagree! Tips can't be transferred in the manner you suggest because playing a Sport is different to coaching which is why a player mostly does not make a good coach!. WA a great player but a sellout should just marry Sushmita Sen and remain in India.

At this point in time Sachin is not our coach so my previous comment stands until he takes over the reigns. His disliking of Pakistan can often be seen in his comments and the expressions on his face after every Indo-Pak encounter.

awan4ever

Wasim is always kissing Indian ass giving his secrets away to the likes of Zaheer.! Next he'll join RAW and start earning money that way!!

Is that a serious comment? I mean from cricket directly to RAW? Whats next? MOSSAD planted Sushmita Sen?

But the Indian's don't allow us to play in the IPL and earn our money yet have no problem in employing WA!!!

Wasim Akram is not employed in any capacity with Pakistan and he can go anywhere he wishes. The BCCI doesnt allow us to play but we ARE dying to play. Our board and captain have said over and over that the IPL should end the ban. So basically you should either say that Pakistan should NOT take part in IPL and all the players who played for ICL should return the money or you should not have any problem with anyone else making money.
Its a free market economy.

The point is that playing in India is different to coaching their players, in the case of WA he's assisting the Indian players to develope their skills that may very well be used against Pak in a future series.
No i disagree! Tips can't be transferred in the manner you suggest because playing a Sport is different to coaching which is why a player mostly does not make a good coach!.

Well you can rest easy because Wasim has openly said that he is not a good coach and doesnt have it in him to be one. That means his tips as a coach are useless! :D
You do realize that Wasim captained and played for Lancashire for over 10 years. Do you think he NEVER gave tips to any player during that time?

His disliking of Pakistan can often be seen in his comments and the expressions on his face after every Indo-Pak encounter.
Sadly im not good on reading face expressions so I will not debate your astute observations of Tendulkars face.

Imranpak

You say with great pride of Wasim earning money from Indian cricket so he can also sellout to RAW if they offer him million's because he suffers from an Indian complex spending more time in the neighbouring country then in Pak!.

Yeah Pak players should not play in any Indian competition instead we should develope our own T20 brand and attract world stars even if it's initially hosted in the Middle East due to our security situation. Those who are so desperate to play in India should never be allowed to represent the national side again.

I am aware of Wasim playing for Lancs and don't mind him giving tips to other players other then Indian's who are our eternal enemy, we've fought four wars with them, rememeber???. I've never heard Wasim say that he's a useless coach, Balaji is telling us above of the great effect he's having on his bowling and he's also helped other Indian's like Irfan Pathan and Zaheer Khan so can't be that bad.

Luckily, i am good at lip reading and observing facial expressions so can tell you that Teenda is anti-Pak to the core!. I often sense a simmering disliking for Pakistan everytime we're mentioned but no doubting his amazing talent.

In conclusion non of our players should be allowed to participate in IPL or any similar comp unless they're willing to sacrafice their international career. Can't do much about Wasim now as his career is over but his true face has long been exposed, it's a blessing that our players are banned from playing in their comp so i've no problem with that.

Last edited: