Proposal Solution to Pakistans Problems - Input please

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
Proposal Solution to Pakistans Problems

I usually dont get involved with the domestic politics. However, I feel very frustrated these days because of the sorry situation of the Pakistan.

It is quite clear that three of the current political parties have been given the chance to govern Pakistan. It has been proven that PML-N & Q and PPP have not been able to govern Pakistan properly and are corrupt. Different members of these parties are involved with different cartels. The political members of these parties, if they change their loyalties, they always move within these three parties. These three parties are one unit, which represents a cartel of corrupt people. Some members of these parties may be good people but their silence is criminal and they should be considered accomplice of these corrupt political parties.

Its time that the Pakistanis lean on other political parties. But all the other parties neither have the funds to market against this cartel of three major parties nor do they individually have a popular vote on a national basis. Furthermore, there are too many differences among these parties which some may perceive as irreconcilable. The leaders of these parties may be scared to make sacrifices because it might trigger some unhappy people in the base of the party. However, if the supporters of the party are willing to accept some sacrifices and changes then the leaders may have the strength to make historical decisions.

I believe that the middle class in Pakistan is represented by MQM, PTI and ANP. If these parties can somehow reconcile their differences, they can stand up opposite to the cartel of corrupts. Imran can help the MQM and ANP to penetrate in to Punjab. MQM can help ANP and PTI to penetrate in to Sindh. Also MQM is where the money is. Karachi and Hyderabad have huge populations and the average people donate for political causes more than any other city. ANP can get penetration into Punjab and Sindh due to PTI and MQM.

It may take an election or two to form a government through this coalition but at least they can play the role of a true opposition. If these parties dont reconcile and go on their own, it will take them decades to form a national government, that is if they ever do. By then the corrupt cartels would have sucked Pakistans resources dry.

Majority of the people on this forum want to contribute to the cause of Pakistan but consider themselves individually trivial to make any difference. Here is a chance for you to contribute to the cause of Pakistan. All you have to think and document your thoughts in this thread.

Since politics involves give and take. If you are a supporter of either MQM or PTI or ANP, what issues are you willing to give up to have a coalition among these three parties? What are your concerns with the other two parties? Dont forget that sometimes you have to do a small bad to achieve a greater good.

If we have reasonable ideas on this thread then maybe we can forward our concerns to all the three parties via emails to their leaders. I dont know if the email will ever be read but at least we tried. Its better than just having a drawing room gossip.

The following are my recommendations:

PTI: Imran should go easy on MQM and May 12th. What happened was not right but without the change in his stance, the reconciliation with MQM would be impossible.
Imran should also go easy on USA. He can do whatever he wants to, once he is in power. No need to announce it prior to his coming to power. USA can pump in money against his political campaign because of his anti-amercian slogans.
There should be more decentralization in PTI. Seems like that majority of the political campaign is run by a very small number of people. This way the PTI individuals can reach out to grass roots of the other two parties.

MQM: MQM should go easy on Imran and stop personal politics. MQM should also go easy on the chief justice.
MQM should stop condemning people with the religious background. Not everyone with a beard is a terrorist.
MQM should stop making anti-punjabi and anti-pathan statements.
MQM should stop being ultra pro-US in public.
MQM should extend a helping hand to PTI and ANP re the administration. MQM probably have the best administrators among the political parties.
MQM should sit down with ANP and discuss the reduction of weapons in Karachi, how it can be achieved and how the eroded trust can be repaired.

ANP: Should stop making anti-punjabi and anti-urdu speaking statements.
Stop interfering in religious matters.
Stop condoning USA and India and be anti-army.
Tell MQM and ANP what kind of help they need to provide ANP. Specially, financially.
Help MQM and ANP to understand the security situation in the NWFP better. And tell PTI and MQM the best way out of the security mess in their province.
ANP should sit down with MQM and discuss the reduction of weapons in Karachi, how it can be achieved and how the eroded trust can be repaired.

All these matters should be addressed and resolved at least one year prior to the elections.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
IN THE PRESENT SET-UP

yeh chaman yuhn rahay ga (This Garden will remain as it is)
hazaroon paranday apnee bollian book kar ur jahanay gay
(thousands of birds will sing their song and ran away).

Hopelessness, no green light even in the distant tunnel.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
babadeena said:
IN THE PRESENT SET-UP

yeh chaman yuhn rahay ga (This Garden will remain as it is)
hazaroon paranday apnee bollian book kar ur jahanay gay
(thousands of birds will sing their song and ran away).

Hopelessness, no green light even in the distant tunnel.

There is always a way out brother.
Common man, don't be lazy. Think and document.
May be the following couplets will inspire you:

UB kahan qom ki tadeer jagaanay waala
Ub kahan Qhuwaab ko tabeer banaanay waala

Khood hifazat karo iss mulk key wurna logon
Ub ko-ey quaid-e-Azam naheen aanay waala

And more:

Quaid-e-Azam kay wir-say key hifazat chahiyae
Nasl-e-aainda ko hum say yeh amanat chahiyae
Sun-salamat chahiae or ta-qayamant chahiyae

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
sher_khan said:

[clap] [clap] congrats khan saheb, best patriotic thread I have ever seen.

In my opinion, for what its worth, all these 4, 5 parties will never sit down at a round table to negotiate and discuss for the good of the people. They have absolutley no incentives in it for them.

Itg is quiet obvious that looters of the nation are over 50 years or aorund there. They are 'getting up there'.

they have stashed away millions of $ in foreign banks and probably still busy doin so.
They have got pretty good retirement plan figured out. They wont get into negotiation mood. Unless Allah's hammer comes down hard on them soon.

MQM-- Altaf bhai (my former hero) is wanted on 234 murder cases. His negotiation with any of the parties will be on monitor and a joke--- not an effective way of talking

PPP-- in power, and I am sure Zardari is poised to flee the country just before next election. He is totally engulfed money laundering. Also he is comitted murder(s) ( Murtaza Bhutto as per former president Laghari), he can not stay in Pak after his term is over, (Lord I hope he leaves before)

Nawz -- Americans will never let him come back in power. remember he is the PM during nuclear test

PTI -- only Imran is left. All I can say this bechara
'Akela chana kya khak bhand phorega?'
I truly think that PTI should be given a chance - for we do not need another experience garoh in Islamabd

So khan saheb, its wishful thinking but not practical.

the only solution is an honest and mu'min Khalifa. I checked around and found out that creating a party in Pak is gigantically expensive and complicated

*** If I only had $5M **** [wall]

remember we die only once

kashifr

Voter (50+ posts)
sher_khan said:

Temporary solution: Apply for Canadian Immigration & leave Pakistan (then help our brothers & sisters who donot qualify to get Canadian Immigration)

Permanent Solution: Hum ijtamai tour pay Allah say apnay kurtooton ki maafee mangany aur ainda say sahi rah pay chulnay ka aahud karain.

gazoomartian

kashifr said:
sher_khan said:

Temporary solution: Apply for Canadian Immigration & leave Pakistan (then help our brothers & sisters who donot qualify to get Canadian Immigration) [hilar]

Permanent Solution: Hum ijtamai tour pay Allah say apnay kurtooton ki maafee mangany aur ainda say sahi rah pay chulnay ka aahud karain.

you are correct on both accounts kashif

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
kashifr said:
sher_khan said:

Temporary solution: Apply for Canadian Immigration & leave Pakistan (then help our brothers & sisters who donot qualify to get Canadian Immigration)

Stay in pakistan. Be nice to India an drespect India People.Get education and do the right thing.

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
The plan is well thought off but there is one big big big problems how do you get the fools to vote for you, someone ells will fool them. :roll: :roll: :roll:

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Well i think this topic can be attacked from many different directions as we have so many things wrong with our system and society in general. I thing is for sure we need good honest competent men working in our institutions and merit based promotions.

First step has to be a revolutionary youth movement. We need educated and honest youth to stand together in this country. We need to instill in our society and youth characters of honesty and moral justice other wise we will make things worse than our fathers and forefathers have. We need to launch a campaign to target the society and spread awareness about the little things we do that are so corrupt and lead to the downfall of nations.

Then we need to get these educated and honest youths into government instituions. We must be uncompromising towards the corruption and bad deeds happening around us in institutions. We have to make examples of the people that choose to indulge in doggy behaviour and bring them to justice.

One of the biggest problems facing this country is the lack of inteligensia and lack of experts. And when we do have them we do not utilize them. Lets take raja pervaz ahraf for example, he is the head of wapda yet he is not an electrical or mechanical engineer. I know so many engineers that couldve been given that job and even with their hands tied they couldve done a better job. How can a non technical person do such a technical job?? This is our biggest problem, we have dumbasses running most of our institutions. Lets take the example of PAEC, litterally everyone in that institution is doing their respective technical job , whether it be engineers, accountants, administrators or anyone else. For 60 years they have had engineerings running the show and look how well they are doing. They never on the news for corruption , they do not make stupid mistakes, they do not interfere into politics. Musharraf did try for a while to put his retired stooges as important posts but the move was resisted and eventually those people were very unhelpful as they were soldiers. We have education ministers that have nothing to with education , we have ambassadors that have notthing ot do with civil service or foreign office. All this leads to weaker institutions and a weaker system. ]
The next thing we need to do is stop the political interference in institutional matters, for example the police and judiciary. We need to let these people do their jobs.

These are just the few of many steps needed and this is a very broad discussion to be had on the internet but its a good starting point. Im sure the older patrons have better ideas and solutions and i look forward to everyones opinions. Pakistan Zindabad

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
lol guys i think the problem is in our society , One person Imran khan cannot change everything , what he can do is inspire transparency and honesty. What he can do is charge people for the crimes they commit and force them to stop, rich or poor. But in the end society must mend its ways for him to have any success. He can be very honest and very hard working but if we have 159.999 million slackers and 1 guys who is honest it will never work. We need a change the concepts of acceptable and unacceptable for this society rather than a revolution. I understand the fact that the way this system works it forces the population to do corrupt things but we must resist that at all costs.

When i came back to pak for uni after finishing highschool , i only had about 2 3 days to prepare for the entry exams and i had no idea what they were like so obviously i wasnt well prepared. But while i was doing my exams ,my cousins kept telling me to ask for a sifarish ,even my own sister. But i was stubborn and kept saying listen its not fair to other people but their response was ur stupid everyone will do it and even if ur passing someone else wil take ur spot because they have a sifarish. So i tried for 5 universities with no luck and then a month before all the unis were about to start my dad asks me what do you want to do ,do you want to stay in pak ,come back, try again or do another course from a private university?? ..Finallyi cracked and said i wanna stay dad and sure enough a week later someone calls me and asks me whether i want to enrol or not. I used the tool of corruption for my personal gains and this is something all families do in paksitan. Whether it is for jobs, or university , or getting atta or chini or anything else for that matter. Its something we all do and its time we stopped. I can honestly say that is the only time i have used my dads position for anything and i felt very guilty and ashamed at that time too because i was not used to that sort of culture. I have stood in line like many poor pakistanis for one thing or another even tho my friends and family said "mein kerwa doon ga " . That is the sort of culture we have to change.

Lol o ps i was corrupt another time too haha when i was stopped by islamabad police at 4 am in the morning with no documents for the car. But that policeman was being unreasonable and said some mean things so i had to. Anyhoo point being no more corruption in any part of our life.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
My fellow Pakistanis:

The purpose of this thread is to transform ourselves into a think-tank.

It is very easy to feel dejected and give up. Our leaders our brought up from among us.

If we are too lazy to simply document possible reconciliations among the three parties (PTI, MQM and ANP) then we can't blame our leaders for being corrupt and lazy.

Don't forget. Coming out of the current crisis is not an available choice. It is an inevitable necessity. I think that it's time that we start exercising constructive criticism. Our criticism and recommendations should be specific.

It's high time that we start thinking about how to get out of this mess rather than a perpetually commenting that we are in a mess.

Each specified constructive thought, recommendation and advice will be appreciated.

How can these three parties reconcile?

barhaich

Senator (1k+ posts)
The only way forward is too push higher moral standards in our leaders. The only way is too inflict Islamic Punishments ( for leaders) for acts of corruption & treason. And system of Jail is practically a failure.

waleed1214

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
In my humble point of view society should change its behaviour rather then expecting our leaders to reconcile,PTI is the way forward but our massess have some lame excuse to reject him..
RECONCILIATION can only happen if the three parties work for the GREATER GOOD of the country and its poor people.

gazoomartian

barhaich said:
The only way forward is too push higher moral standards in our leaders. The only way is too inflict Islamic Punishments ( for leaders) for acts of corruption & treason. And system of Jail is practically a failure.

YES sur qalami hi eik rasta hai