President Obama announced Wednesday he will end the Afghan surge and remove 33,000 troops by next su

CoolDool

Minister (2k+ posts)
In a major policy speech on Wednesday night, President Obama announced plans to withdraw 10,000 U.S. troops from Afghanistan by the end of the yearand a total of 33,000 by the end of next summer. Promising to be as strategic as we are resolute, Obama spoke of the need to balance the war on terror with urgent domestic prioritiessuch as rising debt and hard economic times. He used Libya as an example of squeezing resources by relying on help from allies rather than putting boots on the ground. America, it is time to focus on nation-building here at home, the president said.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/06/22/obama-ends-afghanistan-surge.html

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Finally a better decision...I hope this is not another tactic for 2012 elections.

EniGma90

Minister (2k+ posts)
I ain't gonna believe that US will pull out their forces completely without attempting to get rid of our Nukes....Surely a false flag attack is coming in near future to justify their presence further in Afghanistan.

Whats the point of attacking Afghanistan?? Just for OBL & taliban.. no way... Main target is our nukes.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I ain't gonna believe that US will pull out their forces completely without attempting to get rid of our Nukes....Surely a false flag attack is coming in near future to justify their presence further in Afghanistan.

Whats the point of attacking Afghanistan?? Just for OBL & taliban.. no way... Main target is our nukes.

1. Many US cities with population of over 30,000 have passed a resolution that Obama brings back the troops. This is a major challenge for Obama specially election is coming. He wouldn't want another agitation like what the world has seen in Madison, WI, that was union related. Americans are suffering, losing jobs, homes, banks are foreclosing, economic slump has started. i am sure his advisers have given him earful advice.

2. Possible that zardari has already given them our nukes, or they have turned the key to nuke stock rooms, or they have already been neutralized by the US. Since this is a very sensitive matter, they will not disclose.

Its sad that US can go oversees, terrorize the world, kill millions of innocent people (korea, vietnam, Iraq, Af/pak) and when Americans turn against the war, they can simple pack up and leave and the affectee country is holding the bag for redevelopment. Look at Iraq, now Libya. US will simply go back to its border surrounded safely by Canada, two oceans and Mexico.

This is quiet in line with dajjaliat.