Policy Matters - 9th July 2010 - Syed Talat Hussain, Shaikh Rasheed

capre786

Minister (2k+ posts)
[flv]http://moviesrack.com/Jul2010/PolicyMatters9july2010.flv[/flv]

Last edited:

Muhammad Ikhlaq Siddiqui

Minister (2k+ posts)
politicians and media both seem to b quite immature and childish....actually POWR in pakistan is always used in negative manner without any code of conduct and ethics equally... either it comes to police, army, buisnessmen, fuedal lords, politicians or media.....it's all about POWeR!!!!!!!simply!power can't b digested by anybody!!!!!!

Khurram.k

Senator (1k+ posts)
okay let's be honest here .... politicians are dogs ...media is a puppy ... they are both after their own good . Media is supposed to be for people . for what I have noticed every anchor is more worried about getting their own ratings better ....it baffles my mind when people call in , in the shows they are allowed to call.... they are NEVER taken seriously , sometimes even a humiliated and or ignored. The real problem is that policticians when in power they start thinking of themselves as superior .... most (not all ) of these anchors act the same way ... most of them had never been on TV before media was freed in Musharraf's "AMRIAT" ,( I say AMRIAT in hyphens cuz I seriously think this elected body is more of a kingdom than Musharraf had enjoyed ) bottom line , I am forced to think neither politician nor media give a crap about a common man/woman in Pakistan (majority of 'em , I am sure there are good and different ones around)

HiddenDesire

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
okay let's be honest here .... politicians are dogs ...media is a puppy ... they are both after their own good . Media is supposed to be for people . for what I have noticed every anchor is more worried about getting their own ratings better ....it baffles my mind when people call in , in the shows they are allowed to call.... they are NEVER taken seriously , sometimes even a humiliated and or ignored. The real problem is that policticians when in power they start thinking of themselves as superior .... most (not all ) of these anchors act the same way ... most of them had never been on TV before media was freed in Musharraf's "AMRIAT" ,( I say AMRIAT in hyphens cuz I seriously think this elected body is more of a kingdom than Musharraf had enjoyed ) bottom line , I am forced to think neither politician nor media give a crap about a common man/woman in Pakistan (majority of 'em , I am sure there are good and different ones around)

Media runs after ratings? wow

And how ratings are made? What ratings are based on? Ofcourse PEOPLE. So ultimately people judge the media. Relationship is very clear now. High ratings mean linking of people and liking of people means you talk about people and vice versa.

Taking up burning issue in a talk show means you are representing the Masses. When you represent the Masses, people like you. When people like you, you get high profile.

Khurram, My friend, is there any other way of getting high ratings in a Gallup survey.

Khurram.k

Senator (1k+ posts)
Media runs after ratings? wow

And how ratings are made? What ratings are based on? Ofcourse PEOPLE. So ultimately people judge the media. Relationship is very clear now. High ratings mean linking of people and liking of people means you talk about people and vice versa.

Taking up burning issue in a talk show means you are representing the Masses. When you represent the Masses, people like you. When people like you, you get high profile.

Khurram, My friend, is there any other way of getting high ratings in a Gallup survey.

haha "Khurram, My friend, is there any other way of getting high ratings in a Gallup survey." Sir , that's exactly what I meant , it is done to get to those high ratings , why would you ask me if there is another way ? that is the only way and electronic media in particular is achieving it through the very processaga. I could mention tons of things media could concentrate on that relates to a common man's problem more than fake degrees or NRO ..... but every channel focuses on those issues alone cuz they know it's "spicy" .... so media is protecting it's own interest first and not caring about a common citizen of Pakistan as much . You made it sound like I was debating against media , I wasn't . but if you are tryina say that our media i flawless .... I rest my case... cuz that argument is not even worth my time . We should all have an open mind , just like anything below par regarding politician is objectionable ...so it should be for media too...that's all .

HiddenDesire

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
haha "Khurram, My friend, is there any other way of getting high ratings in a Gallup survey." Sir , that's exactly what I meant , it is done to get to those high ratings , why would you ask me if there is another way ? that is the only way and electronic media in particular is achieving it through the very processaga. I could mention tons of things media could concentrate on that relates to a common man's problem more than fake degrees or NRO ..... but every channel focuses on those issues alone cuz they know it's "spicy" .... so media is protecting it's own interest first and not caring about a common citizen of Pakistan as much . You made it sound like I was debating against media , I wasn't . but if you are tryina say that our media i flawless .... I rest my case... cuz that argument is not even worth my time . We should all have an open mind , just like anything below par regarding politician is objectionable ...so it should be for media too...that's all .

So at least ya admitted that efforts for high ratings are not objectionable cause Audience and Masses are behind them.

Now coming to MORE Genuine Issues other then Fake Degrees, I would say that no issue is more important then Fake Degrees.

What will happen if Media start pursuing gross root problems, which media does pursue after all, in absence of Competent people. Who will take Action on those issues? Is the competent authority (govt persons) is competent enough to tackle these issues? If Media cries for 100 years to get things in order in Oil Ministry, Wapda, Steel Mills, Railways, Police, General Administration and other IMPORTANT issues, will it make a difference in the absence of Competent people, no. Would these issues be solved by Ministers who head ministries, having fake qualifications, degrees, low ethics, n hunger for Rule? OR if media cries for 100 years for public legislation favoring poor n common people, would these fake degree legislators make such legislation?

So mere bhai, getting the right and competent leadership is the starting point which media is focusing on right now. Most issues in Pakistan need only common sense, will and sincerity and present legislators of Pakistan, amounting to 1200 in all assemblies, lack all these qualities.

When you say Media should focus on issues like Prices, Commodities, Corruption etc, you are actually saying that Media should emphasize saying a blind person to hunt for birds. Remember Bird can only be hunt by a skillful hunter. So get rid of these morons by exposing their fake degrees and whatever and look for real hunters or problem solvers.