Pakistan should apologise to Bangladesh - Hamid Mir

aushami

MPA (400+ posts)
@above...
I feel sorry for what our Army did in East Pakistan. I always apologize and express my feelings whever I meet someone from Bangladesh but as far as Mukti bani and Mujeeb ur Rehman are concerned. They were traitors to even Begali ppl for the fact that they wanted to annex Bangladesh with India. These are the truths revealed by one of mukti bani worker or shahid.

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
Why are you so mad at MR Hamid mir.. he is lot batter than Zaid Hamid ( His son I guess)
may i ask u why r u having praises and soft corner for Hamid mir ? i know he is not a Pakistani just because he has Pak NIC. he is simply a Kashmiree and ur agent.

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
Her assesment was pretty fair, we know we should appologize to bangladesh , and so should you for your mukti bani gang... We use terrorism as a policy and you use rape as a policy ,that is how we know u were involved in bangladesh.

Who the hell are you to come here and tell us what to do ?? have you taken care of the moaist and the naxals, have u taken care of the dalits ?? have you apologized to the kashmiris and the sikhs and the naxals ??
What gives indians the right to come here and tell us what to do and talk down to us. Go visit ur indian forums and see how they are fighting like dogs with their own muslims and listen to the language they use and the hatred they have for pakistan and muslims. I have been on many pakistani forums and they are much much better and much much more respectful than ur indian forums.
We must apologize to the bangalis and we do at a personal level and we get along really well but even after u helped them get independance they still do not like you.
Negitve things are rightly deleted her because this is a paksitani forum if you want to talk shit about pakistan go to youtube dont come here. My question is why are so many indians even here ??
in an army action like in east Pakistan in 1971, there is always a chance that few hundreds of innocent people will be killed.accusations have been made by Indians and their agents here who r so called historians as well and they have accused Pakistan army for rapes and killings. i can tell u that Pakistanies and Pakistan army were sufferers. it is propaganda made against Pakistan army to defame them made by IQTADAR K BHOOKEY SIASAT DAAN AUR UNKEY CHAMCHEY because politicians may not be that good in writing history and they hired or purchaised these so called ADEEB who wetre and are BIKAOO MALL.

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
On March 26, the government of Pakistan should apologise to the people of Bangladesh for the genocide of March 1971, says the wellknown Pakistan television anchor Hamid Mir.

Some people hate me a lot in Pakistan. They hate me because I said sorry to Bangladeshis two years ago at the Islamabad Press Club for the atrocities committed by the Pakistan army in 1971. They hate me because I also demanded an official apology from the government of Pakistan to the people of Bangladesh for the genocide of March 1971. They say I don't know anything. They say I am not a good Pakistani.

They say I was very young in 1971 and I am not aware of the truth. Yes, I was only a young school-going boy in 1971, but I heard and read a lot about the genocide. How can I deny my late father Professor Waris Mir who visited Dhaka in October 1971 with a delegation of Punjab University students?

My father was a teacher of journalism at the Punjab University in Lahore. He was asked by the university administration to organize a visit of the student union's office bearers to Turkey, but my father took the boys to Dhaka with their consent. They wanted to know what was actually going on in Dhaka.

I still remember that after my father came back from Dhaka, he wept for many days. He told us stories of bloodshed. These stories were similar to the story of my mother.
My mother lost her whole family during the migration from Jammu to Pakistan in 1947. Her brothers were killed by Hindus and Sikhs in front of her eyes. Her mother was kidnapped.

She saved her life by hiding under the bodies of her relatives. I remember that my mother cried a lot when my father told her that Pakistan army officers raped many Bengali women. My mother said, "We sacrificed for the safety of our honour, but why we are dishonouring each other today?"

My father always said that Bengalis made Pakistan and we Punjabis broke Pakistan. Once he said that March 23 is Pakistan Day, March 26 should be the apology day and December 16 should be the accountability day. I started understanding the thoughts of my late father when I became a journalist in 1987. When I first read the Hamoodur Rehman Commission Report I felt ashamed. This Pakistani commission inquiry report admitted to murder and rapes, but despite this documentary evidence, many people still live in a state of denial.

They say Sheikh Mujibur Rehman was a traitor who created the Mukti Bahini with India's help and killed many innocent Punjabis and Biharis. I say Sheikh Mujib was a worker of the Pakistan movement; he was a supporter of Fatima Jinnah, Muhammad Ali Jinnah's sister, till 1966. He only demanded some provincial autonomy, but the military rulers declared him a traitor. In fact, these military rulers were traitors because their troops raped their own mothers and sisters. They say I am a liar and I am an enemy of Pakistan. How could I be an enemy of Pakistan? My mother sacrificed her whole family for Pakistan. My problem is that I cannot deny the truth.

A senior colleague of mine is still alive. His name is Afzal Khan. He is 73 years old. He worked with the Associated Press of Pakistan. He was secretary general of the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists between 1980 and 1985. Afzal Khan was sent to Dhaka on March 28, 1971 for coverage of the army operations. He told me many times that yes, the Mukti Bahini killed a lot of innocent people, but what the Pakistan army did was not the job of a national army.

Once he was staying at Isphahani House in Khulna, then East Pakistan. An army major offered him the chance to spend the night with a girl. When Afzal Khan asked who the girl was, the major informed him that she was the daughter of a local police officer and she could come to Isphahani House at gun point. After this incident, Afzal Khan returned to Lahore.

Afzal Khan says that all those who were responsible for the rapes and genocide of Bangladeshis never enjoyed any respect in Pakistan. The name of General Yahya Khan is still like an abuse in Pakistan. His son Ali Yahya always tries to hide from people. General Tikka Khan is still remembered as the 'butcher of Bengal'. General A A K Niazi wanted to become the 'tiger of Bengal', but he is remembered as the 'jackal of Bengal'.
A majority of Pakistanis hate all those who were responsible for the genocide of their Bangladeshi brothers. That is the reason the family members of these army officers don't even mention publicly who their fathers were. Still there are people who are not ready to admit their blunders.

These people are in a minority, but they are powerful. I consider them enemies of the Pakistan for which my mother sacrificed her family. Why should we defend these enemies? Why doesn't our democratic government officially apologise to Bengalis? This apology will not weaken Pakistan. It will strengthen Pakistan.

I am sure that Pakistan is changing fast. A day will come very soon when the government of Pakistan will officially say sorry to Bangladeshis and March 26 will become an apology day for patriotic Pakistanis. I want this apology because Bengalis created Pakistan. I want this apology because Bengalis supported Jinnah's sister against General Ayub Khan till her last breath. I want this apology because I want to forge a new relationship with the people of Bangladesh. I don't want to live in my dirty past. I want to live in a neat and clean future. I want a bright future not only for Pakistan but also for Bangladesh.

I want this apology because I love Pakistan and I love Bangladesh.
Happy Independence Day to my Bangladeshi brothers and sisters.

Hamid Mir, Executive Editor, Geo TV, receives the SAARC Lifetime Achievement Award at the SAARC Writers Conference on Friday.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hamid Mir, Executive Editor, Geo TV knew you since you were a student in "Superior Science College, Wahdat-Road, Lahore!
Now coming to your ascertain's:
History is always distorted.Throwing caution to the wind, I had decided to go for it all. Tell me Hamid Mir! If our elders took the reported action in East Pakistan at their whim then Why then Indian Prime Minister "Indra Gandhi" said that Jinnah's "Two Nation Theory" (Basis of separate home land for Muslims) has proven wrong immediately after the "Fall of Dhaka"?

General Manik Shah who masterminded the entire War Plan was promoted to the rank of Field Marshal in recognition of his services by Indra Gandhi? Gen. A.A.K.Niazi (Commander Pakistan Forces in East Pakistan) laid down arms before Gen. Arora by handing him over his service pistol in front of Media men flashing camera lights (Witnessed by Millions in Pakistan on Door-Darshan Amritsar TVs LIVE coverage- in Lahore)

If West Pakistan forces were taking action against their innocent Bengali brethren then why huge contingents of Bengali solders were deployed /posted in East Pakistan at that time which remained silent spectators (Like General. Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani & ISI Chief, Ahmad Kamal Pasha-Today, when Raymond Davis was released). On creation of Bangladesh same spectators Army men become active soldiers as Bangladesh Armed Forces and took control over newly formed Bangladesh?

Bangladesh founding father, Sheikh Mujeebur Rehman arrested for treason by Gen. Agha M. Yahya Khan was in Mianwali Jail, at that time. Bhutto was so hungry for power that he couldnt even wait and came in Power as 1st Civilian Chief Marshal Law Administrator. Released Sheikh Mujeebur Rehman (Before the advent of Islamic Conference called in Lahore). Mujeeb flew (in a special plane with gifts) for Bangladesh & was seen off by none other than Z.A. Bhutto, himself.

Gen. Muhammad Irshad (COAS) brutally murdered Mujeeb-ur-Rehman and his entire family at his official residence in Dhaka and took control of power in Bangladesh. He was overthrown and killed in an Army Rest house in Chittagong and Gen. Zia-ur-Rehman took reins of Power. He too was assignated.

Now legacy of Zia-ur-Rehman & Mujeeb ur-Rehman; Begum Khalida Zia and Sheikh Haseena Wajid (Mujeebs daughter living in UK, when his father and family was murdered) are playing musical chairs for power in Bangladesh (Since 3-4 decades). Did some one really believe that it were our elders alone who are responsible for this divide United (East & West) Pakistan?

Similarly it will not be out of context to add that, its an absolutely blame on the citizen of Pakistan that they elect the Government. Leaving 1970 General Elections Pakistan never had free, fair and impartial elections. Z.A.Bhutto called early elections in 1977 being optimistic that he will win them overwhelmingly. Dream got shattered when Bhuttos own Law Minister Mian Akhtar got caught in camera while lifting Ballot Boxes of other candidates with his armed acquaintances. Next day the Photo got published on front page of almost all dailies. It initiated the strong movement against Z. A. Bhuttos powerful government on account of massive riggings. Bhutto agreed to hold By-elections in constituencies found rigged but the people struggle got highjack by opposition parties and consultations started between Government & Opposition parties nominated panel. Opposition panel was spearheaded by Maulana Mufti Mahmmod father of Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman (JUI). In the end after killings of numerous innocent personnel Maulana Mufti Mahmood & Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto reached an agreement and their picture in each others arm got published on full front page of daily JUNG. Modalities were being working out when then Army Chief, Gen. Zia-ul-Haq imposed Martial Law and arrested all the politicians from both factions and place them under protective custody in Sa'hala and Murree. When Zia-ul-Haq visited Bhutto after toppling his Government in Murree I was personally there at Agency (near Punjab & Sind House) and saw Zia-ul-Haq seated in the back seat of the black car while going towards the places where key politicians were detained. Afterwards, Army never held free, fair and impartial elections in Pakistan. Benazir, Nawaz Sharif both came in power twice but not with the mandate of eligible voters! Do not blame common men for the sorry state of affairs! Major criminal is Army Establishment.

samar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bengalies were killed by indian assets using pakistani army uniform.

Most importantly traitors were also in bengalies who killed their own people to blame pakistan.

This Hamid meer is screwed by army thats why he always speaks against them.

he had relations with punjabi taliban but nothing happened to him like raymond davis

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
about Hamid meer, i can only say that he is some agent working here and making us fool. what happened to Pakistanies and with their families,he never brought it to picture.he having access to media and electronic media,he always poses one sided stories and make the innocent people fool. i can only say that what all happend with our people and families,i m one of the witness to it. many of my colleages and their familes had suffered unhuman behavieor and sacrificed their honor,money,lives and families including children about which he never speaks.to me he is an agent who is working on some agenda.Bengalies were never anti pakistani.they were misguided by hindu teaching staff right from the day of indep in 1947.India was actualy working on that. Hamid mir has probably forgotten the remarks of Indra gandhi after the fall of Dacca. East pakistan had about 90 % of hindu teachers in their all institutions, schools,colleges and universisties.they basically worked on agenda. and later on after the fall, people going from here were told made up stories. hundreds of thousands of our muslim girls and women were forced to become prostitutes in India spcialy Calcuta and other cities.hamid mir have u ever thought about them ? who abducted them and made them workers of sex? hamid mir u r from Kashmir and what all is happening with Kashmiries at Indian held Kashmir? hamid mir u r a Kashmirie not a pakistani to feel our pain.much more i can say but i have writen some food for thought for people who r real pakistanies and think as well.

hamid meer is a CIA agent
once he falsely accused in american media that osama is preparing a nuclear attack on newyork from pakistan...this caused almost an attack over pakistan

what so called atrocities pak army did in bangladesh pale in comaprison to what bengali mukkti bahani did to bihari and west pakistani muslims in bangladesh...bengalis murdered like animals every west pakistani they saw in dhaka and more than thousand west pakistani women were gang raped by bengali extremist mukti bahani
also bengali mukti bahani had its center in india from where they got instructions
so its bengladesh that should ask apology to islamic world for its crimes against islam .not pakistan!
anmd hamid meer should be sent to bengadesh where he should be given job to run a cycle riksha till he dies

i am no supporter of pak army,.but its biggest critic...but in bangladesh 90% of atrocities were from bnegali mukti bahani towards pakistani muslims...not otherway round
so bangaldesh should ask apology ,if it does not than we dont need any friendship with it