Pakistan Railways reduced deficit first time in four decades

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Railways (PR) has reduced its deficit for first time in last 40 years and earned record Rs6 billion revenue in outgoing fiscal year 2013-14 showing 100 per cent improvement in revenue.

An official of PR talking to APP said, prudent policies adopted by the incumbent government and its flawless implementation enabled Railways to earn Rs6 billion.

It was for the first time that Railways achieved its revenue target and surpassed by 100 per cent it during last nine years.

A sum of Rs40 billion had been allocated for railways for the fiscal year 2014-15 to bring improvement in Railways system to provide better and convenient travelling facilities to passengers.

Around 60 new engines would be added in the Railways fleet by December current year while tenders had been issued to acquire another 75 new engines with major emphasis on coal-powered engines.

50 of them would be coal-powered engines of 4500 Horse Power, more powerful than the existing 3000 HP engines of Pakistan Railways.

Passengers would be availing better travelling facilities during the upcoming fiscal year 2014-15 by virtue of addition new engines.

A new train would soon operate from Hyderabad to Mirpur Khas and later a Night Train would be operated on Multan-Lahore route.
Railways would repair its main line-I from Karachi to Peshawar as part of initiatives for Pak-China Economic Corridor.

MoUs had been signed for Pak-China Economic Corridor and a sum of Rs380 billion would be spent with major focus on improving communications infrastructure i.e. rail and roads.

P.S: Any P0tians here to shout dhandli on this one??

http://www.brecorder.com/top-news/1...duced-deficit-first-time-in-four-decades.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Politcs

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Paistan Railways reduced deficit first time in four decades

Good job. thanks god padri and idiot khan were no where near train station otherwise trains where burnt by this time.

Thats what we are talking about...lets compete in delivery of content to public...I hope IK has learned its lessons...and now he can concentrate in KPK and work his arse off there so that in 2018 Pakistani public is victorious regardless of the fact who wins the election

MADdoo

Minister (2k+ posts)

Happy to hear that.....If this is true then Credit goes to Khawaja Saad Rafiq, Pyaar se Charlie Chaplin ....:P

jason

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

A reduction in loss wow what achievement.a reduction in loss what an achievement by rig master(bigsmile)

amir_ali

Burnol for the fasadis!!!

Burnol+plus.jpg

wahreh

Yaar sirf tanqeed barae tanqeed na karo. Its 100% revenue increase in only one year. That is a big achievement by any standard. Take a look at restructuring of ford, chrysler and GM how that worked and how slow was the recovery

A reduction in loss wow what achievement.a reduction in loss what an achievement by rig master(bigsmile)

arafay

business recorder is fairly reliable. so congrats to saad rafique for at least reducing the loss.

jason

Yaar sirf tanqeed barae tanqeed na karo. Its 100% revenue increase in only one year. That is a big achievement by any standard. Take a look at restructuring of ford, chrysler and GM how that worked and how slow was the recovery
just present the performance of railway for 10 years otherwise it is a news posted by APP and reported by railway official where Nooras are posted everywhere.No independent source is reporting.Don't make people fool.

Green Inside

Senator (1k+ posts)

bakwas , train main ja kar dekho kabhi kia hal hota hai ! railway police ko gully butt banayia hua hai

Green Inside

Senator (1k+ posts)

aur wo jo 10-12 engine first day he band ho gieay thay ? wo teka kis ko laga hai ?

just present the performance of railway for 10 years otherwise it is a news posted by APP and reported by railway official where Nooras are posted everywhere.No independent source is reporting.Don't make people fool.

I have relatives who work in the Pakistan Railways..and they tell me that saad rafique works like a railway employee himself, he is there at the railways headquarters at work every day. Unlike your KPK CM, who has been dancing in ISB for the past 1 month damaging the economy.. Past 10 year analysis, is present in the title. Every year the loss has been increasing since the past 40 years. This time, it has reduced. Please read carefully.

bakwas , train main ja kar dekho kabhi kia hal hota hai ! railway police ko gully butt banayia hua hai

Everything takes time, it has been only one year, keep watching.. PML-N has come in GOVT after 14 years. At least loads better than the performance of chaprasi Sheeda Tulli js ko IK apni goad mai bitha k ghoom rha hai..

jason

I have relatives who work in the Pakistan Railways..and they tell me that saad rafique works like a railway employee himself, he is there at the railways headquarters at work every day. Unlike your KPK CM, who has been dancing in ISB for the past 1 month damaging the economy.. Past 10 year analysis, is present in the title. Every year the loss has been increasing since the past 40 years. This time, it has reduced. Please read carefully.
you read my comments carefully saad rafique kay boot licker has business recorder commented on news reported by APP.don't make people fool.

aur wo jo 10-12 engine first day he band ho gieay thay ? wo teka kis ko laga hai ?

I'm damn sure if today Saad Rafique announces to join PTI, such hypocritical and shameful are the P0tians k wo iss ki tareefo mai zameen o asmaan k qalaabay mila dengay..

you read my comments carefully saad rafique kay boot licker has business recorder commented on news reported by APP.don't make people fool.

Officials are commenting on figures released.. If you know anyone who works in railways, ask him/her and they will tell you.. Until then just quit bluffing..

confuseme

Councller (250+ posts)

deficits ko kahin aur to nahi khappa dia accountants na

deficits ko kahin aur to nahi khappa dia accountants na

Ghor say parho

"It was for the first time that Railways achieved its revenue target and surpassed by 100 per cent it during last nine years."

The reduction in deficit is due to a 100% increase in revenue.

confuseme

Councller (250+ posts)

revenue kay against cash aaya ya receivables main dal dia??

confuseme

Councller (250+ posts)

aur dusri baat revenue kay against cost to aaye he nahi hoo gee