Pakistan knew of US raid just after it started: Rehman Malik

CoolDool

Minister (2k+ posts)
Now Pakistan will also accept that Govt. of Pakistan gave permission for this operation (clap)(clap)

6179fb7dfc9f246c12d3af1952cdd77e.jpg

DUBAI: Interior Minister Rehman Malik told an Arab television channel on Monday he knew of the US raid which killed Osama bin Laden only 15 minutes after its launch but had no idea of the target.
“I was made aware of the operation 15 minutes after it started,” the minister told Al-Arabiya channel in an interview, but he was not aware of the target.
Helicopter-borne US commandos carried out a raid lasting less than 40 minutes, killed bin Laden and took away his body from a compound in Abbottabad on May 2.
Malik stressed there was “permanent cooperation in the security field” between Islamabad and Washington, despite US concerns about the reliability of their key ally in the “war on terror.”
US President Barack Obama has pressed Pakistan to probe how bin Laden managed to live for years under the noses of its military, saying he must have had some kind of support network.
The White House is also calling on Islamabad to counter growing mistrust by allowing US investigators access to three of bin Laden’s widows who are in Pakistani custody and could have vital information on al Qaeda.
“We think that there had to be some sort of support network for bin Laden inside of Pakistan,” Obama told the CBS television show “60 Minutes” on Sunday.
“But we don’t know who or what that support network was. We don’t know whether there might have been some people inside of government, people outside of government, and that’s something that we have to investigate and, more importantly, the Pakistani government has to investigate.”
Senior US officials have said they have no proof Islamabad was aware of bin Laden’s hideout.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/164970/pakistan-says-knew-of-us-raid-just-after-it-began/

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Re: Pakistan knew of US raid just after it started: Malik

Basically Zardari & Co want to divert all blame on Army (which is off cours responsible for its failure) but the question arises here as Supreme Commander of the Military; did Zardari have given any order to attack.....?

Zardari & Co might know 2 week before about Abbottabad incident, after all he is CIA station Chief in Pakistan.

alpha

MPA (400+ posts)

Isss insan ka kuch naee ho sakta...

I mean what kind of irresponsible statement it is, I mean if you knew it after 15 minutes, what you did...... these people are digging their own grave...

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

I think fifteen minutes was too late.They probably finished their job in half an hour and disappeared.The question really is how they reached there without any detection by our Armed forces and got away with it ?The other day I read in Indian newspaper somebody suggesting they should do the same.This lapse on the part of our armed forces is obsolutely unpardonable.This should be thoroughly probed and those found guilty punished.We have become a laughing stock all over......!!

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger

yeh woh dog hai
jo jis ka khata hai
us kay liay he bhoonkta hai...

masla yeh hai kay woh saab say he khata hai apart from people of pakistan

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)

Chalo shukar hai aakhir kaar qaum say such to bola.

crankthskunk

I think fifteen minutes was too late.They probably finished their job in half an hour and disappeared.The question really is how they reached there without any detection by our Armed forces and got away with it ?The other day I read in Indian newspaper somebody suggesting they should do the same.This lapse on the part of our armed forces is obsolutely unpardonable.This should be thoroughly probed and those found guilty punished.We have become a laughing stock all over......!!

No Bro it was definitely not too late, if they knew in 15 minutes, the Americans were there for another 25 minutes according to their own statements the operation took around 40 minutes. I have already analysed that the Afghan's border is at least an hour flight for the helicopters at full speed. Pakistan had plenty of time to shot down these helicopters. Rehman Malik is only tightening the noose around his and his master AZ necks.

Pakistani should not let this incident die down and let these thieves get away with it, yet another time.

canadian

No Bro it was definitely not too late, if they knew in 15 minutes, the Americans were there for another 25 minutes according to their own statements the operation took around 40 minutes. I have already analysed that the Afghan's border is at least an hour flight for the helicopters at full speed. Pakistan had plenty of time to shot down these helicopters. Rehman Malik is only tightening the noose around his and his master AZ necks.

Pakistani should not let this incident die down and let these thieves get away with it, yet another time.

Yes.
I agree obsolutely !!

zeshaan

6179fb7dfc9f246c12d3af1952cdd77e.jpg

DUBAI: Interior Minister Rehman Malik told an Arab television channel on Monday he knew of the US raid which killed Osama bin Laden only 15 minutes after its launch but had no idea of the target.
“I was made aware of the operation 15 minutes after it started,” the minister told Al-Arabiya channel in an interview, but he was not aware of the target.

Wazeer e dakhala saab,
Zara lagay hathoon yeh bhee batay chalain keh DOOSARAY helicopter koo naa giranay kaa hukam kiss nay dia thaa?