Overseas Pakistanis aren't very happy about ridiculous policy on mobile phones

jani1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ہینڈ کیری بیگ بھر کر موبائل سمگل کرنے والوں پر بم گرا ہے۔۔۔باقی کوئ زیادہ فرق نہیں پڑے گا۔۔۔مگر ہاں ملک کو اچھا ریوینیو آئے گا۔۔۔

Alpha Charlie

MPA (400+ posts)
Stop spreading Lies ... !!!
Foreign Currency Remittance Card
Give us credit for custom duties

Lot more facilities offer by Govt
Thx opf.org.pk

Pathfinder

In UK you pay the tax or go to Jail! Same with any other country, there is NO compromise in tax collection. But Pakistani qaum will pay taxes and obey the laws abroad but NOT in Pakistan.

Kavalier

so if you are staying in Pakistan more than a month

whats the deal then? over a month you have to pay taxes

I visit pakistan often and usually more than a month

it is stupid to say the least

I do not understand what you mean, I will be going to Pakistan in coming months and do not understand this new law...

kashifraza

MPA (400+ posts)
world 5th nation can't built their phone its a shame. why not put ban on importing phones and save billions $$$$$$ and help grow local IT companies to build phone for you which will give jobs to millions of pakistanies.. tax is fair when you pay £500s to just apple samsung brands for show ur wealth how much extra you can pay. but don't want to pay tax on it. same hardware phone in other brands are much cheaper buy them from pak when u visit. Stop crying if you are rich then you must pay tax on luxury items like phone.

scholar

تو پھر حکومت کو بھی بیرون ملک کے لوگوں کے بھیجے گئے سرمائے پر انکو مارجن منافع دینا چاھئیے کیونکہ یہ بھی انوسٹمنٹ ھے زرمبادلہ آتا ھے جسکو گورنمنٹ اپنے زرمبادلہ کے زخائر کے طور پر لیتی ہے ۔
اس پر گورنمنٹ کی کوئ قانون نہین بنائے گی کیونکہ اس سے اپنی جیب ڈھیلی کرنی پڑے گی ۔
اور یہ قانون قانون کی کیا بات کی ہے کہ اس ملک کے قانون پر چلو کوئ ملک تو بتاو ترقی یافتہ جہاں پر یہ قانون ھو۔۔
۔اور سہولت تو کیا دینی اورسیز کو الٹا ائرپورٹ سے پاکستانی قانون کے رکھوالے اور عوام انکو لوٹنا شروع کر دیتی ہے مختلف حربوں سے۔

باتیں چودنا پاکستانیوں کو بڑا آتا ہے بس
main aap ke is baat sy itefaq kerta houn k airport per overseas pakistanio sy bohat he bura salook hota hai tu main overseas pakistanio sy request kerta houn k wo Govt. ke attention is taraf kerwain but if Govt put text on mobile phone then no need to make this issue and cooperate with poor Govt. ... thanks

kayawish

spoofing IMEI works and it is vey easy to bypass this phone tax ... but i dont know if two phones with one IMEI will work in pakistan on paki networsk .... because as far i understand you have to register ur phone IMEI number on airport not the phone model.FIrst register two different IMEI numbers on airport and when again u wana visit pakistan so buy again two new phones and spoof both IMEI´s to the ones which u registerd last time on pakistani airport.Then they wont tax you because when they check the IMEI on their system they will find out that it was already registerd and tax was paid.Just keep spoofing IMEI´s whenever u wana visit pakistan.On android phones i can spoof IMEI not worked on iphone yet.I use one phone which has two IMEI numbers becasue it has two sim slots :D

disgusted

spoofing IMEI works and it is vey easy to bypass this phone tax ... but i dont know if two phones with one IMEI will work in pakistan on paki networsk .... because as far i understand you have to register ur phone IMEI number on airport not the phone model.FIrst register two different IMEI numbers on airport and when again u wana visit pakistan so buy again two new phones and spoof both IMEI´s to the ones which u registerd last time on pakistani airport.Then they wont tax you because when they check the IMEI on their system they will find out that it was already registerd and tax was paid.Just keep spoofing IMEI´s whenever u wana visit pakistan.On android phones i can spoof IMEI not worked on iphone yet.I use one phone which has two IMEI numbers becasue it has two sim slots :D
The type of thinking that has put us neck-deep in shit. Trying to break law honestly?

ts_rana

Minister (2k+ posts)
اس طرح کے کا م کا مقصد اوور سیز پاکستانیوں کو ذلیل کرنا ہے وہ کام جو اسحاق ڈار نے شروع کئے تھے مثلاً ایئر پورٹ ٹیکس یہ انہی کا ایک تسلسل ہے۔ یہ محب وطن پاکستانیوں کو قانون صرف اوور سیز پاکستانیوں پر ہی یاد آتا ہے۔ اس فضول پالیسی کی حمایت کرنے والوں سے میرا سوال ہے کہ اور کس ملک میں اس طرح کی رجسٹریشن کی جاتی ہے ؟ ایک بندہ چوبیس گھنٹے سفر کے بعد جب پاکستان پہنچے تو پھر اسے دوبارہ لائن میں کھڑے کرو ۔ پہلے بھی جان بوجھ کر اسکے سامان کی تلاشی لی جاتی ہےتاکہ زیادہ سے زیادہ رقم بٹوری جاسکے۔ سارا کچھ کلیئر کروا کر باہر نکلو تو سامان والی ٹرالیوں پر سول ایوی ایشن کے ملازموں نے قبضہ کیا ہوتا ہے تاکہ اس سے بھی پیسے بنائیں جاسکیں۔

ts_rana

Minister (2k+ posts)
Just see how much duty+tax you have to pay for a fone and let me know in which country one pay such heavy duty + tax ? more than 50% of a fone price? PTI people shuldnt say yes to everything just to support their govt. Read the comment under the video and see how people cursing govt.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bus paisai na denai parrain aur baaki sub mulk theek chahiye.... zara europe ka chaker lagao Ye gorai her qadam pai paisa merai hain phir jaker facilities detai hain

1. These overseas are feeding bloody useless corrupt Pakistani awaam already. Sending $19 billion every year. Government gladly take their dollars, print rupees and give to their families.

At least have enough sharam and disburse remittances in dollars to their families like it is being done in China.

2. Europe taxation model is crippling and collapsing. We need to adopt fair and progressive taxation system of USA.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
اس طرح کے کا م کا مقصد اوور سیز پاکستانیوں کو ذلیل کرنا ہے وہ کام جو اسحاق ڈار نے شروع کئے تھے مثلاً ایئر پورٹ ٹیکس یہ انہی کا ایک تسلسل ہے۔ یہ محب وطن پاکستانیوں کو قانون صرف اوور سیز پاکستانیوں پر ہی یاد آتا ہے۔ اس فضول پالیسی کی حمایت کرنے والوں سے میرا سوال ہے کہ اور کس ملک میں اس طرح کی رجسٹریشن کی جاتی ہے ؟ ایک بندہ چوبیس گھنٹے سفر کے بعد جب پاکستان پہنچے تو پھر اسے دوبارہ لائن میں کھڑے کرو ۔ پہلے بھی جان بوجھ کر اسکے سامان کی تلاشی لی جاتی ہےتاکہ زیادہ سے زیادہ رقم بٹوری جاسکے۔ سارا کچھ کلیئر کروا کر باہر نکلو تو سامان والی ٹرالیوں پر سول ایوی ایشن کے ملازموں نے قبضہ کیا ہوتا ہے تاکہ اس سے بھی پیسے بنائیں جاسکیں۔

Hamad Azhar's whole family was in PMLN for decades. This clown is doing things to destroy Imran Khan's reputation among overseas Pakistanis.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
When I watch Pak channels.
I see so many ads for phones.
Yet there is is still a "demand" for phones from relatives from abroad ?

Are the phones sold in Pakistan so crap...... If so why ?

Are only second class things sold in Pakistan ??

Seems to me that there was a loophole in the system which has been filled.

IE It was cheaper for your relative to bring you a phone from abroad than it was for him to buy you one from Pakistan ?

SLAVE mentality MAYBE that somehow what is sold in Pakistan is inferior to that your relatives can take to Pakistan from abroad.......

Yes, I purchased a Note 8 in Pakistan while I was there and it was a water-down version, even software was not up to par. Came back and purchased a new one in US and got rid of that sucker.

Similarly purchased a top of the line Honda Civic (Oriel) in Pakistan which was also worthless piece of shit. I drove Honda for many years in US and this was by far the shittiest quality Honda I ever came across at such a high price.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
There is tax on everything u mentioned but ur daddies of ppp n pmln made this system so weak n corrupt that nobody wants to pay now lol.
As far as tax on cell phone, if u r taking fone for ur own use then there is no tax, tax is on extra fone. This tax will curb fone smuggling. Try bringing an extra fone to USA n u will see, try bringing cigarettes, yeh sab choro try bringing a box of mithayi n u will see wat happens to u at customs lol.
Yahan to entry k liye apni pant bhi utaar dete ho bus Pakistan mein extra fone per tax detey huey moat parti hay. If u r rich enough to bring extra fones, u r rich enough to pay tax on it

You sound like a big-time liar. I never once had any problems. You are mixing things up. Certain things are not allowed due to Department of Agriculture regulations. Nothing to do with customs.

ts_rana

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hamad Azhar's whole family was in PMLN for decades. This clown is doing things to destroy Imran Khan's reputation among overseas Pakistanis.
We must blame IK who actually promis overseas Pakistani on all occassions. The policy is very clear that they need money and looking to collect in every way. These duties and taxes are unjustified which needs to remove . To pay fair tax is something else but to pay duties like that is not justified. Why dont they collect the taxes through FBR rather to impose thousand tax + duties on different things. They are not facilitating people but main focus to collect money.

The Revolutionist

Minister (2k+ posts)
اب کیا سارا پاکستان بیرون ملک پاکستانیوں کے نام پرلکھ دیں ۔۔ قانون پر چلو جیسے ملک کا قانون کہتا ہے اور جیسے تم سب بیرون ملک
اس ملک کے قانون پر چلتے ہو

Chotye 2 mobile lana kunsay qanoon k khilaaf hai,agar koi 3 4 ya 10 mobile latha hai tu us par tax lagao,Overseas Pakistanis already face thousands of issues at the airport and now this is a new drama for them to face.

sara din tu tum aur tumara PM overseas sey bheek mang raha hotha aur waqt anay par unhi ki gaand mar raha hai.no more funds to pti aur dam funds, pti govt is taking the piss.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
ہینڈ کیری بیگ بھر کر موبائل سمگل کرنے والوں پر بم گرا ہے۔۔۔باقی کوئ زیادہ فرق نہیں پڑے گا۔۔۔مگر ہاں ملک کو اچھا ریوینیو آئے گا۔۔۔

If you are man of your words, Perhaps after three month you should share the total amount collected.

I am sure it will be a joke like the one you wrote here today.