Overseas Pakistanis aren't very happy about ridiculous policy on mobile phones

Green Inside

Senator (1k+ posts)
agar koe bahir k mulak main job karay , income tax day , mobile khreeday sales tax etc day . aur wo phone pakistan main apnay bahi ko gift kar day to is loop main pakistan kahn say aa gayia . haan agar sale karay pakistan aa kar to phir to tax hona chieay lakin gift per kyun?

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is unnecessary and evil when you don't have balls to collect from those who pay zero income tax in Pakistan. Rather you want to squeeze from those who send $19 billion every years to keep this bankrupt economy alive.

If remittances were not coming, Pakistan would go bankrupt in days.

What kind of jahil, non-compassionate, idiotic and morally bankrupt nation would collect tax on someone's personal gift. What a useless nation!

In US, I order stuff from China all the time. I ask sender to mark it as gift. Not a single time US custom charged me a single penny because it's a gift.
Ok, I assume you are a reasonable person, and I probably will only reason this one time, Pakistan like you put it, was on the verge of bankruptcy, which is a very real problem, and don’t just need a set of balls made of steel but a pretty clever head to go with it. The current government have increased the tax rate, have increased the tax net and gone after tax defaulters, but at the same time they have to look at all venues and plug holes that are leaking tax avoidance. In the U.K. we have to pay 20% value added tax, if I buy something I want to take out of the country, I can claim that back and pay it in Pakistan or any other country I am going to. Pakistan isn’t a dumping ground, we have a massive trade deficit, which is why imports must be taxed to discourage it, and mobile phones are part of that. Overseas Pakistani’s send money to their families, yes it’s massivly beneficial for the country but that’s not why we send it, if we didn’t have any family there we wouldn’t send any money.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ok, I assume you are a reasonable person, and I probably will only reason this one time, Pakistan like you put it, was on the verge of bankruptcy, which is a very real problem, and don’t just need a set of balls made of steel but a pretty clever head to go with it. The current government have increased the tax rate, have increased the tax net and gone after tax defaulters, but at the same time they have to look at all venues and plug holes that are leaking tax avoidance. In the U.K. we have to pay 20% value added tax, if I buy something I want to take out of the country, I can claim that back and pay it in Pakistan or any other country I am going to. Pakistan isn’t a dumping ground, we have a massive trade deficit, which is why imports must be taxed to discourage it, and mobile phones are part of that. Overseas Pakistani’s send money to their families, yes it’s massivly beneficial for the country but that’s not why we send it, if we didn’t have any family there we wouldn’t send any money.

US is well known for it's evil taxation system. Also they are the ones who destroyed our sub-continent. So save your examples right there.

We need to adopt more progressive taxation system like USA. UK and EU both are failed and rotten systems.

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
US is well known for it's evil taxation system. Also they are the ones who destroyed our sub-continent. So save your examples right there.

We need to adopt more progressive taxation system like USA. UK and EU both are failed and rotten systems.
U.K. you mean, well it is the god father of modern economy and taxation, so like it or not, is being implemented through out the world including the US. Trump has imposed billions in taxes on Chinese and Imports from almost all the countries, so I don’t understand what you mean by evil taxation. If you think everything that negatively impacts you is evil, and everything that positivily impacts you is great, then you are not alone, Pakistan is full of people like you. To whome it’s all about them, and them only, regardless of whether what’s done is right, logical or even ethical. We are grown with the mentality and greed of self benefit, we need to change that to being a nation who takes pride in doing the right thing.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
U.K. you mean, well it is the god father of modern economy and taxation, so like it or not, is being implemented through out the world including the US. Trump has imposed billions in taxes on Chinese and Imports from almost all the countries, so I don’t understand what you mean by evil taxation. If you think everything that negatively impacts you is evil, and everything that positivily impacts you is great, then you are not alone, Pakistan is full of people like you. To whome it’s all about them, and them only, regardless of whether what’s done is right, logical or even ethical. We are grown with the mentality and greed of self benefit, we need to change that to being a nation who takes pride in doing the right thing.

Yes, godfather who is having hard time even keeping their island togather. They were looters and robbers in past and that is what they still are today.

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes, godfather who is having hard time even keeping their island togather. They were looters and robbers in past and that is what they still are today.
And that is what they will remain, and do you know why, they have got the brains that will keep them ahead of everybody else. As for keeping their own islands together, what are you talking about, the Queen is the head of state of Canada, Australia and Newzeald, so indirectly they are managing a lot more than you know.