Nuclear strategies: India vs. Pakistan

hans

Banned
Might interest you all....

The nuclear strategies of both countries emphasise deterrence, but there is a fundamental difference between the two in that Pakistans strategy is aimed at deterring a conventional threat from India...while Indias is aimed at deterring a nuclear one from Pakistan.

Since a conventional confrontation is easier to develop and must almost invariably precede a nuclear one, Pakistans deterrence has to function much more actively than Indias.
This has an impact on force structure, force posture, and the relationship between conventional and nuclear strategies. As the conventional military balance continues to shift in Indias favour, Pakistans reliance on its nuclear capability will increase and so will its effort to lower the nuclear threshold.

Thus Pakistans strategy is likely to emphasize not just first use but early first use in the coming years. The big problem for Pakistan is that not only is the conventional military balance in Indias favour, but so is the nuclear one. Pakistan was able to maintain conventional operational parity with India for many decades, but is now losing ground rapidly. Much the same is going to happen in the nuclear field.

Koithara, Verghese (VADM, IN).

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)

The nuclear strategies of both countries emphasise deterrence, but there is a fundamental difference between the two in that Pakistan’s strategy is aimed at deterring a conventional threat from India...while India’s is aimed at deterring a nuclear one from Pakistan.

Since a conventional confrontation is easier to develop and must almost invariably precede a nuclear one, Pakistan’s deterrence has to function much more actively than India’s.
This has an impact on force structure, force posture, and the relationship between conventional and nuclear strategies. As the conventional military balance continues to shift in India’s favour, Pakistan’s reliance on its nuclear capability will increase and so will its effort to lower the nuclear threshold.

Thus Pakistan’s strategy is likely to emphasize not just ‘first use’ but ‘early first use’ in the coming years. The big problem for Pakistan is that not only is the conventional military balance in India’s favour, but so is the nuclear one. Pakistan was able to maintain conventional operational parity with India for many decades, but is now losing ground rapidly. Much the same is going to happen in the nuclear field.

– Koithara, Verghese (VADM, IN).

You r indian , I am monitoring your posts since long time.U r trying to fool us.

Last edited:

sngilani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Bad News for India Pakistan has built far superior weapons than India.

Last edited:

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

The nuclear strategies of both countries emphasise deterrence, but there is a fundamental difference between the two in that Pakistan’s strategy is aimed at deterring a conventional threat from India...while India’s is aimed at deterring a nuclear one from Pakistan.

Since a conventional confrontation is easier to develop and must almost invariably precede a nuclear one, Pakistan’s deterrence has to function much more actively than India’s.
This has an impact on force structure, force posture, and the relationship between conventional and nuclear strategies. As the conventional military balance continues to shift in India’s favour, Pakistan’s reliance on its nuclear capability will increase and so will its effort to lower the nuclear threshold.

Thus Pakistan’s strategy is likely to emphasize not just ‘first use’ but ‘early first use’ in the coming years. The big problem for Pakistan is that not only is the conventional military balance in India’s favour, but so is the nuclear one. Pakistan was able to maintain conventional operational parity with India for many decades, but is now losing ground rapidly. Much the same is going to happen in the nuclear field.

– Koithara, Verghese (VADM, IN).

So you gave one side of the story what about the other side? I have always treated you as an anti Pakistani which you keep confirming but when I talked about it the last time you gave me a big lecture about how patriotic you were. Patriotic my ***. You are full of s***. What are you trying to accomplish by this stupid thread???

GeoG

So you gave one side of the story what about the other side? I have always treated you as an anti Pakistani which you keep confirming but when I talked about it the last time you gave me a big lecture about how patriotic you were. Patriotic my ***. You are full of s***. What are you trying to accomplish by this stupid thread???

He / She is a patriotic Pakistani but uses Israeli / Sri Lankan / Zimbabwean flag.
Now get ready for an assault of private messages from her / him...

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)

Thanks for the post. I have always said there are two options since India announced " no first use option" but Pakistan keeps its "first use option"

1. If Pakistan uses its first option and India did not respond -- there will be many causalities in India, World community will denounce Pakistan, catastrophic situation for Pakistan.

2. If India responds to Pakistan"s first option, Pakistan is destroyed, no country in the World will mourn for Pakistan.

I hope and pray to God we All live in Peace.

Last edited:

hans

Banned
Well.. all I can say I am not a Punjabi.

and correct me, if you are not a Punjabi... you are not a Pakistani ...

that is what you want to hear?.... Precision Engineering .... PIA Karachi ... not a single Non Punjabi is been employed... may i ask Why?

This is the same attitude .. we lost East Pakistan and we will In šāʾ Allāh lose more of Pakistan as time progress.

You track my other end, that is all you can do... and play with my smelly mess I leave around.

Its good for your mental health ... to keep an open eye and far better an open mind. Read newspaper of other nation if you can, read a few books beside what been cranked up by Crazy Mullah. Or the ISI ideology. Take a good hard look at our Flag, do you see the Green and white portion.
THis flag shows clearly tells us how to live and lead others to respect what we are.

SO stop crying like a baby, India or Pakistan, or what ever color or Creed, make sure your action shines "Respect" all over.

Get my point. Or would you like me to varnish your bumbs pink?

You r indian , I am monitoring your posts since long time.U r trying to fool us.

Last edited:

GeoG

that is what you want to hear?.... Precision Engineering .... PIA Karachi ... not a single Non Punjabi is been employed... may i ask Why?

This is the same attitude .. we lost East Pakistan and we will In šāʾ Allāh lose more of Pakistan as time progress.

You track my other end, that is all you can do... and play with my smelly mess I leave around.

No we will InshaAllah kick backside of people like you who pretend to be Pakistanis and are proud of Zionist heritage...

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)

Its good for your mental health ... to keep an open eye and far better an open mind. Read newspaper of other nation if you can, read a few books beside what been cranked up by Crazy Mullah. Or the ISI ideology. Take a good hard look at our Flag, do you see the Green and white portion.
THis flag shows clearly tells us how to live and lead others to respect what we are.

SO stop crying like a baby, India or Pakistan, or what ever color or Creed, make sure your action shines "Respect" all over.

Get my point. Or would you like me to varnish your bumbs pink?

Got you, don't try to be over clever. (Read newspaper of other nation if you can) .Only studip,idiots and dumbs read times of India , Hindustan times etc.you proved your identity yourself.Gay Hind.