Must read : if you are thinking about going to karachi

Rana Tahir Mahmood

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dear Aging: well you are absolutely right about the loadshedding and might perhaps been frustated from the overall condition to let you put that remarks.

To all forum members, being an overseas Pakistani we deeply love Pakistan and feel saddened,emotional, frustated over news and events that are going on. But we also realized that while living in Pakistan we lacked basic nessacities like health/and peace which we never realized until going abroad where we learned basic rights.

I lived in Karachi all live before immigrated abroad, when my family member visited and there is strikes/firing/ and fire on buses they got scared and I use to laugh at them saying "dont be scared".......... i was FOOLED. Now when I visit for a week, i feel UNSAFE,insecure. I worried about my parents, my family, and my siblings, with each day passes I thank GOD for their safety. Is this what should be proud of and defend rather than admitting what as a nation we are lacking.

Mr Aging comments has aggravated many members and some become emotional and commented about mummy/daddy....... he though was wrong about electricity/water problem but over all there are many problems AND his just is way of taking out frustation but I can bet deep inside he loves his country as I do and as we all do.

We will never succeed if kept on fighting and defending whats wrong.... We should openly listen all comments/thread as its a forum.

Warm regards
One of Overseas Pakistani

I like your feeling and looked to me that you are an educated and gentleman. That is the spirit we Pakistanis need to build. Bravo.

fahid_asif

Senator (1k+ posts)
My elder brother is in Karachi for entry test and interview in Agha Khan hospital. May Allah save him.

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Zahir hai, bura bhala kahain gay... coz Pakistan can be better then what it is right now...

Pakistan is our real home.Hamarey Jaan Bhi Uss Per Qurbaan.We are working abroad for economic reasons only.However,when we point out something it's sheer out of our love and affection for our Country.Why we are here on siasat ? There are hundreds of other chat sites ?So when somebody suggests something for the improvement of the Country it should be taken in good stride.We are all one family and treat each other with love,affection and respect.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
@ elipst - Kaun say karachi main rehtay hain bhai ? Either u agree that there is loadshedding.. or u admit that ur one of the HIGLY looked after group member, jin kay ilaaqay main electricity kabhie nahin jatie.

I dont know what you are talking about. These are stories farigh people come up with. I live in Gulshan-e-Iqbal near Bait-ul-Mukarram. All parties exist here but it is traditionally a JI area. There is hardly any loadshedding in defence and that is PPP and JI area as well. On the other hand Liaquatabad has the highest loadshedding.

It has to do with line losses(kundas etc) KESC does more loadshedding in areas with more kundas and less in areas with less. Thats why we see more loadshedding in katchi abadis. No other reason.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
May be U PEOPLE belongs to this big space left UNFILLED

I think becuase I was not living in the area supported ..................................... sorry I cant talk openly I have a family in karachi so thanx

Stop spreading senseless stories. I live in a JI area.

It has to do with line losses(kundas etc) KESC does more loadshedding in areas with more kundas and less in areas with less. Thats why we see more loadshedding in katchi abadis. No other reason.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
My elder brother is in Karachi for entry test and interview in Agha Khan hospital. May Allah save him.

Well Karachi is a lot safer than most of the places in Pakistan. Where in Pakistan dont you have loadshedding and robberies? People exaggerate. And best of luck to your brother.

wanderer

Siasat.pk - Blogger
I dont know what you are talking about. These are stories farigh people come up with. I live in Gulshan-e-Iqbal near Bait-ul-Mukarram. All parties exist here but it is traditionally a JI area. There is hardly any loadshedding in defence and that is PPP and JI area as well. On the other hand Liaquatabad has the highest loadshedding.

lol again..
kaun sa defence ?? Phase 3 and 8 .. main constant loadshedding hotie hai. and kabhie itnie hotie hai..kay light wapis annay kah naam nahin laytie.

Like I said ur area must be someone's favourite kay electricity nahin JATIE.

lUCKY U.

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
@ aping4 - U must have gone to that area jahan per electricity stealing chalti hai. lol. otherwise U wouldnt have noticed the loadshedding if

@ elipst - Kaun say karachi main rehtay hain bhai ? Either u agree that there is loadshedding.. or u admit that ur one of the HIGLY looked after group member, jin kay ilaaqay main electricity kabhie nahin jatie.

That's a common problem in all third world countries.It would be sheer foolishness to compare it with Toronto or Melbourne !! You should not be insensitive to people who live there and endure those hardships every day.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
lol again..
kaun sa defence ?? Phase 3 and 8 .. main constant loadshedding hotie hai. and kabhie itnie hotie hai..kay light wapis annay kah naam nahin laytie.

Like I said ur area must be someone's favourite kay electricity nahin JATIE.

lUCKY U.

Bhai jati hai. Aaj kal roz 3 se 4 ghanate jati hai. Strike se pehle buhat kam jati thi. Hum loag bus bijli chori nahi karte...

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dear Aping, you are lucky enough, you came back in one peace and had suffered only minor regular issues, One of my colleague, who went karachi after 8 years on 2 months leave, came back in just a week time, he was so dejected, exhaust, after my insist of asking repeatedly same question, why he came back so early, he told me, he was looted on gun point and was about to killed. You can imagine, overseas Pakistanis suffering.

C'mon Abbasi Bhai.. its not just over seas Pakistanis suffering..

Everybody is suffering...

Does that only happen in Karachi??

Why single out Karachi when the whole country is facing similar scenario???

Last edited:

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)

Wish him luck... and dont forget to paste the impression he got from visiting Karachi....

By the way... You just need to take some precautions... rest is generally fine...

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
Zahir hai, bura bhala kahain gay... coz Pakistan can be better then what it is right now...

Yeah... It could be better if all those people who ran away... for some reasons or other... could stay and work for its betterment...