Modi turns up to face Gujarat riots probe

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUqVRt5aMz4[/video]
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday appeared before the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) for questioning over the 2002 communal riots.

SIT has summoned Modi to depose in connection with a complaint of Zakia Jaffery, widow of former Congress MP Eshan Jaffery, who was killed in the riot at Gulburg Society here along with 69 others.

This will be for the first time that Modi has presented himself before any authority to explain his role in the riots.

Modis security and a bomb disposal squad reached the SIT office before him.

CNN-IBN learns that Modi is likely to be asked these questions by the SIT:

Did he hold a meeting of his top officials on February 27, the day of the Godhra riots and ask Gujarat police officers to go slow against rioters?

Did he instruct any of his ministers to sit in the police control room when the riots were taking place?

Did the Chief Ministers office get phone calls from former Jafri when Gulbarg Society was attacked?

R K Raghavan, the chief of the Supreme Court-appointed SIT, is not in Gandhinagar. A K Malhotra, the officer investigating the Gulburg Society case, is questioning Modi and they are the only persons present in the room during the deposition.

Gujarat government spokesperson Jai Narayan Vyas told CNN-IBN Modi has behaved like a responsible citizen by appearing before the SIT and accused the media of creating a hype that the Chief Minister had been summoned on March 21.

In New Delhi, Law Minister Veerappa Moily said it was "unfortunate" that a Chief Minister has "landed" himself in such a situation.

"It is most unfortunate that he (Modi) landed himself to that kind of a situation. It is not desirable but unfortunately it has happened," said Moily.

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
sixer said:
[clap] [clap] [clap]
salute to great indian juditial system
raja aur rank sab barabar

hello brother,
I think its too early to clap , As far as I know you can never prove that Modi was involved as there are no proof. Indian politicians are very smart legally, they usually never leave any proof. But if more people perceive that he was actually involved in riots then his political career will be over.
My personal guess is Modi didn't act fast enough to quell the riots but I don't think he instigated the riots. But if there are evidences (or some good hints) of his direct involvement then he should be punished. This shouldn't be made into political blame game. Modi has extremely good track record of running the Gujarat. He is not corrupt so I hope he is not involved.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Nepali Pandit said:
sixer said:
[clap] [clap] [clap]

hello brother,
I think its too early to clap , As far as I know you can never prove that Modi was involved as there are no proof. Indian politicians are very smart legally, they usually never leave any proof. But if more people perceive that he was actually involved in riots then his political career will be over.
My personal guess is Modi didn't act fast enough to quell the riots but I don't think he instigated the riots. But if there are evidences (or some good hints) of his direct involvement then he should be punished. This shouldn't be made into political blame game. Modi has extremely good track record of running the Gujarat. He is not corrupt so I hope he is not involved.

Who was asking the police to help the rioters.

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
lol
look who is talking about indian judicial system?
where is this judicial system when thousands of kashmiris are slaughtered ?
where is ur judiciary when tamils are slaughtered ?
where was ur judiciary which realized these riots after 10 + years?
Indian Judiciary is still sleeping about sikh genocide in punjab since 1984.
where is indian judiciary about rights of women in india?

Indian democracy and judiciary is just a stage act.

they can not and will not charge modi , why because modi is hindu and hindu judiciary and diplomats are are in favour of hindus.

A racist country.

Why does indian judiciary not charge indian generals for genocide in kashmir and where is general barar who killed 60000 sikhs in 1984?

why cant they charge bal thakary?

well ur judiciary is as coward as ur politicians and ur army

lol......indian judiciary ..........my foot

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
sarbakaf said:
lol

they can not and will not charge modi , why because modi is hindu and hindu judiciary and diplomats are are in favour of hindus.

A racist country.

Why does indian judiciary not charge indian generals for genocide in kashmir and where is general barar who killed 60000 sikhs in 1984?

We are not perfect but surely it is better than yours. Truth doesn't change by your passionately hating India or Hindus.

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
furry87 said:
Nepali Pandit said:
sixer said:
[clap] [clap] [clap]

hello brother,

Who was asking the police to help the rioters.
I don't know but if you know please email the proof to investigating officer. Modi is being questioned one to one today.

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
sixer said:
[clap] [clap] [clap]

Thanks for the compliments..This is true if Modi will be found guilty he will be punished abd not then he will set free.. I trust our juditial system.

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Sis Nepali
I think your Investigation Officer should contact & in touch with GEO NEWS they are expert in fabricating proofs for India..?? :D

THESE HINDU ETHNIC CLEANSER ARE HAVING FULL SUPPORT FROM INDIAN JUIDICIARY, GOVERNMENT AND THE STATE AND GOVT MACHINERY. MUSLIMS WERE MERCILESSLY MASSACRED AND POLICE WERE WATCHING.

THEIR DAY WILL COME ONE DAY SOON. IT IS ONLY THE MATTER OF TIME.

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
lovemycountry said:
THESE HINDU ETHNIC CLEANSER ARE HAVING FULL SUPPORT FROM INDIAN JUIDICIARY, GOVERNMENT AND THE STATE AND GOVT MACHINERY. MUSLIMS WERE MERCILESSLY MASSACRED AND POLICE WERE WATCHING.

THEIR DAY WILL COME ONE DAY SOON. IT IS ONLY THE MATTER OF TIME.

We Also get support from MQM, ANP and geo TV of pakistan..

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
sixer said:
[clap] [clap] [clap]

dont get too happy yet. Its just an inquiry, not a prosecution

oops I just realized sexer is an indian and i replied , yike [wall]

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
sarbakaf said:
lol

A racist country.

bhai jaan, dunya ko dikhlana to hai na misguide karney key lyeye?