Miracles of the Qur'an

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear vitamin c, the question for all of us is a very simple one. Is it at all possible that God may exist? There are only and only two possible answers to this question. Either it is a valid possibility that God does exist or that God does not exist. If we say God does not exist, what is our proof for that? If we say God does exist then what is our proof for that?

In both cases we must work together as well as sensibly. Does it at all make sense that we claim God does not exist? It does not and it cannot. To do so we must have a valid proof which we cannot till we examine the evidences for existence of God and we find them invalid.

This is why there is no sense in going beyond this point till we first decide it.

Your all claims about the quran are not valid at all because you are not capable of understanding the quran the way it should be understood.

The quran is absolutely a scientific book right from its very first surah to its very last surah. However you need to learn to understand it properly. This cannot be done by anyone till one works on the proper context of the quranic text.

All you are doing is putting up random baseless arguments against the quran that have nothing to at all to do with the quranic claims. Baseless because there is no proper context for them till one properly understands the context of the quranic text. Why? Because you are trying to argue against the context of the quran yet you do not know the proper context of the quran because you never tried to learn it properly. This is why I see no point in arguing with you unless you argue against the quran the right way.

Can you see this fundamental mistake you are making? Kindly take some time to ponder over this point I am making thoroughly to realise what I am actually talking about.

I am not interested in putting anyone down but since you come in and start saying wrong things about the quran I just respond to try to explain to you that your way of looking at things makes absolutely no sense.

Anyone could be well informed but not necessarily properly learned or knowledgeable. Why not? Because to collect information about things in one's head is a very different things than actually having made proper sense of that information.

regards and all the best.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Page 93 to 95

LOL, maybe you did not read it. First of all, It does not describe the formation of the human embryo. Secondly, it discussed minutely the animal embryo and that too related to blood circulation and nothing to do with exact stages.
You can not fool people but you can be fooled by this minute discussion.
As I told you before, Galen's research is about the blood circulation and that too with lots of fallacy and discrepancies.
You have shot yourself in the foot. Now find something else constructive instead of satisfying your blown up ego by bashing the Holy Quran.

Vitamin_C

Okay show me something in quran about embryology that Galen did not already talk about?

LOL, maybe you did not read it. First of all, It does not describe the formation of the human embryo. Secondly, it discussed minutely the animal embryo and that too related to blood circulation and nothing to do with exact stages.
You can not fool people but you can be fooled by this minute discussion.
As I told you before, Galen's research is about the blood circulation and that too with lots of fallacy and discrepancies.
You have shot yourself in the foot. Now find something else constructive instead of satisfying your blown up ego by bashing the Holy Quran.

Vitamin_C

Thats from those same pages. Its exactly whats in Quran but with more detail.

But let us take the account back again to the first conformation of the animal, and in order to make our account orderly and clear, let us divide the creation of the foetus overall into four periods of time.

The first is that in which. as is seen both in abortions and in dissection, the form of the semen prevails (Arabic nutfah). At this time, Hippocrates too, the all-marvelous, does not yet call the conformation of the animal a foetus; as we heard just now in the case of semen voided in the sixth day, he still calls it semen.

But when it has been filled with blood (Arabic alaqa), and heart, brain and liver are still unarticulated and unshaped yet have by now a certain solidarity and considerable size, this is the second period; the substance of the foetus has the form of flesh and no longer the form of semen. Accordingly you would find that Hippocrates too no longer calls such a form semen but, as was said, foetus.

The third period follows on this, when, as was said, it is possible to see the three ruling parts clearly and a kind of outline, a silhouette, as it were, of all the other parts (Arabic mudghah). You will see the conformation of the three ruling parts more clearly, that of the parts of the stomach more dimly, and much more still, that of the limbs. Later on they form "twigs", as Hippocrates expressed it, indicating by the term their similarity to branches.

The fourth and final period is at the stage when all the parts in the limbs have been differentiated; and at this part Hippocrates the marvelous no longer calls the foetus an embryo only, but already a child, too when he says that it jerks and moves as an animal now fully formed (Arabic ‘a new creation’) ...

... The time has come for nature to articulate the organs precisely and to bring all the parts to completion. Thus it caused flesh to grow on and around all the bones, and at the same time ... it made at the ends of the bones ligaments that bind them to each other, and along their entire length it placed around them on all sides thin membranes, called periosteal, on which it caused flesh to grow

For Reference This Is What Quran Says:

23:13-14

"placed him as (a drop of) sperm (nutfah) in a place of rest, firmly fixed; then

We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood (alaqa); then out of that clot We made a (foetus) lump (mudghah),

then We made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh;

then We developed out of it another creature."

Wake up Pak

Thats from those same pages. Its exactly whats in Quran but with more detail.

But let us take the account back again to the first conformation of the animal, and in order to make our account orderly and clear, let us divide the creation of the foetus overall into four periods of time.

The first is that in which. as is seen both in abortions and in dissection, the form of the semen prevails (Arabic nutfah). At this time, Hippocrates too, the all-marvelous, does not yet call the conformation of the animal a foetus; as we heard just now in the case of semen voided in the sixth day, he still calls it semen.

But when it has been filled with blood (Arabic alaqa), and heart, brain and liver are still unarticulated and unshaped yet have by now a certain solidarity and considerable size, this is the second period; the substance of the foetus has the form of flesh and no longer the form of semen. Accordingly you would find that Hippocrates too no longer calls such a form semen but, as was said, foetus.

The third period follows on this, when, as was said, it is possible to see the three ruling parts clearly and a kind of outline, a silhouette, as it were, of all the other parts (Arabic mudghah). You will see the conformation of the three ruling parts more clearly, that of the parts of the stomach more dimly, and much more still, that of the limbs. Later on they form "twigs", as Hippocrates expressed it, indicating by the term their similarity to branches.

The fourth and final period is at the stage when all the parts in the limbs have been differentiated; and at this part Hippocrates the marvelous no longer calls the foetus an embryo only, but already a child, too when he says that it jerks and moves as an animal now fully formed (Arabic ‘a new creation’) ...

... The time has come for nature to articulate the organs precisely and to bring all the parts to completion. Thus it caused flesh to grow on and around all the bones, and at the same time ... it made at the ends of the bones ligaments that bind them to each other, and along their entire length it placed around them on all sides thin membranes, called periosteal, on which it caused flesh to grow
Still, you did not read it does not qualify as the formation of hu,an embryo.

Wake up Pak

Okay show me something in quran about embryology that Galen did not already talk about?
No need to discuss it further as you will never understand or may be you don't want to understand.
End of discussion.
Next time come up with something substantial to discuss.

Vitamin_C

Read again it says animal embreyo and even refers to it as 'child', it also talks about abortions... Do sheeps and cows have abortions?

Animals are a greek classification as opposed to insects and plants. Humans fall under this classification.

Scientific classification
Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Chordata
Class:Mammalia
Order:Primates
Suborder:Haplorhini
Infraorder:Simiiformes
Family:Hominidae
Subfamily:Homininae
Tribe:Hominini
Genus:Homo
Species:H. sapiens

Still, you did not read it does not qualify as the formation of hu,an embryo.

Last edited:

Wake up Pak

As I said, the Quran is not a scientific book but it discusses the basics of the different marvels of Allah. It is up to humans to explore Allah's beauty in nature. That is why Allah has termed those people as Ulema or scientist.

Vitamin_C

Why are you acting so defensive?

First you lie that I did not put reference.

Then you lie that its not talking about embryology.

Now you are lying that humans are not classified as animals.

You might believe to yourself that you are right but people reading this can see your lies and dishonesty.

No need to discuss it further as you will never understand or may be you don't want to understand.
End of discussion.
Next time come up with something substantial to discuss.

Vitamin_C

Why didn't you just state this in the beginning that there are no scientific miracles in Quran and we would have to go through this whole debate...

As I said, the Quran is not a scientific book but it discusses the basics of the different marvels of Allah. It is up to humans to explore Allah's beauty in nature. That is why Allah has termed those people as Ulema or scientist.

Wake up Pak

Why are you acting so defensive?

First you lie that I did not put reference.

Then you lie that its not talking about embryology.

Now you are lying that humans are not classified as animals.

You might believe to yourself that you are right but people reading this can see your lies and dishonesty.
Sorry, I don't lie and I do not like to get into a useless vain discussion when the next person is adamant to not use his God-given senses to distinguish between right and wrong.

Let me ask you, What is your religion? Or you are an atheist or agnostic?

Wake up Pak

Why didn't you just state this in the beginning that there are no scientific miracles in Quran and we would have to go through this whole debate...
Yes, there are you have to look at them without being biased.
In fact, the whole Quran is a miracle.

Vitamin_C

If you give me an honest and rational counter argument I will take it...

But when I link you a book on human medicine which talks about embryology and refers to the fetus as a child and talks about abortion... And then you reply by saying he is only talking about other animals and not humans (Also consider West classifies humans as animals).

Can you point out why your counter-argument is not convincing?

Sorry, I don't lie and I do not like to get into a useless vain discussion when the next person is adamant to not use his God-given senses to distinguish between right and wrong.

Let me ask you, What is your religion? Or you are an atheist or agnostic?

Wake up Pak

You just said there is no science in Quran and its upto scientists and ulemas...
Maybe you should start taking English lessons.
I am not perfect either but i can tell the meaning of a sentence.
I said the Quran is not a scientific book.
Having scientific verses that even scientists can't deny does not make the book scientific.

you should just leave and find something better to do.
END OF DISCUSSION.......

Vitamin_C

I think you just lost and looking for an escape and i shall grant you. Adios.

Maybe you should start taking English lessons.
I am not perfect either but i can tell the meaning of a sentence.
I said the Quran is not a scientific book.
Having scientific verses that even scientists can't deny does not make the book scientific.

you should just leave and find something better to do.
END OF DISCUSSION.......

Wake up Pak

I think you just lost and looking for an escape and i shall grant you. Adios.
Whatever, I hope you will read back all the discussion on this topic then you might come into your senses.
Next time make sure to have solid arguments or don't poke your nose on other people's beliefs.
I don't escape, I just can't argue/discuss with ignorants.

Vitamin_C

I did have solid arguments. You have not given a single counter argument.

It doesn't make me ignorant to point out (with reasons) why your counter argument is not convincing. You replied by weeping and getting personal.

Whatever, I hope you will read back all the discussion on this topic then you might come into your senses.
Next time make sure to have solid arguments or don't poke your nose on other people's beliefs.
I don't escape, I just can't argue/discuss with ignorants.