Maulana Abul Kalam Azad: The Man Who Knew The Future Of Pakistan Before Its Creation

indigo

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Thank You.... very Illuminating

Q: But Hindus and Muslims are two different nations with different and disparate inclinations. How can the unity between the two be achieved?

A: This is an obsolete debate. I have seen the correspondence between Allama Iqbal and Maulana Husain Ahmad Madni on the subject. In the Quran the term qaum has been used not only for the community of believers but has also been used for distinct human groupings generally. What do we wish to achieve by raising this debate about the etymological scope of terms like millat [community], qaum [nation] and ummat [group]? In religious terms India is home to many people the Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Parsis, Sikhs etc. The differences between Hindu religion and Islam are vast in scope. But these differences cannot be allowed to become an obstacle in the path of India gaining her freedom nor do the two distinct and different systems of faith negate the idea of unity of India. The issue is of our national independence and how we can secure it. Freedom is a blessing and is the right of every human being. It cannot be divided on the basis of religion.

Muslims must realise that they are bearers of a universal message. They are not a racial or regional grouping in whose territory others cannot enter. Strictly speaking, Muslims in India are not one community; they are divided among many well-entrenched sects. You can unite them by arousing their anti-Hindu sentiment but you cannot unite them in the name of Islam. To them Islam means undiluted loyalty to their own sect. Apart from Wahabi, Sunni and Shia there are innumerable groups who owe allegiance to different saints and divines. Small issues like raising hands during the prayer and saying Amen loudly have created disputes that defy solution. The Ulema have used the instrument of takfeer [fatwas declaring someone as infidel] liberally. Earlier, they used to take Islam to the disbelievers; now they take away Islam from the believers. Islamic history is full of instances of how good and pious Muslims were branded kafirs. Prophets alone had the capability to cope with these mindboggling situations. Even they had to pass through times of afflictions and trials. The fact is that when reason and intelligence are abandoned and attitudes become fossilised then the job of the reformer becomes very difficult.

But today the situation is worse than ever. Muslims have become firm in their communalism; they prefer politics to religion and follow their worldly ambitions as commands of religion. History bears testimony to the fact that in every age we ridiculed those who pursued the good with consistency, snuffed out the brilliant examples of sacrifice and tore the flags of selfless service. Who are we, the ordinary mortals; even high ranking Prophets were not spared by these custodians of traditions and customs.

Courtesy: Covert Magazine url of this page

http://www.newageislam.com/NewAgeIslamBooksAndDocuments_1.aspx?ArticleID=2139

Shahid Ahmed

Councller (250+ posts)
: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad: The Man Who Knew The Future Of Pakistan Before Its Creation

yes Ab al Kalam Azad was such a gr8 visionary that he new about the massacar of 70000 muslims in Kshmir, murder of thousands of muslims on Gujrat, Demolition of Babri Masjid in 1992. Now 31% of Indian muslims live below poverty line.
Their quota in govt jobs is much less than their actual population. Their presence in asseblies in minimal. They are openly threatened by extremists BJB and Indian people make these extremist their leader.

Keepinformed

Siasat.pk - Blogger
My general take on all this is that it does not matter whether there is Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India or a thousand other lands but how they handle their affairs against each other.

You do not need to physically unify Germany, France, UK or the rest of Europe BUT they can all act as single country for example the EU.

What is done is done in the past. We cannot weep on it on daily basis. We need to create an economic zone just like the EU say SAU or South Asian Union where all the countries act like the EU.

Then all this mess about hindu, muslim, sikh etc would be the thing of the past.

There is no other way.

InsafianPTI

Minister (2k+ posts)
so because those those countries are better, and give better chance to indians, should one say that india should not exist?
It was wrong to demand the freedom of india from british raj?

Thats because the countries you mentioned are one of the best countries in the world and Indians do very well there. India is no where close to those countries but we will close the gap.

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Undoubtedly Abul Kalam was one of the most insightful visionaries of the 20th century!

Gandhi's ideals of Simplicity, Truth and Non-violence is still valid today as demonstrated by Shri Anna Hazare.

My answer to your post is that it is a personal matter between Nehru and Edwina before 1947. All these are related prior to his taking up the PM post. So, Indians do not care about any one's personal life nor we want probe into it as long as these things do not happen while being public servant.

Now it is your turn to answer the questions raised by our beloved first Education Minister of India, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.

[MENTION=23969]indigo[/MENTION]

Guys , I don't disagree that Abul Kalam Azad was a great leader , but its just this that what he predicted might not have happened if we hand continued on the STREAK Jinnah left us on .

Unicorn gave the best explanation of what Pakistan was meant for :

Pakistan was created as laboratory for experiment and to create perfect Islamic state to present to the whole world as an example , once this prosperous state became functional the whole world will follow the lead , just like the world followed democracy after US became a functional democracy . this is the idea behind it .

What I qouted you for , was to tell you this . Have u ever heard of Migration Movement ? Hijrat Movement ? Some Maulanas during the Khilafat Movement issued religious decree that subcontinent , INDIA is darul-harb , a war zone , and MUSLIMS must migrate from this land to DARUL-AMAN , land of peace and prosperity ie an islamic state , AFGHANISTAN .

ABUL KALAM AZAD was the pioneer of this idea ,and fatwas were issued by Jamiat-e-ulma-e-HIND . ITs confirmed from multiple sources , wikipedia is blackouted today , so another reference is given . ( I came across this while I was reading a book regarding partition TODAY)

A tragic offshoot of the Khilafat Movement was the Hijrat Movement proposed by Jamiyat-al-Ulema-i-Hind. When a land is not safe for Islam, a Muslim has two options; Jihad or Hijrat. Around 925 eminent Muslims signed this fatwa. According to one version, the idea of Hijrat was originated from Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.

http://www.storyofpakistan.com/articletext.asp?artid=A033&Pg=3

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sorry , forgot to mention , Azad was the pioneer of this approach , ironically he was not one of those who migrated . As a result of this movement , nearly 2 million Muslims sold their property here , at the price of pennies , and traveled to Afghanistan to seek refuge , where they were not allowed any compassion , and were forced to return back . Thousands died during that journey .

saeed khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think we can both thank god that we are two different countries and maybe one day we can live like two normal neighbors. Muslims in India are not rushing to go to Pakistan or Bangladesh either despite of your richness.

Action speaks louder than words. After Babri Masjid incident we know how Muslims are living in India.

arscan

Citizen
Some of his arguments are logical as everyone know what would happen with Muslims who would be left in India. But he was not great thinker as Dr Muhammad Iqbal and Quaid e Azam. Pak has a bright future and you will see soon in the coming years. Inshallah people will give our example for progress and prosperity.

usm100

Minister (2k+ posts)
One of the reaosns for muslims to be in a state of misery is we dont learn any leasons. We just love to live in the past. The one we are told was glorious. Lets make the future glorious and not to look into past. There is no way the past would come again. Live with it.
""""""""""""""Q: Maulana, what is wrong if Pakistan becomes a reality? After all, Islam is being used to pursue and protect the unity of the community.

A: You are using the name of Islam for a cause that is not right by Islamic standards. Muslim history bears testimony to many such enormities. In the battle of Jamal [fought between Imam Ali and Hadrat Aisha, widow of the Holy Prophet] Qurans were displayed on lances. Was that right? In Karbala the family members of the Holy Prophet were martyred by those Muslims who claimed companionship of the Prophet. Was that right? Hajjaj was a Muslim general and he subjected the holy mosque at Makka to brutal attack. Was that right? No sacred words can justify or sanctify a false motive.""""""""""""""""""""""

So is it not our right to fight for a seperate homeland that can possibly lead the Muslim countries in future for a possible Khilafat, which is where the real unity amongst the Muslim will come in and its the greatest fear for all the anti Muslims movements, especially the Hajooj and Majooj quom, that are governing America and the illegal state of israel.

adeel ahmed1

MPA (400+ posts)
The opinion of Abul Kalam Azad is a fact so I dont think that we shall remain in denial. I dont agree with him about the intention behind the demand of Pakistan and also dont agree that this demand is "against the Quran" but yes the problem he foreseen was right.

However, I also read his statement after the creation of Pakistan that " The debate that Mosque shall be build or not at particular place is before its building but once Mosque built, now its responsibilty of all Muslims to protect it, similar the case with Pakistan".

hawaskapujari

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Centennial73

MPA (400+ posts)
morana abdul kalam gluam can kiss my fat a** .
The day pakistan will take over india , i iwll personally pi** on his grave .

Last edited:

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
morana abdul kalam gluam can kiss my fat a** .
The day pakistan will take over india , i iwll personally pi** on his grave .

Every human has a right to make his own choices .

How come then u hated the video in which American Soldier was peeing on a dead Afghani Muslim ?

Centennial73

MPA (400+ posts)
Every human has a right to make his own choices .

How come then u hated the video in which American Soldier was peeing on a dead Afghani Muslim ?
i never hated.... if they gopt to p they got to p............... i just said they got small pps