Indians caste system prejudices and discrimination hit uk legal system

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
An interesting case is going on in Employment Tribunal in the UK.

This is a unique case, in which Indian caste system is claimed to have been the cause of constructive dismissal. These Indians have brought their outdated and abhorrent culture of caste and colour discrimination to UK shores now. With talk of skin lightening creams amongst many things. Alas, if that is the case, most of the Bollywood actress would be suing, including the beauty queen Ashwariya, about whom it is rumoured that she has many plastic surgeries. But it is a different story.

Nawaz Sharif should take notice, Indian even discriminate against each others on the basis of someones caste and skin colour. Actually there is more discrimination in India against Dalits. Probably he would reconsider his remarks about Pakistanis having things in commons with racists Indians.

It is a love that crosses class boundaries and a religious divide but it was India's ancient caste system that allegedly cost a British couple their jobs, pride and prospects.

In the first case of its kind in the UK, Vijay Begraj, 32, and his wife Amardeep, 33, are claiming unfair constructive dismissal on the grounds their bosses at Coventry-based solicitors Heer Manak discriminated against them because they are from different ends of the social spectrum.

The former law firm practice manager is from the Dalits or 'Untouchables', India's the lowest caste, while his wife, a solicitor, is from a higher caste called the 'Jats'.

But a Birmingham employment tribunal was told yesterday that Mrs Begraj's health and career had suffered at the hands of the Midlands solicitors ever since they became a couple.

Mr Begraj was sacked after seven years of service in 2010 and his wife resigned in January this year. The tribunal could also find in their favour on religious grounds as he is Hindu and she is Sikh. It is understood that Home Secretary Theresa May is watching the case carefully and considering adding a section covering caste to Britain's equality laws as immigration has led to growing problems in this area.

The couple claim that even at their wedding barbed comments were made about them because their employers believed she was marrying beneath her. Vijay is from the bottom rung of Indian classes, often described by bigots as 'choora', which is the country's version of the word 'n****r'.

There are between 50,000 and 200,000 people from this lowest caste living in Britain today. One of their colleagues allegedly 'raised a toast to Jat girls going down the drain' on their wedding day, Mrs Begraj said.
Their former employer is denying any claims that they were iscriminated against calling them 'outrageous' claims.

Mrs Begraj also told the tribunal that once her bosses found out the couple were in love she was handed more work than she could cope with, given reduced help from support staff like secretaries and paid less than her colleagues.

Referring to one conversation with a senior manager, she said: 'He said I should reconsider the step I was taking of marrying Vijay because he was of different caste. People of Vijay's caste were different creatures, marriage would be very different from dating.'
Today Amardeep Begraj told the tribunal she kept her work and personal life separate and never discussed her marriage with her bosses. 'I never discussed my relationship with my bosses. 'They were aware of it, though we never actively talked about it. 'Then, our relationship was fairly new - we didn't want to cause issues so we just didn't discuss it.

'We're both professional people - we know where to draw the line, where our personal lives end and jobs start. 'Vijay was told a number of times that his position had been compromised for entering into a relationship with me.'

Under cross-examination from the respondent's lawyer Andrew Marshall, she claimed she was denied a secretary as 'punishment'.
She said: 'At one informal meeting, I was told I'd have no secretarial support, which I saw as a kind of punishment.'

In December 2007 she was involved in a major car accident which meant she was unable to work for eight months. In July 2008 she returned to the firm for a 'back-to-work' meeting but claimed they were reluctant for her to return because she might have been planning a family.

She said: 'I was at the age where I'd be getting married and having a child, so they were actually trying to put me off from coming back. They were reluctant. 'When you've been with a firm for so many years and they say they don't want you back, no reasoning for why that is can be seen as remote.'

But Mr Marshall, for the respondents, suggested that the crux of her unhappiness was that 'the meeting could have been handled in a more sympathetic manner.'

A witness statement from Amardeep was also read out to the tribunal.
It said: 'My relationship with Mr Heer had always been good until my relationship with Vijay was revealed.'

At one point during the proceedings Amardeep alleged that her boss Mr Heer used to belong to a gang of religious Sikh extremists.
She said: 'I once got hassled by some men. The boss told me, don't worry - I know people who can get them knee-capped.
'He told me he had been involved in violence, which was worrying to me.'

Vijay and Amardeep married on August 10, 2008, at a Gurdwara Temple in Leamington Spa. When the couple's story first became public their car windscreen was smashed even though they had been speaking anonymously earlier this year.

Theresa May and previous Home Secretaries have powers to outlaw discrimination of this kind but have yet to use them. It could fly in the face the Coalition's promise to cut red tape for employers, but if the tribunal finds in the couple's favour on their caste claims then they would probably take action.

Indian experts say the difference of skin colour is still a major issue in the country and because of Britain's large Indian population it will also be the case here.

Skin-lightening creams for men have proved increasingly popular among Indias burgeoning middle class since the first of its type was launched by Indian firm Emani in 2005. Since then half a dozen foreign firms have followed suit, including Garnier, LOreal and Nivea.

Across Asia, the market for skin-lightening creams is worth 12billion.
Indians have been obsessed by skin-tones for centuries, as it is linked to caste, and Bollywood heroines usually have fairer complexions than most of their compatriots.

Last year a poll by online dating site Shaadi.com revealed that face shade was considered the most important criterion when choosing a partner in three northern Indian states. More and more, there's an anxiety in the mind of men about having fair skin, sociology professor T. K. Oommen at the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi.

Indians believe that if you have fair skin you belong to the higher caste, the Brahmins. He added: The British colonisers ruled over the country and probably contributed to this negative perception of dark-skin. Both Vijay and Amardeep are claiming unfair constructive dismissal, unauthorised deduction of wages, unpaid holiday pay, race discrimination, breach of contract, discrimination on the ground of religion or belief and failure to provide a statement of the terms and conditions of employment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ove-centre-caste-discrimination-tribunal.html

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
This is where India actually shines ... to hell with these idol worshippers ... Aa Quaid a azam tera ahsaan hai ahsaan.

jennyrock42

MPA (400+ posts)
Indians have one of the most primitive caste based society in the world that is full of discrimination where worth of a person is determined by his birth in a particular caste, and these trash indians defend their inhumane caste system to this day, every one in the world is shocked to know that there exists a society in the world which segregates among its own people speaking same language as mother tongue and following same culture. Indian society is primitive and needs an urgent overhaul.

Regards

crankthskunk

It is still better than Pakistanis, in Britain, they deal with these issues with "honor killing".

Wrong, there are many honor killing incidents in India and by the Indians too. We are talking about the disgusting racism on the basis of color of your skin.

Look at this TV program from your India. The Actress says majority of people are dark in India.
I remind you, it is in India where people make monkey's gesture to black sports person, not in Pakistan.
Shame on you to defend racism and bringing honor killing to divert the issue.

Unicorn

Banned
Wrong, there are many honor killing incidents in India and by the Indians too. We are talking about the disgusting racism on the basis of color of your skin.

Look at this TV program from your India. The Actress says majority of people are dark in India.
I remind you, it is in India where people make monkey's gesture to black sports person, not in Pakistan.
Shame on you to defend racism and bringing honor killing to divert the issue.

Yes there are honor killings in India but nothing compared to Pakistan. Bride burning is the epidemic in India, In the west both are rare occurrence in comparison to Pakistani community.

Monkey's gesture on black people, I think you got confused with European Soccer fans namely Italians and Germans who make monkey gestures on Black soccer players during games and you convivially want to dump it on Indians. Indians are as prejudiced against black people as much as Pakistani but I have kicked the habit.

Yes there are many many people who bleach their skins so what? I color my hair, those dam grays popped up too quick on me.

Last edited:

crankthskunk

The incident of monkey chants against Symonds was widely reported, here is a take by an Australians newspaper on the excuses made by Indian authorities.
It seems you Indians are all the same, very found of making useless and incredibly stupid excuses. Look at the excuse, people were worshiping the monkey god Hanuman in the middle of the day, Symonds just happen to be there. Yeah Right!

Then West Indies team also suffered in 2002 in India. Thats why the Black lady who uploaded her video on youtube said, Indians are even darker than some of the Black people, but they still try to look down at the blacks. Shame shame, shame, even your Bapu was an abhorrent racists.

SILLY us, here we were thinking Indian crowds making monkey gestures to Andrew Symonds was something that fell under the International Cricket Council's anti-racism code.

It has now been explained as a cultural misunderstanding. The crowds at Vadodara and Nagpur weren't being racist, they were worshipping the monkey god, Hanuman. Symonds wasn't vilified, the local police commissioner says, he just happened to wander down to the boundary as the crowd at Vadodara indulged in some impromptu prayer.
As you do midway through a one-day match.
Symonds mistakenly thought they might have been abusing him because he has black skin and had been at the centre of a number of disputes with the Indian players early in the series.
Indian denials of the racist incident contain a number of lines of thought that range from ridiculous to ignorant. The level of debate continually degenerates to "well, look at them, they're worse to us". But claims yesterday by the Vadodra police commissioner CP Thakur that the punters were praying to the monkey-featured Hanuman take the banana.
"Symonds mistook their chanting for racial abuse because he couldn't understand what they're saying. Obviously, he can't understand Gujarati and Hindi languages," Thakur said.
Indian cricket board secretary Niranjan Shah made a similar bid for the defence in The Australian yesterday. A number of Indians have suggested the same.
Praying to Hanuman at the cricket is not an isolated thing. How else do you explain sightings of a man leading a section of the crowd in the next game in a tragi-comic display of monkey gestures and noises? This incident was revealed in The Australian last week. There is film footage of it.
Indians claim that monkey chanting is unknown as a racist slur in this country. But it's commonly used in Europe and even Australia, where black English bowler Gladstone Small was once thrown a banana.
In 2002, the West Indies suffered racial abuse from ignorant crowds and one player privately admitted it was the worst he had received in the world. The Indian board and the Indian media want this issue to go away and so does everybody else, but it won't go away until the locals accept it is a serious issue and something that needs to be dealt with.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/india-makes-monkey-of-racism-row/story-e6frg7mo-1111114667413

And if you want a visual proof, here is one from Melbourne where Indians were making monkey gestures again for Symonds.

india_wideweb__470x3500.jpg

Unicorn

Banned
The incident of monkey chants against Symonds was widely reported, here is a take by an Australians newspaper on the excuses made by Indian authorities.
It seems you Indians are all the same, very found of making useless and incredibly stupid excuses. Look at the excuse, people were worshiping the monkey god Hanuman in the middle of the day, Symonds just happen to be there. Yeah Right!

Then West Indies team also suffered in 2002 in India. Thats why the Black lady who uploaded her video on youtube said, Indians are even darker than some of the Black people, but they still try to look down at the blacks. Shame shame, shame, even your Bapu was an abhorrent racists.

And if you want a visual proof, here is one from Melbourne where Indians were making monkey gestures again for Symonds.

india_wideweb__470x3500.jpg

Of course you are looking at this incident with a very narrow perspective.
Here are the facts as I know them:

We Indians are far more raciest towards each other than outsiders.

People of western Europe, Australia and United States are lot less raciest than us even though the racism exists in their societies.

I am not condemning the person who wrote the article as he should when he sees something wrong. Australia is not without its share of racists.

There is a very small community of Black people on India mostly students and business people in Pakistan there is almost none. So far no one has been hurt or beaten up as far as I know.

Now lets compare to Pakistan that has racism in their schools text books and filled with hate against:

Hindus, Jews and Christians in this respective order. I hope you have seen the British documentaries " Lessons in hate and violence and Dispatches: Undercover ******"

Things are not pleasant in Pakistan as you suggested it is one of the worst raciest states far worse than India.

You are trying to portray that Indians as a whole are racists by this incident that may or may not be of of this nature if you consider the Monkey god factor.

crankthskunk

Of course you are looking at this incident with a very narrow perspective.
Here are the facts as I know them:

We Indians are far more raciest towards each other than outsiders.

People of western Europe, Australia and United States are lot less raciest than us even though the racism exists in their societies.

I am not condemning the person who wrote the article as he should when he sees something wrong. Australia is not without its share of racists.

There is a very small community of Black people on India mostly students and business people in Pakistan there is almost none. So far no one has been hurt or beaten up as far as I know.

Now lets compare to Pakistan that has racism in their schools text books and filled with hate against:

Hindus, Jews and Christians in this respective order. I hope you have seen the British documentaries " Lessons in hate and violence and Dispatches: Undercover ******"

Things are not pleasant in Pakistan as you suggested it is one of the worst raciest states far worse than India.

You are trying to portray that Indians as a whole are racists by this incident that may or may not be of of this nature if you consider the Monkey god factor.

1- Western may be racists but does it justify Indian being racists? You should know from taking part here, I hate canned logic. Two wrongs does not make a right. You should talk about Indians.

2- Like you said, the Europeans do not discriminate against each others, but Indians do, based on caste and color. It is abysmal.

3- Your knowledge is petty damn non-existing about Pakistan and its people. There are "Makranis" from Makran coast, who are proper black, I mean not like South Indian but of African decent. There are thousands of them in Karachi. You should learn first before making comments.

4- If there are racist in Australia it does not mean Indians are allowed to show racism in sport. I Just wanted to proof your earlier comments wrong. But then I am wasting my time, you don't even want to recognise a problem. Like the Police and other people from the authorities who made such lame and laughable excuses, that the Australian was having a dig at the Indian authorities for making such an fool of themselves.

Look at this forum, Pakistanis are very self critical and they don't hide their problems. You should learn to do that. No wonder Indian website never publish Pakistanis comments, while you get a free hand here. Indians are most intolerable people on the face of this earth. Don't worry your facade like the false perceptions of Gandhi is going to come down crumbling very soon, when your real face is exposed. At the moment Western purposefully do not highlight Indians atrocities in their press, even though they are well aware of them.

At the moment they are too busy wedging wars against Muslims. They will fail, and then it would be your number, make no mistake about it.

Unicorn

Banned
1- Western may be racists but does it justify Indian being racists? You should know from taking part here, I hate canned logic. Two wrongs does not make a right. You should talk about Indians.[/QUOTE]

I have acknowledged in my first statement that we are racists, a sickness that effects the humanity, except Pakistanis. Its a very clear statement where is the canned logic, show me.

2- Like you said, the Europeans do not discriminate against each others, but Indians do, based on caste and color. It is abysmal.

I never said that Europeans do not discriminate against each other, All I am saying is that today Europeons, Americans and Australians are much better people than Indians but racism still exist there. They are not as good as Pakistani people.

3- Your knowledge is petty damn non-existing about Pakistan and its people. There are "Makranis" from Makran coast, who are proper black, I mean not like South Indian but of African decent. There are thousands of them in Karachi. You should learn first before making comments.

I will disclose my knowledge about Pakistan. I hope you watched the following documentaries they are British, where you live, called 1 Lessons in hate and violence 2 Dispatches: Undercover *******), you can serach you tube and watch them. Your thread says " the discrimination brought to British shores by Indians". Compare What Pakistani's are exporting to Britain and the rest of the world its the same hate and violence that is taught in Pakistani schools in Primary, secondary and college level. If you say its not true I will post the video's by your own educators as to some of the Quotes from these text book against Hindus, Jews, Sikhs and Christians.

4- If there are racist in Australia it does not mean Indians are allowed to show racism in sport. I Just wanted to proof your earlier comments wrong. But then I am wasting my time, you don't even want to recognise a problem. Like the Police and other people from the authorities who made such lame and laughable excuses, that the Australian was having a dig at the Indian authorities for making such an fool of themselves.

I have already stated that we are more racists than Australians and the Australian writer did a good thing by writing this article if he believe race was the motivating factor in it and the whole country should be embarrassed by it.

Look at this forum, Pakistanis are very self critical and they don't hide their problems. You should learn to do that. No wonder Indian website never publish Pakistanis comments, while you get a free hand here. Indians are most intolerable people on the face of this earth. Don't worry your facade like the false perceptions of Gandhi is going to come down crumbling very soon, when your real face is exposed. At the moment Western purposefully do not highlight Indians atrocities in their press, even though they are well aware of them.

There are people who are self critical here and they are called Indian agent. I give you credit for one post where you have been self critical but usually its dismissed as conspiracy theories.

At the moment they are too busy wedging wars against Muslims. They will fail, and then it would be your number, make no mistake about it.

I don't see anyone waging war against Muslims its merely your wild imagination, your own leaders decided to join this war.

Last edited: