Imran Khan and his reliance on his media yes men

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The stronger IK gets in politics, the more he is becoming dictatorial. Everyone will remember when IK had not yet come into power (before PTI govt in KPK), he appeared on every channel and every known and unknown human being claiming to be a journalist.
He did shy away from "tough questions" as he had been in power yet.
As soon as he came to power, he has been very selective on who he gives interviews to who not surprisingly have a favorable view of PTI.

Why is he now hiding from his strongest critics? (Talat hussain, saleem safi, hamid mir, etc).

Aren't we trying to follow medina ke riyasat?

Or is it because he is concerned his narrative will not take hold if it is challenged in the media discourse?

PTI supporters on this thread are very quick to discredit those who oppose their views by name calling and foul language, so I advise you to refrain and muster the courage to put forward your actual arguments.
Simple answer. No need to.

In the early days, TV was the medium of communication. Now you have Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, tiktok etc. This is the medium now used for comms and narrative building.

Why waste time with biased anchors when you have all these other tools?

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
IK ke critics sahafi almost all exposed.. and some are proved bakao mall..Ab Jo chand young true journalists bachay hain. IK un ko kabhi kabhar interviews deta rehta ha..Waisay bhi IK har rooz hi kisi na kisi ways m awam se baat karta rehta ha..Awam ur medias se touch leader IK k elwah kon ha??Baqi sab tu sirf jhoot bolnay atay hain daily TV par..

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
As IK is becoming stronger Nokerrs are dying and a new breed of good for nothing idiots is coming up who have nothing better to do with their lives than to use the precious bandwidth to vomit their stupidity. I expect this new breed of piglets to grow and this forum will soon be infested by these rats

You put forth very strong arguments indeed. I admit I have been enlightened. Lol. You did not disappoint.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
Simple answer. No need to.

In the early days, TV was the medium of communication. Now you have Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, tiktok etc. This is the medium now used for comms and narrative building.

Why waste time with biased anchors when you have all these other tools?

It's not that he doesn't use mainstream media. He still does every other day. It is that he is very selective. You can't just shun half of society because they disagree with you or you think they are corrupt or whatever else you think they are.

Like IK has said in the past, that he has nothing to hide and that is why he goes on any interview.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
IK ke critics sahafi almost all exposed.. and some are proved bakao mall..Ab Jo chand young true journalists bachay hain. IK un ko kabhi kabhar interviews deta rehta ha..Waisay bhi IK har rooz hi kisi na kisi ways m awam se baat karta rehta ha..Awam ur medias se touch leader IK k elwah kon ha??Baqi sab tu sirf jhoot bolnay atay hain daily TV par..
Awam can be mislead as well. Much like the young turks were under Kamal Ataturk. Hitler did the same because there was no counter media narrative under his reign. And this can be dangerous.

He should not back down from facing the same critics he had in the past especially in a one on one interview.

He still does pretty frequent interviews on MSM, but it is with the same people.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
You are literally the scum of the earth, you are worse type of patwari virus and most prevalent in the country.
You never supported IK,
You criticize every single act by IK or PTI.
You completely ignored that IK is the first PM or Party head who is so open about his shortcomings.
Most Journalists have interviewed him and answered the most difficult questions but somehow that is not enough for you.
ON THE OTHER HAND:
No one of these lifafas has the guts to ask maryam that why did you lie about the flats, properties.
No one questioned muqsood chaprasi case.
No one questioned NS why he held a awama.
No one questioned the N-league about crashing economy.
For you Imran khan is the big bad guy who needs to give the right answers or else he is a hypocrite while has been the most open leader in our history that is no shy of submitting a shortcoming.
You don't have the eman ko compare him with your leader like Bilawal or Maryam.
Munafiq insan, Allah tujhe is bad niati ka ajar de.

Besides the name calling (not sure you want to owe me in the Akhira by calling me names), what are your actual arguments? I'm still waiting.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
Your observation and criticism is baseless and ridiculous at best…IK is far more accessible and tolerant than his peers.
The journalists that you named have proven IK-Haters and anti-PTI, so let’s not project them as mere journalists with an opposing point of view. It will be quite an insult to the intelligence of many in the country.

Do you think Imran riaz khan is an unbiased journalist? If you think those other guys are biased, then you have to use the same standards whether you like what Imran riaz khan has to say about IK. When is the last time you've heard Imran riaz say something positive about any other party? SO you see, the same arguments can be used.

Lets say they are haters. That still does not excuse you from facing their questions if they meet journalistic standards of etiquette.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
Its all about freedom of speech and freedom of expression, an Inalienable right guaranteed to him by the Constitution of Pakistan.

Lol. That doesn't deal with the premise that he may want yes men around him to enforce his propaganda narrative.
He is still free to say what he wants even if he is interviewed by opposing voices.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
We have all seen what hamid meer scum has doen with maulana tariq jamil when he requested ppl to stop lying and stop bad deeds.
Rest talat and safe they have descented to kids level and made it personal fight with khan.

I hope above answers your question. Apart from this I agree about facing critics which khan always do

Finally someone with a civil discourse (minus scum comment about mir Lol).
I stopped listening to Talat, mir, safi, etc as well when I initially had a favorable opinion of PTI. But I recently spend about 6 months in KPK and in pakistan in general and saw how things are on ground and have noticed other patterns in IK's politics that are contrary to his actual manifesto, lack of fulfilling many political promises, insane corruption in KPK,etc etc.

I started listening to Talal again and I urge you to do the same with an open mind and see if things from his perspective and then ask yourself if he has legitimate arguments despite if you dislike them still.

If you are able to answer your critics (and even your haters), then that should only increase your voter base and serve a checks and balance.

The recent financial times article is an example of how he should be facing all critical viewpoints, because there are serious allegations.
You can't argue for going on the path of "medina" and quoting how Omar (RA) accepted accountability and not do the same now that he has massive public support.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
The people you brand as IKs strongest critics, have used baseless arguments against him again and again, have clearly aided in propagation of false propaganda. Clearly appear to come out in support of PMLN when on the contrary the truth is in clear display. To summarize, they clearly appear as paid shills who could twist and turn any yhing khan says with no professionalism.

So you want him to give interviews to these people?

Bring an objective, professional journalist with balanced point's (that breed is practically non-existent in pak) and then I would agree with you.

A person doing good nowadays in yhis respect is Mehr Bukhari I believe

Lol, you said mehr bukari is doing good. She may very well be (i haven't heard her recently), but I hope you remember the malik riaz interview and realize that her integrity might not be very strong at least it was back then.

The fact that it is hard to find objective journalism in Pak (actually in the world), means that everyone has a bias. If you keep going to the same people, it suggests their bias likely align in your best interest.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Lol. That doesn't deal with the premise that he may want yes men around him to enforce his propaganda narrative.
He is still free to say what he wants even if he is interviewed by opposing voices.
Opposing voices....... hahahaha!
Yes, only to sane people, NOT to the raunchy agenda driven self proclaimed journos.

DilDilPakistan0991

Councller (250+ posts)
Lol, you said mehr bukari is doing good. She may very well be (i haven't heard her recently), but I hope you remember the malik riaz interview and realize that her integrity might not be very strong at least it was back then.

The fact that it is hard to find objective journalism in Pak (actually in the world), means that everyone has a bias. If you keep going to the same people, it suggests their bias likely align in your best interest.
That is why I used the word nowadays for Mehr Bukhari, I am not vouching for her.

but I see her points are balanced on both sides with less bias.

much better than the people you have mentioned. Jeez Talat Hussain? Saleem Safi? Really?

surfer

It's not that he doesn't use mainstream media. He still does every other day. It is that he is very selective. You can't just shun half of society because they disagree with you or you think they are corrupt or whatever else you think they are.

Like IK has said in the past, that he has nothing to hide and that is why he goes on any interview.
Every other day is an exaggeration I think. His speeches are broadcast every day, but I think he has only given a handful of one on one (maybe once a month?) recently.

For arguments sake, let’s say he agrees to one, who would you like to interview him?

I agree he is selective, but he can afford to be. He doesn’t need mainstream media anymore.

We can also flip the question, why doesn’t shahbaz or Bilawal give an interview to Arahad Sharif for example?

Shouldn’t your post apply to all, why just pick IK?

surfer

I stopped listening to Talat, mir, safi, etc as well when I initially had a favorable opinion of PTI. But I recently spend about 6 months in KPK and in pakistan in general and saw how things are on ground and have noticed other patterns in IK's politics that are contrary to his actual manifesto, lack of fulfilling many political promises, insane corruption in KPK,etc etc.

I started listening to Talal again and I urge you to do the same with an open mind and see if things from his perspective and then ask yourself if he has legitimate arguments despite if you dislike them still.

If you are able to answer your critics (and even your haters), then that should only increase your voter base and serve a checks and balance.

The recent financial times article is an example of how he should be facing all critical viewpoints, because there are serious allegations.
You can't argue for going on the path of "medina" and quoting how Omar (RA) accepted accountability and not do the same now that he has massive public support.
How many times has Talat spoken about shahbaz/hamza money laundering cases? Or absconders coming back to face their cases?

Can you please post those clips? I would be interested in hearing his independent views on those topics.

surfer

What exactly do you think is the “propaganda narrative”?

xecutioner

You bring on ppp's intellectual supporter and media person we may have some discussions.
But the way pmln and their cronies are I would rather play a mujra song in response and same goes for talat and etc. .
Finally I am happy for criticism but we all have seen how system manipulates everything and there is absolutely no justice in the society. Also pti is way better than other parties