Imran Khan: A Credible name in Public Circles - RTI Survey

1-Man-Army

Senator (1k+ posts)
August 05, 2011

Imran Khan: A Credible name in Public Circles

Imran Khan is a name that comes up often in political debates among people affiliated with Pakistan. In times of trouble people see him as a ray of hope in a jungle of darkness. Some however, have accused him of playing popular politics.

RTI Research Centre has conducted a survey on Imran Khans increasing popularity and public support in Pakistan.

There is a lot in the air suggesting that Imran Khans Tehreek-e-Insaf is beginning to emerge as an alternative to the parties in power, that have now lost their credibility in public circles.

62%
of the public has generated positive opinion for Imran Khans political party and has agreed that public support for the politician is increasing day by day. His recent statements and protests against drone attacks and rejection for US aid has earned him a lot of Public support. People specially youth (92%) has taken Imran Khan as the only alternative and last hope against all existing and corrupt politicians, as public said none of existing politician has done anything for Pakistan.

78% of the public has supported his stance on recent issues and stated him as a man who fears no one but his own conscience, in Pakistan, take a stand against the oppressive treatment of minorities, increasing radicalization of society, preferring peaceful strategy to deal with Taliban, an issue on which parliament has so easily given up efforts, and take on the top brass of the military who have compromised this nation and the institution itself.

82%
considers him the most credible politician in Pakistan and comments that he has managed to serve the poorest of the poor where the state has failed, and with a level of integrity that is unmatched. His selling point, un-corruptibility and independence, has been long established, amongst other instances.

67% of the public says that Imrans Social Welfare contributions have also helped him in enhancing his political profile. People consider him a politician, who thinks and works for a common man. The fact that he raised six million dollars in a matter of months through donations for the victims of last years floods, shows how much the people of Pakistan trust the man and his willingness to help.

However, 34% of the public opined that Imran Khans role as a philanthropist is undeniable and his personality as a bold politician is also admirable, but the reason of its failure to gain seats in parliament is absence of able candidates from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf. People say that Imran alone cannot run the party. Thus his role as a political leader is still vague.

aureagle

Voter (50+ posts)
LOL! we have created such surveys in our university time... They themselves have no credibility... Just a propaganda!!!

aureagle

Voter (50+ posts)
a survey result depends on how randomly people have been selected. For example if someone selects people more from cities than villages, the result would be different, similarly, if the survey was conducted with more people from peshawar than lahore or more from lahore than peshawar, the results would be different. And it also depends on how many people you asked questions from, The results come-out better if a sample space is bigger...

But in case of RTI... America controls the whole world with surveys. It can popularize or unpopularize a government by releasing such survesy... so I suggest you not to believe in such surveys.

Killthecorrupts

Senator (1k+ posts)
a survey result depends on how randomly people have been selected. For example if someone selects people more from cities than villages, the result would be different, similarly, if the survey was conducted with more people from peshawar than lahore or more from lahore than peshawar, the results would be different. And it also depends on how many people you asked questions from, The results come-out better if a sample space is bigger...

But in case of RTI... America controls the whole world with surveys. It can popularize or unpopularize a government by releasing such survesy... so I suggest you not to believe in such surveys.

Why were these surveys authentic for BB and NS, and are now for IK these are fraud. ???

and by the way people know better than those surveys, who is the popular leader.

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)

That is why it is called survey, its a random sampling of the population. It is virtually impossible to ask the whole population, if they did it would be called referendum. We wish they did that so that we can get rid of all these bank robbers (PP, PML, ANP and Ji) and murders and blackmailers (MQM).

He is our our leader

pakiace

Banned
he will not only sweep these elections but brutally nail down nawaz/zardari and trust me the first to be crushed are anp khyber pakhtunwa please on the day of elections - convince - force your family your neighbors to step out for their kids future, for your future, im old enough to not worry about mine but this is you - its all about you - step out vote for him - think not that he won't win - even if he doesn't win (god forbid) you will not regret making an effort!

Long live imran khan ( the future leader mankind will ever witness after our islamic influential's in asia )

I think Imran Khans popularity is increasing day by day.It is possitive sign for PAKISTAN bcoz only honesty,braveness,possitive vission and managerial skills are necassary to run PAKISTAN successfully.Imran Khan is last hope for us.GOD BLESS IMRAN KHAN AAMEEN.

Zoaib

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why are all these foreign based companies suddenly holding opinion polls based solely on Imran Khan?
Something to think about

LOL...Come on now, say it. After everything said and done, now the west is supporting him as well :) And so is the establishment. Oddly though, the West and the establishment seem to be not on very good terms lately. Maybe Imran will act as a bridge between them...:)

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
LOL...Come on now, say it. After everything said and done, now the west is supporting him as well :) And so is the establishment. Oddly though, the West and the establishment seem to be not on very good terms lately. Maybe Imran will act as a bridge between them...:)

Haha! I assure you my meaning was much more benign. I just think in him they see someone they can work with who is also popular at least among the people. I dont know about the establishment, but no one can come to power in Pakistan without their blessing and he really, really, really, really wants to be Prime Minister!!

Zoaib

Minister (2k+ posts)
This seems to be disproportionately urban and concentrated in Lahore I think, as it is said in the methodology. The most credible and nationally representative survey was the one by PEW some time back. All of these other surveys are just confirmation of the same.

Zoaib

Minister (2k+ posts)
Haha! I assure you my meaning was much more benign. I just think in him they see someone they can work with who is also popular at least among the people. I dont know about the establishment, but no one can come to power in Pakistan without their blessing and he really, really, really, really wants to be Prime Minister!!

I think people power can force even the all-powerful establishment to its knees. We should believe a bit more in ourselves. :)

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)
Why are all these foreign based companies suddenly holding opinion polls based solely on Imran Khan?
Something to think about

You should be more woried about the dog sitting in London, directing killers in Karachi. Ever wonder why the Uk, EU and USA never address this issue?

aureagle

Voter (50+ posts)
You should be more woried about the dog sitting in London, directing killers in Karachi. Ever wonder why the Uk, EU and USA never address this issue?

Forget about mqm, a guy who is talking against Imran is not necessarily belonging to mqm... mqm is a small group of people who are dumb enough to be directed using telephone lines!

jennyrock42

MPA (400+ posts)
This seems to be disproportionately urban and concentrated in Lahore I think, as it is said in the methodology. The most credible and nationally representative survey was the one by PEW some time back. All of these other surveys are just confirmation of the same.

If the results of this particular RTI survey are mainly from Lahore then it should be a nightmare for NS and company who think that Lahore is their head quarter, it seems that in future it would turn into head quarter of Imran khan and PTI, 62 % support for IK in lahore means that IK can really defeat NS if he contests the election from the same constituency in lahore.

Regards

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

Maybe because he is innocent of the crimes you mentioned? I see no love for MQM or any party as I see the love for Imran Khan in foreign media and in our local media. Maybe its all benign, I dont know but the country is rife with conspiracy stories

Last edited:

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think people power can force even the all-powerful establishment to its knees. We should believe a bit more in ourselves. :)

Maybe but it needs a very powerful force to make people leave their homes and their comforts. By the way dont read too much into what I say, I am a chronic pessimist.:)

Last edited: