How much is USA National Debt?

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
How sever are the economic wows of USA exactly?

Even though it is a simple question but the answer to this question is not very simple. As I explained in another thread FED is printing trillions off balance sheet money and giving it to the American banks and even to some selected foreign banks to solve their liquidity problems.

Dollars not having any back up or support makes it Phantom money. I have also shown in a thread Putin claimed Straus-Kahn is framed because he found out Fort Knox is empty and USA does not have the Gold to pay for the trenches to IMF as agreed in 70s.

In an economy where $9 trillion can be printed without any support and thats also off the Balance Sheet and given to the Banks, it is neigh impossible to get to the bottom of the problem. I will try to shed some light, but these are the best information, cannot be 100% accurate estimate of actual total national debt but very close to the real financial situation of the USA. If anything, these are very conservative assessments; the actual situation may still be eve worse.

1-As of June 20th, the U.S. national debt was $14,344,524,186,068.19(figure from national debt clock). But is it the correct amount for the total US debts? No this is just the nominal debt, which is calculated in simple manner, and exclude far more than meet the eyes.

2-The 14.3 trillion figures is only represent national debt. But a Government has many more liabilities and obligations, which should also be taken in to account to understand the full extend of its debts and obligations.

3-In the USA publicly trading corporations prepare their accounts based on GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). If the U.S. government were forced to use GAAP accounting principles (like all publicly-traded corporations must), the U.S. government budget deficit would increase to many folds.

4-Some experts estimate that the un-funded liabilities of the U.S. government for programs such as Social Security and Medicare are in the neighbourhood of $60 trillion dollars. Other experts claim that the total for federal government un-funded liabilities could be well over $100 trillion. Almost every economic expert agrees that it is going to be virtually impossible for USA Government to even come close to meeting all of its obligations. We can safely say, that these liabilities are in the region of $100 trillion dollars.

5-Under GAAP calculations USA budget deficit is somewhere in the neighbourhood of $4 trillion to $5 trillion each and every year. No wonder Fed is printing huge amount of money.

6-You may have heard in the video I posted, the Congressmen said the U.S. government currently has to borrow approximately 41 cents of every single dollar that it spends. It means that Government can only support 59% of its expenditures from its Revenues the rest is funded by acquiring more debt. This figure is for the current requirements and does not include the repayment of existing debt or interest on it.

7-The U.S. government spent over $413 billion dollars as interest on the national debt during fiscal 2010.

8-Approximately one in four dollars or 25% of U.S. government borrowing is spent on paying the interest on its national debt.

9-This is not as bad as it could have been or still could be. Ever wondered why the interest rates are kept so low for so many years now? Well, precisely for this reason, at the moment America and other debt ridden Western Countries had it easy, because they are paying less as interest on their debts. Therefore, it is in their interest to make sure interest rates stays low.

10- For example it is estimated that if the interest rate goes back to 5% (2006 levels) the interest on US national debt would increase by $700 billion annually. This is against the US tax revenue of $2.22 trillion (CBO 2011 forecast) or $2.092 for 2010.

11- US budget deficit in 2010 is $1.305 trillion. It consists of $2.092 trillion in Revenues and $3.397 in Expenditures.

I will add more later on.

nstar777

Citizen
What are you really trying to get at? These stats are available everywhere by the minute. U.S is pratically banckrupt but do they care? I guess not. Are they ever going to repay this debt? I guess not. IMF and World bank can tighten the screws on small economies but in this case nothing can be done. Just sit and watch the future unfolding. Americans are going to keep on borrowing and printing money and they will never downgrade their artificially higher standard of living, and if anyone thinks they will be economically pushed around, there is a perfect excuse to start the 3rd WW.

crankthskunk

I have posted this on the other thread too, but this meeting reported in WSJ blog had two messages. One was for the other thread, QE3 means FED printing more money for the banks.

But there is another news in it, regarding the Interest rates, the economists predicted that FED will leave the interest rates unchanged. As I explained at the moment it is in the interest of the USA and Europeans to leave the interest rates extremely low, or 0% if possible, so the cost of borrowing remains low, otherwise, defaults by many nations including USA would be sooner than later.

Ed Yardeni, who was there, had this little insider snippet for readers of his daily newsletter (emphasis is MarketBeats):
The conversations were spirited with lots of debates. The consensus was quite pessimistic about the outlook for the US and global economies.
Everyone seemed to agree that the Fed would most likely leave the federal funds rate at zero for a long time and that a third round of quantitative easing is likely later this year. David Blanchflower, who is a former member of the MPC of the BoE, is in favor of QE-3.0. The rest of us were against it. Most agreed that it would probably boost stock and commodity prices again, though not as much as QE-2.0.
http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2011...qe3-is-coming/

GeoG

I have posted this on the other thread too, but this meeting reported in WSJ blog had two messages. One was for the other thread, QE3 means FED printing more money for the banks.

But there is another news in it, regarding the Interest rates, the economists predicted that FED will leave the interest rates unchanged. As I explained at the moment it is in the interest of the USA and Europeans to leave the interest rates extremely low, or 0% if possible, so the cost of borrowing remains low, otherwise, defaults by many nations including USA would be sooner than later.

Interest rate correlates with Inflation and underlying inflationary pressures. There is no inflationary pressure at present so why would any Govt want to increase interest rate. Moreover by increasing interest rate, Dollar exchange rate will improve against other major currencies and this will have an adverse effect on US exports so why would Fed want to increase interest rate.

Don't see Debt figures in isolation, see them in their true context of Debt GDP ratio and US still has much better outlook as compared with Italy and some of other European countries. US had two terms of Republicans and economy always nose dive during their term as they don't like to tax the rich in US and give too many loopholes to corporations. But this time it has been exceptional, they have pitched Obama & Co versus Osama & Co, a war without limits and boundries..

BrotherKantu

The total US debt is over US$120 trillion when accounting for such underfunded liabilities as Medicare and Social Security. if you cosider all other liabilities like savings, pension funds and benefits it is about US$600 trillion. Most of these funds are used up and are in the forms of IOU's. And they are issuing IOU's on the IOU's.

crankthskunk

Interest rate correlates with Inflation and underlying inflationary pressures. There is no inflationary pressure at present so why would any Govt want to increase interest rate. Moreover by increasing interest rate, Dollar exchange rate will improve against other major currencies and this will have an adverse effect on US exports so why would Fed want to increase interest rate.

Don't see Debt figures in isolation, see them in their true context of Debt GDP ratio and US still has much better outlook as compared with Italy and some of other European countries. US had two terms of Republicans and economy always nose dive during their term as they don't like to tax the rich in US and give too many loopholes to corporations. But this time it has been exceptional, they have pitched Obama & Co versus Osama & Co, a war without limits and boundries..

GeoG,

Very naive of you. First of all, please tell me why there is inflation in Pakistan and the interest rates by the banks for borrowing are as high as 14%?

Well, Pakistan has high interest rates because of inflation and it has inflation because it is printing money, which dilute the value of the rupees, bring in inflation, cause higher interest rates.

We also know US is printing huge amount of money, $9trillion dollars is a proven amount distributed to just the banks. This had been disclosed in the House by the FED. So no doubting it. You can imagine how much money USA is printing for its economy, for wars in Afghanistan,Iraq and now Libya. But surprise, surprise, there is no inflation in the US and the interest rates are 0%. Please think why?

Answer is simple, Dollar is a reserve currency, America can pay off for wars outside USA, pay interest on its debt, pay maturing foreign debts, pay for imports of oil and other commodities, by printing money, without having inflationary pressures in the local Economy.

Why you think America is wedging wars in different countries? Keep, Afghanistan on one side, even though it is also done for the oil and energy, but it is slightly different case. What was the crime of Saddam? We know he was not involved in the attacks, it didn't had weapons of mass destruction on which the war is fought.

What is the crime of Gaddaffi?

Like I said, dollar is not supported by anything else but Guns. Dollar has to be protected at all costs, as long as it is possible. The day dollars crumbles, the American empire would come crushing down. They wouldn't be able to pay for their imports for their international obligations. Imagine what would be American's economy without the oil imports?

As for debt to GDP ratio, America is considerably better, but it has other obligations which I have listed in another thread.
Others problems are worst, I agree. But why are they worst? Even though US has far worst actual debt problem?

The answer is simple, US can manipulate the situation better, because of the dollars, and because it has more say in IMF and WB.

Even those countries who may oppose dollars hegemony wouldn't let it die down without having a back up ready and mechanism of exchanging the dollar's trade to the new system or currency, which is term as NWO or World Currency.
The whole financial system of the world is at stake.

Americans are playing on this strength nothing else. But for how long?

Last edited:

GeoG

GeoG,

Very naive of you. First of all, please tell me why there is inflation in Pakistan and the interest rates by the banks for borrowing are as high as 14%?

Well, Pakistan has high interest rates because of inflation and it has inflation because it is printing money, which dilute the value of the rupees, bring in inflation, cause higher interest rates.

We also know US is printing huge amount of money, $9trillion dollars is a proven amount distributed to just the banks. This had been disclosed in the House by the FED. So no doubting it. You can imagine how much money USA is printing for its economy, for wars in Afghanistan,Iraq and now Libya. But surprise, surprise, there is no inflation in the US and the interest rates are 0%. Please think why?

Answer is simple, Dollar is a reserve currency, America can pay off for wars outside USA, pay interest on its debt, pay maturing foreign debts, pay for imports of oil and other commodities, by printing money, without having inflationary pressures in the local Economy.

Why you think America is wedging wars in different countries? Keep, Afghanistan on one side, even though it is also done for the oil and energy, but it is slightly different case. What was the crime of Saddam? We know he was not involved in the attacks, it didn't had weapons of mass destruction on which the war is fought.

What is the crime of Gaddaffi?

Like I said, dollar is not supported by anything else but Guns. Dollar has to be protected at all costs, as long as it is possible. The day dollars crumbles, the American empire would come crushing down. They wouldn't be able to pay for their imports for their international obligations. Imagine what would be American's economy without the oil imports?

As for debt to GDP ratio, America is considerably better, but it has other obligations which I have listed in another thread.
Others problems are worst, I agree. But why are they worst? Even though US has far worst actual debt problem?

The answer is simple, US can manipulate the situation better, because of the dollars, and because it has more say in IMF and WB.

Even those countries who may oppose dollars hegemony wouldn't let it die down without having a back up ready and mechanism of exchanging the dollar's trade to the new system or currency, which is term as NWO or World Currency.
The whole financial system of the world is at stake.

Americans are playing on this strength nothing else. But for how long?

This is my original post you had responded on

Please read the above again and does it mean the same what you are saying but it gives you one more reason for keeping interest rates low, me naive, really, I will take your words for it bro....

crankthskunk

What are you really trying to get at? These stats are available everywhere by the minute. U.S is pratically banckrupt but do they care? I guess not. Are they ever going to repay this debt? I guess not. IMF and World bank can tighten the screws on small economies but in this case nothing can be done. Just sit and watch the future unfolding. Americans are going to keep on borrowing and printing money and they will never downgrade their artificially higher standard of living, and if anyone thinks they will be economically pushed around, there is a perfect excuse to start the 3rd WW.

Yes, agree, that is the reason I am showing to those who think America is in better condition than most. it is not. But as I have explained it to GeoG in my post just now, they are wedging wars to protect the dollar as reserve currency. You are right, it is becoming more likely day by day, America would start the WWIII any time soon.

That's why I said, the case of Afghanistan is different from others, it is a good base for USA, in case WWIII breaks out. More food for thought for Pakistan, we will be the in the middle of the battle ground this time, not Europe.

bravo

Banned
Truth is :USA can print dollars infinitely and china can continue to collect it indefinitely!!

USA is not getting bankrupt of its own economic system..if it goes down,china will be the first country to follow it !!

crankthskunk

GeoG,

That's why I have explained you in details, and given the example of Pakistan for inflation.

USA is printing money far more than Pakistan, yes it uses some of it for its foreign obligations but the rest is used up for paying domestic debt, interest and obligations. How you think they are coping with their $4tn to $5tn other national obligations, apart from what is shown in their current budget deficit?

From their 2.02 trillion dollars Revenues?

Therefore, I asked you simple question, why there is no inflationary pressure in the USA, which there should be according to well established Economic principles?

And why the interest rates should be kept 0%? When it is impossible given US economic wows.

You should provide me the answers. I have already provided the answers, US and others wouldn't want the interest rate to go high for the reasons I explained already. No matter how much money it prints and how inflationary pressures is deflected, by use of deceit and deception like it is proven from the disclosure of $9 trillion dollars. Do you know how much US is printing?

crankthskunk

Truth is :USA can print dollars infinitely and china can continue to collect it indefinitely!!

USA is not getting bankrupt of its own economic system..if it goes down,china will be the first country to follow it !!

You couldn't be more wrong, China already demands Gold as method of payment in some cases, that's how the world found out that US is shipping fake gold bars.

Any time soon, the house of card is going to collapse, when, I can not say, but every Economist agree, it can not continue like this for too long.

bravo

Banned
You couldn't be more wrong, China already demands Gold as method of payment in some cases, that's how the world found out that US is shipping fake gold bars.

Any time soon, the house of card is going to collapse, when, I can not say, but every Economist agree, it can not continue like this for too long.

If dollar collapse ,entire economic system collapse...Gold is not a metal which is really used in day to day life !!its valuable only for ornaments but its not the need.it is as junk as dolllar!!

Oil and heavy metals used in the industry could be the ideal global currency in todays context!!They have some value attached to it

crankthskunk

If dollar collapse ,entire economic system collapse...Gold is not a metal which is really used in day to day life !!its valuable only for ornaments but its not the need.it is as junk as dolllar!!

Oil and heavy metals used in the industry could be the ideal global currency in todays context!!They have some value attached to it

A Video to support what I have written earlier, wars in Iraq and Libya are because of currency and not oil. Afghanistan is for strategic position for next world war.

USA and West can never allow their phantom currencies not supported by anything to be exposed. Please remember even when "terrorism" is mentioned, it is always "our way of life" is threatened. What is the Western way of life? It is not the democracy, they don't give a hoot about the Democracy, it is not freedom, they are the one who have invaded every continent of the whole world and taken freedom away from people.

Their way of life is to live in the life of luxury based on credit and on the strength of their phantom, fiat currencies. Anyone trying to attack their credit and Currency system, would mean threatening "Their way of life". This is the only thing which matters to them to keep their pillage of world resources and live the lives of luxury while subjecting the rest of the world to poverty and keep them under control by force.

Last edited:

GeoG

GeoG,

That's why I have explained you in details, and given the example of Pakistan for inflation.

USA is printing money far more than Pakistan, yes it uses some of it for its foreign obligations but the rest is used up for paying domestic debt, interest and obligations. How you think they are coping with their $4tn to $5tn other national obligations, apart from what is shown in their current budget deficit?

From their 2.02 trillion dollars Revenues?

Therefore, I asked you simple question, why there is no inflationary pressure in the USA, which there should be according to well established Economic principles?

And why the interest rates should be kept 0%? When it is impossible given US economic wows.

You should provide me the answers. I have already provided the answers, US and others wouldn't want the interest rate to go high for the reasons I explained already. No matter how much money it prints and how inflationary pressures is deflected, by use of deceit and deception like it is proven from the disclosure of $9 trillion dollars. Do you know how much US is printing?

I suppose you are currently a student in UK doing your MBA or Economics degree. I did mine 15 years back in London with major in International Finance so mind is rusty now, forgotten all about M2 M4 and M5. This is not to boast but to tell you about my educational background.

Anyways one reason among many I can think of is that US property and stock market bubble burst badly, although stock have recovered somewhat but property value remains 30 percent below their high recorded values.

It is human mindset that you don't start spending again excessively until you reach near to your previous level of wealth. Let me give you an example, suppose US public had 100 Dollars in 2001 and owed 70 to all lenders national and international. Their wealth dropped down to 50 and Feb is printing 1 Dollar each year but it still requires either property and share market to go up substantially or Fed to print ten times current rate to bring that old level of 70 and once that level is achieved, inflationary pressures will come in the economy and Fed will have no choice to increase the interest rates. Hope this explains...

pakistani 86

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
i do not know much about the economy coz i have never been its student.im a lawyer by profession but after reading u ppl i learned something and its really helpful for me to understand what is economy and how does it control the world.once i studied a book in the introduction of which it was told that the whole economic system has been evolved by the jews.how far this thing is right??if u know its details plz share some here that how this complex economic system has evolved through the centuries?

crankthskunk

I suppose you are currently a student in UK doing your MBA or Economics degree. I did mine 15 years back in London with major in International Finance so mind is rusty now, forgotten all about M2 M4 and M5. This is not to boast but to tell you about my educational background.

Anyways one reason among many I can think of is that US property and stock market bubble burst badly, although stock have recovered somewhat but property value remains 30 percent below their high recorded values.

It is human mindset that you don't start spending again excessively until you reach near to your previous level of wealth. Let me give you an example, suppose US public had 100 Dollars in 2001 and owed 70 to all lenders national and international. Their wealth dropped down to 50 and Feb is printing 1 Dollar each year but it still requires either property and share market to go up substantially or Fed to print ten times current rate to bring that old level of 70 and once that level is achieved, inflationary pressures will come in the economy and Fed will have no choice to increase the interest rates. Hope this explains...

No GeoG, I am not doing Economics Degree, I have done that years ago like you. As for Finance, I have done professional qualifications in Finance years ago as well. Now I am seriously thinking to write my thesis for Phd, but there are two hurdles at the moment, time and money. The education in the UK has become very expensive after recent changes, secondly as a man of the house, I have 100s of other responsibilities to think first, therefore, putting money aside for Phd is not that easy a task. But soon, Inshallah.

What I am trying to say to you, in the case of America, your normal economical principle do not hold water because they have different ways to manipulate the markets and economy. Last night I was reading an Article by John Bolton, he was of the opinion that USA should break the hold of Europe on IMF by voting for the candidate from Mexico against French Finance Minister. He said if in return European go against American's hold on the World Bank then so be it, USA should finish both institutions they have over lived their usage for America.

Since their inception after the WWII, the white men agreed between themselves that IMF would be controlled by Europe and World Bank by USA. Since then all the heads of IMF had been Europeans and all the head of World Bank are appointed by the USA.

Bolton alleges that European using IMF to boast Euro, which they created to show their financial clout against USA.

I am sorry to say, but your analysis about either the property prices or USA national debt are wrong. USA have record debts at the moment, not only in the history of America, but history of the mankind. And the property prices in the USA have gown down substantially in last few years and they are declining still, rate may have slowed down due to bottoming down effect but they are still down and no recovery insight.

As for 70's you should know, the debt problem started from 70's when the dollar was de-linked from Gold by Nixon. Ever since, Americans become wealthy and their standard of living rocketed year by year. Not because they were producing too much or all of a sudden they found new Gold reserves or oil reserves, but because they started to print insane amount of money and the economy flooded with extra cash. Yes, Initially the influx in the money supply, boosted the demand of consumer goods and hence slight increase in production and more industrialisation, but those effect were limited to short period of time, I am sure if you have done Economics, you know Law of Diminishing Return.

You may have seen this famous video by Fox on hockey stick effect of increase in money supply and new found wealth by the Americans on the back of FED magic of printing money.

This video is only until 2009 ever since USA has printed mega amount of money, one example already proven about $9 trillion to the banks. And you talking about M2, M3 and M4? Let me tell you one more thing, Nixon got rid of Gold standard as Glen said, but America promised the world they are responsible Government. Part of the promise was USA giving trenches of Gold to IMF in lieu of them printing dollars.

That's why Putin has accused USA framed Strauss-Kahn after he found out USA can not pay the trench becoming due, no gold in Fort Knox.

So my dear friend, Americans and European standard of living have not increased due to increase productivity but because of printing more money. I hope you understand it better now.

Last edited:

GeoG

No GeoG, I am not doing Economics Degree, I have done that years ago like you. As for Finance, I have done professional qualifications in Finance years ago as well. Now I am seriously thinking to write my thesis for Phd, but there are two hurdles at the moment, time and money. The education in the UK has become very expensive after recent changes, secondly as a man of the house, I have 100s of other responsibilities to think first, therefore, putting money aside for Phd is not that easy a task. But soon, Inshallah.

What I am trying to say to you, in the case of America, your normal economical principle do not hold water because they have different ways to manipulate the markets and economy. Last night I was reading an Article by John Bolton, he was of the opinion that USA should break the hold of Europe on IMF by voting for the candidate from Mexico against French Finance Minister. He said if in return European go against American's hold on the World Bank then so be it, USA should finish both institutions they have over lived their usage for America.

Since their inception after the WWII, the white men agreed between themselves that IMF would be controlled by Europe and World Bank by USA. Since then all the heads of IMF had been Europeans and all the head of World Bank are appointed by the USA.

Bolton alleges that European using IMF to boast Euro, which they created to show their financial clout against USA.

I am sorry to say, but your analysis about either the property prices or USA national debt are wrong. USA have record debts at the moment, not only in the history of America, but history of the mankind. And the property prices in the USA have gown down substantially in last few years and they are declining still, rate may have slowed down due to bottoming down effect but they are still down and no recovery insight.

As for 70's you should know, the debt problem started from 70's when the dollar was de-linked from Gold by Nixon. Ever since, Americans become wealthy and their standard of living rocketed year by year. Not because they were producing too much or all of a sudden they found new Gold reserves or oil reserves, but because they started to print insane amount of money and the economy flooded with extra cash. Yes, Initially the influx in the money supply, boosted the demand of consumer goods and hence slight increase in production and more industrialisation, but those effect were limited to short period of time, I am sure if you have done Economics, you know Law of Diminishing Return.

You may have seen this famous video by Fox on hockey stick effect of increase in money supply and new found wealth by the Americans on the back of FED magic of printing money.

This video is only until 2009 ever since USA has printed mega amount of money, one example already proven about $9 trillion to the banks. And you talking about M2, M3 and M4? Let me tell you one more thing, Nixon got rid of Gold standard as Glen said, but America promised the world they are responsible Government. Part of the promise was USA giving trenches of Gold to IMF in lieu of them printing dollars.

That's why Putin has accused USA framed Strauss-Kahn after he found out USA can not pay the trench becoming due, no gold in Fort Knox.

So my dear friend, Americans and European standard of living have not increased due to increase productivity but because of printing more money. I hope you understand it better now.

Good to know your background.

It is due to Bolton, Pearle kind of Neos which has pushed US deeper into their current mess.
See the exchange rate of Dollar against basket of currencies after Nixon, you will be surprised about the recurrent cycle Dollar follows or other currencies follow against Dollar every ten years. If you assumptions are true Dollar should have one way trend and that downward since Nixon.

Regarding American and European standard of living, deficit financing has been tool used by not only US but all Western Europeans and also Japan. What would you say about Japan which actually has deflation in the economy but follow US in growth strategies. They are all at it and we either don't give a dam or can't noting about it, sad but true....

crankthskunk

GeoG,

You are once again assuming that normal Economics rules apply in the case of USA. They dont. Dollar being reserve currency has everything to do with it, plus add USA military might. Dollar is based on these two strengths and not on normal Economics principles.

Otherwise the trend should have been what you predicted. There is no doubt USA banks are bankrupt but are they still not solvent despite having severe liquidity problems?

How was their liquidity problems sorted out? By having $9 trillion dollars worth of freshly printed money. What FED also did to help the insolvent banks? It borrowed their junk debts in return of freshly printed money. Take example of Bank of America, it got over $2.2 trillion in exchange of its useless debt. Normal wisdom should say, if an institution got rid of its toxic debts and also had influx of new money/funds (investment) without having restoring to any restructuring or offloading any assets.

Then it should have a healthy outlook and no liquidity problems, right!!!
But guess what, it is not liquid despite such a big favour by the FED, the QE3 is on its way. You tell me why it should be?

Americans are trying the failed tricks applied by Japan years back they have used QE repeatedly to rescue their zombie banks, but still no joy. American Citizens are learning the third QE on its way, I am sure it wouldnt work like the last two. UK have petty much nationalised two of its major banks and now idea is floated for public to have the shares in the banks against any more help they get for their bailouts.

Look at the chart of Japan, its GDP is stagnant or in decline for last two decades, and no improvements insight. Japan also has some of the biggest liquidity crisis for years, and has not succeeded to come out of its problems.

Why you think this magic would work for USA?

It wouldnt, it is not, the only advantage USA can pay its foreign obligations and imports by printing more money; other countries do not have this option. Thats why USA would crush any country, which floats the idea of dethroning USA dollars as reserve currency. It would start WWIII but wouldnt let dollar go down easily. If dollar goes down, USA is finished instantaneously.

And why you think that Dollars had not depreciated in its value despite FED increasing the money supply to probably 6 to 10 folds since 2008?

GeoG

Bro I never assumed that US is following Keynesian economic rules of capitalism, they are playing dirty but this is not exclusive to US, same is done by Western European economies.

Sorry I am not going into details as I am preparing my VAT return but for exchange rate, have a look at Dollar vs major currencies, from 2.04 Vs Sterling it came down to 1.22 in not too distant past. Dollars follows a cycle vs major currencies of the world.
I don't agree with your assumption that WW3 would hold Dollar, in previous W wars, Dollar was choice vs DM and JPY, now Euro holds much better position as compared with DM.

crankthskunk

Bro I never assumed that US is following Keynesian economic rules of capitalism, they are playing dirty but this is not exclusive to US, same is done by Western European economies.

Sorry I am not going into details as I am preparing my VAT return but for exchange rate, have a look at Dollar vs major currencies, from 2.04 Vs Sterling it came down to 1.22 in not too distant past. Dollars follows a cycle vs major currencies of the world.
I don't agree with your assumption that WW3 would hold Dollar, in previous W wars, Dollar was choice vs DM and JPY, now Euro holds much better position as compared with DM.

Variations in exchange rates are results of different market trends, data and sometime pure and simple speculations. Dollar is holding well despite the money supply had been increase to many many folds by FED. Common wisdom say, dollar should have been finished by now as a currency, or as FIAT currency, considering it has been diluted over the years and it does not have any backing, but it is still holding strong. Why?