Happy 88th Birthday (11 December 2010) to the Thespian of Modern Cinema

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
dilip-kumar-wallpaper.jpg

Yousuf Khan as famously known as Dilip Kumar, who is also widely considered as a revered title holder of Thespian in Indian motion picture industry by the critics, is my favourite actor of all time. When it comes to the big screen acting then there’s no doubt in one’s mind that this talented actor has achieved those heights and achievements which are of a unique nature by keeping in mind the normal course of performances by his predecessors, contemporaries and the successors in this field of fine art of silver screen.

Yousuf used to have that magical soft vocal tone whilst delivering his dialogues, possessing a savvy demeanour, his facial countenances, the revealing eyes, perfect and articulate delivery of words along with his calm composure, which made him an icon in one of the largest professional film industry of the world. Following few clips would be a testament of the profound artistry of this legendary performer and would definitely be appreciated by the lovers of pristine performing art of cinematic emoting;

Thespian in a Flirtatious Mood

The Emotive Eyes of a Legend

A Confrontation of Few Words

Gracing the Tragedy of His Son

Argument with a Totalitarian Father

The Agony of Love and Life Becomes the Emotional Outburst of a Tragedy King

Reining in the Arrogance of his Beloved

Surprising his Nemesis

Thespian in a Tense Scene

P.S.
I wish this phenomenal individual and exquisite artist, the likes of him which this world has never seen so far in the illustrious history of cinematic field of artistry, the best in his remaining life and hope to see this icon live long and healthy life with full of happiness and eternal bliss Ameen!

Last edited:

GuruJi

Citizen
Good Post Bret, you have done a good job. He is one of the, if not the finest talent.

Last edited:

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bret Hawk:

AOA and hope everything is fine at your end.

Kindly see if you can provide an update about his whereabouts and his present engagements?

Imranpak

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Nice to see Dilip sahib,Siara,Pran and Dharmendra again after all these years.Reminds me of proper conservative Indian movies propogating traditional values instead of all the westernisation of today.Salman Khan and Govinda look like school kids infront of these legends.

Last edited:

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
I’m glad to see some nice comments here instead of the (usual) admonishments and exhortations from the overly religious and jingoistic brigade of some emotional individuals here and would like to thank Guru-Ji and Saudi-King for their kind words.

Raja bro long time to see you here on this forum once again, by the way where have you been in all these weeks and months? Sigh! Only some good and haunting memories are left now of these rare artists like Yousuf Khan. I think more and less Yousuf sahab has been confined to his home nowadays along with the company of his gorgeous wife and his books.

His late brother Nasir Khan used to mention about the scholarly aspect of his elder brother (Yousuf Khan of course) that “La-La used to engage with his books after getting some relief from his hectic shooting schedule during his active years of acting. Yousuf la-la , Nasir further reminisced in one of the biography of Dilip Kumar, is an avid reader of literature and those subject matters which are very hard to grasp by even a moderate literate individual. This brief account abruptly came to my mind whilst reading about your query Raja bro.

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
اگرچہ کسی بھی ملک کے فنکار کے فن کو سراہنے میں تعصب سے کام نہیں لینا چاہئیے لیکن دلیپ کمار ' راج کپور ' اور محمد رفیع صاحب کا تو تعلق بھی ہمارے علاقوں سے بنتا ہے اسی لیے یہ صرف ہندوستانی نہیں بلکہ پورے بر صغیر کے شائقین کے لیے سرمایہ افتخار ہیں