GOOD GOVERNANCE AND EXPERIANCED TEAM!!! Cost of Nandipur Power Project skyrockets to Rs84 billion

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)
5417082c2bb0b.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Amidst criticism, the cost of the much-hyped Rs27 billion Nandipur Power Project is now a staggering Rs84bn, making it the most expensive power project in Pakistan.

A copy of official documents, available with DawnNews, shows that the cost of Nandipur Power Project has gone up from Rs57bn to reach Rs84bn.

However, when contacted by DawnNews, Managing Director Nandipur Power Project Muhammad Mehmood, expressed surprise about the increase in the cost.

He further said that he was unable to respond at the moment as to how the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) had determined the project cost at Rs84bn.

According to the MD, cost of the project currently stands at Rs57billion.

It merits mentioning here that official documents detailing revealing the project cost was forwarded to Nepra after the necessary approval of the MD.

However, Mr. Mehmood expressed unawareness about the actual cost, which was mentioned on page 13 of the official document.
541707d1c2757.jpg

The document states that Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) cost and related cost was $502.318m, Taxes & Duties $21.773m, Emergency Spare parts $ 15.00m, O&M Mobilisation $5.00m, Non-EPC Construction $56.750m, Financial Fees & Charges $16.838, Interest during Construction (IDC) $229.491million!!!!!. In this way, the total cost stands at $847.016million.

According to the PC-I of the project, the original cost was set at Rs22bn. However, due to a delay of seven years in the completion of the project, the cost went up.

The PML-N government then revised the cost during 2013, jacking it up by Rs35bn and fixing it at Rs57.4bn.

Recently, the Northern Power Generation Company (NPGC) had sought approval from Nepra to fix the power tariff of the project for 30 years at Rs18.16 per unit with furnace oil, Rs27.91/unit with high speed diesel (HSD) and Rs8.44/unit with gas.

Sources in the water and power ministry said Nepra, the power sector regulator, was perturbed over the increase in project cost and its tariff rate.

Sources said few members and officials of the authority were upset by the said raises in tariff and cost of the power project and were not in favour to pass on the additional burden to the power consumers.

On finding a plea from NPGC, Nepra in a bid to approve tariff in the light of stakeholder’s opinion/comments has advertised 13 questions and sent them to all stake holders including ministries of power, finance, planning, Sui Southern Gas Company Limited, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited, Consumers Protection Associations etc.

SOURCE: http://www.dawn.com/news/1132141/cost-of-nandipur-power-project-skyrockets-to-rs84-billion

Last edited by a moderator:

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)
There is no coal !!! The cheapest fuel !!!!
Why are they putting up dinosaur age power plants!!! That run on expensive fuels!!!!!

CORRUPTION!! CORRUPTION!!! CORRUPTION!!!!
SHAME!!!! SHAME!!!!! SHAME!!!!!!

ONE NATION ONE AIM : GO NAWAZ GO

I am a no body but as an engineer and I can setup a 1000 MW Coal Fired Power Plant in this amount!!!!!

Last edited:

Pak1stani

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Almost 1 Billion Dollar :13::13::13::13: :doh::doh::doh: for installation of 100MW generation capacity

Last edited:

deathchallenger

MPA (400+ posts)
Almost 1 Billion Dollar :13::13::13::13: :doh::doh::doh: for installation of 100MW generation capacity
This Dharna has costed Rs 1000 Billion to our economy (conservative figure), hence we could have generated 1000MW electricity for poor. Will U turn Khan ever pay back the loses? One way of looking aat things!

Pak1stani

Yes but when the inauguration was done that time Nandipur was expected to generate under 100MW which mean the cost will go up when rest of the 300 MW will be installed.

The name plate capacity as per Wikipedia for this project is 425MW

Pak1stani

LoL Occupying on side of the road which has 0 industry cost 1000Billion [hilar]

This Dharna has costed Rs 1000 Billion to our economy (conservative figure), hence we could have generated 1000MW electricity for poor. Will U turn Khan ever pay back the loses? One way of looking aat things!

arafay

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This is a fuel based plant so the cost of producing the electricity is in addition to building the plant.

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)

Brother the cost of the Dharna is not coming out of the Gov Exchequers pockets!!!
Plus what ever the amount it is not close to a wooping 1000 Billion!!
If you were a bit more educated I would have gone on to explain how it is estimated..
For starters just estimate that half the participants earn and if they go to the Dharna that income stops temporarily and so this is considered as a loss...so on and so forth.
Just for a comparison one working day strike by MQM in Karachi causes more damage to our economy than one month of Dharna as total activity is suspended, factories are closed, trading is stopped, port operations delayed, transport stopped etc etc etc..

deathchallenger

MPA (400+ posts)
LoL Occupying on side of the road which has 0 industry cost 1000Billion [hilar]

Yeah right the same way these little angels has forced Chinese President to postponed his trip, intrude into Parliament and ransacked our National TV. Such a simple world from the eyes of PTI. PITY Read this http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/national/10-Sep-2014/govt-lost-rs-1-000bn-due-to-sit-ins-ahsan-iqbal . I personally find this government to be more credible than a speakers in D Chowk. If you think otherwise than its your choice.

Last edited:

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
ان کی ٹیم صرف ایک چیز میں ماہر ہے کہ کیسے اپنا کمشن بنانا ہے اورپھر اسکو بڑھاتے ہی جانا ہے
کیسے حکومت کو لوٹنا ہے اور کیسے عوام کی کھال اتارنی ہے

deathchallenger

MPA (400+ posts)
Brother the cost of the Dharna is not coming out of the Gov Exchequers pockets!!!
Plus what ever the amount it is not close to a wooping 1000 Billion!!
If you were a bit more educated I would have gone on to explain how it is estimated..
For starters just estimate that half the participants earn and if they go to the Dharna that income stops temporarily and so this is considered as a loss...so on and so forth.
Just for a comparison one working day strike by MQM in Karachi causes more damage to our economy than one month of Dharna as total activity is suspended, factories are closed, trading is stopped, port operations delayed, transport stopped etc etc etc..
Bro, Who said that expenses from Dharna is coming from Government pocket? I have quoted the figure which your Finance Minister has quoted few days ago. This figure is the lose this Dharna/Dharni has inflicted on our economy. I personally find it to be a waste of time to argue with PTI supporters as they are the most narrow minded, illogical and irrational cult I have ever come across. 1 example is when Chinese president postponed his trip your own leader quoted that 'he was never coming in the 1st place' and since it was confirmed by Chinese FO that the trip was cancelled due to political instability by two morons and their masters, I have never seen a word uttered from IK on this topic. Hence, be welcome to be part of the cult and selective propaganda and people like me will continue to oppose this mindset.

Pak1stani

Patwaris can't survives without lies. There was no visit scheduled for Chinese president, Chinese foreign office already slapped patwaris. Ask your gullu butts and script writer of 35 punctures who brought Pakistan to current state

Yeah right the same way these little angels has forced Chinese President to postponed his trip, intrude into Parliament and ransacked our National TV. Such a simple world from the eyes of PTI. PITY Read this http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/national/10-Sep-2014/govt-lost-rs-1-000bn-due-to-sit-ins-ahsan-iqbal . I personally find this government to be more credible than a speakers in D Chowk. If you think otherwise than its your choice.

deathchallenger

MPA (400+ posts)
Patwaris can't survives without lies. There was no visit scheduled for Chinese president, Chinese foreign office already slapped patwaris. Ask your gullu butts and script writer of 35 punctures who brought Pakistan to current state
Oh Well Another POOTIII will bite the dust. Nothing New, you are just like your master POOTII KHAN. Anyway, Mr Small POOTII here is a link, http://tribune.com.pk/story/759162/...tually-postponed-chinese-embassy-fo-confirms/. I guess you will be able to read English (I doubt). High time to leave JAPAN and replace Sheruu in Bani gala, atleast someone can keep you under the leash.

Pathfinder

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
یہ وہ روزادار پاور سٹیشن تھا جو رمضان کے مہینے میں روزہ رکھ رہا تھا؟