GOOD GOVERNANCE AND EXPERIANCED TEAM!!! Cost of Nandipur Power Project skyrockets to Rs84 billion

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)
You think I have wrong understanding, that is fine. You can have your opinion brother and I can have mine.
I know that the prices of everything, every hardware has been more then double in 7 years.

It is PMLN who jacked up the price. Since Pakistan did not pay for the machinery and delayed in the contract, there must be penalties for that.
Also the inflation has gone up. If you were to build a house in Pakistan 7 years ago. it would cost maybe 50 lakhs and today it will cost more then one carore.

from 50 lacs to one crore it is 100% increase here there is an increase of 400%!!! where as all equipment got purchased seven years ago so inflation is only applicable to cost of erection and not on the power plant itself add any financial penalty it can and should not have been more than 100%!!!
Here there is 400% increase, does not take a wizard to see the corruption only an unbiased eye is needed!!!

pakistani786

Minister (2k+ posts)
Okay brother I am not part of the project and neither you are. So we don't know a lots of things.

Dosome search, don't just believe what others say. This is PTI propaganda machinery.

Here are some fact with source.

In January 2008, Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) signed a Rs. 23 billion ($329 million) contract with Dong Fang Electric Corporation of China to construct the Nandipur Power Project and paid it a 10 per cent down payment.[SUP][1][/SUP] By mid-2010, much of the work at this power project was complete and it was expected be finished on schedule in April 2011.[SUP][3][/SUP] However, the project suffered delays as the summary, sent by the Ministry of Water and Power for legal opinion of the Ministry of Law & Justice, remained pending with the latter for two years from March 2010 to March 2012. As a result, machinery worth $85 million remained stuck at the Karachi Port for over two years.[SUP][4][/SUP] In September 2012, the president of Dongfang Electric Corporation Zhang Guorong terminated the contract for the construction of the Nandipur power project, saying his company had suffered colossal losses because machinery worth $85 million had been awaiting clearance at the Karachi Port.[SUP][5][/SUP] The company also demanded $40 million as compensation for losses suffered because of depreciation and damages on machinery stranded at the Karachi Port for the two years.[SUP][6]

[/SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandipur_Power_Project

from 50 lacs to one crore it is 100% increase here there is an increase of 400%!!! where as all equipment got purchased seven years ago so inflation is only applicable to cost of erection and not on the power plant itself add any financial penalty it can and should not have been more than 100%!!!
Here there is 400% increase, does not take a wizard to see the corruption only an unbiased eye is needed!!!

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)
Okay brother I am not part of the project and neither you are. So we don't know a lots of things.

Dosome search, don't just believe what others say. This is PTI propaganda machinery.

Here are some fact with source.

In January 2008, Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) signed a Rs. 23 billion ($329 million) contract with Dong Fang Electric Corporation of China to construct the Nandipur Power Project and paid it a 10 per cent down payment.[SUP][1][/SUP]By mid-2010, much of the work at this power project was complete and it was expected be finished on schedule in April 2011.[SUP][3][/SUP] However, the project suffered delays as the summary, sent by the Ministry of Water and Power for legal opinion of the Ministry of Law & Justice, remained pending with the latter for two years from March 2010 to March 2012. As a result, machinery worth $85 million remained stuck at the Karachi Port for over two years.[SUP][4][/SUP] In September 2012, the president of Dongfang Electric Corporation Zhang Guorong terminated the contract for the construction of the Nandipur power project, saying his company had suffered colossal losses because machinery worth $85 million had been awaiting clearance at the Karachi Port.[SUP][5][/SUP] The company also demanded $40 million as compensation for losses suffered because of depreciation and damages on machinery stranded at the Karachi Port for the two years.[SUP][6]

[/SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandipur_Power_Project

Brother Brother Brother!

Please start entertaining the idea that these rulers are a corrupt lot !!!
"Official documents detailing revealing the project cost was forwarded to Nepra after the necessary approval of the MD.
However, Mr. Mehmood expressed unawareness about the actual cost, which was mentioned on page 13 of the official document"
541707d1c2757.jpg

Have you got any sane explanation, show it to some investment guy or person who is in projects business and he will look at the figures and tell you they are down right fishy !!!!

pakistani786

Minister (2k+ posts)
These rulers are corrupt I agree but far better then Qadri and dharna company.

They are far better then MQM and PPP. We cannot import leaders, they have to emerge from within the country.

So we got to take the better one, this the best among them, May Allah bring us a better leader.

Wikipedia is used for school s and everything in the entire world. I think it is pretty reliable source.

I will stop this argument. May Allah bring good to our country and in to our lives.

Brother Brother Brother!

Please start entertaining the idea that these rulers are a corrupt lot !!!
"Official documents detailing revealing the project cost was forwarded to Nepra after the necessary approval of the MD.
However, Mr. Mehmood expressed unawareness about the actual cost, which was mentioned on page 13 of the official document"
541707d1c2757.jpg

Have you got any sane explanation, show it to some investment guy or person who is in projects business and he will look at the figures and tell you they are down right fishy !!!!