Did Allah create people to test them?

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
DID ALLAH CREATE PEOPLE TO TEST THEM?

67/2
067_002.gif

He created death and life to put you through (balaa) to see who will do his best from amongst you for others.

Word YABLOO is from root BALAA=test, experience, trial, hard work, bear minimum state.

Another verses is 51/56
051_056.gif

We did not create people regardless rulers or followers but for the reason that they serve me ie carry out my instructions for fulfilling the goal I set out for them.

These like various verses in the quran work together telling us that Allah created us in a state whereby we must struggle from where we start our lives from to the goal Allah has set for us.

This is evolutionary process, which is made clear yet more in verses where Allah tells us that all people were on the same path of development and progress then when they rose to a state of awareness then Allah sent prophets and books for them to live by eg 2/213 etc.

It is like we are born as babies then we grow and when we are capable of thinking beyond ourselves that we look for explanations for our existence and purpose and that is when we think about god and revelation.

The quran in our case then tells us who we are and what we were created for and by whom.

The set goal is creation of heavenly kingdom here on this earth for mankind by our own understanding of things and doing them the best we can.

The idea that Allah created us for testing us is not like exam in a school class. Testing times are interpreted as hard times. Balaa also means problem or trouble or disaster etc.

By collecting related verses from all over the quran one gets the idea that this is not a test in sense of whether we can or cannot do something. Nor it is about Allah knows the outcome already or not. It is just that Allah set out life this way that he created us to develop and establish something for ourselves through trial and error to begin with and with help of some guidelines. Actions are linked to consequences and accountability.

The verses in the quran which tell us people will end up in hell are both for life in this world and the next. It is all result of suffering due to doing things ourselves. The hell in hereafter does not mean that people will stay in hell for ever and ever regardless of what they really deserve but for as long as they deserve. That is so because Allah starts the quran by declaring clearly that he is full of kindness and compassion.

He only will punish those who deserve it and only as much as they deserve and is biased towards forgiveness.

The goal is to bring about a better world and as a consequence reward could be great in this life as well as in the next. It is because working for goal has ample reward and working against the goal has its consequences for mankind as a whole.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50593-Javed-Ghamdi-Salman-Taseer-Asma-Jhangir-Khuda-ka-khof-karen-plz!-Nice-Column-by-Orya-Maqbool-Jan/page5

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50607-Pakistan-religion-secularism-amp-tribalism

Last edited:

moazzamniaz

Bro, i agree with ur analysis and opinion. Bundle of thanx for making the post short:). I have a humble request for u, If u cud put a short summary of ur long posts at the bottom of the post in future so that lazy persons like me can get an overview of the post. It will also produce an interest in the members then to read the reasons and explanation given in ur long post. In fact i like ur posts so much that i dont want to miss a single line of urs:). Thanx in advance.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
DID ALLAH CREATE PEOPLE TO TEST THEM?

67/2
067_002.gif

He created death and life to put you through (balaa) to see who will do his best from amongst you for others.

Word YABLOO is from root BALAA=test, experience, trial, hark work, bear minimum state.

Another verses is 51/56
051_056.gif

We did not create people regardless rulers or followers but for the reason that they serve me ie carry out my instructions for fulfilling the goal I set out for them.

These like various verses in the quran work together telling us that Allah created us in a state whereby we must struggle from where we start our lives from to the goal Allah has set for us.

This is evolutionary process, which is made clear yet more in verses where Allah tells us that all people were a on the same path of development and progress then when they rose to a state then Allah sent prophets and books for them to live by eg 1/213 etc.

It is like we are born as babies then we grow and when we are capable of thinking beyond ourselves that we look for explanations for our existence and purpose and that is when we think about god and revelation.

The quran in our case then tells us who we are and what we were created for and by whom.

The set goal is creation of heavenly kingdom here on this earth for mankind by our own understanding of things and doing them the best we can.

The idea that Allah created us for testing us is not like exam in a school class. Testing times are interpreted as hard times. Balaa also means problem or trouble, disaster etc.

By collecting related verses from all over the quran one gets the idea that this is not a test in sense of whether we can or cannot do something. Nor it is about Allah knows the outcome already or not. It is just that Allah set out life this way that he created us to develop and establish something for ourselves through trial and error to begin with and with help of some guidelines. Actions are linked to consequences and accountability.

The verses in the quran which tell us people will end up in hell are both for life in this world and the next. It is all result of suffering due to doing things ourselves. The hell in hereafter does not mean that people will stay in hell for ever and ever regardless of what they really deserve but for as long as they deserve. That is so because Allah starts the quran by declaring clearly that he is full of kindness and compassion.

He only will punish those who deserve it and only as much as they deserve and is biased towards forgiveness.

The goal is to bring about a better world and as a consequence reward could be great in this life as well as in the next. It is because working for goal has ample reward and working against the goal has its consequences for mankind as a whole.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...en-plz!-Nice-Column-by-Orya-Maqbool-Jan/page5

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50607-Pakistan-religion-secularism-amp-tribalism

So you think "Jinns" are Rulers and "Ins" are followers? isn't this too much for playing around with the correct meaning of these arabic words?

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
tests are created for the following purposes:

1 - instructor doesn't know who is the best and who is the worst ... and he wants to find out
2 - instructor wants the test-takers to prepare and train for a task that requires the skills being tested
3 - instructor has some reward (candies, cash etc) which are not enough to give to all test-takers

now could you tell me what is the purpose of the test when:
1 - Allah already knows who is best, and who is not ... why test?
2 - The skills that we acquire in the world (fearing god, fighting nafs, etc) are worthless in heaven ... why test?
3 - Allah is not short on space in heaven ... He could put all the people of the world in heaven if He wants ... why test?

while you think about that think about this: did we have a choice to enter this test?

Mughal1

So you think "Jinns" are Rulers and "Ins" are followers? isn't this too much for playing around with the correct meaning of these arabic words?

Thank you dear shamsheer, could you please expand on your own concepts of jinns and angels so that I could see where you are coming from. Thanks and all the best.

Mughal1

1 - instructor doesn't know who is the best and who is the worst ... and he wants to find out
2 - instructor wants the test-takers to prepare and train for a task that requires the skills being tested
3 - instructor has some reward (candies, cash etc) which are not enough to give to all test-takers

2 - The skills that we acquire in the world (fearing god, fighting nafs, etc) are worthless in heaven ... why test?
3 - Allah is not short on space in heaven ... He could put all the people of the world in heaven if He wants ... why test?

while you think about that think about this: did we have a choice to enter this test?

Dear thedude, when you do not exist, you do not have choice. The choice rests with the creator. Same is true about parents and children. The while children are not there, to be they, cannot stop their to be parents from having them. This is the way the world works regardless we like it or not.

It was up to Allah to create us and set any task he chose for us and that is what he did. Allah did not need our permission for doing what he did because we were not there to tell him.

regards and all the best.

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
If Allah wills, I'll try to answer your queries.

Allah knows who is best and who is not. Allah even know in advance who will end up in Hell or Heaven. So, Allah should directly throw disbeliever to hell and pious muslims to Heaven without the test in this world?
The reason, Allah sent us here for a test that on the day of judgment we would not question Allah's judgment. If Allah throw someone directly in hell, he/she will definitely ask that why they are being thrown to hell, if given chance, they would have done good deeds and worship only Allah.
On the day of judgment people will be asking for forgiveness but none of them would question the ultimate justice of Allah. This is the reason of the TEST.

Last edited:

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
Sorry, did not answer 2 and 3.

2- Agreed. Lot of people ask the question that why if someone who was a disbeliever died at the age of say 60 doing all the wrong deeds should be thrown to hell forever and ever. The wisdom behind that is that, if that person would have lived even forever, he would have kept doing the wrong deeds, so he will be punished forever.
Once, you pass the test you dont have to study for the same exam, right? thats the reason once you pass the test and end up in the heaven, you will only enjoy all the bounties of Allah and you wont need to strive for success anymore.

3- Allah can certainly put everyone in Heaven, but dont you think it is unjust to others. Someone who abused his authority, power, wealth given by Allah and used it to opress others, should a person like this should be allowed to enter in heaven.
Similarly, someone lived all his life according to Allah's saying should also get the same space in Jannah? Even in heaven there will be levels, and people with the best deeds would be close to the level of our Beloved Prophet PBUH and his companions.

Last edited:

Resonant

MPA (400+ posts)
1 - Allah already knows who is best, and who is not ... why test??

It will be foolish to even think that Allah put us in test in order for Him to know our performance...No. The purpose of this test is to let us know who and what we are. It is for our self realization...This is all about us. As iqbal said:
Ye Hay Maqsad-e-Gardish-e-Rozgaar
Kay Teri Khudi Tujh Pay Ho Aashkaar
(The purpose of exposing us to different situations in life is just to let you know yourself.)

2 - The skills that we acquire in the world (fearing god, fighting nafs, etc) are worthless in heaven ... why test??

Well, whatever we do in life and do not do in life, leaves an impression in our soul....every act of ours, bring a positive or negative change of state in our soul, and it continues untill the time of death. At death, our soul is freezed in that state, which was achieved as a consequence of our whole life actions, and the dominant state of mind at the time of death....We wake up in the next world in that frozen state and this decide our status in the next world...So whatever will be the environment for you in the next world, is achieved through the evolution of your soul in this world...I hope you got the point. :)

But in this case, how you would know who you are?.....so the objective mentioned in the answers of first two questions will not be acheived...There is no issue of space here at all....:)

Last edited:

patriot

Minister (2k+ posts)
Brother Mughal1, Salaamun Alaikum.
Could it be that :
Death and life were created to test our own ability to perform His work?
If we truly are His servants, we should do everything that He has promised to people that He will do for them.
His servants should certainly keep His promises to mankind.

I wondered, if death and life in quoted ayah could mean death and life
of nations.
I mean, not real death and life, but life as in a living nation, a creative nation.
And death as in a dead nation who stands still and is lagging behind.

Allah wants us to see which of us treat others best when we "come to life".
Since at the moment we as a nation are a dead nation, intellectually and lag behind.

While others try to find solutions to world problems, we try to kill each other in the name God.

Further; Could the word muslim mean :One who is commited to peace in the cause of The God?

Last edited:

Mughal1

Thank you dear patriot. Word mawt does mean death but its interpretation depends on context eg it could be about existence, purpose or function etc and same is true about word hayaat=life. Things have life and nations have a life.

Likewise people doing god's work is also ok that is why we call them godly. Man of god is not the one who does supernatural things but the one who carries out his god appointed duties.

regards and all the best.