Gwadar Nawabshah LNG Terminal,
70 MW Hydro-Electric Suki Kinari Hydropower Project,
Port Qasim 2x660MW Coal-fired Power Plant,
720MW Karot Hyderabad Project,
Jhimpir Wind Project,
Thar Block II 3.8Mt/a mining Project,
A cross border fibre optic data communication system projects at Murree,

ARE ALL IN LAHORE!!!

PTI has stooped to a REAL GHATIA LEVEL OF POLITICS. We used to hear MQM's use of Racism, but look at this list of projects(wikipedia) below and think, do these PTIians have ANY sympathy for Pakistan? Or will they even SELL THEIR OWN HONOR AND GRACE for making IK PM and impeding PMLN??

List of MOUs signed for the Pakistan-China Economic Corridor:​

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%E2%80%93Pakistan_Economic_Corridor#Projects

Gwadar Port
Upgrading of KarachiPeshawar Main LineFeasibility study underway[SUP][41][/SUP]
Khunjerab RailwayFeasibility study underway[SUP][39][/SUP]
Karachi - Lahore Motorway (KLM)Approved, Construction to begin 2015[SUP][39][/SUP]
Havelian to Khunjrab Rail trackApproved[SUP][42][/SUP]
Hazara MotorwayUnder construction[SUP][39][/SUP]
IranPakistan gas pipelineUnder construction, Iran's part of the pipeline is complete.[SUP][39][/SUP]
Gwadar-RatoderoUnder construction, approx. 820-km long, expected completion Dec, 15 [SUP][39][/SUP]
Economic Corridor Support ForceCompleted, armed division of the army for security of workforce, cost $250 million[SUP][43][/SUP]
Havelian Dry PortFeasibility study underway for the container port
Orange Line (Lahore Metro)Approved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Upgrading of Gwadar International AirportApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
China-Pakistan Joint Cotton Bio-Tech LaboratoryApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Gwadar-Nawabshah LNG Terminal and Pipeline ProjectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
70 MW Hydro-Electric Suki Kinari Hydropower ProjectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Port Qasim 2x660MW Coal-fired Power PlantApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
720MW Karot Hydropower ProjectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Zonergy 9x100 MW solar project in PunjabApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Jhimpir wind Power projectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Thar Block II 3.8Mt/a mining ProjectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Thar Block II 2x330MW Coal Fired Power projectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Development of Private Hydro Power ProjectsApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Dawood Wind Power projectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Hubco Coal-fired Power Plant ProjectApproved[SUP][39][/SUP]
Cross-border fibre optic data communication system project, a digital terrestrial multimedia broadcast pilot project at Murree

Last edited:

v r imran k

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
lahore a naaaaaaaaaam paksitan rakh looooooooooooooooooooooo takhay lahore walooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hum per reham akroooo

army our non k government mill bant dolelrs kha ker harmay bahi marwa rahi hay army nay anwaz sharif ko rigged election kay through iqtdar kay awnoun tak wesy hi to nahi pounchaya

Caylu

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Pak China Economic Corridor: A Myth and a Reality

These days Pakistan's media and social media are abuzz with Pak China Economic Corridor. People from the government side and favoring government side are portraying it as the biggest thing ever happened to Pakistan and the people who are against government or don't like the PML-N are saying that this project is also to benefit Punjab and it will create more differences and sense of deprivation and discrimination in other provinces.

I like to read the good arguments from both sides and I personally believe that roads infrastructure is the most important infrastructure for the development of any country and it only reduces distances but also give rise to unity. Roads are definitely required to improve the economic prosperity of any region. But the reality is that for the last 25 years since i m following news one thing which has not changed is that each government says that they got the economy in tatters and now their policies is going to bring the change and after that government goes next government comes and it says that same thing. So i try not to believe much on the hype rather i try to make my own fair judgment.

I know people don't have a very good memory and they tend to forget and forgive quickly. Plus propaganda always make people believes in things which are not real. So in this blog i will try to remind people of something similar and will let the user to make their own conclusion. As i mentioned earlier i am not against development especially road and transportation development, but i like to keep my feet in the reality too.

19 September 2001, a brave commando and Chief of Army Staff and the President of Pakistan, General Pervaiz Musharraf addressed the nation. Whole transcript is available here. But i will just highlight crux of that address.

1. Pakistan is in a very critical situation and this is a great opportunity for us to capitalize it and it will solve many of our problems. If we dont join forces with USA, India will take advantage of this situation
  2. Kashmir issue will be highlighted and will be resolved according to the wishes of Pakistan
  3. Our economy will benefit a lot from it.
  4. Pakistan will get a much strong voice in international community and will become a front state in lot of matter and everybody will consult us.

Now we are more than 13 years from that day and that decision, lets take a deep breadth and evaluate each of the point.

MythsReality
1. Kashmir Issue will be resolved
  • Kashmir issue further buried down.
  • First time in history India manage to fence the occupied Kashmir, giving a signal that occupied Kashmir is part of India
  • Even PTV don't show any news of Kashmir any more. Before that, every day on 9 PM news bulletin there was a news for Kashmir.
2. Economy will benefit a lot
  • Our economy got a small boast initially in property and stock exchange sector.
  • But after from that it is in worse shape by all measure and it is accepted by everyone.
  • The value of our rupee which use to be equal to Indian rupee is now worse than Bangladeshi tikka. and twice less than Indian rupee
3. Pakistan will have a strong voice in international community
  • Pakistan definitely arranged many different groups like friends of Pakistan to get some help but in international community i don't think it has got any more value then before
  • Our own security situation have turned so bad that even cricket teams dont visit us for last 5 years so you can imagine the voice we have in the international community
4. Will get lot of benefits and if we don't join India will benefit
  • Every person knows that in 1999 Pakistan didn't have any load shedding. Now we are facing acute power shortages, gas shortages and our infrastructure got terribly deteriorated
  • India without joining got benefit. It got nuclear deal with USA
  • It got many contracts in afghan government.

So just to keep this blog short, i will like the people to think about it themselves. Recently i read somewhere that Pakistan got $39 Billion through coalition support fund. Which is almost equal to what Chinese have pledged us in Pak-China Economic Corridor. So what we had to for these $39 Billion was to betray Afghanistan (Link).

And the price for this $46 Billion dollar is to betray our most loyals friends Saudi Arabia and Turkey (Link). Saudi Arabia and Turkey are two friends who have helped us when none other have helped us. People are praising Chinese a lot but they forget that china have even bigger investments in other countries also and also have sizable investment and much much bigger trade cooperation with India.

Although on the front we say that we are keeping Pakistan interest first but the reality is that we are keeping others interests first. Friendships are not made overnight, successive governments with lot of patience and dedication created these time tested friendships and now PML-N government within 2 days destroyed these friendship.

• When Pakistan was facing credit crunch it was not China but Saudi Arabia who gave us $1.5 Billion.
  • When countries put sanctions on us on nuclear test, it was not China but Saudi Arabia who gave us free oil for a long long time.

On the other hand

• We also have to remember that its Chinese companies who gave us faulty railway engines.
  • We also have to remember that all these projects will be completed by Chinese companies
  • These are just recent examples, i am not blaming them but every country put its interest in the front

If i look back and see what we gained from joining the coalition forces then i will say that it was a very bad decision.

As Allah says in Quran (Surah Rahman, Verse 60)

هَلْ جَزَاءُ الْإِحْسَانِ إِلَّا الْإِحْسَانُ

Translation: Should the reward of goodness be aught else but goodness?

I will just hope that our policy makers are smart enough to realize what they are doing and makes a decision which is truly beneficial for Pakistan.

The title A myth and reality is just to remind you the reality of $39 Billion Coalition Fund and so that you can better understand the myth of $46 Billion Economic Corridor.

https://caylu.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/pak-china-economic-corridor-a-myth-and-a-reality/

Last edited by a moderator: