Brainless Captain : Shoaib Akhtar Keeping It Real

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If we win the next 4 matches and if one of the top 4 loses all 4-5 of their next few matches. If the other 3 teams ahead of us get wash out. Yeah thats not happening.

I don't disagree with most of what he is saying....but if by any chance Pakistan win the next 4 matches and with few ifs and butts they qualify for semis then all of these people will be saying different things. Lol

Vitamin_C

Same thing here, called a few wickets right before they fell. But I do not think its our expertise, its common sense that our team is lacking.

Then you should have read the whatsapp convo I had with my Muslim Indian Hyderabadi friend who was actually supporting Pakistan. I was about 3 to 4 balls ahead of the game, ( TBH even I was surprised how I got even the Paki dismissals right just a ball or two before they actually happened ). He got so ticked off he said "Tumhari kaali zubaan hai, I am not talking to you anymore until the match ends"

بگ باس

MPA (400+ posts)
Whenever they play defensive under 'pressure' they lose. You can see how after the match was reduced to 40 overs and the 'pressure' was off, Imad and Shadab managed to get 45 runs out of 5 overs because they were playing fearlessly.

بھائی جی وہی نا۔۔۔ تو کس عقلبند نے مشورہ دیا تھا پہلے باؤلنگ کر کے پریشر اپنے سر لینے کا۔۔۔ سیدھا رن آؤٹ مس کر دیا۔۔۔ میدان میں منہ کھول کھول اباسیاں لے رہے۔۔۔ یہ میچ ٹیم نے انتہائی دل جمعی اور محبت سے انڈیا کو جتایا

Notpersonal

Minister (2k+ posts)
Even i m not harsh on pakistani cricket players but i do 100% agree with what shoaib akhtar said ,
In sab saloon ko pakistan main ghusne bhe nahi dena chahiyeh

surfer

If we win the next 4 matches and if one of the top 4 loses all 4-5 of their next few matches. If the other 3 teams ahead of us get wash out. Yeah thats not happening.
Not to mention that even if all that happens we’ll still have the worst run rate. This cup is over for us.

In fact I want us to loose so we get some changes. Malik should have been out years ago (he did nothing in CT17 of note), Hassan Ali needed to be dropped, but most of all mickey has got to as well as Sarfraz. Rubbish team selections (no Shadab against aus), bowling first today - after seeing that strategy fail against Aus.

I don’t mind getting beaten by a better team, but we tend to make it easy for our opponents

Vitamin_C

We need some educated and intelligent players on the team regardless of talent. Its brain that is lacking in our team sincethe 90s players retired.

We also need real batsmen instead of just all rounders I added up the average of our top 6 bastsmen and the combined batting average was less than 180. How are they planning to chase scores of 300+ is beyond me. You do not need data scientists to explain these things just someone with common sense.

Not to mention that even if all that happens we’ll still have the worst run rate. This cup is over for us.

In fact I want us to loose so we get some changes. Malik should have been out years ago (he did nothing in CT17 of note), Hassan Ali needed to be dropped, but most of all mickey has got to as well as Sarfraz. Rubbish team selections (no Shadab against aus), bowling first today - after seeing that strategy fail against Aus.

I don’t mind getting beaten by a better team, but we tend to make it easy for our opponents

scholar

یہ میچ ٹوٹلی فکس تھا کیونکہ پاکستانی ٹیم کی باڈی لینگوج سے اور آئمپائرکی حرکات ادھر واضح ہیں ۔۔ ٹیم سلکشن بہت پور جیسا کہ شیعب نے کہا کہ خارث کو کھلانا چاہیے تھا اور میں سمجھتا ہوں کہ خارث اس وقت ٹیم میں سب سے تگڑا بیسٹمین ہے اور مجھے سمجھ نہیں آئی کہ حسنین کو آمب چوسنے کے لیے ساتھ لے کر گیے ہو ۔۔ سیٹھی کی روح ابھی بھی ان پلیر میں چھلک رہی ہے ۔۔ انضمام اور ٹیم مینجمنٹ لمبا پیسہ چھاپ رہی ہے

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
In fact I want us to loose so we get some changes.
No matter how difficult this is but this is exactly what needs to happen, not lose but lose badly get thrashed even by Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Until this happens kuch nahi hoga. Infact everyone in the PCB and the team from A to Z should be fired and start totally new even if it means taking a break from international cricket for one or two years and even if it means losing aur Test status and ICC rankings. Start from the very bottom again and work your way up again.

BC awam kay arabon rupiyah kha jaate hai aur result kya nikal ta hai yeh rellu katton ka tabar.

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Najam shitty is the bastard responsible for this debacle. He quietly ignored domestic cricket whereas India was investing heavily in its domestic cricket infrastructure.

He has done his job well to destroy our cricket and all the debacles that happened on international teams during the rule of the corrupt.

club class cricketers, playing at international level, oops
Sorry, they are missing Najam Sethi,

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
If that happens PCB will lose all revenue. Thats not a wise way of doing things. You dont demolish an old building you need till you have a new one up. You keep them running parallel.

First find that new setup, decide who will be the management, let them find the players. Keep the good ones we have already and move forward in a balanced manner.

No team in the world totally dismantles itself to re-build. That will be sheer stupidity !

No matter how difficult this is but this is exactly what needs to happen, not lose but lose badly get thrashed even by Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Until this happens kuch nahi hoga. Infact everyone in the PCB and the team from A to Z should be fired and start totally new even if it means taking a break from international cricket for one or two years and even if it means losing aur Test status and ICC rankings. Start from the very bottom again and work your way up again.

BC awam kay arabon rupiyah kha jaate hai aur result kya nikal ta hai yeh rellu katton ka tabar.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
If that happens PCB will lose all revenue. Thats not a wise way of doing things. You dont demolish an old building you need till you have a new one up. You keep them running parallel.

First find that new setup, decide who will be the management, let them find the players. Keep the good ones we have already and move forward in a balanced manner.

No team in the world totally dismantles itself to re-build. That will be sheer stupidity !
Ghatta, it claims it made 700 million pkr profit in the last financial year. We can live without PCBs 700 million for a year or two. Roz roz zaleel hone se to acha hai na

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Even then we are better than a lot of other teams going through the rebuild process. Look at south africa they have had great batting, great bowling yet never won any championships in recent memory.

Bangladesh - samething ..

Restructuring should definitely happen no doubt but in a methodical way not like a foolish emotional reaction.

Ghatta, it claims it made 700 million pkr profit in the last financial year. We can live without PCBs 700 million for a year or two. Roz roz zaleel hone se to acha hai na

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hazrat Ali Ra has said : The one who gets up in anger always ends up losing.

The nation needs to calm down, work out things that are bothering us and then work on improving those with a cool mind.

Beef.Bhaijan

Minister (2k+ posts)
All in all we have some good players, some players need more experience and yes some should retire but be replaced with genuinely athletic cricketers.

PCB and the Pakistani cricket structure should change for the better for sure.

This is another problem with our people, knee-jerk reactions, panic-captain changes and drastic recycling of players.

The nation has the same un-stable mentality.

This needs to stop.