Anti-Malala propaganda by facebook mard-e-sazish!

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
We are not Malala, we may be the Taliban

October 15, 2012

14351-malalapropaganda-1350211200-602-640x480.jpg

Young Malala Yousufzai is now the target of a propaganda campaign.

In order for terrorists to flourish, they need more than guns, funding and a geographical location to operate in – they also need an ideological space to occupy and work inside.

That is how they persist; that is how they can win.

This fact is one which the majority of Pakistanis have yet to come to terms with: the fact that we ourselves are often individually culpable and involved in the war being waged against the terrorists in our country. Tragically, we are often knowingly or unknowingly on the wrong side of the ideological front.

Nowhere has this been better illustrated than in the current tragedy that is the attack on 14-year-old Malala Yousufzai.

Within hours of the attack, a select group of Pakistanis started creating the ideological space that allows terrorists the upper hand. It would be hard to imagine how a counter narrative could be built around the gunning down of a child, but there it was, coming from our politically charged youth, our parties, our ultra-nationalists and religio-political parties, our extremist/banned organisations and yes, our relatives, peers and friends.

I received this SMS message early yesterday morning from a co-worker:

Zara Sochae! [think!]
MALALA Ko Karachi My Target Kiya Jata; [If Malala was targeted in Karachi]
Ya Hazaron Ki Tarah Isay Bhi Drone Nishana Banata Tou: [or killed like thousands in drone attacks]
1-Na To Wo Qoum Ki Byti Kehlati [nor would she be called nation's daughter]
2-Na Hi yeh Matam [nor this mourning]
3-Na Obama Air Ambulance Offer Karta [nor an Air Ambulance from Obama]
4-Na UNO Ko ko Takleef Hoti. [Nor UNO being hurt]
5-Na tamam Madaris/ulema ka 90 pur data collect hota [Nor the collection of data of madrassas and ulema at Nine Zero]
Aaj Bhi North Wazirastan My Drone Attack My 16 Afrad Shaheed Ho Chuky Hain: [Today also 16 people have died in drone attacks]
1-Na To Qoam Ny DUA Ki? [Did the nation pray?]
2-Na Kiyani Giya Na Kisi kou koi ghum? [Neither did Kayani go, nor did anyone express sorrow?]
3-Na Kisi Ko CMH Muntaqil kiya Geya? [Nor was anyone admitted to CMH?]
4-Qoam Ki Aik Aur Byti AAFIA K Liye Kisi Ny Aaj Tak Yom-e-Duaa Kiyon Nahi Manai? [Why has there never been a day of prayer for Dr Aafia Siddiqui?]
5-Aur Kiyon Na AAFIA K Liye “Azad Media” Ny Aasman Sar Par Uthaya [Why no hue and cry for Aafia in our idependent media?]
6-Aur Laal Masjid ki betiyan? [What about the Laal Masjid daughters?]
Anjuman-e-Ghulamane America Ke Khilaf Awaz Utah Kur Jiyo [Speak out against the US]

You can only imagine how far this SMS campaign has reached if a ‘liberal extremist’ such as myself has managed to get it sent over to him.

You can only begin to imagine what this campaign looks like on Facebook (I’m sharing a few less extreme images below):

227465_537747349574184_1806840662_n.jpg

581367_500719533285900_748969236_n.jpg

315540_451582744893761_1661863200_n.jpg

Examine the content above and you will see the attack on Malala being obfuscated among drone attacks, target killings in Karachi, Aafia Siddiqui and Laal masjid, not to mention the suggestion of a grand conspiracy involving the US and our local media.

“But surely forwarding this message does not make me the Taliban? How absurd! There is some truth in all that after all!”

That is the tragedy of our nation. An attempt to murder children must also have a conspiracy and double meaning to it. The shooting of a child must serve an agenda (read: my agenda). No matter if this erodes the little resolve the nation may have to come to an agreement on an act of terrorism. No matter if this results in conversations, debates, perhaps policies and action that eventually shapes Pakistan further into the TTP’s Pakistan.

Kill media people

Later that day the web desk ran a report on the Taliban planning attacks on media houses for their coverage of the Malala attack.

I felt fear. But the fear was less from the possibility of being a potential target (a grim reality), and more from the reactions of the online audience when we shared the story to Facebook:

Innocent Kumar Ab Pata Chalega Tum Logon Ko Media Walon
blank.gif

Jalal Khan Hoti taleban zinda bad

FaiZal Ashfaq Should target GEO first

Salman Shafi Should target geo and express tv first.

Ata Ur Rehman Pehli baar Aqalmandi ka kaam karenge
blank.gif
blank.gif

Shahzeb Hassan Has somebody told them ET’s address already?

[and dozens more...]

When this story was shared to the Roznama Express page, an overwhelming majority of the comments supported the Taliban’s decision to kill media folk. Perhaps just a vocal minority? Perhaps just a casual reference to supporting murder? This is also when I started thinking about an incident 10 days ago when I was driving home and was delayed for 20 minutes due to a politician blocking the road due to their VVIP protocol and security contingents.

“I hope a suicide bomber blows up all these politicians someday”

That was my casual thought that evening as I waited in frustration for a light to turn from red to green. The ideological infection of extremism is deep-rooted, and in us all.

I spent the last half of yesterday (my day off) browsing Facebook to try and track down the counter narrative being spun around the Malala attack online. What I found was a coordinated effort being made by political parties and their supporters (JI, PTI) along with extremist outfits such as the Sipah-e-Sahaba and ASWJ working alongside ultra-nationalists of the Zaid Hamid ilk to spin, well, this story:

Or this version shared by Pak Nationalist Ahmad Quraishi and his fan base today:

Or to take it straight from conspiracy pundit Zaid Hamid’s mouth:

Under NO circumstances, the Muslims of Pakistan will wage a war against Afghan Taliban, Haqqani or Gulbadin hekmatyar. But by Allah, we will wage a war against those terrorists and murderers who are created, backed and protected by JSOC, CIA and RAW. That CIA should understand this clearly.

Or take it from any number of sources disseminating a new spin on the Malala attack. Some of the images are easy-to-consume ‘fun’ material like this image below.

535691_500565896634597_759550981_n.jpg

Perhaps the most shared image in the anti-Malala campaign has been this image below of Malala and her father meeting the ‘evil’ CIA agents and top US officials. Many of the images have included false statements attributed to Malala claiming she bashed the Pakistan Army, encouraged operations in Pakistan and other such ‘nefarious schemes’.

523862_465743360137270_593214825_n.jpg

The image below builds the argument that the Pakistani public is expressing hate towards the Taliban, not sympathy towards Malala because that is what the US and local media wants them to think.

72002_394573533946926_1456701188_n.jpg

Taking spin yet another step further, the image below states that the Taliban have actually condemned the attack on Malala, and this whole incident has been another move by the US.

545797_394559883948291_108126492_n.jpg

There is even ‘Malala was attacked to take attention away from the Anti-Islam film movement’ spin.

560753_291784500921238_2030754626_n.jpg

This is the ideological ground that allows terrorist outfits like the Taliban to operate.

It is an information-fueled rabbit hole, which goes deeper and deeper depending on the depths an individual wishes to go, and unfortunately, whether it is a preppy teenage PTI supporter up at the top, or all the way down to a hardened ultra-nationalist being paid to pour out propaganda online, the result is all the same:

Create space for terrorism and extremism to flourish.

To quote Karl Marx’s oft cited view on ideology (as a negative force):

“They don’t know it, but they are doing it.”

Some of the Facebook pages accessed for this blog post include:

Mai Pakistani HoonAl Asir ChannelMuslim Youth

United State of Islam (USI)WAKEUP PAKISTAN & MUSLIM NATION

Pakistan media – The fifth column of the enemy

Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid [Official]Ahmed Quraishi

+92 – Plus Nine Two

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/14351/we-are-not-malala-we-may-be-the-taliban/

Last edited:

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
But some facebook pages have apologised for their horrible accusations towards Malala Yousufzai and her "conspiring" meeting with Richard Holbrooke

480435_510979225581825_1978075803_n.jpg

Quran says ''O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done." [Al Qur'aan 49:6]
اگر ہم بھی بھی غلط پروپیگنڈا شروع کرے تو پھر ہم میں اور منافق میڈیا میں کیا فرق رہ جاتا ہے؟
ہم اپنی لاعلمی کی وجہ سے زندگی اور موت کی کشمکش میں مبتلا ملالا کی معصومیت پر کیچڑاچالتے رہے اور ان

جانےمیں گناہ سمیٹتے رہے۔ جبکہ تصویر کی اصلیت یہ ہے کہ یہ اک عام میٹنگ تھی اور ساتھ میں بیٹھی خاتون ملالا کی ماں نہیں بلکہ اک سوشل ورکر شاد بیگم ہے۔ اور اس میٹنگ میں بھی ملالا نے رچرڈ ہالبروک سے سوات میں ایجوکیشن کے فروغ کے لیے منت سماجت کی۔ ہم اپنے پیج سے پہلے والا غلط پوسٹ ڈیلیٹ کر چکے ہیں۔

including the original documentary see all links here
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...tani-teen-activist-faces-long-recovery-ahead/

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=es&scl...01900e3e990688&bpcl=35277026&biw=1280&bih=699

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/14291/malala-yousafzai-my-small-video-star-fights-for-her-life/

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2012/10/09/world/asia/100000001835296/class-dismissed.html

janbazali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
اس میں کوئی شک نہیں کہ ملالا ایک معصوم بچی ہے ۔۔ لیکن اصل مسئلہ ان لوگوں کا ہے جو اپنا اپنا پروپیگنڈا ثابت کرنے کے لیے اس ایشو کو استعمال کر رہے ہیں۔۔ ۔

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)
choooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dooooooooooooooooooooooo jjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn maaallaaaaaaaalllllaaaaaaaaa keeeeeeeeeee. is key ilwa oor bhee gham he zamanay may

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
اس میں کوئی شک نہیں کہ ملالا ایک معصوم بچی ہے ۔۔ لیکن اصل مسئلہ ان لوگوں کا ہے جو اپنا اپنا پروپیگنڈا ثابت کرنے کے لیے اس ایشو کو استعمال کر رہے ہیں۔۔ ۔
Not only that, but our culture of CONSPIRACY THEORIES (everything in Pakistan is a SAZISH by Amreeki/Hindu Baniya/Yahoodi agents!!!) where they blame EVERYONE ELSE but the real culprits that live among us!

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)
us ko uk behja ja raha he,aaj media keh raha he us key bachnay key chance boht kam he ,ager bechari Allah ko peyari ho gey tu pher dekhay ga pakistan may kitne zeyda qatloo garat ho jaye gee,mery kehal may usay pakistan say bahir nahee behjna cahye

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
No need of comments , after looking the face of thread starter.......
......Dented from every side.......what a brain man.....

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
us ko uk behja ja raha he,aaj media keh raha he us key bachnay key chance boht kam he ,ager bechari Allah ko peyari ho gey tu pher dekhay ga pakistan may kitne zeyda qatloo garat ho jaye gee,mery kehal may usay pakistan say bahir nahee behjna cahye

Stay firm and intact about no waziristan attck , there will be Qatal o gharat, insha Allah.....

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)
an pakistan ke kehar nahee ,bahir ka media geena haram ker day ga ,ab fooj ko operation per majboor keya jaye ga ta key pakistan may khana jangi hoo

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
[h=1]How many Malalas does it take? [/h] By Dr Tariq Rahman
Published: October 15, 2012

451486-DrTariqRahmanNew-1350234388-236-640x480.jpg

[email protected]

Malala, the innocent girl who struggled for continuing her education when her native Swat was ruled by Maulana Fazlullah’s faction of the Taliban, lies between life and death. However, after a long time, there is some sign of life among the country’s opinion-makers — and not just the liberals! So, does it take an attack on an innocent girl to awaken our collective conscience? Or is even this an evanescent phenomenon? How many more Malalas will it take for our public to change its mind about the militant groups who are associated with the Taliban?

I saw such a change in public opinion about the Taliban when it was ruling Swat in 2008. Maulana Fazlullah was ruling the valley and girls were being flogged on even minor suspicions of immorality. The government of Pakistan had given in and power had been conceded in the name of the demand of the people for the Sharia law. But then the Taliban started moving towards Buner and the military felt threatened. One after the other, media anchors started talking about taking action against them.

Within months, the local people were brought to the plains of Mardan and Peshawar and the army moved in to wipe out the Taliban and it did so. The rumour factories proclaiming that the Taliban did not exist or were foreigners and that Americans carried out the bombings attributed to them stopped churning out their trash.

But after this brief victory, we went back to our anti-American, ant-Indian rhetoric, which implied that the ‘foreign hand’ had to be blamed for the kidnappings for ransom, the throat-slitting of people suspected to be spies and the harshness of the laws of the Taliban in the areas they controlled. The anchors were back to condemning drone attacks in the name of our sovereignty, and the narrative that North Waziristan should not be attacked because the Haqqani network attacked Americans and not Pakistanis, gained currency again.

Once again, I notice a change in the military’s attitude towards militancy. Possibly, the attack on Kamra put General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani’s back up. But it is not clear whether this change will translate into a wholesale elimination of the terror outfit or whether the India-focus of the military will save anti-India outfits like before. I also do not know whether any of these outfits are really in the control of the military now or is it that they have all broken away from their mentors and the genie cannot be put back in the bottle? But what I do know is that the genie was produced by our most powerful decision-makers and they never told our public the truth. Our lack of public support and confusion, and the conspiracy theories which circulate, are all a product of lying, evasiveness, double-dealings and double-speak.

Take the policy on drones. These were allowed by our military and civilian governments since 2004 at least. The public was never told that Pakistan was in an alliance with the US and that it was not merely for money, though of course, money did come in, mainly to the military for services rendered. The people were allowed to criticise their government as heartless mercenaries, whereas the fact was that the al Qaeda philosophy, one which the Taliban also concurred with, blamed our government for being stooges of the West at best and apostates at worst.

In short, our decision-makers, too, wanted to fight the militants but they would not say so openly hoping to fool their own people, as well as the Taliban and the Americans. They did fool their people but neither the Taliban nor the Americans. The drones were meant to eliminate the al Qaeda and Taliban leadership and there is some evidence that they did this to some extent.

On March 9, Major General Ghayur Mehmood, GOC of the Seventh Infantry Division, said that between 2007 and 2011, there were 164 drone attacks, which killed 964 militants. Among these were 172 foreigners. Indeed, a few months later, Atiyah Abdurrahman (August 22, 2011) and Abu Hafs al-Shari, both second only to Osama bin Laden himself, were killed by drones.

But a recent study by Stanford and New York University claimed that of those killed in drone strikes, only two per cent were militants, while the rest were civilians. In short, the evidence is contradictory. But one thing is clear. Our people were never told that any other way to fight militants would probably result in more deaths. The infantry cannot be used as militant leaders would simply run away when foot-soldiers march towards them. Infantry is used against those who stay to fight a pitched battle, not leaders hiding in houses. And even if it is used to fish leaders out, it is a messy affair that can cause deaths of many civilians. Air force jets are an even worse choice as are gunship helicopters since they kill people indiscriminately in a wider radius than drones.

Moreover, since our people were never told what life is like under the Taliban, they know nothing about the Islamic Emirate of Waziristan, very little about Maulana Fazlullah’s Swat, and what they have heard of the Taliban rule of Afghanistan, they regard as Western or liberal propaganda. So, our decision-makers missed the opportunity to unite our citizens against militants. Among the missed opportunities was that of using the Americans to fight both their own war and ours too. We never owned the war and it is a wonder that our disciplined rank-and-file did not rebel when the army took its selective actions against the Taliban. But from soldier to general, there was confusion and ambiguity and nobody identified the enemy.

Our people were also never told that there were 413 incidents of terrorism in Pakistan before the first drone strike on June 18, 2004. Thus, the reasoning given by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, among others, that all terrorism is because of drone strikes is simply not true. But, since we have made the drones unacceptable to our people by our mendacity, what is to be done? Most of our anti-drone lobby knows nothing about infantry battles and how many people die in them, so they give no answers.

If Pakistan uses its own infantry, the number of soldiers and civilian casualties will be in thousands and such civil wars are terrible for a country. In any case, the Taliban will hide among the villagers and no infantry can fight its own people without causing serious rebellions and outrage. Some would prefer negotiating with the militants. Well, the militants broke all the peace deals that were negotiated earlier, so where does that leave us? A heartless answer would be to withdraw from the tribal areas and be content with whatever is left of Pakistan. Personally, being concerned more with people than land, I would have recommended this option, though the nationalists would not hear of it despite the fact that the Emirate of Waziristan is not really Pakistan.

But the reason why I consider this a bad solution is that I do not think we can build a Wall of China like wall to keep the militants out of what is left of Pakistan. That is just not practical. Thus, we will have an ever-expanding Taliban state with all the kidnappings and the occasional raids to keep it going.

Moreover, and this is what really bothers me, with what conscience can we leave girls like Malala to be whipped, kept as captives in homes and killed if they want to study in the new state we will allow to be created?

What right do we have to prevent 250,000 children from receiving polio vaccinations?

And we, who condemn the violation of our sovereignty loudly when drone strikes are secretly allowed by our highest authorities, why do we never condemn the states that have been formed in our tribal areas?

We have not done so because our elite has confused us, bewildered us and has filled us with so much hatred for foreigners that we cannot see that we are committing collective suicide. Just how many Malalas will it take for us to wake up?

Published in The Express Tribune, October 15[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012.

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
New Talibani Wapon = Photoshop prepared pictures with idiot/ misleading comments.

= Talibani idiocities

and the worst part is, most people are DUMB enough to believe them!!!!

So Malala is a US agent, shot by US agent TTP, so US agent (Pak Govt) can launch operation in North Waziristan against US agent TTP?

mrcritic

Minister (2k+ posts)
The Khawarij and their Congressi pro-Hindu Supporters have launched a massive propaganda campaign against Malala Yusuf Zai to justify their crime against her. She is being portrayed as a CIA agent who deserved what she got. We reject this shameless and sinister propaganda and ask all members not to fall for this rubbish.

Malala is just a child and a national celebrity who met many local and foreign delegations over the years. That does not make her a CIA agent or an enemy of Pakistan. Stop this non-sence.

Indeed she said that she like Benazir, Bacha Khan and Obama but does that mean she should be shot in the head????? Does that make her a CIA or Indian agent liable to be put to death??? Does that justify the Khawarij to kill her??

How many youngsters of her age in Pakistan idealize international celebrities?? Millions perhaps! Does that mean all should be shot or all are CIA paid agents??? She is a child and a brave one who got global fame for her stand against TZP.

Her father may be from the ANP and close to the Americans but then the entire PPP, MQM and ANP and even JUI is close to the Americans too. That does NOT mean their innocent children should be shot in head. Even if she has said something against the beard or Islamic values, which we do not believe, remember that she is just a child. Any child who is not properly informed will hate Islam after what TZP did in in the name of Islam in Swat.

Stop falling for the Khawarij propaganda. She is our daughter and we love her for that. She has been shot by the Khawarij and that makes us her protector. We will defend her and take revenge from the Khawarij, the dogs of hell. May Allah give her health and wisdom to defend the honor of Ummat e Rasul (sm) and Pak Sarzameen. ZH

hamzabaloch

MPA (400+ posts)
After malala..

50 Persons killed in Drone + Karachi taget killings + Sibi Blast..

No one care of those,media only discussing malala................... Stories to hinini hia!!!

Zulfi Khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Killing of any one is "Haram" whether is Muslim or Non-Muslim.Surah no.5:32 [al-Mai'dah].
Malalai is the daughter of Pakistan; may Allah save her and give new life after attack upon
her but media is corrupt and dishonest.

The whole media is controlled by liberals who want Pakistanis to be away from Islam.

khidr

MPA (400+ posts)
Malala incident is an insider job to support the ongoing "drone attacks" and "war on terror". Their agenda is to malign the idea of "Islamic Pakistan". Pakistani Media is playing the dirty game here. They should be charged with libel and slander for falsification.

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Malala incident is an insider job to support the ongoing "drone attacks" and "war on terror". Their agenda is to malign the idea of "Islamic Pakistan". Pakistani Media is playing the dirty game here. They should be charged with libel and slander for falsification.

so how is Texas at this time of year then? (bigsmile)