Alcohol in Pepsi and Coke?

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Coca-Cola's 'secret ingredient revealed'

cocac2.jpg

Often duplicated but never replicated, the Coca-Cola recipe has been a well-kept secret for years.

Created by medicinal pharmacist John Pemberton in 1886, the exact measures of each ingredient that make up the world-famous soft drink have been closely guarded - until now.

American public radio show Thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered a list of ingredients and their exact quantities to mix the perfect Coca-Cola drink.

A photo from the 8th February 1979 editorion of American daily newspaper, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, shows a person holding open a book with a recipe, which is allegedly an exact copy of Pemberton’s.

The recipe is said to contain the precise amount of all the different oils needed to create Merchandise 7X, Coca-Cola’s secret ingredient.

Even though Merchandise 7X makes up only one percent of the drink’s formula, the key ingredient is believed to give one of the world’s most popular soft drink its unique taste.

The official recipe is allegedly guarded 24-hours a day in a vault in Atlanta, Georgia.

Here is the ‘secret recipe’:

Fluid extract of Coca 3 drams USP
Citric acid 3 oz
Caffeine 1oz
Sugar 30 (it is unclear from the markings what quantity is required)
Water 2.5 gal
Lime juice 2 pints 1 qrt
Vanilla 1oz
Caramel 1.5oz or more to colour
7X flavour (use 2oz of flavour to 5 gals syrup):
Alcohol 8oz
Orange oil 20 drops
Lemon oil 30 drops
Nutmeg oil 10 drops
Coriander 5 drops
Neroli 10 drops
Cinnamon 10 drops

source

Last edited by a moderator:

Baba jee

Councller (250+ posts)
Re: Bad News for Cola Lovers

Drink Zam Zam Cola.................very famous in mid eastern countries.

Nawazish

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Coca-Cola has Alcohol in it

پوری دنیا کو شراب پلا رہے ہیں یہ گورے
آج کے بعد نہیں پینی یہ شراب. ویسے بھی صحت کے لئے بہت بری ہے

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Anyways .... I hate to drink coke sometimes I do drink Pepsi ...rare...... but it mean that I must avoid it as well ... as nobody knows whats inside it.... now I am thinking about the white ones like 7UP or Sprite ... I drink them .... I think I must avoid them as well ......

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)

Let us drink Alcohol without knowing,
I was wondering for a longtime why do I drink everyday before I sleep and feel something dizzy and have a good sleep, You tell me the truth now

I am gonna drink two can now, Its really nniceeee

student

Senator (1k+ posts)

If they are selling Kosher Cola for Jews then ordinary Cola must contain haram contents.... (the original glycerin from beef tallow having been replaced by vegetable glycerin) Ordinary cola may contain glycerin from haram beef....
Kosher Coca Cola

Kosher Coca Cola produced for Passover is sold in 2-liter bottles with a yellow cap marked with an OU-P, indicating that the Orthodox Jewish Union certifies the soda as Kosher for Passover, or with a white cap with a CRC-P indicating that the certification is provided by the Chicago Rabbinical Council.
While the usual Coca-Cola formula is kosher (the original glycerin from beef tallow having been replaced by vegetable glycerin), during Passover Ashkenazi Jews do not consume Kitniyot, which prevents them from consuming high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).[9]
Even sugar-based formulas would still require certification of both the formula and the specific bottling plant, as the strictures of Kashrut on Passover are far higher and more complicated than usual kosher observance.

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)

There is no way to confirm this news...

لیکن جب شک پیدا ہو جائے تو اس چیز کو چھوڑ دینا چاہے

Kurwaa Such

Voter (50+ posts)

Coca-Cola's 'secret ingredient revealed'

cocac2.jpg

Often duplicated but never replicated, the Coca-Cola recipe has been a well-kept secret for years.

Created by medicinal pharmacist John Pemberton in 1886, the exact measures of each ingredient that make up the world-famous soft drink have been closely guarded - until now.

American public radio show Thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered a list of ingredients and their exact quantities to mix the perfect Coca-Cola drink.

A photo from the 8th February 1979 editorion of American daily newspaper, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, shows a person holding open a book with a recipe, which is allegedly an exact copy of Pemberton’s.

The recipe is said to contain the precise amount of all the different oils needed to create Merchandise 7X, Coca-Cola’s secret ingredient.

Even though Merchandise 7X makes up only one percent of the drink’s formula, the key ingredient is believed to give one of the world’s most popular soft drink its unique taste.

The official recipe is allegedly guarded 24-hours a day in a vault in Atlanta, Georgia.

Here is the ‘secret recipe’:

Fluid extract of Coca 3 drams USP
Citric acid 3 oz
Caffeine 1oz
Sugar 30 (it is unclear from the markings what quantity is required)
Water 2.5 gal
Lime juice 2 pints 1 qrt
Vanilla 1oz
Caramel 1.5oz or more to colour
7X flavour (use 2oz of flavour to 5 gals syrup):
Alcohol 8oz
Orange oil 20 drops
Lemon oil 30 drops
Nutmeg oil 10 drops
Coriander 5 drops
Neroli 10 drops
Cinnamon 10 drops

source

Asslam o alaikum

I read this in newspaper "today" in 1992 or 1993 and this paper has been closed. In that news, quantity was 50 gm. I try to avoid coke since then. .

Kurwaa Such

Voter (50+ posts)

The source look pretty reliable. Who is going to quit drinking coke now? Does this mean, Pepsi also has Alcohol?

Brother Adeel,
Asslam o alaikum
I've done it since 1992 or 1993 when I read this first in Today newspaper.

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)

these are simples guesses by people. Until the original documents from coke don't come out...its just a story. There is no alcohol present in coke. This is all BS.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

The source look pretty reliable. Who is going to quit drinking coke now? Does this mean, Pepsi also has Alcohol?

The coke is owned by jews and Pepsi is Muslim's. perhaps Egyptian owns it.

As far my information. please check this information and confirm also
Thanks.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

these are simples guesses by people. Until the original documents from coke don't come out...its just a story. There is no alcohol present in coke. This is all BS.

The chemical analysis could tell easily , if alcohol is there or not. what ever the ingredients.

It is not possible that if alcohol is in ingredients and it could not be found in analysis. unless it chemically reacts with other chemicals and turned out different product....

That will not make a problem ,I guess.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

The chemical analysis could tell easily , if alcohol is there or not. what ever the ingredients.

It is not possible that if alcohol is in ingredients and it could not be found in analysis. unless it chemically reacts with other chemicals and turned out different product....

That will not make a problem ,I guess.

Ab Peenay Kay Bahanay Na Banaao, lolz...

Maryam.

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

I had left it for a 4-5 years now because I had heard similar stuff about the ingredients. Unfortunately, had just started drinking it again 2-3 months ago after doing some research whether the ingredients were halal or not.

Anyways, never going to drink it again. I just feel so (thumbsdown).